9 7.4%

14 11.6%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

GRE

I am not sure about our participation next year...If the government wont be elected again, everything is uncertain !

CPV4931

This has been the first post in this thread every single year I've been on this forum I swear

"But this year for real" in 3,2,1,...

• Like It
Reactions: GRE

lilka

@Nicholas123, I was about to mention Marina Satti as well. Or Marseaux.
Another option is the big return of Koza Mostra or the participation of Locomondo. Surreal, I know.

GRE

If anyone sees the most voted greek entries in televoting (by %)
It's very obvious what people are expecting from us.

1. Shake it (60,00% of total possible votes)
2. Die for you (55,68% of total possible votes)
3. My number one (50,43% of total possible votes)
4. Alcohol is free (44%-48% of total possible votes)
5. My secret combination (43,25% of total possible votes)

PanosAK

Since i was clearly the reasons that ERT went with Katerine Duska back in 2019 and since then they took the more indie/alternative approach
oW1Nlsx.png

I'm going to throw in some early ideas for artists that i'm almost certain ERT isn't gonna be looking for but i feel would be good selections.

ZEN :

Daphne and the Fuzz :

Puta Volcano :
(if only they went the rock route)

Marina Spanou :

Sworr. :

NEARXOS :

Last edited:

PanosAK

Daphne Lawrence :

Lefteris Samson :

ΥΡΟ :

Gio Meody :

Terselle :

(I'm not gonna mention the obvious ones like Satti, Goodjobnicky or Evangelia because i'm certain that ERT is considering them as they showed clear intentions of contacting them this year, so these are the obvious choices)

lilka

If anyone sees the most voted greek entries in televoting (by %)
It's very obvious what people are expecting from us.

1. Shake it (60,00% of total possible votes)
2. Die for you (55,68% of total possible votes)
3. My number one (50,43% of total possible votes)
4. Alcohol is free (44%-48% of total possible votes)
5. My secret combination (43,25% of total possible votes)
Yikes! No. No. No. xwall

rasmuslights

Veteran
He managed to make a trip out to Karpathos, where his dad still lives, during the pandemic, and has started to delve deeper into his love of Greek folk music. His interest in visiting the country developed around the same time as his relationship with his dad – who makes Greek folk instruments himself – improved. “There’s some music there that I absolutely love, especially from the island my dad’s from, but I wonder how it’d land here,” he says. “Or do I do it for the Greeks?” I tell him he should do Eurovision, prompting him to recall a recent “weird email” from someone in Greece that was actually related to the annual song contest. He grins, seemingly envisioning himself among the sequins, glitter and general insanity of that world. “Can you imagine?”

this is what foals had to say about esc participation...

we shall see

Nicholas123

I'm unsure about how i feel with the possibility to have a British band representing us. Yiannis alone would be acceptable.

Anyway, eurovisionfun statred making "suggestions" about the next year. We should all pay attention to their list, as i'm 100% sure our next representative will come out of it. So far they have mentioned the following names.

Yiannis (Foals)

Johan Papaconstaninou (a French-Greek guy, who's making some really cool music)

Leon of Athens (Duska's boyfriend, was also involved as a composer in "Better Love")

Tamta, but with some alternative pop ballad, like NERO.

Tania Breazou (pop singer, became kinda famous from X-Factor 2016)

Melissa Mantzoukis (another diaspora girl)

Vassilis Kourtis (a 27yo tenor. Barbie's Ken type of boy)

Nasfika Gavrilaki (she realeased her 1st single as a little girl, then got lost and we now find her in Cobalt music with a new single).

More names to follow hopefully. With a few exceptions i find the list weak.

Last edited:

PanosAK

I'm unsure about how i feel with the possibility to have a British band representing us. Yiannis alone would be acceptable.

Anyway, eurovisionfun statred making "suggestions" about the next year. We should all pay attention to their list, as i'm 100% sure our next representative will come out of it. So far they have mentioned the following names.

Yiannis (Foals)

Johan Papaconstaninou (a French-Greek guy, who's making some really cool music)

Leon of Athens (Duska's boyfriend, was also involved as a composer in "Better Love")

Tamta, but with some alternative pop ballad, like NERO.

Tania Breazou (pop singer, became kinda famous from X-Factor 2016)

Melissa Mantzoukis (another diaspora girl)

Vassilis Kourtis (a 27yo tenor. Barbie's Ken type of boy)

Nasfika Gavrilaki (she realeased her 1st single as a little girl, then got lost and we now find her in Cobalt music with a new single).

More names to follow hopefully. With a few exceptions i find the list weak.
The list outside of Leon of Athens leaves me unmoved. NERO is amazing and a song like it would be great but i don't see Tamta doing Eurovision again any time soon. I'm familiar with Johan and he could either turn out to be a really inspired selection or a really bad one. Other than those 3 i'm unmoved

lilka

Leon of Athens is cool. The rest is to some degree acceptable.

Nicholas123

The list outside of Leon of Athens leaves me unmoved. NERO is amazing and a song like it would be great but i don't see Tamta doing Eurovision again any time soon. I'm familiar with Johan and he could either turn out to be a really inspired selection or a really bad one. Other than those 3 i'm unmoved

It gets "better". Tha last two suggestions are Yiannis Tergiakis (who???) - He was in x factor 2019.

And Antonia Kaouri (Kontopoulos new "muse". She took part in The Voice last year).

Efun promised that there will be more names revealed after summer. So far, Leon has my vote.

rasmuslights

Veteran
It gets "better". Tha last two suggestions are Yiannis Tergiakis (who???) - He was in x factor 2019.

And Antonia Kaouri (Kontopoulos new "muse". She took part in The Voice last year).

Efun promised that there will be more names revealed after summer. So far, Leon has my vote.

these 2 idk... they seem too greek and a bit dated...

leon of athens, foals and tamta win for me so far.

PanosAK

It's hard to judge them because it literally will depend on if the song they've been given is good or not. That's why i always rather singer/songwriters than just getting a singer and then giving them a song hoping they will be able to deliver it well or not. Cause then you can get literally anything from a Fuego to a This is Love

Top Bottom