Contact us

FSC Song Suggestions Thread [Post links, not videos]

AlekS

Veteran
^ Thank you. I was just thinking today about submitting ШУМ to our Vidbir xthink :)

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
:uk: @theditz83

I want to see Steps back in the FSC as well, how about instead

Steps - What The Future Holds

It is another of their wonderful new Euro-bangers from late 2020 and should be an original (says on Wikipedia it was written by Greg Kurstin, an American record producer and songwriter, and Australian singer-songwriter Sia).

xup

theditz83

Veteran
Thanks @Malagant - I had intended on putting it into consideration as Steps are a favourite group of mine, but when I noticed you had used it as an interval act for one of the previous editions (no issue, it was great to see it!) I decided not to send that song.

Obviously Something In Your Eyes was a cover of a Melodifestivalen song by Jenny Silver but the third official single from the WTFH album is also awesome and is co-written with the talented MNEK so watch this space... ;)

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
Thanks @Malagant - I had intended on putting it into consideration as Steps are a favourite group of mine, but when I noticed you had used it as an interval act for one of the previous editions (no issue, it was great to see it!) I decided not to send that song.

Obviously Something In Your Eyes was a cover of a Melodifestivalen song by Jenny Silver but the third official single from the WTFH album is also awesome and is co-written with the talented MNEK so watch this space... ;)
@theditz83 Sounds interesting, but keep in mind that just because I use a song as Opening/Closing act in one of my FSC Shows does not mean the song cannot be entered in competition later ;) It will be like many other songs that members will have heard different places - f.ex. also in WV or NSC - and might be excited to see compete in FSC xup

theditz83

Veteran
Of course I understand that this wouldn't be against the rules of the contest, but I guess my personal aim when putting forward songs to my fellow co-juror is to aim to share songs that aren't as well-known or haven't yet been given the chance to shine in the Forum Song Contest yet, whether that's as an interval act or as an entry.

Watch this space ;)

Top Bottom