14 6.3%

10 4.5%

12 5.4%

6 2.7%

19 8.5%

• Total voters

Vondenburg

Re: GERMANY 2018

The applied for the wildcard round in 2015 (?), but weren't selected.
2015 was the wildcard round with the most singer especially the favorites, except Ann-Sophie, that couldn't sing live.
I remember my ears bleeding during the wildcard-concert.

nikkisback

You don't need a talking potato (raab) to find a good song. Just make a simple national final which EVERYONE can apply with their own songs, a website is enough for the first round and for the second round, take the top 10 in the stage and please don't choose a safe song. Germany has gone home so many times and now they need to go big. I really want to root for my favourite country in my favourite contest. I believe in y'all but please let this be the next one.

Realest

She should represent us next year:

Pawhlen

I really wonder, what actually happened on NDR after Roman Lobs 7th Place in Baku? Since then, it has become worse for each year, is those people responsible for the German finals still in charge?

I agree with [MENTION=15360]nikkisback[/MENTION] here above, one thing that needs to change is the national final, don´t make it so complicated for god sake (one of many reasons probably that makes it hard to get good acts to compete)

CaraMia

I would love if Germany sent a schlager song like these that are more modern versions of old German songs...

or

Actually this second song is such a hit that even has a Portuguese version... :)

Realest

Germany should apology to Xavier Naidoo and send him with a direct nomination. The Deserved last Place from halftalented (or lets say quartertalented) Jamie gives him right.

HSV1887

Well, I just found out that this lovely lady is German and currently resides in Berlin. She would certainly be an interesting choice for Eurovision (not that I think she would ever want to do it, though):

Realest

Even if she seemed to be Lying, i think she would be a good option (at 05:04):

Realest

Why should she lie? She has no career at all.

I mean i had not the impression that she was serious while saying she could imagine to represent Germany.

CC92

It's a very ambitious goal for them, of course, but the NDR will probably attempt reaching 22nd place to round off their collection of bottom-third places for the era since 2004 (introduction of semi-finals):

27th 2015 rarity
26th 2016
25th 2017
24th 2005
23rd 2008
22nd 2018(?)
21st 2013
20th 2009
19th 2007
18th 2014

Leaving 2006 (14th) as the only miss (assisted [Raab] years don't count). xclap

DanielLuis

It's a very ambitious goal for them, of course, but the NDR will probably attempt reaching 22nd place to round off their collection of bottom-third places for the era since 2004 (introduction of semi-finals):

27th 2015 rarity

Germany saw the opportunity and took it! :lol:

tuorem

Germans might as well sing in German tbh, like Spain they have nothing to lose really.

Even if they don't want to win, they could bother sending alternative acts, which can't be worse than their middle-of-the-road pop songs.

I'm sincerely sorry for Jamie-Lee and Levina who could have rocked the contest had they been given solid songs. They had great voices, it's scandalous to waste talents like these on impactless tracks.

Like TVE, I hope NDR wakes up for the sake of German fans: wasn't it sad that many people (including me) were so delighted with the fact Germany avoided the last place this year? The level of expectations has become abysmal over the years. :?

Realest

Id rather say, that Jamie Lee and Levina are at best halftalented and not nearly good enough for europes biggest music competition. Both suffer a lot from Selfesteem. Jamie still thinks she is a victim of a political voting and that its definetly not her fault and Levina really thought that she would end up in the Top9 and that she was very surprised although
everyone predicted her 25th place. Both sang very horrible, Jamie had about 5-6 crooked Notes within 3 Minutes and Levinas whole beginning (while she lied on the ground) was crooked and during the high notes her voice cracked up several times.

I have that feeling that many Countries will bring "real music" in their own language so id rather say, that next year is the wrong moment to return in german.

randajad

Veteran

Id rather say, that Jamie Lee and Levina are at best halftalented and not nearly good enough for europes biggest music competition. Both suffer a lot from Selfesteem. Jamie still thinks she is a victim of a political voting and that its definetly not her fault and Levina really thought that she would end up in the Top9 and that she was very surprised although
everyone predicted her 25th place. Both sang very horrible, Jamie had about 5-6 crooked Notes within 3 Minutes and Levinas whole beginning (while she lied on the ground) was crooked and during the high notes her voice cracked up several times.

I have that feeling that many Countries will bring "real music" in their own language so id rather say, that next year is the wrong moment to return in german.
Tbh, I kinda agree with you. And do not forget that song must be good, but memorable as well, eg. Ghost was good, but fail completely to be remembered, and Perfect life had good lyrics, but everything else was terrible. And on the other hand I do not know what advice should be given to germany except get someone from most popular radio stations in Germany who is competent enough to choose a good charming vocalist, then chose between good songs with different tempos after the half of entries are chosen. :D

Realest

Tbh, I kinda agree with you. And do not forget that song must be good, but memorable as well, eg. Ghost was good, but fail completely to be remembered, and Perfect life had good lyrics, but everything else was terrible. And on the other hand I do not know what advice should be given to germany except get someone from most popular radio stations in Germany who is competent enough to choose a good charming vocalist, then chose between good songs with different tempos after the half of entries are chosen. :D

Of Course, many People had Jamie or Levina on their 5th-10th Place, but usually they vote only for their Top 2 or 3. Thats what our Fans and the NDR dont understand.

Im not sure if there is anything to save in Germany. Our Delegation has no clue from Music and our Audience always chose the wrong entry. I bet MarieMarie in 2014 would be easily without exaggeration Top 10. Or 2015 Laing and 2016 Ella Endlich would be much better Choices, while Kümmert and Jamie are too normal. The next problem is, that we will never ever have an internal selection of someone famous because noone would accept to not have a choice. Even Superstars like Helene Fischer would probably not be accepted. And international Juries that have a Clue is also impossible to imply because Germans would never accept being outvoted by them. And in General, famous people here dont want to risk their careers. And talented (enough for Europes Biggest Musicshow) nonames dont seem to exist. So at this point im starting to think if a withdrawal would be the best solution.

CC92

German televoters are not to blame for the misguided choices. The fault lay in the flimflammed destructive voting systems which produced winners people primilary did not support. Having international juries aboard works well for many countries, however, just as with internal selections I cannot trust the NDR to not mess something up there, too. Therefore I would recommend to hold a national final with one voting round and 100% televoting to them.
This being said, the best option would still be if the NDR ceded the whole thing to another broadcaster given how much they are certified in incompetence.

blue00eyes

Levina was, along with No Angels one of the most bland, beige ESC entries. I don't remember much from her performance, can't even sing a bit of her song, I can only say it reminded me of Titanium at the beginning, I remember she lied on the floor for a while and she had grey, a bit futuristic clothes (and no shoes?). Nothing outstanding, nothing original, I hope you can pick something more daring and memorable next time.

A-lister

Veteran

Germans might as well sing in German tbh, like Spain they have nothing to lose really.

Even if they don't want to win, they could bother sending alternative acts, which can't be worse than their middle-of-the-road pop songs.

This! But for some reason there's an extreme self-loath in German TV so unlikely seeing something in German, maybe alternative is a higher chance. They don't have anything to loose because it's not as if these meh songs in English lately have helped them.

Realest

I don't remember much from her performance[...] I can only say it reminded me of Titanium at the beginning, I remember she lied on the floor for a while and she had grey, a bit futuristic clothes (and no shoes?). Nothing outstanding, nothing original

Actually, you remembered everything :D :D

Top Bottom