9 7.4%

14 11.6%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

lilka

Okay, so the song representing Greece was published so I think I should say something. While it is definitely not unlistenable, it still remains totally boring and bland to my ear, with the uptempo part adding a complete mess only. He unfortunately lacks charisma. This is a ballad, ballads are difficult. But they are also different between them: so either the ballad itself has to be powerful and well-structured or the singer has to have charisma, stage experience and a unique voice. He is very young, so he surely has plenty of time to try various sounds and to develop his style, but the ESC is happening NOW. Greece needs a winning material NOW. And for NOW, it's not my cup of tea, sorry.
But... it's still my beloved Greece, so as always, καλή επιτυχία! xheart

By the way, Argo's song was awesome, because it was GREEK.

FilipFromSweden

I dig it, it's messy and unpolished but it's also raw :8:

jatojo

Is something wrong with the audio? The song sounds a bit "compressed". Anyway, I'll give points for bringing a regular popsong. It seems the bookmakers never saw this as more than a borderline qualifier.

It's a 5 from me, and a brilliant live performance could turn it into a 6 or 7.

Remembrance

Hmm... no, it's too bland for my liking. He seems like an alright performer/talent (and half-Danish, apparently), but the song is just... there.
Nothing of real interest, honestly.

Good luck, Greece.

ArmpitOfEurope

I hope they will come up with something for the staging, if they go with '' simple '' and '' modern '', this will probably be getting the death slot in the semi ( Greece and Denmark are the favourites for the death slot in semi 2 I think ).
With a weak song and with weak staging and from a very early slot, he will be doomed, even in a very weak and a very Greece-friendly semi.

mauve

Veteran
So after a few listenings I gave a :7:. The song won't generate attention, but I personally like it more than Cyprus actually. Cyprus may have more beat and turns, but it is also VERY VERY basic. Greece's song still has something umpolished and that makes it more interesting in my eyes. I hope Victor will have a nice staging then he might make it the 9th or 10th place in the semi to get thru. But I have no idea how he sings live, so he really has to be good to give Greece a chance.

ollibox

Another entry that would heavily depend on good staging in Liverpool to reach anywhere. The song itself is not catchy and/or memorable enough, unfortunately. At least, in my opinion.
For it's fortune, SF2 is as "tough" as it is. No surprise if Greece qualifies.
Middle of the road song for me, :5: is the highest I can give atm.

PanosAK

It’s cool that :gr: is trying something different for them but this song lacks a clear structure and any kind of melody. It’s very forgettable. I like Victor‘s voice though and he definitely is a talented young singer. :4: points from me.
How is this different from our last 3 entries? :unsure:

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
I want to cheer for Greece (haven't been able to properly since the fabulous Oniro mou) but everything about What They Say repels me, those vocals especially though. Oh my goodness.. they make it an incredible challenge from the very get go. If we reach a point in time where every artist is singing in cursive so strongly like this then I'm gonna need to buy me a one way ticket to Mars where hopefully the Martians have less forced vocal styles on offer. This is pretty much an unlistenable 3 minutes for me.

I'm sorry. It's a :1: I'm afraid to say. Greece finally killed me off once and for all :cry: I look forward to you reviving me with Efi Thodi next year though

Superman-Action-Comics-1003-DC-Comics.jpg

crashworld

Veteran
I think we can thank Greece for their participation this year. Their sole purpose now in this year's edition is to make sure they give Cyprus 12 points via TV so Cyprus can qualify to the GF.

For those who is interested, the song is on Spotify:

CPV4931

Greece used to be one of my favorite Eurovision countries but decided for the wrong way at some point... also this year it´s not my cup of tea

hijirio

Veteran
Wait so you're saying this won against Evangelia?

Misogyny at its finest

bye

Top Bottom