5 4.0%

3 2.4%

8 6.5%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
Georgia-scaled.jpg

Zonne147

:ge: I'M HAPPY THE MOST UNDERRATED COUNTRY BY EVERYONE IS NOW BEING HYPED IN THIS FORUM AND OUTSIDE OF IT TOO :ge: Tbilisi 2021 here we go!!! 13th place and they will not stop here.

Seriously now, this style is not my cup of tea but this is a very good song that will put the arena on fire. I don't like the lyrics but I can appreciate the melody a lot. If he manages to pull that voice in Rotterdam and if Georgia manages to get the right staging (just like Oto last year) I'm expecting this to be very very high.

I think this is THE chance got Georgia to go through and place high at the end, this is way more appealing than their 2 last efforts. For me, I'm not feeling it as much as you but I'm confident Georgia is getting what they deserve. :7: solid points but I think that mark will improve

Himan

I just really, really dislike the lyrics, I never have that, but like I said earlier they are so bad and just fishing for some points, that I don't believe the sound of the song anymore. That's why it gets 2 points from me.

Uto

Veteran
Georgia's odds are pretty short now, about the same range as Norway. That's mental.

Uto

Veteran
??? You mean "mental" as "crazy"? If so, why is that crazy?
I mean at as expression of surprise. I mean obviously the song is pretty good with a couple of caveats here and there, but I would never have expected it to launch straight into dark horse territory.

mauve

Veteran
I mean at as expression of surprise. I mean obviously the song is pretty good with a couple of caveats here and there, but I would never have expected it to launch straight into dark horse territory.
You are right, though I fear that he will fail in the odds again soon.

FRFanESC

I don't know if I like it or not actually, I think that I don't but I'm not sure. 😂

Decayingbooks

My biggest problem with the song is that the theme is very solid, not being what someone expects/wants you to be, but the second part really needed to go somewhere, both lyric-wise and melody-wise, like some pointed out it lacks and explosion at the end and a conclusion, as it is the song kinda ends and that's really shame...
Although I like Tornike's voice and the first half so a :6: from me, hopefully they can elevate the song with a great staging.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
This piece of grudgy indie rock xheart Take my :7:

heke1988

I kind of like it and kind of don't. Some parts are good, some are not. Perhaps 5 points is good enough at this moment.

Fluke

Hmmm, very unusually structured song, it's like the last three minutes of a 6-minute song, it's otherwise common with ESC entries that feel like the first three minutes without a real climax. Not quite sure what to think of this yet, i'd say final is possible but no upper half, much like Georgia's previous "Midnight Gold" which had kind of a similar style and vibe, though this seems more dramatic and vocal-centric, which might be a plus.... :rolleyes:

Ezio

Veteran
Here's a beautiful reaction video that just got online: he expresses exactly howI felt.

This boy is like me, only more handsome and younger. I binge-listened to this song on a loop today and I am ready for the next loop already.

This is 10,000 times better than the favourite going into ESC 2014, and I mean Armenia. Because there is more emotional value, relatability, but it is also vocal stunning AF.

I also love the lyrics. They are basic but clever and could go viral. I think the message is also anti-racist and anti-xenophoobic. Look at me, the Georgian man, I am as precious as the fashionable Italian,.....

PinchyCrabstina

I'm having such a powerful emotional response to this song, and that doesn't happen a lot for me. It has such a raw beauty and interesting instrumentation. The grungy guitar to the godly strokes at the end that giving me imagery of the gates to heaven opening up. Tornike's voice is just fantastic and so emotive. The cry for being accepted for who you are by the person you love, or is this a cry from Georgia wanting to be accepted and seen by the rest of Europe? With the use of different languages they are reaching out to us, with a universal message of love and acceptance. Can we for once give Georgia what they deserve for year after year blessing us with those unapologetically Georgian little masterpieces? Just take them for who they are. If we make them not qualify again I think I will cry. We don't deserve Georgia, but I'm glad they still want to keep sticking around. xcry

Bless their souls xangel

Uto

Veteran
I have just been listening to this in the dark with headphones trying to hallucinate the staging. Oh lord, the potential. This song is hella expansive, you can use the whole stage with full visuals, massive zoom-outs, large sweeps with the camera and the whole shebang. All colours seem to work with this as well as long as it's not too bright. They should also use a good number of shots from behind him. We don't want him singing at us so much, but make it seem like he is singing *for* us as well.

If he has the vocals and the staging is exalting this, I dunno, could win?

Top Bottom