1 0.9%

1 0.9%

5 4.5%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Greece-scaled.jpg

Citelis

Not sure why Leea Nanos wants to represent Greece and not Australia?

Maybe she knows that Australia is not going to select her. Personally i would like to see her representing us but the majority of Greek fans probably won't agree with me. :(

Daybreak

Off-topic, but every year when I see the "Greece 2xxx" thread title, it reminds me of the house classic Greece 2000 by 3 Drives on a Vinyl :)

Preuss

Maybe she knows that Australia is not going to select her. Personally i would like to see her representing us but the majority of Greek fans probably won't agree with me. :(

I mean considering that Australia Decides has only been once, I'm not sure we can point out a trend of which types of entries Australia's going to send in the future

Citelis

I mean considering that Australia Decides has only been once, I'm not sure we can point out a trend of which types of entries Australia's going to send in the future

You are right here. However since she tried already to represent Australia with no success maybe she thinks that is better idea to give a try for Greece too. In Greece there is no national final so if she manages to gain ERT's attention she will be close to go to Eurovision. But Greece has already sent 3 female artists in row so i guess that ERT (if we participate) will try to find a male or a band.

Preuss

Well I wish her the best of luck :D
And yes to be fair for some reason I can't see Australia really go for her before she achieves some merits in her career

Kaz

Leea put on her Instagram story today that she’s “working on” talking with the Greek broadcaster.

Nicholas123

Haha, that's very sweet, but someone better tell her that post national elections, :gr: will have a new goverment and ERT most likely a new board! :D

Loindici

Veteran
I don't know if Greece 'tried' anything. Well, they tried to have an idea about anything but the execution is, weirdly, always got half-baked for the last five years.

Alaska49

i don't think anything about this year was half baked. it was just a bit weird and left-field and murdered between the televote top 2 in the running order. i think greece should be proud of their good work and clear improvements from the last three years (yes, i am including demy despite her better placement). they should keep doing what they did this year and just do some adjustments.

Realest

:gr: and :sm: are the only Countries who didnt reach Top15 in the last 6 Years.

Citelis

Also which year Belarus reached top 15 in the last 6 years?? :confused:

That fact would be correct if you say about Top18 not Top15.

Realest

Sorry, Youre right. I read this somewhere else.

Loindici

Veteran
i don't think anything about this year was half baked. it was just a bit weird and left-field and murdered between the televote top 2 in the running order. i think greece should be proud of their good work and clear improvements from the last three years (yes, i am including demy despite her better placement). they should keep doing what they did this year and just do some adjustments.

For me, there are some reasons it still felt 'half-baked' : the song is actually strong in content, but it fell unprepared to be transformed live so it lost a lot of its energy. The staging might have a great idea behind it (even the spokesperson seems so convincing explaining the stage concept), but execution-wise, elements seem to clash and fashion choices could be better. But i do agree this is a good step forward taken by Greece and I'm waiting if there'll be something even more interesting for 2020.

PanosAK

So in the 2019 thread i predicted the Greek participant for the competition when there was literally 0 talks of Katerine being the Greek representative at the time and looked like something that ERT would never go for..

oW1Nlsx.png

So i think i should make careful use of my clearly psychic powers before i choose our next entry. :p

Overall i'm happy that it was Katerine who represented Greece, as i was a huge fan of hers when she literally had 5k subs on her youtube channel and nobody knew who she was before she was announced and now thanks to being in Eurovision she has a huge audience. I still think overall she is one of the best artists Greece has had represent them in the contest despite what was a disappointing for some result. (i think being in the Grand Final the way the competition is set up last few years is always a success) The low placement is the curse of our reps always going with possibly their worst song in their discography whenever they are chosen to compete (Looking at you Demy). Same happened with Katerine, i wasn't expecting her to go for that type of sound.

Anyways , i hope ERT doesn't chicken out suddenly and go for a mega mainstream Greek artist for the next competition just because Katerine didn't place as high. Give more underground artists like her a chance to shine. That's what the contest should be about imo.

Nicholas123

I'm afraid that after this year's result we are gonna get an atrocious MAD TV national final for 2020, with Z-list artists and terrible songs, like it happened back in 2014-15. :lol:

randajad

Veteran
I'm afraid that after this year's result we are gonna get an atrocious MAD TV national final for 2020, with Z-list artists and terrible songs, like it happened back in 2014-15. :lol:

Yet those two songs were not the worst songs you guys have sent. :lol:

Realest

The most horrible greek Entries were internally selected (2016-2019 with the Exception 2017).

Top Bottom