9 5.0%

• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator
macedonia_640.png

jimijoop

Banned
Re: FYR MACEDONIA 2018

If this happens I ain't paying taxes in this country anymore ........... Hate TURBO-FOLK with passion.

Just kidding. I don't like turbofolk too. Thank god MRT is very unlikely to send these artists.

aletem

ESCada

Yet to be confirmed but It's probably a sure thing that you will see the :mk: flag in Lisbon.

Cannot reveal source.

Mrm

Veteran

Have just returned from Macedonia! xlove xheart

Smth like Tyzee - "Omilena" to Lisbon please! xpray

Mrm

Veteran

Antonia Gigovska with ballad in Macedonian language like this one would be a GEM from Macedonia! xlove xheart

AlekS

Veteran

http://esctoday.com/151444/fyr-macedonia-ebu-blocks-mrts-eurovision-2018-participation/

The EBU’s statement

As a result of non-payment of debt, FYROM’s public service broadcaster Macedonian Radio Television (MRT) currently does not have access to the EBU’s Member services, including the Eurovision News and Sports News Exchanges, the right to broadcast specific sporting events, legal, technical and research expertise and lobbying services. MRT will also not participate in the 2018 Eurovision Song Contest as things stand but will continue to take part in the Junior Eurovision Song Contest in November.

:(

DanielLuis

What's the point of taking such a nasty decision? I mean, they've already payed back all of their debts...

Well obviously they didn't otherwise they wouldn't have been banned. The EBU even said they can still participate if they pay their debts or renegotiate their debts in time, which obviously means they haven't paid any debts.

Stiven

sad news. :(
but why can they participate at JESC?

Because Ingrid Deltenre(the main person behind :ro: late exclusion in 2016) is no longer the EBU General Director. Also the fact that the Macedonian government isn't ignoring the issue they just have other priorities and delayed increasing MRT funding until 2019.

No mayor Macedonian news paper, news agancy, the broadcaster itself or the European Broadcasting Union is writing this on their portals…
I have my doubts about this news

Stiven

No mayor Macedonian news paper, news agancy, the broadcaster itself or the European Broadcasting Union is writing this on their portals…
I have my doubts about this news

They have actually written about it:

One of them even went to details:

The thing is our participation is still possible so many outlets don't jump the gun and instantly say that we won't be taking part.
We will have to wait for official news from MRT before we know if they can pay their EBU debt or not.

They have actually written about it:

One of them even went to details:

The thing is our participation is still possible so many outlets don't jump the gun and instantly say that we won't be taking part.
We will have to wait for official news from MRT before we know if they can pay their EBU debt or not.

That news was already announced before the weekend not?
The esctoday article has other information. I only trust articles on the EBU or MRT site for this ;)

Top Bottom