27 12.3%

19 8.6%

19 8.6%

21 9.5%

25 11.4%

39 17.7%

• Total voters

Rusch

Believe me, I am super sick of people around me crying about how much Europe hates us and that we shouldn't send anyone to Eurovision anymore because it is "a waste of money" ... as if it was that easy.

Nobody hates us. They only hat our dull songs.

Laepo1

Germany hasn't been successful in these last few years, but I remember that you had a string of top 10 finishes not so long ago, including a victory! Also you were robbed in 2015, that song should never be last place! It was one of my favorites.

I saw this year show in Berlin, in a public viewing, and the amount of interest is too high...I doubt Germany will pull out anytime soon.

Rusch

Germany hasn't been successful in these last few years, but I remember that you had a string of top 10 finishes not so long ago, including a victory! Also you were robbed in 2015, that song should never be last place! It was one of my favorites.

I saw this year show in Berlin, in a public viewing, and the amount of interest is too high...I doubt Germany will pull out anytime soon.

Every time, Stefan Raab was involved, we ended up in the top 10 (in total 5 times). Unfortunately, the retired (after making enough money). But it is quite clear, that you need someone who understands Eurovision. These idiots from NDR defenitely do not. It predicted from the beginning, that the only reason we might not end up on the last place again might be Spain. And it was tight.

Scania

I hope I am not hurting any Germans' feelings here, but how is it possible for Germany to not select better songs during these past few years?

I'm not satisfied with the Swedish selections the last years but at least it seems like Europe (and most of all the juries) enjoy the Swedish songs.

Laepo1

Every time, Stefan Raab was involved, we ended up in the top 10 (in total 5 times). Unfortunately, the retired (after making enough money). But it is quite clear, that you need someone who understands Eurovision. These idiots from NDR defenitely do not. It predicted from the beginning, that the only reason we might not end up on the last place again might be Spain. And it was tight.

But that's what I don't understand, why is that in a country with such a big Eurovision tradition and so much support from the public, there isn't a team that truly understands eurovision and tries to send better songs? Because I know you have a great music industry, and amazing artists...it makes no sense to me.

ChrisOL

Erneut hat Deutschland beim Eurovision Song Contest ein Debakel erlebt, jetzt sollen auch Konsequenzen folgen: Beim Vorentscheid müsse es eine Reform geben.
English: Again a debacle for Germany, now there will be consequences: The national final has to be reformed, Schreiber announced.

You don't say? :lol: This is what we knew even before our national final :geek:

Question: Those debacles which we had to face three years in a row were really nerve-wrecking.
Schreiber: Portugal only won once in 49 years. Do you call their results debacles?

What a stupid answer... xslap
I hope they know that they just fucked up everything this year and that they just try to maintain a more or less good outward appearance.

http://www.bild.de/unterhaltung/mus...-esc-chef-thomas-schreiber-51743560.bild.html

Musicosity

I do not see us going anywhere with Schreiber and his cronies staying in power. They are the kind of people who know how to get a nicely paid job in a buerocracy and keep it, but about music and the ESC they have no clue.

Creative control over our entry needs to be transferred to someone with a solid artistic background in the music industry. Someone with the right ambition to do well in the ESC and who knows how a stage act must look like to be successful with the public. I never was a fan of Raab and I see his creative talent as limited, but it was still far superior to the Schreiber team, and he definitely had the ambition.

Chorizo

It's so amusing to know that Germany would have been last again in the old voting system. :lol:
I suppose the NDR was aware that this song was doomed. Otherwise the German commentator wouldn't have repeatedly pointed out that you can vote for Germany if you are watching from abroad. That sounded so desperate! :D
Of course, after the show they were bold enough to call this bad result unexpected on eurovision.de. :D
I wonder if the 3 points from Switzerland are the result of Germans in Switzerland voting for Germany or if the Swiss really liked it. And what's up with the Irish jury? Were they responsible for selecting the Irish song last year? If so, I can understand their approval.

I hope the NDR will finally make the right changes. Letting another ARD broadcaster take over would be a possible solution, I suppose. Maybe others are less incompetent. xshrug
Instead of buying mediocre songs from American composers, who couldn't sell their songs until a German fool paid a visit, how about choosing a decent song that was composed in Germany for once? Singing in German would also be nice. If Germany keeps doing what they have been doing the last few years, they will be last again next year. Spain will surely try a little harder next year due to Portugal having won.

Rusch

In nominated Levina for the Baraba Dex Award.
Why? It was the most ill fitting dress this year. You cannot dress an attractiv tall woman in grey and present her in front of a grey background. Or was this just camouflage? The person responsible for this should retire just right now.

Rusch

But that's what I don't understand, why is that in a country with such a big Eurovision tradition and so much support from the public, there isn't a team that truly understands eurovision and tries to send better songs? Because I know you have a great music industry, and amazing artists...it makes no sense to me.

Well, we don't get it either. The whole pre selection showed no song that would have made it possibly into the top 10 and then the audience selected in the end the weaker song out of two. So it is some kind of a teamwork: stupid Germans selected out of songs selected by idiots.

I guess we need to start with good songs and might present the show not on a tv channel mainly watched by elderly people. But I think the desaster will be forgotton in few month and the start all over again with the same mistakes again.

nikkisback

I watched the final in a gay bar in Berlin, and watching how people reacted to the first 3 points was really entertaining :lol: Oh boy isn't this a trainwreck.

What Germany should do is really simple: let ANYONE with a good song in. Stop looking for cheap mashups from so-called "famous" song writers and look for real artists, which Germany has plenty! I still can not forget Laing.

Rusch

I watched the final in a gay bar in Berlin, and watching how people reacted to the first 3 points was really entertaining :lol: Oh boy isn't this a trainwreck.

What Germany should do is really simple: let ANYONE with a good song in. Stop looking for cheap mashups from so-called "famous" song writers and look for real artists, which Germany has plenty! I still can not forget Laing.

LOL, we watched at home with friends and suddenly someone said: Hey, we received three points and everybody said: "What?!? YEAH!!"

Laing would be great. I still waiting for them to replease a new album. But I wonder what would happen with the inteligent songtext. Nobody would understand it.

midnightsun

Veteran
Levina's new album is out now, which is VERY GOOD, you should give it a try. It's on Spotify, by the way! I love the new single "Stop right there". This sounds like a cool, "real" song, mainstream but good. Radio-material for sure. Still, this wouldn't do well on Eurovision.

Eurovision nowadays is an opalescent festival of dance, fun, political statements, big celebration, heartwarming cries for peace and love. Nobody wants to hear a dull, mediocre pop song. That's why neither Nathan Trent, nor Anja from Denmark nor Manuella from Slovenia got any far.

Stefan Raab is NOT the solution for everything. His songs were as dull and mediocre as the other but with the difference, Raab knows how to PROMOTE songs properly. Yet he wouldn't do well with Max Mutzke in 2017.

Withdrawal is, like Schreiber added correctly, NOT AN OPTION. Eurovision is one of the most watched tv shows the whole year. As he explained in one of the most recent interviews: paying for Eurovision costs Germany much less than producing a whole Saturday night game show or anything similar. So you can can twist and wriggle as much as you like, but Eurovision is still a big fat WIN for Germany resp. its participating television network(s) and German media environment.

Apart from that, it's OUR audience who chooses the songs. Ok, you can say this year the choice wasn't that great but in the previous years we had lots of songs to choose from and we chose Kümmert (who would've been nothing but last place too, I am convinced) or Jamie Lee. Come on, this is our own fault.

Chorizo

LOL, we watched at home with friends and suddenly someone said: Hey, we received three points and everybody said: "What?!? YEAH!!"

Laing would be great. I still waiting for them to replease a new album. But I wonder what would happen with the inteligent songtext. Nobody would understand it.

They could be sixth, like Gabbani. xshrug

Rusch

Withdrawal is, like Schreiber added correctly, NOT AN OPTION. Eurovision is one of the most watched tv shows the whole year. As he explained in one of the most recent interviews: paying for Eurovision costs Germany much less than producing a whole Saturday night game show or anything similar. So you can can twist and wriggle as much as you like, but Eurovision is still a big fat WIN for Germany resp. its participating television network(s) and German media environment.

This makes me wonder: It was always said, that the big 5 reiceived their fix starting place because they paid the biggest share to the EBU. But the amount seems not so high. Especially because they claim, that the production cost of a similiar show is normally higher.
I think it is kinda unfair: 380.000 Euro is not a reason to get a fixed start place in the final. Malta is paying 80.000 Euro and I guess for the these are not just peanuts. Ok, I understand that failing the final (what is very certain) would halfen the audience. The broadcaster would loose interest and the might consider to leave the competition. And then there would be a gap of 380.000 Euro.

Chorizo

This makes me wonder: It was always said, that the big 5 reiceived their fix starting place because they paid the biggest share to the EBU. But the amount seems not so high. Especially because they claim, that the production cost of a similiar show is normally higher.
I think it is kinda unfair: 380.000 Euro is not a reason to get a fixed start place in the final. Malta is paying 80.000 Euro and I guess for the these are not just peanuts. Ok, I understand that failing the final (what is very certain) would halfen the audience. The broadcaster would loose interest and the might consider to leave the competition. And then there would be a gap of 380.000 Euro.

I suppose this has also to do with the sponsors. Germany's ratings would plummet, if Germany didn't qualify for the grand final. If Malta's ratings plummet for the same reason, it won't make much of a difference.

Realest

Apart from that, it's OUR audience who chooses the songs. Ok, you can say this year the choice wasn't that great but in the previous years we had lots of songs to choose from and we chose Kümmert (who would've been nothing but last place too, I am convinced) or Jamie Lee. Come on, this is our own fault.

Yes, in my Opinion Wildfire was the best Option, but since the distance to 24rd Placed Ukraine was that large, it would probably have changed nothing on the 25th PLace in the End. Its very sad, that the biggest and one of the richest Countries in Europe had to choose between Average and Lower-Average. It is not our Fault that we had no chance to choose something that might have gone Top 20 since Helene and Axel were also average like Levina.

eurovizian

Ugh, don't remind me! I'm also still sad about the omission of Gregorian. Could it have been another potential Eurovision flop? Sure, but they would have put on a great show at least and that is something we haven't had in quite a while.

Indeed. Sometimes good songs flop badly in Eurovision, but the last three German flops were all forgettable acts. Everything about 'Ghost' was offensively bad.

CaspianMortis

Lol why does everyone hate this song?! Am I missing something?

The performance in the final really surprised me and I actually placed it in my top 10 that evening. My family also liked the song.

Top Bottom