But if we die together now
We will always have each other
I won't lose you for another
And if we die together
I will hold you till forever
If we die together, die together now​

Last edited by a moderator:

aef

I'm afraid I'm also among those who don't understand the hype around this song. It sounds like "background" music to me, something that you hear on the radio, in an ad or in a movie and while it's nice and creates a nice atmosphere, you don't really pay attention to it. Maybe in the live performance they will manage to remedy this
Hype around this? Haha why, thats ridiculous. What makes this even hyped worthy. It might sneak into the top 10 with a decent jury result. But I can't see this totally flop with televoters. Maybe with 60-70 points at best. But lets wait and see. Definitely no top 5 material.

spinachpie

Hype around this? Haha why, thats ridiculous. What makes this even hyped worthy. It might sneak into the top 10 with a decent jury result. But I can't see this totally flop with televoters. Maybe with 60-70 points at best. But lets wait and see. Definitely no top 5 material.

Um, well being Top 5 in the odds, as well as the positive reactions online, is where the hype is coming from I guess. (y);)

ArmpitOfEurope

The way you say that it doesnt deserve any hype but then yourself recognise its potential for a top 10 finish... xblush

Etanna

Well the hype is real (it's 4th in the odds atm) but I also feel like it will repeat the fate of Greece 2021 or even Greece 2019

aef

The way you say that it doesnt deserve any hype but then yourself recognise its potential for a top 10 finish... xblush
Possible 8th-10th finish = hype??
Um, well being Top 5 in the odds, as well as the positive reactions online, is where the hype is coming from I guess. (y);)
Well my question is on what is this based.... What does the entry offer.

Btw. :uk: is also so high in the odds (mainly due to :uk: being one of the biggest betting markets and them betting on their own entry) and they won't come top 5 either.

Fluke

Much like some other female solo entries this year.... there's something unusual and intriguing about it, like the vocoder in the beginning and other weird sounds, but it's wrapped in too much of a generic and quite mediocre pop to work for me. It's not that it's "too normal", it's that it's bad, at least partially.

ArmpitOfEurope

Well the hype is real (it's 4th in the odds atm) but I also feel like it will repeat the fate of Greece 2021 or even Greece 2019

Since when entering the top 10 in Eurovision is being considered bad fate?
No one was considering Last Dance a huge favourite, the peak on the bets was #10 and she was #16 a few hours before the final.
Anyway I think we cant predict safely an outcome now before we see the staging, Better love could have done better without that silly mess of a staging.
Could go either way, but at this phase, based on the song alone, top 10 seems within reach which is great to start off.

spinachpie

Possible 8th-10th finish = hype??

Well my question is on what is this based.... What does the entry offer.

Btw. :uk: is also so high in the odds (mainly due to :uk: being one of the biggest betting markets and them betting on their own entry) and they won't come top 5 either.

That's the point. That only happens with the UK entries, and possibly Sweden because of their past success.

In terms of what it offers? I don't know, it's a song that a lot of people seem to like. That's all there is to it haha.

kamc

Now this is the kind of soft electro ballad thing I was expecting from Aminata this year (instead of the very generic piano ballad she actually competed in Supernova with).
Anyway I really like this. There are really interesting elements to it without sounding messy and the video is gorgeous.

Loindici

Veteran
And whats wrong with that? I think it looks beautiful, youthful and modern.

It is beautiful, youthful, and modern as you said, don't get me wrong. I just didn't like the association it brings with me -- Netflix kinda gives you an Americanised and saccharinised version of teen romance, which is not vibing with my taste.

Etanna

Since when entering the top 10 in Eurovision is being considered bad fate?
No one was considering Last Dance a huge favourite, the peak on the bets was #10 and she was #16 a few hours before the final.
Anyway I think we cant predict safely an outcome now before we see the staging, Better love could have done better without that silly mess of a staging.
Could go either way, but at this phase, based on the song alone, top 10 seems within reach which is great to start off.

I didn't say entering the top 10 is bad fate just that those songs didn't live up to many people's expectations of an even better result. Malta's Destiny last year got a 6th place which is obviously a huge success but since she had been considered a potential top 3 candidate, if not a winner, this ultimately caused a lot of fans to think of it as a disappointing result...

(Btw are you sure about the odds of Last Dance? I remember people expecting it to do much better?)

ArmpitOfEurope

(Btw are you sure about the odds of Last Dance? I remember people expecting it to do much better?)

Yeah, I am sure! She was outside the top 10 on the bets, she rose to #10 when news of '' great staging '' started appearing, then she fell to #16 during the rehearsals.
You can see it here yourself

So Greeks werent dissapointed but plesantly surprised by princess Stefania.
She even became a big meme in Greece coz she was asked in the airport
'' what are you going to do now ''
and she said '' eat as much souvlaki as I want ''

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

I quite like it overall, I'd give it a :7: for now.

Don't know if I can see it outright winning, though....but maybe that'll change when I see the live rehearsals. It doesn't feel like it's going to be a runaway winner or anything at least.

jatojo

Good song. Not very remarkable though. I've listened to it a couple of times, and I still don't quite understand why it's so high in the odds. There were several not qualified ballads from other NF's that I liked more.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Eurofans with this song:
wRvlDGF.gif

Well. The first minute a capella is boring as hell, and that vocal effect is truly horrendous. No idea why they added it as, as it gives no redeeming quality other than to make her voice sound robotic. The change and explosion is nice, and enjoyable but overall I find it all rather... bland and uninteresting. The hype somewhat baffles me, although it seems like typical eurofan fodder so I guess not actually. All round it's actualy an incredibly disappointing entry from Greece, it has 0 Greek identity to it at all - in fact I feel like it has 0 identity at all and could have easily come from any country who just want to try and be a bit scorewhore-y. Just a typical ballad to draw in some of them jury votes. I'm gonna give it :4: because there is for sure worse out there, but there is no way this anything remarkable.

andreas4301

All round it's actualy an incredibly disappointing entry from Greece, it has 0 Greek identity to it at all - in fact I feel like it has 0 identity at all and could have easily come from any country who just want to try and be a bit scorewhore-y. Just a typical ballad to draw in some of them jury votes.
I can understand your reasoning for not liking the song, it's not my favourite either, but THIS point? Is not it.
Even though I do like ethnic songs and I am happy that Cyprus is going ethnic this year, expecting southern and eastern European states to always go ethnic is wrong and borderlines xenophobia.

Cute, "vanilla" if you may, radio-friendly music isn't just for Nordic and western European states. Where was the Norwegian identity in "Attention"? Where's the kantele in "Jezebel"? Why didn't Duncan wear clogs for "Arcade"? And why isn't Brooke dressed as St. Patrick?

See, it makes zero sense.

Top Bottom