8 3.8%

20 9.6%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

midnightsun

Veteran
Ah ok. What is this ranking all about? Are these the Twitter users who vote for their favorite act?

You can download the App "My Eurovision scoreboard" and rank all the songs (not only this year but back to 2006 or so). It will be saved in the app and you‘re able to change it any time.
The points of all users can be displayed.

Storm

No suprise with the odds. I must say that I hate this shit because you can see how much it even influences the juries. To me thats not fair. And Germany always geht's ranked down with odds, no suprises here. It went the same with Michael Schulte.

Not true actually. The immediate day(s) after Michael Schulte got picked (around February 22nd, you can still see in on the chart on eurovisionworld for Eurovision 2018), Germany climbed quite significantly in the odds from outside Top 20 to around 9th place. He only went down again after more buzzy songs were revealed and concentration focused elsewhere in March/April. Which is why I think the lack of push this year (the contrary even) is not a very good sign.

midnightsun

Veteran
Now I have a question. Who's gonna get last place? Clearly not one of the big 5 (unless :uk: has a bad entry).

Germany is still in danger because the juries will tank this so hard!
Unless we‘re getting people mobilized I can see us bottom 5 again.
BUT I have faith in the audience. LOTL have fans around the globe and I‘m sure the fans will advertise and mobilize as much as they can! It worked for Lordi back then and even if LOTL hasn’t the same huge fanbase around the globe it might be enough for some decent points!

midnightsun

Veteran
Not true actually. The immediate day(s) after Michael Schulte got picked (around February 22nd, you can still see in on the chart on eurovisionworld for Eurovision 2018), Germany climbed quite significantly in the odds from outside Top 20 to around 9th place. He only went down again after more buzzy songs were revealed and concentration focused elsewhere in March/April. Which is why I think the lack of push this year (the contrary even) is not a very good sign.

I don’t think LOTL comes even close to Schulte but we‘re happy. Period. :cool:

Sabrewulf238

If the UK sends Rina I don't think any of the big 5 will be in the bottom 5 this year.

I could see Germany being the worst performing of the big 5 but I could still see it doing reasonably well with the televote. The juries will probably not respond to it that much though.

DirtyFalcon

I think it will be France. I know that our entry is quite liked, but I don't think it will be enough for people to vote for it.

I'm sure juries will love our song. With a fantastic and polished staging, it could potentially even reach 5th place at the juries. Televote around 20th place, 9th or 10th place overall. To be last Juries will have to tank our entry hard. So even if La Zarra doesn't do as well with the juries as i said just before, juries will still respect this enough for at least a Top 15. Let's believe in our song a bit.

For Germany, i think you will escape the bottom too. I could see 11th place at the televote, 20th with the juries, overall between 13th and 17th. A midtable result would be a welcomed improvement for any german fan i guess.

LMLandLoreenfan

Doesn't matter to me. It's a better song the 2/3 of released songs this year. I get the feeling they want to tank Germany. And like I said the last couple of years jury voting and odds were nearly identical.

Ezio

Veteran
This could be the first year that none of the prequalified countries finishes in the bottom, or if so then already with a hefty amount of points, like in 2009 or 2011

shameless

Wow - this was such again such an irrelevant shit show.
I totally felt like your usual NDR-mediocrity mixed with some genre and gimmick acts as if was a Vorentscheid from the 90s or early 2000s.
I was watching with my friends yesterday and they talked all through each act and I couldn't blame them. This was just your german average all over the place. Rene Miller, Will Church and Patty Gurdy and their ridiculous english stage names were german averageness at its best and it was quite telling how this international juries were putting two of them in top2. It clearly showed how they want us being last again :D
I was nearly at the point where I was rooting for an Ikke-win just for the LOLs. In the end LotL was obviously the right choice plus they seem relevant and very nice plus their guitarist is really cute :love::sneaky:
The absence of Frida Gold was really showing, she would've upgraded this to some more professionalism. A shame because this way it was again dominating by some 3rd-rate-copys of what has been successful in radio or ESC the last years.

Even if they're internationally successful, I don't think LotL will get any better than Place 18 at best and I can already seem Germany moaning again "We've tried everything and even with Rock they don't give us points". Duh, German averageness at its best.

Saving grace was obviously iconic Katja, who was with her small appearance which indicated that she didn't wanted to be there explaning the level of this show in a nutshell.

NDR, just die and rot in hell please.

Flamenkax

In the swimming pool, always stayin' cool
Not the best rock/metal-oriented entry this year, but still a more than solid one, well produced and with a flawless live performance. Could see them staying in my top 10 though, i'm usually gravitating towards this kind of entry.
+ 1 point for preventing us and Europe from Ikke, hot damn.

:8:.

Last edited:

Franzilein

Oh !!! :love: You lucky girl! I hope it was great!
I was supposed to be there too but I couldn’t go. I really hope I can see them in summer in Oberhausen.

It was, thank you! Hope it will work out for you in Oberhausen! They are just insane live, and it makes me so salty we didn't have them last year because you just know that Finland this year will do well and after that the novelty for this genre at ESC is kinda gone :lol: We could have had that, too! xangry

Yes, my most favorite song won and I could cry.

Nevertheless I want to say that this was a shitty show. The camera work was terrible, the stage much too small ant the sound awful. Germany could learn from other countries how to make a decent NF.
I am thanking the Juries to putting Ikke last ---- well except UK, but I forgive you. :ROFLMAO:
And I am thankful for the German audience for sticking with LOTL. The staging wasn't perfect in my eyes, something lacked, but I hope they can fix that until May. [...]

This sums up my thoughts as well, just caught up with the show. They really need to fix their camera work and sound, it was dreadful just like last year. Don't know what happened, the last NF before that in 2019 was miles ahead in this regard.

But LOTL was clearly the best option last night, so happy the audience chose them. The juries nearly gave me a heart attack (except for Finland, them besties. Spirit animal country xlove)

I don't know if it will be enough for a good placement, Blood & Glitter is too tame I feel and LOTL can do so much better. But they will give us one hell of a show anyway and finally represent a side of Germany that was dearly missed at the ESC, especially in comparison to the last couple of years. Hey ho, let's go xmetal

Ezio

Veteran
Ah well, Spain could flop as well. It's a song with an unusual rhythm that people could find annoying (and I don't see juries eat it)
Spain would be my pick also and maybe even Italy.

Germany screams jury flop and France televoting flop.

And Ukraine would bottom hard normally.

midnightsun

Veteran
It was, thank you! Hope it will work out for you in Oberhausen! They are just insane live, and it makes me so salty we didn't have them last year because you just know that Finland this year will do well and after that the novelty for this genre at ESC is kinda gone :lol: We could have had that, too! xangry

Yeah. Still salty about that missing EC chance last year! I like them even more than LOTL and having them would have been such a blast! Tekkno Train again is such a fun video, so is the song, I love it!

But what I like about LOTL is they‘re humble and thoughtful, respectful, Chris' voice is so good (tickles me a little bit more than Nico's) and I love their appearance. This is not only glam rock like people say. They do not just put on a costume to serve the glam rock cliché - they really do love dressing up, wearing make-up, feeling good with it, without any predjudice. They are open to other communities than just the Metalheads, like the queer community, which is underrepresented outside the pop and Schlager bubble. So there‘s a place for them where they are taken seriously.

Top Bottom