3 2.4%

6 4.8%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Circus Mircus was Trash.

FV385wyWIAAakcP

I'm sorry, but this year's entry is utter trash melodically, vocally, lyrically, and conceptually. The production of it is horrendous, as if it was done in some village in central Siberia. You don't even have to be a musician to hear it.

Posting televote and Scandinavian and other bribed or politicized juries results doesn't prove anything. Just ask Rosa Linn, the most streamed and radio-aired ESC 2022 song.

What I said about Circus Mircus is maybe impossible to understand for many lay in music, but they did have their thing.

Their song was alternative, electronic prog-rock London underground scene from the 90's, and it was a proper copy-cat of that. Of course it didn't get any votes. Why would it on a festival dedicated to cheap pop whose religious audience thinks Chanel served them a breakthrough in history of a music contest? 🤣

Last edited:

midnightsun

Veteran
xqueenbitchCircus Mircus was Trash.

FV385wyWIAAakcP
Wait - what? German televoters gave them 3 points??? I knew we had taste after all!
xqueenbitch

So we can make :az: qualify this year, guys. Let’s dooooo this! :ROFLMAO:

/edit nvm just realized it were the juries… oh shame on you, voters! You can only make up for this by voting for Azerbaijan this year!

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Georgia what the hell is this nonsense.

:6: points

DanielLuis

I have to say, I find it absolutely hilarious that when I search for "Future Lover" on Spotify this is what comes up

A-lister

Veteran
A-lister's annual review:

Georgia finally did it! Sent something worthy again! It's not up there with their 2007 debut, but it's at least en par (or probably better, depending on the mood) with their 2010 and 2021 entries (the only other Georgian entries I kinda liked apart from 2007 which was a masterpiece and one of the best Eurovision debuts ever!). But let's not spend time in the past and look at this year's competition where I think Georgia deserves a top. 10 (which would be the second time I place them in top. 10). This entry is a pretty decent compromise with them trying something different, yet understanding that it needs to be accessible enough, for a change the accessibility is higher than the originality, but it's still a good attempt at Eurovision Pop with its own character. I must say though, and most seem to agree, that English was completely unecessary here since it's hardly understandable.

A-lister

Veteran
Wonder if a revamp is coming. Or they decided to release the song in Georgian fully.
One would hope for fully Georgian, this "English" doesn't make sense or do the song any favor.

However, a bit of a revamp would also be helpful.

crashworld

Veteran
Lol

Or they saw that Armenia just added their song on Spotify, and deleted it just to re-add it so they can be "last" out again :lol:

To be fair, I believe we have yet gotten San Marino's studio version of the song though. So technically, they will be the last at this rate, assuming Georgia is not going to revamp the song.

empo21

Veteran
They're revamping the song. It'll now be called "Echo Music" and one might notice melodic similarities with the JESC hit Candy Music, but it's absolutely coincidental I promise.

A-lister

Veteran
To be fair, I believe we have yet gotten San Marino's studio version of the song though. So technically, they will be the last at this rate, assuming Georgia is not going to revamp the song.
San Marino isn't sending a song though, they literally send a pile of ****

A-lister

Veteran
LOL! Not that I disagreed with that, but the same logic applies to at least 50% of the songs this year (IMO).
#EurovisionShiteSongContest2023.
Lol, I strangely like this year more than last (on average that is), but it's not up there with 2018-2019.

Top Bottom