8 3.8%

20 9.6%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

midnightsun

Veteran
Well, the fact that France and Estonia are up in the top there too tells me the 2019 poll can’t be taken seriously :cool:

This year however the wiwi top is pretty much similar to what other polls say too.
I believe in LOTL! ;)

Realest

Only 1 Comment (now 2) today?
This is a new Low..

midnightsun

Veteran
BTW - LOTL are playing in my hometown in May, I‘m about to get tickets but actually I have no time to go, aaargh, choices!!!!

simori95

btw is Marvin Dietmann confirmed as their … stage conceptionist? Is there a word for that occupation? Given he did the NF it’s likely that he will do their stage show at Eurovision as well, and he didn’t do a bad job with the stage that was on offer for the NF, but given the stage was shit, I do hope for some major changes. If they just kept going with the same concept with those construction structures, I fear it will backfire on a bigger stage. Their staging needs to be dynamic rather than stationary, their song practically begs for it.

midnightsun

Veteran
Soooo… who of you asked Matt in the YT Livestream why B & G is so high in the Eurovisionworld & wiwi poll???!!! :ROFLMAO:

I just watched it as I was about to go to bed… you little "rascal" :mrgreen:

HarryUK

Veteran
LOTL are playing near me in Islington on 23rd September but my only friend who likes that genre of music, doesn't like LOTL that much :ROFLMAO: and I'm flying out to Croatia that day sooo...

mauve

Veteran
We will have an acoustic version of B&G soon! :love:

Next Saturday, March 25th, the fan club meeting of OGAE Germany will take place in Munich and today the fan club announced a very special coup (see Facebook post below): Lord of the Lost, which Germany in May with "Blood & Glitter ' will be represented at the Eurovision Song Contest 2023 in Liverpool, complement the line-up at short notice. However, the band will "only" appear as a three-piece cast - consisting of Chris, Klaas and Pi - at the event and perform an acoustic version of "Blood & Glitter".

CPV4931

Someone of you going to be there? I will and really looking forward to this confirmation :-) Also Trong is confirmed to perform there

Ezio

Veteran
I have no doubts that Austria will go to the Finals this year but I could see Germany beating our score.

Our lyrics are a bit too clever and Germany might be more instant.

Realest

Frr10DBWIAUZtow

midnightsun

Veteran
I hated that song back then. But now… I don’t see why, it was actually decent. Would have liked it more without Dita but someone always have to go over the top at Eurovision.

A-lister

Veteran
A-lister's annual review:

Nah, I can appreciate Germany going down another route than the "safe dated radio Pop for elders", but this is pretty annoying. Firstly, it should have been in German which would have fit the style much better. Also not really a fan of the symphonic rock mixed into it (full disclosure, it's a genre I generally struggle with). This is a bit as if Israel 2022 and Rammstein had a baby, it doesn't really work I'm afraid.

Last edited:

Tyra

Yes, then it just doesn't work.
Lotl have been singing in English since 2007. They don't do it because they perform at the ESC and think that it will be better received. A band that has been singing English for over a decade is so inauthentic if they suddenly sing German because the ESC bubble thinks it's better.

Loreen could also sing in Moroccan. After all, it's her root.

Sorry, it annoys me with the German singing. They do not sing German, because it is not their passion. They do dark rock, gothic, gothic metal.

Ramstein do industrial metal. That's not even 3rd degree music affinity and not a baby.

How would it be to deal with the act itself. Then maybe it wouldn't be funny but just not the own music taste.

And if they now sing German they would no longer be the baby of Ramstein because they would then sound like?

simori95

Yes, then it just doesn't work.
Lotl have been singing in English since 2007. They don't do it because they perform at the ESC and think that it will be better received. A band that has been singing English for over a decade is so inauthentic if they suddenly sing German because the ESC bubble thinks it's better.

Loreen could also sing in Moroccan. After all, it's her root.

Sorry, it annoys me with the German singing. They do not sing German, because it is not their passion. They do dark rock, gothic, gothic metal.

Ramstein do industrial metal. That's not even 3rd degree music affinity and not a baby.

How would it be to deal with the act itself. Then maybe it wouldn't be funny but just not the own music taste.

And if they now sing German they would no longer be the baby of Ramstein because they would then sound like?
I agree that LotL shouldn’t sing in german, but A-lister didn’t mean any harm, it’s just their personal opinion :giggle: the wording in this forum is sometimes a bit harsh but it’s almost never meant to put the Acts or the countries down.

Top Bottom