Contact us

FSC song stuck in my head today

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member

:uk: UK Winner FSC #98. I heard it being played over the speakers at a shopping mall today. Cool! xlove

Mainshow

Veteran
After yesterday's LL session, the latest winner "To Be Human" by Marina :uk: got stuck in my head.
Flawless track!

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member

FSC #91 Winner - September 2016 - :pl: Sylwia Grzeszczak - Tamta Dziewczyna. Cool FSC-nostalgia :cool:

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member

FSC #107 Winner - January 2018 - :ma: Faouzia - My Heart’s Grave. I never tire of this brilliant song xlove

Staewi

:se: 128
It happens regularly that my jury collegues vote my #1 of the month out of our top ten, but this was definetly one of the sadder times. At least this gem got a good place anyway. xlove

hawadharma

FSC #105 Norway - November 2017 - Ina Wroldsen - St. Peter

I just found the backstory behind this song, and it shooked my to tears.
This song has been playing in my head ever since, and it befits the situation in which the world is in today.

When Ina Wroldsen traveled to Rwanda with Plan, she was not prepared for all the fates she was going to meet. As a mother in a resource-rich country like Norway, it is difficult to imagine the despair and fear of parents with children who are so sick that they can hardly breathe anymore. Help is waiting. There is no space, time or resources to save everyone. One of the fates Ina met in Rwanda shook her so hard that it became a song. A song that tells a story so strong that it takes your breath away.

“My trip to Rwanda with Plan was tougher than I could have imagined, and that afternoon at the hospital with Little Bertie was so heartbreakingly surreal that it somehow felt like it wasn't happening at all.

A woman my age was sitting in the queue outside the "hospital" when we arrived, and for some reason our eyes met. I've never seen such sad and desperate eyes before ..

Her gaze joined me in the infirmary with Bertie, and after a little while, it began to bump into deadly sick kids with their parents.

Number three in line was a little boy named Peter. He was completely apathetic. His mother came in with a little baby tied in a towel on her back, she was the woman with her eyes from the queue.

When Peter's little body was about to give up, he wore on, and she began to panic. Her baby was screaming all the time, so I took him while she took Peter to the toilet to wash him.

I stood there in the sun in a beautiful country, working on my own tears (they help no one) as I feverishly tried to calm the child in my arms, with no luck, with "Mikkel reef" and "Bæ bæ little lamb".

I saw a mother who could have been me, without any kind of help or safety net; try washing his hot feverish boy with cold water on a soil floor ..

I'll never forget it.

When we had to leave, she took my hand, looked at me with that look again and said "God bless you". I thought that this is hell and that there is no God here, only demons in the form of mosquitoes, hunger and bacteria.

It couldn't be more unfair.

I had a line of text in my head, in the car on the way back and it was "In the middle of hell lies a little St. Peter" ..

I returned to the house and wrote the song. Right from the heart. And I prayed. Because there, in that situation, there was nothing else to do.

That's the most fucking thing I've been to. "

Ina Wroldsen

Zorjan

FSC Mod
Staff member
I've spent the past month watching all 8 seasons of "Game of Thrones" :D
"The Winds of Winter" was one of my favorites back in FSC #94 :D

hawadharma

FSC #144 - :id: - February 2021 - Soimah "Jagad Anyar Kang Dumadi"

If this is not a masterpiece for you, I don't know what is.

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
FSC #141 November 2020 :my: Ernie Zakri - Gundah

Was listening to this song again today, imo one of the best you ever sent to FSC,
@hawadharma xlove (my top favourite is still the gorgeous Nisan Cinta though ;))

hawadharma

:se: August 2017 - song is too catchy, played this in the morning, and it's still ringing in my head before I sleep :lol:

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member

A classic FSC-banger, I hadn't played it for a while but I listened to some former FSC-
winner favourites today and this has again stuck in my head for hours on end.. xlove

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
:me: Andrea Demirovic & Bojan Jovovic - Proljece

My 2nd favourite FSC-song of 2021 and my favourite Montenegro-entry in FSC ever, it
remains on my playlist to this day, a wonderful melody and a beautiful music video xheart

Top Bottom