A-lister

Veteran
:se: FSC#122 - April 2019 :se:

Smith & Thell
(feat. Swedish Jam Factory)

Forgive Me Friend

5xn5t3.jpg

PRESENTATION:

This edition marks Sweden's 100th entry to the FSC (my 73rd) and to celebrate that we are sending the catchy Swedish-styled Country-folk-Indie-Pop track Forgive Me Friend performed by the duo Smith & Thell. The duo, consisting of singer/songwriters Maria Jane Smith and Victor Thell, debuted back in 2012 with the EDM-Pop track Kill It With Love, which would be followed by some stand-alone singles as well as songwriting and producing credits for other artists including the Melodifestivalen entries Groupie (performed by the duo Samir & Victor in the 2015 contest) and Human (performed by Victor Zia in the 2016 edition).

The duo's fourth single, and first single taken from their 2017 debut album Soulprints, titled Statue (The Pills Song) got released in 2015, but except for some commercial success working for other artists, the duo would have their own breakthrough as a music act with Forgive Me Friend in 2018, which also was the first release from their EP Telephone Wires released in November of that year. The song became a radio hit in Sweden and peaked within the top. 10 on the Official Swedish Singles Charts and has lately started to gain interest internationally being added to radio playlists outside of Sweden and just recently debuted in the top.40 on the US Billboard Alternative chart.

LYRICS:

VICTORY! xcheer

It's been almost two years since the last victory for Sweden, so this is really awesome !! It's the fourth victory since I joined six years ago, and fifth in total for Sweden since the debut in this contest 10 years ago!!!

Thank you to all that voted for the Swedish entry in the #FSC122 - April 2019 edition and made this victory possible ! xhug

139 pts

:12: :ch: :uk:
:10: :cy: :fr: :de: :il: :ph: :pt:
:8: :ca:
:7: :za:
:6: :dk: :lt:
:5: :bg: :nl: :tr:
:4: :gr:
:3: :it: :my:
:2: :hu:
:1: :br:

... and a reprise of (my) Sweden's votes this edition:

:12: :ie:
:10: :uk:
:8: :il:
:7: :ua:
:6: :dk:
:5: :nl:
:4: :bg:
:3: :tr:
:2: :hr:
:1: :it:

A-lister

Veteran
:se: FSC#123 - May 2019 :se:

FELIX SANDMAN
IMPRINT

10wtcvp.jpg

PRESENTATION:

For this May edition, Sweden is sending the 20-year old singer and actor Felix Sandman with the well produced, fresh and catchy urban-inspired Pop entry Imprint, the second single released from the singer's 2018- solo debut album EMOTIONS.

For fans of the Swedish national selection for the Eurovision Song Contest; Melodifestivalen, Sandman might be best remembered for his runner-up entry Every Single Day from the 2018-edition, which would also become his first, and so far only, chart-topper on the official Swedish Singles charts. The song was later on followed up by the 2018- stand-alone single Tror du att han bryr sig? (Do You Think He Cares?), a duet between Sandman and the winner of Melodifestivalen 2018 and Swedish entrant to the Eurovision Song Contest 2018 Benjamin Ingrosso, which charted in the top. 10 on the Swedish Singles charts.

Sandman started out as part of the boyband trio FO&O back in 2013, and together with fellow members Oscar Enestad and Omar Rudberg, the group came to release two studio albums and also managed to qualify to the finals of Melodifestivalen 2017 with the entry Gotta Thing About You before the trio broke-up late that same year.

Sandman can currently be seen playing one of the lead characters in the first Swedish Netflix original series titled Quicksand [swe: Störst av allt (Biggest of All)], and he also just recently released his first single taken from his upcoming follow-up solo album.

LYRICS:

A-lister

Veteran
Not very satisfying results for Sweden in this edition, actually quite the flop tbh :lol:

Flop or not... still a big...

Thank you to all that voted for the Swedish entry in the FSC#123 - May 2019 edition ! xhug

41 pts

:10: :ie:
:8: :za:
:7: :fr:
:6: :tr:
:5: :de:
:2: :nl:
:1: :il: :lt: :uk:

... and a reprise of (my) Sweden's votes this edition:

:12: :ca:
:10: :il:
:8: :no:
:7: :hu:
:6: :bg:
:5: :dk:
:4: :az:
:3: :ie:
:2: :za:
:1: :ee:

A-lister

Veteran
:se: FSC#124 - June 2019 :se:

Tungevaag & Raaban
(feat. Luana Kiara)

Bad Boy

n2od9w.jpg

PRESENTATION:

Summer has finally arrived (on the Northern hemisphere that is) and to get into the right summertime groove, Sweden is sending the catchy and modern dancehall-vibed-EDM-bop Bad Boy by the Swedish-Norwegian DJ/producer EDM act Tungevaag & Raaban with vocals by Swedish/Gambian singer and newcomer Luana Kiara.

The duo consists of 32-year old Swedish DJ/Producer Robbin Raaban Söderlund and 25-year old Norwegian DJ/Producer Martin Tungevaag. Söderlund started out as one part of the Swedish novelty Eurodance duo-act Laser Inc, that managed a one-hit-wonder back in 2007 with their debut single Det var en gång en liten fågel (There was once a little bird), followed up by their first and only album release Roger That! in 2009.
Martin Tungevaag debuted in 2014 with the solo single Wicked Wonderland, which became a top. 5 hit in both Sweden and Norway as well as charting in some other countries.

As a duo, they released their debut single Samsara, back in 2015, that became a chart hit in the Nordic countries, it's been then followed up by various singles with their latest top. 10 being All for Love released in 2018, later that year they also got a nomination for the MTV European Music Awards in the category Best Norwegian act.

LYRICS:

A-lister

Veteran
Another flop result for Sweden unfortunately, I know that "urban-leaning" entries tend to not be too popular with the FSC crowd but #26 really!? I expected at least a bit better... Oh well... hopefully we can turn the trend around in July...

Thank you to all that voted for the Swedish entry in FSC#124 - June 2019 ! xhug

27 pts

:5: :my: :ma:
:3: :hu:
:2: :cy: :lt:
:1: :bg: :no:

... and a recap of (my) Sweden's votes this edition:

:12: :de:
:10: :hu:
:8: :my:
:7: :es:
:6: :br:
:5: :lt:
:4: :bg:
:3: :hr:
:2: :at:
:1: :mx:

A-lister

Veteran
:se: FSC#125 - July 2019 :se:

Molly Sandén
Det bästa kanske inte hänt än

rwtaa9.jpg

After achieving Sweden's first victory in the FSC 7.5 years ago with the entry Spread a Little Light, singer Molly Sandén is back in the contest for the second time with her brand new single Det bästa kanske inte hänt än (The Best May Not Have Happened Yet). This catchy uptempo Swedish-language Pop song, which incorporates subtle club vibes, is the second single released from Sandén's fourth studio album (titled the same as this entry) and lyrically takes on the topic of moving on from a relationship that isn't working any longer.

Sandén's first rise to fame came through her participation in the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2006 at the age of 14 where she ended up third with the entry Det finaste någon kan få (The Prettiest Anyone Could Get), which remains Sweden's best position in the contest that Sweden withdrew from in 2015 and has yet to come back to. Sandén's younger sisters Frida and Mimmi also entered the contest the following editions.

In 2009 Sandén qualified to the finals of the Swedish selection to the Eurovision Song Contest; Melodifestivalen with the entry Så vill stjärnorna (So Want the Stars), which was followed by the release of her debut album Samma himmel (Same Heaven) in the same year. In 2012 Sandén entered the selection again and ended up fifth in the final with the entry Why Am I Crying which became her first single to chart within the top. 10 on the official Swedish Singles Chart. In 2012 she also released her follow-up studio album, and so far only English language full album, Unchained which managed to top the Swedish albums chart. Sandén released the EP Like No One's Watching in 2015 which included the 2014 release Freak as well as the single Phoenix. In 2016 Sandén entered Melodifestivalen for a third time with the entry Youniverse which also managed to qualify her to the finals as well as giving her a second top. 10 single.

In 2017 Sandén came back to the Swedish language with a more matured style and urban-oriented sound with the singles Rygg mot rygg (Back Against Back) and Utan dig (Without You) which later on were followed by her third album release Större (Larger) in 2018 and the single Sand.

LYRICS:

LYRICS [ENGLISH TRANSLATION]:

A-lister

Veteran
Actually disappointed about the Swedish results, I expected a bit better and not sure what else I can say about that xshrug...

Thank you to all that voted for the Swedish entry in this edition ! xhug

61 pts

:12: :ee: :il:
:10: :ph:
:7: :au: :es:
:5: :bg:
:4: :ch:
:2: :no:
:1: :rs: :uk:

:12: :il:
:10: :rs:
:8: :ua:
:7: :au:
:6: :es:
:5: :lt:
:4: :dk:
:3: :bg:
:2: :ma:
:1: :cy:

A-lister

Veteran
:se: FSC#126 - August 2019 :se:

NEIKED
(feat. Miriam Bryant)

How Did I Find You

DSjKFcS.jpg

PRESENTATION:

For this August edition, we're seeing yet another comeback for Sweden with music producer and songwriter Victor Rådström aka NEIKED and his longtime collaborator and childhood friend the singer-songwriter Miriam Bryant. Bryant ended up second in the FSC exactly six years ago back in August 2013 with her breakthrough track Push Play, which was produced by Rådström. The duo would continue to work on Bryant's solo career, with Rådström producing tracks for the singer's debut album as well as following English language releases including the 2016 single Black Car, which is Bryant's most successful track chartwise to date, charting in the top.3 on the Official Swedish Singles chart.

Parallel to working on Bryant's solo releases, Rådström started his own solo project NEIKED in 2015 and achieved some international success with his 2016 single Sexual, which peaked within the top. 5 in markets like the UK and Australia.

On this month's entry, Bryant is serving lead vocals as a featured singer for Rådström's solo project and it's the third single taken from Rådström's debut album the 2019 Best of Hard Drive. The song can be described as a melodic and warm midtempo Scandinavian-styled electro-Pop track.

LYRICS:

A-lister

Veteran
Haven't been logged in for a while so a little late, as for the results in the last edition, I will not say much about it, but I am thinking twice whether it's worth investing in this any longer... xshrug

Regardless...

Thank you to the few of you that supported the Swedish entry in this edition ! xhug

31 pts

:12: :il: xrose
:5: :ca: :my:
:4: :nl: :pt:
:1: :ua:

:12: :us:
:8: :bg:
:7: :au:
:6: :fr:
:5: :tr:
:4: :rs:
:3: :dk:
:2: :il:
:1: :no:

A-lister

Veteran
:se: FSC#127 - September 2019 :se:

Peg Parnevik
Break Up a Bit

lgjQdtc.jpg

PRESENTATION:

For this edition, Sweden goes straight up unapologetically Pop with the catchy and well produced bop Break Up a Bit performed by 23-year old singer and reality celebrity Peg Parnevik.

Peg was born in Sweden and is the daughter of Swedish professional golfer Jesper Parnevik. She grew up in the USA but due to her famous father and the reality show Parneviks, which premiered in 2015 on Swedish TV and follows the Parnevik family, she became a name on her own in Sweden and started her music career in Sweden back in 2016 with the single Ain't No Saint, which became her best charting single to date, charting within the top. 3 on the Official Swedish Singles Charts.

LYRICS:

A-lister

Veteran
A bit of relief to finally see a decent result for Sweden again after months of flopping, a bit ironic though considering I think the previous Swedish entries were stronger and better imo... anyways I hope that this is a sign for some better months ahead... we'll see ;)

Thank you to everyone that supported the Swedish entry in FSC#127 - September 2019 edition ! xhug

80 pts

:12: :tr: :uk:
:10: :br:
:8: :ba: :ch:
:6: :au:
:5: :ee: :ie: :za:
:4: :il:
:2: :ro:

:12: :ru:
:10: :my:
:8: :az:
:7: :cz:
:6: :ch:
:5: :uk:
:4: :dk:
:3: :ma:
:2: :ro:
:1: :ua:

A-lister

Veteran
:se: FSC#128 - October 2019 :se:

Tove Lo
Sweettalk my Heart

CzPbJla.jpg

PRESENTATION:

Sweden continues the Pop route for this edition, this time with a comeback of singer-songwriter Ebba Tove Nilsson aka Tove Lo to the contest. This marks the singer's third entry, having ended up 8th back in the FSC#63 - May 2014 edition with the song Out of Mind and 5th in the December edition of the same year with the entry Talking Body, will this be her third time charm?

This month's entry titled Sweettalk my Heart is the fifth single taken from Nilsson's fourth studio album Sunshine Kitty, released this September. The song, which combined with its modern yet timeless style clearly inspired by both 90's and 80's Pop, can nearly be described as something close to "Pop perfection" with its efficient verses, the catchy bridge and the almost ridiculously strong and melodic hook, all following Tove Lo's recipe and sense for creating great Pop tunes combined with her individual style, somewhat raspy and distinct vocals as well as her personal and raw lyrics on top of that setting her apart from many other Pop acts out there.

For many out there, Tove Lo is mostly known for her breakthrough hit and so far biggest international chart success, the 2013 Habits (Stay High), but aside from her own solo career she has also been co-writing songs for other artists with Ellie Goulding's 2015 Love Me Like You Do being one of her greatest successes chart-wise as a songwriter, as well as collaborated with various other music acts. Below find a list of some of her stand-out singles and collaborations to date:

Stay High [2013] <- famous remix of Habits (Stay High) by American duo Hippie Sabotage
Not on Drugs [2014]
Heroes (We Could Be) [2014] <- together with Swedish DJ-Producer Alesso
Desire [2016] <- together with British group Years & Years
Close [2016] <- together with American singer Nick Jonas from the Jonas Brothers
Cool Girl [2016]
True Disaster [2016]
Bad as the Boys [2019] <- together with Finnish singer ALMA
Really Don't Like U [2019] <- together with Australian singer Kylie Minogue

LYRICS:

A-lister

Veteran
Considering the competition in this edition, I am satisfied with Sweden's results, yes I would lie if I said I didn't think we had a winner candidate this time around, but it's all right, it's still one of our best results this year so far and the third time in total we managed a top.5 spot this year :mrgreen:

Thank you to everyone that supported the Swedish entry in the FSC#128 - October 2019 edition ! xhug

90 pts

:10: :my:
:8: :hr:
:7: :tr:
:6: :at: :ca: :it: :ru:
:5: :dk: :ro: :za: :uk:
:4: :az:
:2: :no: :ua:
:1: :cz:

:10: :za:
:8: :ua:
:7: :ch:
:6: :es:
:5: :it:
:4: :pl:
:2: :hu:

A-lister

Veteran
:se: FSC#129 - November 2019 :se:

Darin
Hög

RcqVrBR.jpg

It's time to go back to the Swedish language for this edition and also for another comeback to the FSC, this time around with singer Darin, who came third back in the FSC#83 - January 2016 edition with the entry Lagom.

Darin Zanyar shot to fame in Sweden at the age of 16 when he became the runner-up in the first ever season of Swedish Idol back in 2004, which was followed by his debut single Money for Nothing (co-written by Swedish singer Robyn (FSC#118) among others) and later on his debut album The Anthem in 2005, both releases topping the official Swedish Singles and Album charts respectively back then. Seven studio albums later, six of which also topped the Swedish album charts, as well a bunch of radio and charts hits and one attempt at representing Sweden at the Eurovision Song Contest in 2010 when Darin ended up 4th in the final of national selection Melodifestivalen, Darin has clearly established himself as one of the bigger local names on the Swedish Pop scene.

This month's entry Hög (High) is a stand-alone single that got released back in the end of March this year and is simply a catchy, well-produced, Pop tune in Sweden, and is probably going to be included on Darin's upcoming third Swedish language studio album.

LYRICS:

A-lister

Veteran
Yet another top. 5 for Sweden, I'm satisfied with that and didn't really know what to expect but anything within the top. 10 in this edition is fine with me and realistic :mrgreen:

Thank you to everyone that supported the Swedish entry in the FSC#129 - November 2019 edition ! xhug

92 pts

:8: :de: :ru: :ch:
:7: :pl: :ro:
:6: :az: :bg: :id:
:5: :ba:
:3: :cy:
:2: :dk: :ma:
:1: :cz: :nl:

:12: :ua:
:8: :at:
:7: :no:
:6: :de:
:5: :us:
:4: :il:
:3: :az:
:2: :ma:
:1: :id:

A-lister

Veteran
:se: FSC#130 - December 2019 :se:

Veronica Maggio
Solen har gått ner

FwPQzXH.jpg

To close this year, Sweden is slowing down the tempo again and invites singer-songwriter Veronica Maggio back to the contest for a fifth time. This marks the first time a ballad with the singer is being entered to the contest with the song Solen har gått ner (The sun has set), taken from the Maggio's sixth studio album Fiender är tråkigt (Enemies are Boring).

Since her 2006 debut single Dumpa mig (Dump Me), she has become one Sweden's most successful and popular singers with four #1 albums and various music awards.

An outtake of Maggio's most known singles:

Nöjd? (Satisfied?) [2006]
Måndagsbarn (Monday Child) [2008]
Jag kommer (I'm Coming) [2011] FSC26 - April 2011
Välkommen in (Welcome Inside) [2011]
Sergels torg (Sergel's Square) [2013] FSC57 - November 2013
Hela huset (The Whole House) [2013] FSC64 - June 2014
Låtsas som det regnar (Pretend as if it Rains) [2013]
Vi mot världen (We Against the World) [2016] FSC89 - July 2016
Tillfälligheter (Coincidences) [2019]

LYRICS:

A-lister

Veteran
Can't lie and say I'm not a bit disappointed by this month's results for Sweden, not the best way to end the year but hopefully 2020 will bring some more successes to us...

Thank you to everyone that supported the last Swedish entry in 2019 though ! xhug

45 pts

:10: :ca:
:8: :ie: :il: :no:
:4: :fr: :es:
:2: :at:
:1: :tr:

:12: :uk:
:10: :ch:
:8: :za:
:7: :rs:
:6: :ph:
:5: :ro:
:4: :lv:
:3: :ie:
:2: :il:

A-lister

Veteran
SWEDEN in FSC 2019

ucNQfOM.jpg

#119 January: Ludomir feat. Josef Johansson - Äventyr 15th
#120 February: Vargas & Lagola - Roads 5th
#121 March: Anna Leone – If You Only 8th
#122 April: Smith & Thell (feat. Swedish Jam Factory) – Forgive Me Friend 1st
#123 May: Felix Sandman – Imprint 23th
#124 June: Tungevaag & Raaban (feat. Luana Kiara) – Bad Boy 26th
#125 July: Molly Sandén– Det bästa kanske inte hänt än 15th
#126 August: NEIKED (feat. Miriam Bryant)– How Did I Find You 27th
#127 September: Peg Parnevik – Break Up a Bit 10th
#128 October: Tove Lo – Sweettalk my Heart 5th
#129 November: Darin – Hög 5th
#130 December: Veronica Maggio – Solen har gått ner 22nd

In 2019, I tried to once again present a diverse side of Swedish music while still staying true to my own taste, with both ballads and uptempo songs and everything in between in different styles. Just as in 2018, 1/3 of the entries were in local language (this time all in native Swedish). Results-wise this year was a bit of a dip compared to 2018 though, with "only" half of the entries ending up in the top. 10, however while 2018 had two top. 3 spots, this was evened out with the first victory for Sweden in nearly 2 years back in April 2019!

Looking forward to a new year and decade to share more Swedish music with you and to discover new music from your countries as well!

:se::se::se::se::se::se:

SWEDEN'S TOP. 10 RECEIVERS - 2019 [change since 2018 year-end chart]
1 [NEW] : :uk: 70pts
2 [NEW] : :il: 62pts
3 [-2] : :ua: 46pts
4 [-1] : :bg: 38pts
5 [NEW] : :br: 27pts
6 [-1] : :es: 26pts
7 [NEW] : :ch: 23pts
8 [NEW] : :dk: 22pts
9 [-7] : :rs: 21pts
10 [NEW] : :hu: 20pts

SWEDEN'S TOP. 10 SUPPORTERS - 2019 xrose [change since 2018 year-end chart]
1 [+6] : :il: 79pts @Israeliboy
2 [NEW] : :cy: 46pts @CypriotGirl
3 [NEW] : :uk: 42pts @theditz83 @AshleyWright
4 [+5] : :ch: 38pts @NicoRobin @Klonoa
5 [NEW] : :za: 37pts @aardvark
6 [NEW] : :ee: 35pts @eerik
7 [-3] : :tr: 34pts @thevoice @tugberkic
8 [NEW] : :ph: 32pts @MrGerbear @Eulaliya
9 [NEW] : :ma: 27pts [4x, 1x12] @Charly
10 [-9] : :it: 27pts [4x, 1x10] @elanyvx @Krishoes

SWEDEN'S 12-POINTERS - 2019

January: :ro: Alexandra Ungureanu - Vântule 8th
February: :pt: Luís Sequeira - Se ao menos eu te odiasse 12th
March: :il: Noa Kirel - Drum 3rd
April: :ie: Dermot Kennedy - Power Over Me 2nd
May: :ca: Carly Rae Jepsen - Party For One 9th
June: :de: Iveta Mukuchyan - Hayastani axjikner (Armenian Girls) 2nd
July: :il: Miri Mesika feat. E-Z - Megahed Alaich 9th
August: :us: Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper - Shallow 3rd
September: :ru: Artur Pirozhkov - Zacepila 3rd
October: :il: Eliad - Masa (Journey) 9th
November: :ua: TAYANNA - Yak plakala vona 21st
December: :uk: Dua Lipa - Don't Start Now 4th

{ @WhoKnows @DJNightingale @94ayd @anaraqueen @chontono @B3stbeats @Ausesken @Kicker @Zorjan @choda @xymothe @Gera11 @JSSArcos @Courtzer @JChan @FabiESC @marc @Staewi @Mainshow @Gabor77 @Shmelsasha }

Last edited:

A-lister

Veteran
:se: FSC#131 - January 2020 :se:

LÉON

You and I

LWp93Wr.jpg

PRESENTATION:

Sweden is starting out this new year and decade with a big timeless-styled Pop song which draws inspiration from artists like Adele and classical Pop sounds stemming all the way back to the 1960's Motown going through 1970's glam to the big 1980's Pop ballads.

LÉON is the stage name of 26-year old Lotta Lindgren who is yet fairly unknown to the masses but debuted with the single Tired of Talking back in 2015, and after a handful of EP releases including tracks such as the 2017 single I Believe in Us, she finally released her self-titled debut album in 2019 where also this edition's entry is taken from.

LYRICS:

Last edited:

A-lister

Veteran
As for the last Swedish results, it's great to be back in the top. 5 after the previous flop, although I was still hoping for better... anyhow....

Thank you to everyone that supported the Swedish entry in the first edition of 2020 ! xhug

116 pts

:12: :ba: :lt: :ro:
:10: :cz: :za: :uk:
:7: :no:
:6: :at: :ua:
:5: :ch:
:4: :it: :pl:
:3: :ph:
:2: :br: :bg: :ie:
:1: :fr: