14 6.3%

10 4.5%

12 5.4%

6 2.7%

19 8.5%

• Total voters

Jay25

Re: GERMANY 2018

Yes, there were indeed some "creative" entries, almost every year.

But there were also those "safe calls", winning most of the time. Probably because the German's just feel it is "good to send an average radio-friendly" song. At least, most of the Germans don't seem to understand the reason we are failing at eurovision ("Everything is political!", "Blame it on Merkel!", "Everyone hates the Germans!", "We don't get any neighbour points!", "The contest is corrupt!", I could go on for ages...)

One moment that somehow described this feeling: There was an interview with the German jury, asking why they gave 12 points to Norway. And the answer was, they (I think Nicole answered) felt like this was the "most modern and best-produced song" in the contest. Well, you can't say that the German entires weren't modern nor badly produced. But those attributes are not enough for a successful song.. :-(

aef

Hopefully :de: finally realized that the won't succeed with bland female entries? I mean they now did the same concept for 3 years in a row and it never worked! Extremely dull song, inoffensive staging, cold artist... :rolleyes:

I guess the best thing would be an internal selection because on the one side NDR is obviously unable to put up a decent NF and on the other side the :de: audience is selecting the wrong artist and/or song... :lol: (For example the other song from this year's NF would have been so much better!)

Sean

Admin
Staff member

Myself and the team have mused on Germany's problems in an editorial which you can read HERE.

Is it right? Or is it wrong? :mrgreen:

jimijoop

Banned

Only Nadia Ceana can bring the victory for Germany again:

EscGeek

Veteran

I want something daring.... like gothic metal with a guy in lederhosen dancing kolo + solo with a bizzare local instrument

my point is: stop trying to be radio friendly and please everyone

12Points

I'm so waiting for Unser Song 2018 to be like Supernova 2015 (Latvia's NF for 2015), an NF full of quirky cool songs :mrgreen:

I think 2014 is a pretty good diverse edition tho. If only they chose Madeline or MarieMarie :rolleyes:

Hopefully :de: finally realized that the won't succeed with bland female entries? I mean they now did the same concept for 3 years in a row and it never worked! Extremely dull song, inoffensive staging, cold artist... :rolleyes:

I guess the best thing would be an internal selection because on the one side NDR is obviously unable to put up a decent NF and on the other side the :de: audience is selecting the wrong artist and/or song... :lol: (For example the other song from this year's NF would have been so much better!)

Is It Right is also pretty bland :rolleyes:

Rusch

Only Nadia Ceana can bring the victory for Germany again:

You are jocking? This would ensure bottom 3 again.

Just one thing: Please, just PLEASE don't send a "radio-friendly-song". All the songs Germany sent in the last years were "radio-friendly", and this has always been a problem.

As I remember, Perfect life was mainly ignored by the radio stations.

I got no problem ending up on the last place with a daring so song that missed the pan european sense of music, but I defenitely don't want to end up us again on the last places with that kind of song we sent the past years.

Realest

A "Radio-friendly" song that hadnt been played in the Radio for once :D The best would be an intern selection of an established Musician (Please Helene Fischer). The German Audience has no clue about the Eurovision since they claim every year to be the victim of politics and dont understand that they have to stand out in order to get some Top10-Rankings. 2014 Im Sure that we would have been Top10 with MarieMarie, but unfortunately our Audience picked the normal beat-hitter Elaiza which got most of their points thanks to their polish and ukrainian Origin and the corrupt armenian Jury.

A-lister

Veteran

Germany is playing it so damn safe, how about a song in German for a change? xshrug

ChrisOL

Helene Fischer? Please no. And she won't go to Eurovision to not ruin her career in the worst case anyway. (And I haven't heard a good song for Eurovision by briefly listening to her new album for example)

Realest

Of Course she wouldnt, since it is not necessary for her career.

Franzilein

I for one would love to see my favourite redhead participating one day xpray

He is still relatively unknown, although he deserves so much more attention, which he could easily gain through Eurovision. He doesn't need other people to write songs for him, as he's an amazing composer himself (imo), got a very pleasant voice - and is incredibly handsome, hrhr. He's probably not the type to stand out with crazy staging or unusual songs and goes more into the "radio-friendly" direction, but I'm pretty sure the whole package wouldn't be as dull as Levina's or unfitting as Jamie-Lee's xthink

HSV1887

Helene Fischer would have to make drastic changes to her music style if she were to ever take part in Eurovision and I really don't think she would be interested in doing that. She's Germany's IT-girl. Why take the chance to potentially fail and ruin her perfectly constructed image?

Realest

Vanessa Mai would be the Perfect Choice, since she sings in german and represents our Musicculture.

ChrisOL

Vanessa Mai would be the Perfect Choice, since she sings in german and represents our Musicculture.

And this song is written by Dieter Bohlen, who just recycled this and other old songs for Vanessa Mai :lol::mrgreen:, I'm sorry :mrgreen: (I feel like I'm being rude, but I'm not :))
Still, Dieter Bohlen knows how the music industry works, since he can sell thousands of copies of old songs in new versions. He probably could write a Eurovision hit, but I guess that he would just recycle some old stuff again. Or we would have discussions about plagiarism again :/

12Points

After seeing the 2016 NF, Alex Diehl kinda reminds me of Salvador. His performance is simpler and more matching to its song than Jamie's which makes me wonder. Why didn't he won last year? :(

Hope he gets the ticket to Lisbon :)

Top Bottom