Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
gr.gif

lilka

The new song titled "Αίμα" in its original version:

Official remix (which I don't like that much):

Unofficial remix which I love:

An example of live performance (I was there :love:)

An example of live performance that I didn't witness but I loved:

lilka

As another hardcore fANNAtic, but unfortunately living 2000 km away, I am so jealous of you! xcry
I am returning to Athens next year, from the end of June until half of August this time (now I was from 30th June until yesterday) to celebrate Anna's 50th career anniversary. I mean, I will go to EVERY concert in Athens for sure (this year I was on 6th, 12th and 13th July in Alsos Theatre and 16th July in Katerini), and I will do my best to go to as many other concerts as it will be possible to me.
There is NO other artist and performer like her. I would not spend even 50 cents for any Polish singer, nor any international one, but Anna is worth every money. If I had to pay 100 EUR in Alsos, I still would. She's 65 but she is funny, autoironic, still has that HUGE voice (of course it sounds a little different, but it's HUGE) and as an addition, she looks gorgeous and is always stylishly dressed.
And she is very special to me, because I owe her my perfect Greek (well, Greeks say it's perfect, so... :lol:). Her songs inspired me to start learning 16 years ago. That inspiration later turned into a very deep passion towards Greece and Cyprus. Every human being needs a passion, needs to be interested in something apart from work and family, in something that is private, something that is only ours. Anna with her authenticity helped me find my passion which I didn't have at 16. Then ESC 2006 came...
So, whatever she releases, I will still remain a hardcore fan.

Last edited:

CypriotGirl

Veteran
@lilka without a doubt Anna is one of the best performers because she can sing literally anything (unlike many great singers who are good only in one or two genres), I haven't seen her live myself though except of a "free entrance" performance she had in Larnaca a few years ago and that was for less than one hour because the time was changed last minute and we arrived when she was at the last moments of the concert (but still managed to hear her performing "Dodeka" and I really got goosebumps). That's because I didn't attend that many concerts in my life and most of the concerts I've been were of Antonis Remos because my mom was a big fan of him and I always accompanied her in his concerts. I always wanted to see Anna Vissi peforming live, but I didn't find any partner to go with in any concert of her. My husband on the other hand has seen her live countless times. We really wanted to go and see her live but then the pandemic started and most concerts were cancelled, we were thinking to go and see her in Hotel Ermou in Greece, but then some things came up and we didn't manage to. And thankfully now it's posssible to see her live by the end of this month. Tickets are 35 euros per person, but I'm sure it worths it. ;)

lilka

This year was my first (first 4) times I saw her live, so I'm still super excited and still cannot get over it. I'd love to see her in Hotel Ermou, but the problem is that to go to bouzoukia you have to have company (the prices are announced usually per 4 people) that speaks/understands Greek and at least likes a singer... I traveled to Athens alone because I attended a Greek course (C1-C2 level) at a language school for a month, which is what I'm going to repeat next summer. Normally during the year I work as a teacher so the summer months are my vacation, just like for my students. We also have shorter winter breaks, but it's a little bit more difficult to travel to Greece in winter. I am afraid that I won't be able to go this winter, but maybe you two could be my παρέα some time in the future, next season maybe, if you decide to go someday? You know, people sometimes meet online. ;) Luckily we have private messages on this forum!
By the way, my private Anna-related goal for the 50th anniversary is to translate the musical "Μάλα, η μουσική του ανέμου" to Polish and upload it on youtube with subtitles. It's so heavily related to Poland that I want to promote it at least within my circle of friends.

Αν θες, γράψε μου κάποτε ένα προσωπικό μήνυμα στα ελληνικά. :)

Last edited:

lilka

I was there celebrating her 50 years in the music industry.

Top Bottom