14 11.6%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Ezio

Veteran
We shouldnt censor ourselves because we don't like something a kid is presenting.

Kids nowadays grow up in the illusion that they can be anything they want, they are perfect and superstars.

If they are not exposed to critique, they become incapable adults and resort to drugs and suicide.

There is no resilience nor room for growth in them if they were not exposed to a healthy dose of backlash.

spinachpie

It's not my favourite entry but why is this so low in all the polls? I don't get it.
After a second listen, it's actually really rather good. Cannot believe he is 16.

It's not a 'Eurovision' song, so the fandom won't think much of it, but it's very radio friendly and I think could surprise a few. Seems to have a good live voice too.

ArmpitOfEurope

It's not my favourite entry but why is this so low in all the polls? I don't get it.

Its not the kind of esc song that fans will have on repeat, Im pretty sure most of them didnt even listen to it a second time, it doesnt have replay value as a esc track, you appreciate Victor's talent the 1st time you listen and then you leave it and forget about it.
This doesnt mean he cant get a decent result tho with a great performance, fans weren't crazy about Austria's Nobody but you either.
Even if its my least favourite greek entry, I think Victor is going to qualify, unless they bury him in the death slot. In the final juries may appreciate it to a reasonable extent

PanosAK

Please. Easily our most overrated entries possibly ever. Doesn't get more generic and uninspired pop than those 2 records.....there is literally a part in the Last Dance chorus where she goes "Oh Oh Oh- Oh Oh Oh- Oh Oh -Oh" followed by a bunch of "OOooohs" xfacepalm

I'm swiftly changing the song if that starts playing wherever i'm at, whereas i might let "what they say" play...as background noise. At least it wort irritate me.

ArmpitOfEurope

Please. Easily our most overrated entries possibly ever. Doesn't get more generic and uninspired pop than those 2 records.....there is literally a part in the Last Dance chorus where she goes "Oh Oh Oh- Oh Oh Oh- Oh Oh -Oh" followed by a bunch of "OOooohs" xfacepalm

I'm swiftly changing the song if that starts playing wherever i'm at, whereas i might let "what they say" play...as background noise. At least it wort irritate me.

I adore Last dance, its my favourite greek entry since My secret combination! Princess Stefania is just adorable
Wasnt crazy about Supergirl, but it would have been better live

Both songs are much better than What they say for me because they have character, I find Last dance way more interesting musically than What they say, its melodical verses, the epic prechorus, the retro inspired chorus. The only interesting part of What the say musically is the prechorus.

Ps: Of course youre entitled to your opinion, the gif I posted was just a joke obviously! xlove

lilka

Well, you'right about that. Like I said, I don't dislike Victor's song. I couldn't, it's Greece. I'm just indifferent (there's a good Greek expression for that, you know what I mean). But it's also true that it's indeed better than Stefania's entries.

Someone said something about Greece setting the bars too high. To me, Greece set the bar waaaaaay too high 17 years ago. I... fell on my knees. ;) But that's just me, I know. Ever since then I was really doing my best to be objective and appreciate good entries. I even loved some of them, with "Alcohol is free" being of course my number 2. Some honorable mentions would be "Watch my dance", "Oneiro mou", and, of course, "Die together".

Stefania's songs are great as songs for dancing and having fun without thinking.
Victor's song is for listening.

MS.

I'm loving to listen to this lately.
I really hope Victor can qualify.
It is so underrated and gets so much undeserved hate.
I guess this is majorly due to all the story with Melissa Mantzoukis :cautious:

ArmpitOfEurope

I'm loving to listen to this lately.
I really hope Victor can qualify.
It is so underrated and gets so much undeserved hate.
I guess this is majorly due to all the story with Melissa Mantzoukis :cautious:

No What they say was never going to be a fan favourite anyway. Its not a YASS entry.
Most of them just find it indifferent but yes there are those who hate on it for no reason at all, for example some fans hate on Greece, Switzerland and Cyprus because they are too... hetero :oops:xbored

Mainshow

Veteran
Ohhh, perfect slot in the semi for Victor, 8th!
Between Iceland and Poland
Great news! He's qualifying

And that´s a good thing? - Honestly, I think that all three songs are weak (If I have to choose between one of these three entires, I´d clearly want Greece to qualify, though) but for real, I don´t need to hear any of these three entries on a Saturday night in May.

ArmpitOfEurope

And that´s a good thing? - Honestly, I think that all three songs are weak (If I have to choose between one of these three entires, I´d clearly want Greece to qualify, though) but for real, I don´t need to hear any of these three entries on a Saturday night in May.

Its semi final 2 love someone has to go through hah

Mainshow

Veteran
Its semi final 2 love someone has to go through hah
That´s right - honestly, I could have lived with 3-5 qualifiers only... but dunno, the rest is like a sea of mediocre and bland entries. I also believe that most entries are "interchangeable" and it´ll really depend on the performances .. I mean, who cares whether Iceland, Greece, Poland, Denmark, Romania really qualifies...

And let´s not forget about semi final 1 back in 2011 - didn´t 5 countries which performed "in a row" not qualify in the end? - It can happen in this year´s semi 2 again if you ask me...

Realest

Short Reminder that Paenda got the same Pimpslot from the first Half and broke lots of Worldrecords.

D9l-wv3XsAA2GOz.jpg

Top Bottom