3 2.4%

6 4.8%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Totally unreliable, lol. If random Twitter twinks got to hear the song, snippets of it would have already leaked everywhere.

We know not a thing about Iru's song, ergo unreliable.

Still, release already. xexcuseme

Bobjan FR

we know that the composer is giga kukhhianidze, the composer of 3/4 of thé Georgian songs in the junior contest, and he had a lot of success in it... Let's see what he's gonna bring in adult but i think it will be good

John1

cWTRHud.jpg

Come thru, powerful diva in Georgian flag colors xbow

I don't say that often, but Iru is giving off way more winning vibes than Loreen at this point and I'm dead serious. It looks out of this world. She just comes across as a flower that just bloomed (the clothing is impressive as well).

Semra

Do any of you know why Georgia is such an indie rock bastion? I'm not talking about this years entry, but in general. I've been wondering about this for a long time... Placement on the map... far away from where grunge and indie was born. Or am I ignorant?

Mainshow

Veteran
Do any of you know why Georgia is such an indie rock bastion? I'm not talking about this years entry, but in general. I've been wondering about this for a long time... Placement on the map... far away from where grunge and indie was born. Or am I ignorant?

Dunno but :ge: is a very indie/alternative country in terms of music.
I was lucky and spent a whole month in Georgia and stayed at a friend´s places.

In Tbilissi, you´ll find tons of lounges and clubs playing jazz or heavy EDM/trance (without vocals) - even clubs or parties which were "LGTBQ+-friendly". It was really strange to not hear any Britney, GaGa, Madonna, Kylie at such nights.
From what I´ve heard, also former ESC participants like Nina Sublatti and Co. create very different music - I just think it´s such a strange, no, I should rather say unique country in terms of music, language, culture(s) and even cuisine... it´s really wonderful and interesting!

Semra

Dunno but :ge: is a very indie/alternative country in terms of music.
I was lucky and spent a whole month in Georgia and stayed at a friend´s places.

In Tbilissi, you´ll find tons of lounges and clubs playing jazz or heavy EDM/trance (without vocals) - even clubs or parties which were "LGTBQ+-friendly". It was really strange to not hear any Britney, GaGa, Madonna, Kylie at such nights.
From what I´ve heard, also former ESC participants like Nina Sublatti and Co. create very different music - I just think it´s such a strange, no, I should rather say unique country in terms of music, language, culture(s) and even cuisine... it´s really wonderful and interesting!
Georgia sounds like my musical paradise! I was in the midst of it 10 and 15 years ago (in Norway and US/Canada) but us freaks always hung out in spesific, smaller areas. Just thinking about having a whole country like that - wow! :LOL: You're lucky to have been there. Still very strange how a western invention ended up in Georgia... / Thank you, Mainshow, I'm tempted to see this place now.

Last edited:

DanielLuis

I really do have a feeling Georgia will be a contender this year.
I mean if the composer goes anywhere near the direction of the style and quality he has used in his JESC entries it's really not surprising at all if that's the case.
70% of Georgian JESC entries would be 300x more competitive at the main ESC than what they usually send, while keeping the quirky/originality factor and the high quality factor as well.

Top Bottom