20 9.6%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Mainshow

Veteran
Ikke isn't gone, he lives on in the signature of @Mainshow

!hahaH It´s like a tribute to what could have been... it´s borderline iconic, imo - seeing all the glorious choices of Germany in recent editions!
Lord Of The Lost, however, do not belong on that signature :D

But honestly, I´ve been very busy at school lately (I took over 2 English classes and have some catching up to do).

I will try to change my signature soon - or I will have to make it "Ikke only" since he said he would like to give it another try next year :D

simori95

!hahaH It´s like a tribute to what could have been... it´s borderline iconic, imo
It IS!
I will try to change my signature soon
Don’t change it, it can be our memorial of what not to send in coming years (he theeatened to try again next year after all)

Codeword Iroquois

Okay... so I finally think I've figured out my thoughts with this one.
First of all, a solid :7:, bordering:8:.

With that said, I wasn't a huge fan of this entry at first - not necessarily my style of rock, a little harder than I would usually like. Add to that that I was very fond of Patty's entry and fairly fond of both Hold On and Concrete Heart, and LoTL ween't really an act I was excited about having won - falling into the issue I have with Queen of Kings where I feel like there were other entries I would have liked more. That said, taking the song on its own, it is an interesting piece that definitely goes places within its time. So, while it wasn't my favorite by any margin, it's still a good song that holds its own against many of the songs that we've had revealed this year.

So Yeah. Cool song, excited for it come May - they should have fun with the larger stage.

Iker

Veteran
I've just caught and watched other live performances other than that of a winner and I have to say that Patty Hurdy looked so gorgeous on stage! Her voice though at times indeed would sound a bit weak. But it's a tough song to sing! Honestly I think she needed louder backing vocals especially during verses in which she was pitchy and sometimes hardly audible, maybe she would challenge LOTL a bit more if that had been the case - the vocals being stronger.

Still Patty is a winner in my heart and I am happy that I became familiar with an artist like her. And Lord of the Lost are still more than fine, and for the first time in a while I'll be rooting for our western neighbours.

HarryUK

I hope you can all live with yourselves knowing you've deprived me from screaming YOU CALL US LOSERS, GERMAN BOOZERS in the Eurovision village on final night

I HOPE YOU'RE PLEASED WITH YOURSELVES

Realest

The Jury.

Finnland

• Samuli Väänänen, Senior Editor Spotify
  • Iisa Pajula, Singer-Songwriter
  • Anna-Maria Borgar, Head of Music YLE
  • Annastiina Paavola, Head of Delegation (HoD)
  • Joel Hokka, Sänger
Großbritannien

• Pete Watson, Musical Director
  • Rokhsan Heydari, Singer-Songwriter
  • George Ure, Sänger/Vocal Coach
  • Adam Hunter, Singer-Songwriter
  • SuRie, Sängerin
Litauen

• Ieva Narkuté, Songwriter/Performer
  • Ramunas Zilnys, ESC-Kommentator
  • Raminta Naujanyte, Sängerin
  • Audrius Girzadas, HoD
  • Vaidotas Valiukevičius, Sänger

Niederlande

• Gordon Groothedde, Produzent und Komponist
  • Erica Suzanne Groeneveld, Singer-Songwriter
  • Marjolein Dekkers, Radio-Moderatorin
  • Florent Luyckx, Media professional
  • Marijke Amado, Moderatorin
Österreich

• Gabriela „Paenda“ Horn, Sängerin
  • Sasha Saedi, Produzent
  • Eleonora „Elly V“ Vardanian, Sängerin
  • Peter Pansky, Music/PR/Talent Manager
  • Cesár Sampson, Sänger
Schweiz

• Lisa Oribasi, Singer-Songwriter
  • Sandro Dietrich, Produzent
  • Chiara Dubey, Singer-Songwriter
  • Yves Schifferle, HoD
  • Gjon’s Tears, Sänger
Spanien

• Luis Miguel Palao, Journalist
  • Aaron Saez, Komponist/Sänger
  • Daniel Borrego, TV-Moderator
  • Eva Maria Mora, HoD
  • Barei, Sängerin

Ukraine

• Igor Kondratiuk, TV-Moderator
  • German Nenov, Creative Director
  • Kateryna Sereda, Komponistin/Vocal Coach
  • Oksana Skybinska, HoD
  • Jamala, Sängerin

GermanBango

Missed that.
Negative comments should be tolerated of course.

Who was your favourite in the NF?

That's a good question that I cannot answer properly. Gotta admit that I only listened to every song once and found all of them rather mediocre. Neither watched nor followed the NF tbh. Thanks to the NDR I don`t really have any interest in who represents us in Eurovision anymore. Sad thing to say as a fan ...

midnightsun

Veteran
Thanks to the NDR I don`t really have any interest in who represents us in Eurovision anymore.

That’s a pity but I do understand it.
Maybe Lord of the Lost will manage to bring back people watching the contest. I know many who will watch because of them after years of ESC absence.
(Probably some won’t watch because of them too.)

DanielLuis

That's a good question that I cannot answer properly. Gotta admit that I only listened to every song once and found all of them rather mediocre. Neither watched nor followed the NF tbh. Thanks to the NDR I don`t really have any interest in who represents us in Eurovision anymore. Sad thing to say as a fan ...
I think that's a bit unfair to be honest, I think NDR managed to organize a pretty varied and ok NF this year. Hopefully it's not a one off and it signals a trend in their approach to Eurovision.

Top Bottom