22 16.3%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

A-lister

Veteran
Not only does it put a damper on the moment for those that do like the song, such commentary can also influence voters as unfortunately not everyone thinks entirely for themselves. Some people will feel embarrassed voting for something they're being told is bad. We weren't voting on Tuesday's show but Sweden was brought up positively in conversation multiple times throughout the night along with Malta. The favouritism was strong. Meanwhile tonight Georgia was mocked and cruelly laughed at and then that was it. It's so disrespectful. I hate how my country looks down on others but then it seems it's not just UK that does it.

Oh they definitely say it to influence, unfortunately people tend to be sheep and the casual viewer who is tuning in to see/hear these entries for the first time didn't have proper time to really digest these songs properly, so such comments to have influence.

I will never get the "collectivist" mindset, I get people want to belong to a community, but if people can't even think for themselves when it comes to things like taste in music and movies then I dunno xshrug

cegs5

Even my country's own commentator Scott Mills was awful to Tornike after his song was performed. A sarcastic (actually quite nasty) "oh... it's finished" from Scott followed by what sounded like an "oh god" from Sara Cox. Then they proceeded to read out shady comments whilst laughing their heads off. "Look... if you want to vote for it you can" essentially mocking anyone that may have enjoyed it before the phone lines were even open. Another year and yet more moments I was looking forward to soured by disrespectful, ignorant, biased commentators. This shouldn't be allowed to be honest.
This was painful to watch. I had no choice but watching the BBC broadcast because YT is blocked for the UK this year, and was really shocked how disrespectful they were.
Also, telling us what are their favourites before the entries were even shown to us. Then, inviting people to tweet “what is making you laugh”... seriously?

I honestly never witnessed something like that in my years in Finland and Spain, not during the show at least, commentators should be neutral and respectful. arggh It was so annoying!

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
This was painful to watch. I had no choice but watching the BBC broadcast because YT is blocked for the UK this year, and was really shocked how disrespectful they were.
Also, telling us what are their favourites before the entries were even shown to us. Then, inviting people to tweet “what is making you laugh”... seriously?

I honestly never witnessed something like that in my years in Finland and Spain, not during the show at least, commentators should be neutral and respectful. arggh It was so annoying!

Our commentators have been like this year after year but this really was a rock bottom moment for them. That part you mention there about how they asked people to share what is making them laugh... no words. It was like two school children in a playground sniggering at others for being different.

This gentleman had a two year journey to get to Eurovision. Whatever the commentators personally thought about the song should not have mattered in what was his moment. Tornike deserved respect like everyone else and he got delivered the exact opposite. I've disliked having Scott Mills as our commentator since 2012 when he (if I recall correctly) mocked a guest live on air for saying that their favourite was Suus, gasping in astonishment that anyone could enjoy it. Thank goodness he only does the semis at least. I wish Rylan Clark would replace him full time. Someone that's kind, funny and actually passionate about the contest. Scott didn't even know who Helena Paparizou was and he's been hosting the contest for over ten years. You don't mock Eurovision royalty like that.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Our commentators have been like this year after year but this really was a rock bottom moment for them. That part you mention there about how they asked people to share what is making them laugh... no words. It was like two school children in a playground sniggering at others for being different.

This gentleman had a two year journey to get to Eurovision. Whatever the commentators personally think about the song should not matter in what was his moment. Tornike deserved respect like everyone else and he got delivered the exact opposite. I've disliked having Scott Mills as our commentator since 2012 when he (if I recall correctly) mocked a guest live on air for saying that their favourite was Suus, gasping in astonishment that anyone could enjoy it. Thank goodness he only does the semis at least. I wish Rylan Clark would replace him full time. Someone that's kind, funny and actually passionate about the contest. Scott didn't even know who Helena Paparizou was and he's been hosting the contest for over ten years. You don't mock Eurovision royalty like that.

It shows how little he actually cares or even pays attention. Just looks down his nose at everything as if hes somehow above it or better. His ignorance doesn't cease there though, I remember when Liam Payne released a song with J Balvin and he described it on air as Liam Payne singing with some South American nobody - when J Balvin (at least at the time) is one of the biggest artists in South America and beyond. I don't want to be that person but it's clear he has a very bitchy toxic personality and an elitist attitude in general.

I never thought I'd say this but yeah, I wish Rylan would take over full time. I actually missed him this year, you can tell he actually cares.

The commentary for some artists was very painful. I'd fully support the EBU or whoever telling the BBC to book it up a bit.

seagull

Dear old :ge: keep doing this, sending a song that doesn't get much hype, and then doing a good enough job in the Semi to make me sad. They've done it every year since 2016. Semi 2's answer to :mk: in my opinion, an emotional, personal song I didn't expect too much from but enjoyed more as a completed package.

This is the reason why I do two Top lists every year, my Top studio cut list and my Top after the year list because you never know, seeing the final polished presentation might lift it or drop it for you.

Chorizo

I really would have liked to see Georgia in the final. It's a slow song but it has a certain appeal.
Bulgaria, on the other hand, is excruciatingly boring for me and I don't understand why it's popular here.

kamc

Ah well sadly expected NQ I guess. I’m just very curious to see if at least the juries took to it.
Tornike gave a great vocal but the staging was pretty much non-existent which didn’t help.

FilipFromSweden

Now he can go back to do things he actually enjoys doing!

grazy2266

I couldn't stand this song, it was so boring on stage and omg it felt like a hour waiting for it to finish, no surprises this didn't get through.

abenteuer

I think this entry is really misunderstood. He is well aware his song is "boring" in the Eurovision context but he obviously doesn't give a shit. There is something so authentic and refreshing about that.

Tornike has way more of a rock and roll/punk attitude in one middle finger than all of Blind Channel combined.

SirPeterGriffin

I'm a massive advocate for the independent path taken by Georgia (i still won't forget the moment my beloved Midnight Gold got a place in the final against all odds) but unfortunately i didn't connect with this one. At some point, it just sounded like a slightly drunken dad singing in a karaoke bar.

Datura

sorry but i think the song was truly dreadful, it felt like 10 minutes long, the lyrics were very basic and there was nothing appealing to me.
but i'm a bit shocked what u guys wrote about the british commentatos, thats really rude and not their job. i don't think we should take eurovision toooooo seriously and let commentators have some fun but this is not fun anymore. i also hate it when they tell us about their personal favourites and what we are supposed to like. it's simply not what they are here for (i love our austrian commentator but even he does that to a certain extend)

Milos-BC

Expected outcome. I like his voice, but the song is just extremely boring and there was no hope of qualifying :(

I hope for something much better from :ge: next year. They had great songs in the past.

pjelacki

I also enjoyed this performance and think it should have qualified, especially over that trash Moldova entry

those BBC commentators are a disgrace

Franzilein

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

musicfan

I preferred this over the North Macedonian song. It's slow, it isn't a big vocal, not really a dance song...so most won't really give it much of a chance. The singer wrote the song himself. I suppose it would have been nice to have at least some Georgian words in it, maybe with a ballad you wish that even more. But I think he should be happy and proud with himself.

Top Bottom