I don't feel hate
I just feel sorry
You feel so very clever whenever you find another way to wear me down
But I don't feel hate
I just feel sorry
So you can wiggle with that middle finger, it'll never wiggle back to you
'Cause I don't feel

Sorry

I really don't care (ah, ah-ah) that you want to bash me (ah-ah, ah-ah)
Do it with flair and I'll let you be (I'll let you be common Eileen)
But don't you dare (don't you dare), mmm, to get angry (to get angry)
When you realize those words just don't hit me
What?

'Cause I don't feel hate
I just feel sorry
You feel so very clever whenever you find anothеr way to wear me down
But I don't feel hate
I just feel sorry
So you can wigglе with that middle finger, it'll never wiggle back to you
'Cause I don't feel hate

Sorry

I really don't mind (ah, ah-ah) to be your rival (ah-ah, ah-ah)
'Cause for your kind it's essential for survival (say what? He did not just say that)
Yes, I did (yes, I did), and I feel sorry (so sorry)
I don't feel hate, that's the whole point of this song (that's the song)
I guess you need patronization as some kind of validation
You won't cope with the frustration that your random me-fixation
Is another affirmation that you're just a hateful person
Who's not really better than me

Tap break, uh

I don't feel hate (don't feel hate)
I just feel sorry (I just feel sorry)
You feel so very clever whenever you find another way to wear me down (wear me down)
Meine Damen und Herren
But I don't feel hate (no, no, no)
Das war's mit "I Don't Feel Hate"
I just feel sorry (just feel sorry)
Ich hoffe, Sie haben noch ein derbe nices Leben, und bis bald
So you can wiggle with that middle finger, it'll never wiggle back to you (wiggle, wiggle, wiggle you)
'Cause I don't feel hate (no, no, no, no)
You feel so very clever whenever you find another way to wear me down (don't wear me down)
But I don't feel hate (I don't feel hate)
So you can wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle, wiggle you (wiggle, wiggle, wiggle you)
'Cause I don't feel​

Last edited by a moderator:

Loindici

Veteran
It's just not what usual Eurofans are going for, but it's a cheerful musical number at its best. This will be something a hit or miss with the audiences and needs a cheerful staging to make it work, but NDR is usually AWFUL at staging. It worries me.

mauve

Veteran
It's just not what usual Eurofans are going for, but it's a cheerful musical number at its best. This will be something a hit or miss with the audiences and needs a cheerful staging to make it work, but NDR is usually AWFUL at staging. It worries me.
Actually Marijanas Staniulénas who worked on "Discotheque" by The Roop will work with Jendrik.

HayashiM

Veteran
Honestly guys, do you never feel in mood to listen to a little "fuck you" song when experiencing frustration (be it the one from Lilly Allen or CeeLo Green)? Well this might be my new go to song in these situations...

This could very easily go Manel Navarro's way and it probably will :( But I do enjoy it and I will happily take it over numerous fanwanks any day. I'll wait for the music video, but I am in the :7: - :8: territory for now.

Loindici

Veteran
Actually Marijanas Staniulénas who worked on "Discotheque" by The Roop will work with Jendrik.

A Lithuanian staging director!? For Germany!?

mauve

Veteran
A Lithuanian staging director!? For Germany!?
I was surprised too, but that's what Schreiber told in this German interview yesterday:

Ist ein Choreograph für Jendriks Auftritt in Rotterdam engagiert? Haben Sie schon eine konkrete Vorstellung, wie der Bühnenauftritt aussehen wird?
TS: Der Choreograph ist Marijanas Staniulénas, der bei „Discoteque“ von The Roop in Rotterdam mit auf der Bühne stehen wird – cooler dude, war vorletztes Wochenende fünf Tage für Proben mit dem Team in Hamburg.

Loindici

Veteran
I was surprised too, but that's what Schreiber told in this German interview yesterday:

Ist ein Choreograph für Jendriks Auftritt in Rotterdam engagiert? Haben Sie schon eine konkrete Vorstellung, wie der Bühnenauftritt aussehen wird?
TS: Der Choreograph ist Marijanas Staniulénas, der bei „Discoteque“ von The Roop in Rotterdam mit auf der Bühne stehen wird – cooler dude, war vorletztes Wochenende fünf Tage für Proben mit dem Team in Hamburg.

Me knowing this is true and knowing it will be epic:

VacantThornyAmberpenshell-size_restricted.gif

midnightsun

Veteran
Wow! This is actually much better than expected. I truly love it! I hope he will have a great staging that matches the song.

THIS SONG IS A LIVING MEME!!!!

Oh my God, stanning this, it’s gorgeous!

Reminds me of Marcel Brell - Kaputt!

empo21

Veteran
It's cute in a 'wins the national final thanks to televote' kinda way and I'm here for it, but I also found it hilarious that months of serious German selection lead to this (in a kindest way possible, no hate).

Give me "Love is Forever" vibes in terms of sweetness and cuteness and I hope the staging is similar theme-wise.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
me 0.5 seconds in:

TerrificBowedCarp-size_restricted.gif

This is one incredibly annoying song that I hate. It brings a smile to my face to know us British eurofans aren't the only ones constantly left disappointed. xheart

That said, I think there is probably a degree of overreaction from some people with it (ignoring mine right above). I can imagine if it's staged correctly having some televote appeal - they usually like stuff that is a bit crazy and out there, so who knows. Juries are almost certainly already spitting venom at it.

Mrm

Veteran
Well, it is not bad, some parts I loved, some not that much.. Beginning is better, I like how you dont know what to expect through the whole song, as @mauve pointed out, but at some point it becomes too messy Im afraid.. It will be somewhere in the middle for me it seems.. The same as Cyprus, I still dont know what exactly mark to give, it can be 6, or 7 maybe...but I prefer Cyprus, I already listened it several times, while this one only once.. xshrug

Pål Nordahl

Okay... I expected it to be worse but I don't like it at all. This song wouldn't be out of place on an annoying TV advert for a supermarket chain. It's the whistling. Whistling is one of the most irritating sounds on earth!

mauve

Veteran
Well, it is not bad, some parts I loved, some not that much.. Beginning is better, I like how you dont know what to expect through the whole song, as @mauve pointed out, but at some point it becomes too messy Im afraid.. It will be somewhere in the middle for me it seems.. The same as Cyprus, I still dont know what exactly mark to give, it can be 6, or 7 maybe...but I prefer Cyprus, I already listened it several times, while this one only once.. xshrug
Agree. I would give the song a 7. I like the fact that it's unpredictable and that it has its surprising moments, but I wouldn't listen to it on daily basis as I do "Dark side". I liked Sisters and Ben Dolic a lot more, but the song is still okay and not so awful as I expected. So I am fine. ;)

• Like It
Reactions: Mrm

Mainshow

Veteran
Listened to it again.

From what I can recall, it's the worst German entry ever.

I think I prefer Sister, Run & Hide and even Can't Live Without Music to it

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Wow! This is actually much better than expected. I truly love it! I hope he will have a great staging that matches the song.

THIS SONG IS A LIVING MEME!!!!

Oh my God, stanning this, it’s gorgeous!

Reminds me of Marcel Brell - Kaputt!

the story goes that midnightsun then continued to shriek maniacally as the terrified handlers strapped him back into his straightjacket.

Staewi

I really disliked the snippet, but in whole it's ... okay I guess?
It's not a song that works as a song for me but I see it working on stage.

And tbh it's one of our few entries in the last years that has an actual soul and it's not some singer and some song randomly pared. That's already a big plus for us. :lol:

Top Bottom