25 11.4%

39 17.7%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
GERMANY.png

CPV4931

Re: GERMANY 2017

After Kümmert and Naidoo maybe finally an ESC-season without drama for Germany?

GermanBango

I'm gonna be honest now... The NDR should consider withdrawing next year IF we're gonna end up in the bottom 6 in Stockholm. Don't get me wrong it shouldn't be an act of defiance but the NDR obviously isn't able to prepare a conclusive NF-concept within one year. It seems like they need more time to overthink certain things/decisions/positions (maybe they just need to rediscover their Eurovision-passion) - a gap-year could help solving some problems. (I know that it's not gonna happen though)

jaan

I'm gonna be honest now... The NDR should consider withdrawing next year IF we're gonna end up in the bottom 6 in Stockholm. Don't get me wrong it shouldn't be an act of defiance but the NDR obviously isn't able to prepare a conclusive NF-concept within one year. It seems like they need more time to overthink certain things/decisions/positions (maybe they just need to rediscover their Eurovision-passion) - a gap-year could help solving some problems. (I know that it's not gonna happen though)

There are many stupid postings in this forum - but this one is the most stupid one.

Gordon_Shumway

There are many stupid postings in this forum - but this one is the most stupid one.

I don't think so. You can have a different opinion but that does not give you the right to call the other posting "stupid".
Maybe you can be so kind to share your opinion about this matter with us?

DanielLuis

There is no need to take a year off to prepare for a decent selection method. NRD manage to prepare the new concept for 2010's NF that gave them a winner and a 10th and 8th place finish in a year didn't they?

GermanBango

There is no need to take a year off to prepare for a decent selection method. NRD manage to prepare the new concept for 2010's NF that gave them a winner and a 10th and 8th place finish in a year didn't they?

They came up with this concept after they did an internal selection in 2009 (which is kinda like "taking a year off") + they weren't able to do this alone. Pro7, a German private broadcaster co-hosted the NF from 2010 till 2012. (And ofc Stefan Raab played a big role too - it was his concept after all)

jaan

Let's have a look at NDRs site: They had fantastic ratings for the national final with a good media reaction both to the show and Jamie Lee. The Eurovision final is the most watched entertainment programm of the year and makes hundreds of headlines. So why should the withdraw? And what would it change? Thomas Schreiber is working hard to get well known acts to the national final stage but we all know that it's not easy as establish acts don't neet the national final promotion.

Brandt

How about Johannes Strate or Tim Bendzko? With a good song they can do just as good as Roman Lob. But I kinda doubt if they ever consider to join the contest.

Franzilein

Stop holding national finals where the people can vote. German public showed its inability to vote a decent act this year once again.

Mii11

Stop holding national finals where the people can vote. German public showed its inability to vote a decent act this year once again.

Im sorry to say that but Jamie Lee was the best possible option for Germany. Other songs have would probably got even worse results (possibly nul points).

ShoeFlo

Avantasia would have stood out for sure and he would have had his supporters, no doubt!
Alex Diehl however would have gotten 0 points in both Televoting and Jury voting

But yes, Germany's televoters always mess it up in the National Final. We are fools. Then again I don't trust in the internal choices of NDR (I remember that Miss Kiss Kiss Bang disaster in 2009 (?) ). I would be fine if we just give up but I guess EBU needs our money.

lowyby

Avantasia would have stood out for sure and he would have had his supporters, no doubt!
Alex Diehl however would have gotten 0 points in both Televoting and Jury voting

But yes, Germany's televoters always mess it up in the National Final. We are fools. Then again I don't trust in the internal choices of NDR (I remember that Miss Kiss Kiss Bang disaster in 2009 (?) ). I would be fine if we just give up but I guess EBU needs our money.

Go back to a format that actually works (2010 - 2012) and you'll be fine

DaFlo

Banned

Go back to a format that actually works (2010 - 2012) and you'll be fine

That worked because it was in cooperation with Stefan Raab and the private broadcaster Pro7.
I highly doubt NDR alone would have success with it.

GermanBango

Did anyone ever got the last place 3 times in a row?
Well that's a goal, isn't it?

"Alle guten Dinge sind 3" :lol:

Franzilein

Im sorry to say that but Jamie Lee was the best possible option for Germany. Other songs have would probably got even worse results (possibly nul points).

This is just an assumption. I would pretty much argue that almost any other participant (well, maybe except from Luxuslärm and Joco) would've done a better job, especially Avantasia and Gregorian. They would've totally stand out, especially the latter, and not in a negative way like Jamie-Lee and her weird dress for sure, which just didn't fit at all with the song and the stage (and it wouldn't be another Lena-like entry). And I remember the comments after the national final; while most of the Germans were happy with Jamie-Lee, people from other countries prefered Gregorian.

ChrisOL

Will we have a scandal next year too? Hopefully something will change, we should have a better election than this year.

Would be great to see (famous) songwriters writing songs for Eurovision instead of using songs that are good but not for Eurovision...
And maybe it should not be just one show, semifinals could help (and maybe an international Jury, too) - That's almost like Melodifestivalen and maybe too expensive, but it could really help to find better songs.

Returning artists would be great, e.g. Fahrenhaidt, Laing (please, and something powerful like "Wechselt die Beleuchtung" - that's memorable :mrgreen:) or Madeline Juno (even if her vocals weren't that good life).

If the NDR continues their work, they have to get the younger audience interested. In our last selection we had 4.5 million viewers but only 1.5 million in the age of 14-49
(I don't now who the older generation voted for (maybe Alex Diehl?), but I guess they'd rather choose "outdated" songs and not songs that are fresh and new, like Laing for example)
The same with 2015, when we have chosen Kümmert with a nice voice but for me nothing more.

Well, that's just my opinion but I'm definitely against an internal election, it would end like Xavier Naidoo last year, no matter who they would choose (Just imagine all the hate against Helene Fischer if they would have chosen her :lol:)

And hate me or not, but maybe Dieter Bohlen could produce a nice and catchy tune (as long as he won't mix his old songs together). Not that I really like his music, but he often showed that he's still doing well in the music business compared to Ralph Siegel (who will have an own song in next year's election as well, I would place a bet on that :?)...

Therefore I still want to have a big variety of music genres like this year (we had everything and sadly lots of songs that were definitely not good for Eurovision as well), a big variety of catchy and well produced songs would be perfect for Eurovision :)

Top Bottom