20 4.7%

17 4.0%

14 3.3%

63 14.7%

• Total voters

alca

Re: DEUTSCHLAND - Germany 2011

charlesf said:
And of course if people like her, she'll win again. But honestly I've seen it so many times. People who got a great result (I'm talking mostly about the NFs) and return again, don't get many votes.

Johnny Logan performed ast the ESC twice and won both times... It can be done.

But look all the "champions" that returned!

Carola - Sweden 2006 - 5th place
Charlotte Perrelli - Sweden - 2008 - 18th
Niamh Kavanagh - Ireland - 2010 - 23rd

Not to mention the ones back in the 50's but those were different times...

As said, Johnny Logan did it...

And Carola's 5th place is solid enough. A success.

It can be done.
Logan won twice in the 80's. Correct me if I'm wrong but back then only the juries were voting. Today it's totally different!

Dalia

Gosh!
They should take Christian Durstewitz :cool:
He is from "Unser Star für Oslo" too and so talented.

Here are his own songs "Stalker" and "Another night":

I think he would do Top 5, too.
He is a very special guy (just like Lena, just male :lol: ) and got a unique, hot voice.

Go, Dursti, go!

And here are a cover of "Jungle Drum" and "Faith":

By the way I think that Lena didn't really want to make the ESC 2011. Look in her face when Stefan Raab ask her - she don't look happy.
I think she would be happy if Dursti took part on the ESC 2011. She really like him and they are friends :]

A-lister

Veteran

I don't believe that Lena will compete next year, I think this is just a PR-cup by Raab & Co to boost the interest for Lena.

If this really would turn out to be true (which I highly doubt), then I think it's a bad choice. Personally, I don't really like comebacks in Eurovision in general. I like to see new faces and Germany got alot of potential acts so I don't see the point.

I wonder if some of the bigger names like Sarah Connor for instance would be interested now that Germany won and all? Doubt it though.

Personally, I'd like to see Yvonne Catterfeld with something in German, would be great.

Something like this song;

paddyirl

I think going again would ruin her career actually.

Olli

dear lena, don't be stupid

you can't reach more in eurovision. you can only lose.

i know that raab is the man behind the success this year, but i think success has turned his head.

PeterLPZ

I don´t think, that this would be a good idea. It´s better to search a new talent and i think, there will be much more people who wants to sing next year for Germany after the success of Lena.

teroh

paddyirl said:
I think going again would ruin her career actually.

She never wanted to be a singer actually. She went to the casting in February just for fun. Even today, she still plans to go to an acting school.
So she would not be too sad if her singing career came to an end at a certain point. She could deal with it.

Plus, she's making a lot of money now, enough for the rest of her life (if she handles the money correctly ;)

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member

NRD revealed that the final decision will be made public after the summer holidays.
So sometime in august we should know where we're going.

sharkan

I think that being a host of ESC is a chance to bring for homeland some famous name (which is widely known and has musical experience) and germans should use it

Blush

it seams lena will represent Germany,again, next year...what a bad idea to belive that you can win again...

teroh

DON'T WORRY! They have a masterplan for 2011. Look at this:

In 2011, Lena is going on a big tour in Germany, taking place in huge stadiums (each with a capacity of more than 10,000 people)

13/04/2011 Berlin - O2 World
14/04/2011 Hannover - TUI Arena
15/04/2011 Frankfurt - Festhalle
19/04/2011 Dortmund - Westfalenhalle
20/04/2011 Hamburg - O2 World
21/04/2011 Leipzig - Leipzig Arena
27/04/2011 Munich - Olympiahalle
28/04/2011 Stuttgart - Schleyer-Halle
29/04/2011 Cologne - Lanxess Arena

So, this is probably going to be the plan for 2011:

January - March: Production of 2nd album
March: National Final with the selection of Lena's 2011 entry (one of the songs from the second album),
then after the national final: Release of single (ESC 2011 entry) and release of 2nd album
April: Lena on Tour
May: Lena at ESC 2011

Isn't it cool that Lena is going to have a concert in the arena where the ESC will take place, just 1 month before the ESC? :D (I guess we all know it's gonna be O2 World in either Hamburg or Berlin..)

alca

So I think we should stop suggesting artists for 2011 :p
So, who will represent Germany in 2012? :lol:

Dervan

i cant remember where i read it but it seems lena is already working on her 2nd album now.
so maybe that plan above would mean a 3rd album?
(+ if its true, i would guess lena is not too happy with the result of the album as well as i am... too much raab)

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
Re: DEUTSCHLAND - Germany 2011 - Lena

It's a very desperate and unoriginal decision and I'm incredibly disappointed that the NDR decided to do this. Are they bringing back the two songwriters as well? They composed the song afterall.
While I will do my best to support germany next year I'm just very sad that germany is unwilling to show more diversity and I lost a lot of respect for the artist and Stefan Raab for that matter.

But let's focus on the postive. At least we know our first performer of 2011 :cool:

Sean

Admin
Staff member

Bad decision :( They should let someone else try rather than thinking lightning will strike twice.

teroh

Matt said:
It's a very desperate and unoriginal decision and I'm incredibly disappointed that the NDR decided to do this. Are they bringing back the two songwriters as well? They composed the song afterall.
While I will do my best to support germany next year I'm just very sad that germany is unwilling to show more diversity and I lost a lot of respect for the artist and Stefan Raab for that matter.

But let's focus on the postive. At least we know our first performer of 2011 :cool:

They certainly won't bring back the songwriters. Actually, the songwriters are the only thing they don't like (or that Stefan Raab doesn't like) about this year's victory. Raab wanted his own composition to be chosen in the national final, obviously. And if people had known that one of the songs was written by him (they announced the songwriters only after the show) they would have chosen it, because most people think "if it's by Raab, it will do well".

I'm 99% sure that next year Lena will sing a song composed by Raab and written by herself & Raab. In the NF we're probably gonna have only songs by Raab, to make sure that the audience cannot choose a song that's not by him :lol:

In Germany, everybody knows that Raab will not be fully satisfied as long as he doesn't have the Eurovision Cup on his own shelf at home.

Plus, Raab is always interested in things that seem almost impossible to do. I guess he really aims for 2011 to be the first time an artist wins twice in a row.

And I think that in general Germany can be very happy about Raab taking care of German ESC entries. He has always done well:
7th place in 1998 (songwriter/composer), 5th place in 2000 (performer/songwriter/composer), 8th place in 2004 (songwriter/composer), victory in 2010 (supporter and discoverer of Lena).

teroh

And don't forget that this decision is really something new, something progressive.

It takes some balls to come back directly after winning the contest. She's courageous, and that's a good thing. And she says "Screw the conventions", which is a good thing too. ;)

Imagine that Alex Rybak had come back for the 2010 contest. Do you think he would have failed? Certainly not. He would probably have fought with Lena for the win.

DIFF

I don't like this idea. She should have waited at least a year or better two-three. That's just ridicuolous. :? Nevertheless, that's her choice. All the best to Lena. :)

Top Bottom