FSC Promotions Thread

hawadharma

:my:

FSC JANUARY 2023
MALAYSIA

Artist: Hazama feat. Tuju
Song: Fasa"

maxresdefault.jpg

Hazama Azmi (Hazama) has been around Malaysian music scene since 2004, when he became a favorite contestant of reality singing competition Akademi Fantasia 4 albeit being eliminated early. However, he got another chance to join Akademi Fantasia 9 in 2009 and eventually become the champion. Well known for his raspy melodious voice and likeable personality, his singles include "Penglipurlara", "Malaikat", "Di Amaran Mama", "Relakan Jiwa" and many others. He temporarily joined indie group Meet Uncle Hussain as vocalist with the hit single "Pokok". His talent extends outside singing; he also acted in several movies and TV sitcoms. He is also a frequent finalist in Anugerah Juara Lagu (AJL) but sadly has never won any awards. He is now happily married to renowned musician, Genervie Kam and has appeared in many projects together with his wife.

This song "Fasa" (Phases) featuring rapper Tuju, is his latest single in 2022. It is a melancholic rock ballad track with deep lyrics which narrates the story of phases in a broken relationship.

Lyrics (with English Translation)

kau menanti tiba saat berdua / you waited for us to be alone
tapi sendiri ku merasa kau berat sebelah terhadap ku / but I feel you're biased against me
kau sengaja palsu kan sementara / you faked our brief moment
untuk belajar tentang cinta kau sempurnakannya bersama mu / to learn about love, you complete it yourself

Bridge:

hitam putih datang lawa kan seri / black and white, comes to beautify our decorations
hitam putih liku berlalu pergi / black and white, obstacles fade away

Chorus:
fasa masa bersuka indahnya / the happiness phase is so beautiful
dengar ayat manis yang kau puja / hearing the sweet words that you admire
fasa masa berduka derita / the sadness phase is so painful
kau tinggalkan ku fasa seterusnya / you left me in the next phase

bila aku ada peluang masa / when I have the chance
untuk bicara tentang kita dan / to talk about us and
mula lah kau senyap membisu / you start to kept your silence
jadi aku bertukar-tukar warna / so I change my colours
cari sebenar-benar warna kau buka hati mu terima ku / to find the real colours to open your heart, to accept me

(repeat bridge & chorus)

Tuju
:
kejora cinta itu nyata persis / the fallen star of love is like
warna dunia yang takkan habis / unlimited colours of the world
berapa batu beribu destinasi / no matter how many thousand miles to destination
hala tuju yang saling berganti / the direction kept changing
berarak memori, buku jiwa hati / memories linger in the book of heart and soul
kita mewarna, dunia mewarni / we colour and the world coloured us
jadi ku terima segala takdir / so I accept all fate
dengan warna warna hidup ku / with my life colours

bangkit di awal kejora / got up at the early sight of star
jalan ku jauh / I have a long winding road ahead
suara ku merana / my voice suffers
rasa ku jatuh / my feelings sunk
noktah, titik, ini rasa, empati / full stop, the end of this empathy
ubah masa tak mampu / I can't change the past
fasa lalu berlalu waktu demi waktu / so phases passed time after time

(repeat bridge & chorus)

heke1988

FSC 167 January

:fi::fi:Poets of the Fall - Requiem for My Harlequin:fi::fi:

poets-of-the-fall-2022.jpg

Poets of the Fall
Poets of the Fall is Finnish alternate rock and indie rock band from Helsinki. Poets of the Fall main members are: Marko Saaresto (Vocalist), Olli Tukiainen (Guitar) and Markus Kaarlonen (Keyboards). Gig band members are: Jaska Mäkinen (Guitar and Backing Vocalist), Jani Snellman (Bass) and Jari Salminen (Drums). Poets of the Fall has been active since 2003. Their golden age was beginning of 2000, when they published their biggest albums: Signs of Life (2005) and Carnival of Rust (2007). Also Poets of The Fall's songs has been video game music: Late Goodbye in Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne and War in Alan Wake.

Now Poets of the Fall is representing Finland on FSC 167 January with their song "Requiem of My Harlequin". "Requiem for My Harlequin" is a robust rock-melancholic drama song, which is rolling forward sparkling and bellowing as fierce carnival parade. So enjoy, when Poets of the Fall takes you to the carnival parade!

Lyrics:

Requiem for My Harlequin

[Verse 1]
This is a requiem, for the harlequin
The great pretender, crashin' down with style
Here's to the fall of man, fame to dust
To fortune, to sand
The great surrender finally arrived

[Chorus]
This is how the requiem loves the harlequin
Wake up, your chains are porcelain
Like a phoenix from the ashes we will rise again
This is what the requiem loves to hear you sing
To the beat of your fool hеart hammering
One more timе, we'll cry into the night again, woah

[Post-Chorus]
(Woah, woah!)
(Woah, yeah!)
(Woah, woah!)

[Verse 2]
This is a requiem for the comedian
The one who used to deftly dodge in time
You cut a sparkling gem, never heedin' the warning
Of the silver glint of knives in hungry eyes

[Chorus]
This is how the requiem loves the harlequin
To the beat of your fool heart hammering
One more time, we'll cry into the night again, woah

[Post-Chorus]
(Woah, woah!)
(Woah, yeah!)
(Woah, woah!)

[Bridge]
So how does it feel now?
Tell me can you let it go?
The wrong you can't undo
So how does it feel now?
Tell me can, you let it go?
The wrong you can't undo

[Chorus]
This how the requiem loves the harlequin
Breaking up this heart of porcelain
From the ashes we will rise again
One more time, we'll cry into the night again
This is how the requiem loves a harlequin
One more time, we'll cry into the night again, woah

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
xptC4rp.gif

FSC Norway - February 2023 - Ulrikke - Feels Like Home

hAM3ZFT.jpg

Representing Norway in February 2023 is a New Artist for Norway in FSC, the talented MGP-famous pop-singer, songwriter and musical artist Ulrikke. Here is some more information about her.

Ulrikke Brandstorp (born July 1995 in Sarpsborg, Norway), more commonly known as Ulrikke, is a Norwegian pop-singer, songwriter and musical actress. She is known for participating in the Norwegian singing competitions PopIDOL (2013), The Voice (2015), Stjernekamp (2018) and in 2020 as a participant (“Trollet”) and subsequent winner of the TV show Maskorama (Masked Singer).

She participated in Melodi Grand Prix 2017, in which she finished in fourth place with the song “Places”. In 2019, she played the role of Liesl in the musical The Sound of Music, performed in the Folketeateret in Oslo. In 2020, she won Melodi Grand Prix 2020 with the song “Attention” and was supposed to represent Norway in the Eurovision Song Contest 2020 held in Rotterdam, The Netherlands, before the contest was cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

She was offered a direct entry to the finals of Melodi Grand Prix 2021 in February that year but declined the offer to compete. She instead returned as a guest, performing at the final a new version of “Attention”, and also her single “Falling Apart”.

She released many other singles in the period 2017 to 2020 incl. “Play With”, “Sick of Love”, “Careless”, “Shallow” (with Ben Adams), and “Cry”. In November 2020 she released her debut album, a Christmas album called “Spend Christmas with Me” from which she released a single in Norwegian called “Nyttårsnatt” (with Norwegian singer-songwriter Trygve Skaug).

In 2023 she has participated once again in Norwegian MGP with a song called “Honestly” and has reached the Norwegian final as 1 of 9 entries. It remains to be seen how she will do in the final in February. She has also released several singles in the past year including a song called “Young” and a catchy pop-song called “Feels Like Home” (released in September 2022). This is the song chosen by the Norwegian jury as the Norwegian entry here in FSC February 2023.

We will without doubt hear more from this talented singer, songwriter and musical artist in the years to come.

The Norwegian entry for FSC #168 February 2023, called “Feels Like Home”, is a catchy and melodic pop-song performed by Ulrikke. The Norwegian jury is happy to enter Ulrikke in the FSC for Norway.

Below are the lyrics in English. Hope you’ll enjoy the Norwegian entry for February 2023!
tqcd9Op.gif

yQwRxUC.gif

Ulrikke - Feels Like Home

Same place
Tryna get by
Same face
Tryna fake a smile
Wish I was somewhere else

Damn train
In the A.M.
Grey days
Oh my god, here we go again
Wish I was somewhere else

Now I know that
It's just somebody
That I used to be
I was lost, No, that ain't me

Cause I was...
Fine on the surface
Inside I was broken
Nowhere to call my own
When I'm with you it feels like home

Losing my purpose
A drop in the ocean
I know where I belong
Now I'm with you it feels like home

When I’m with you it feels like home

Hard times
Got me moving slow
My life, misaligned
From the get go
No, it wasn't making sense

Now I know that
It's just somebody
That I used to be
I was lost, No, that ain't me

Cause I was...
Fine on the surface
Inside I was broken
Nowhere to call my own

Losing my purpose
A drop in the ocean
I know where I belong

When I’m with you

I was lost and I
Didn't know my mind
Left that all behind

And I knew it had to change
Heard you say my name
Took my hand, took my heart
Brought me back again

Fine on the surface
Inside I was broken
Nowhere to call my own

Losing my purpose
A drop in the ocean
I know where I belong

Losing my purpose
A drop in the ocean
I know where I belong
Now I’m with you it feels like home

Id2mrPs.gif

-M​

Geborgenheit

Waterflower - Mycelium (Step By Step)

Waterflower-Mycelium-Step-By-Step-cover-art-800x445.jpg

In July 2022, the Latvian artist and musician Sabīne Moore released under her project name "Waterflower" the eco-futuristic mushroom-music song "Mycelium (Step By Step)". Using science as a source of inspiration, bio-data obtained from Latvian forest chanterelles was involved in the creation of the song. The obtained data were converted into musical information using a special tool (Plantwave).

The artist Sabīne Moore says the following about the project: "This time I recorded the song / filmed the video in one unit - it was not planned, but somehow it happened. And somehow it turned out pretty cool (I think so). The song is created from the bio data of chanterelle mushrooms and mycelium found in the wild, lyrically inspired by the mutual accessibility of people through the Internet. The song's visual identity and music video are inspired by the sounds of a 'mushroom musical instrument' that sounds a bit like a dial-up internet access from the 90s.

Today is the first day of Spring and I invite you to celebrate the Spring with this song!​

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
xptC4rp.gif

FSC Norway - March 2023 - Röyksopp ft. Susanne Sundfør - Oh, Lover

UzoXGOp.jpg

Representing Norway in FSC March 2023, and returning to FSC for Norway, is the accomplished and popular Norwegian Electro-Pop duo Röyksopp. They are back in another musical collaboration with the popular and talented Norwegian singer-songwriter Susanne Sundfør. Here is some more information about them.

Röyksopp is a Norwegian Electro-Pop duo from Tromsø, Norway. The group consists of the members Svein Berge and Torbjørn Brundtland. Röyksopp was formed in 1998. The word ‘röyksopp’ is alas a stylized version of the Norwegian word for the ‘puffball mushroom’, “røyksopp”. The band has stated that the word could also evoke the mushroom cloud resulting from an atomic blast. They have experimented with different genres within electronic music.

Since their 1998 debut, the duo has gained critical acclaim and popular success around the world. Röyksopp has been nominated for 1 Grammy Award, Brit Awards, and won a total of 7 Spellemannprisen awards (Norwegian ‘Grammys’). They have toured around the world.

Albums: “Melody A.M.” (2001), “The Understanding” (2005), “Junior” (2009), “Senior” (2010), “Do It Again” (EP 2014), “The Inevitable End” (2014), “Lost Tapes” (2019 singles), “Profound Mysteries” (2022), “Profound Mysteries 2” (2022), “Profound Mysteries 3 (2022)”.

FSC entries as of December 2022: “The Girl And The Robot” (June 2009 ft. Robyn), “Running To The Sea” (March 2013 ft. Susanne Sundfør), “Do It Again” (July 2014 ft. Robyn), “Monument: Remix” (February 2015 ft. Robyn), “Never Ever” (January 2017 ft. Susanne Sundfør), “If You Want Me” (September 2022 ft. Susanne Sundfør).

Röyksopp ‘semi’retired’ from the music business in 2015 but returned some years later as can be seen from the discography above. They are active again with the 3 albums released in 2022.

A popular song on the album “Profound Mysteries 2” (2022) was the melodic and catchy Electro-pop song “Oh, Lover” which again featured Susanne Sundfør on vocals. This is the song chosen by the Norwegian jury as the Norwegian entry here in FSC March 2023.

Röyksopp are a talented and popular Norwegian Electro-pop duo who keep reinventing themselves in their artistry and we will for sure see and hear more of them in the future.

Susanne Aartun Sundfør (born 1986 in Haugesund, Norway) is a popular and acclaimed Norwegian pop-artist & singer-songwriter. She released 5 studio albums between 2007-2015. In February 2008 she was awarded Spellemannprisen (Norwegian Grammy) for best female performance. In 2010 her 3rd album “The Brothel” was released to great critical / national acclaim. Her musical style was by now quite ‘experimental and atmospheric’ and emphasized by her distinct beautiful vocals. In 2012 she released the album “The Silicone Veil”, and in 2017 the album “Music for People in Trouble”. She has also collaborated on several songs by Röyksopp, incl. “Running To The Sea”, “Never Ever” and more recently in 2022 with “If You Want Me”. In 2023 she sang vocals on the song “Oh, Lover”. She has also taken part as a solo artist for Norway in FSC. We are sure to see more of her musical talent in the coming years.

The Norwegian entry for FSC March 2023, “Oh, Lover”, by Röyksopp ft. Susanne Sundfør on vocals, is a melodic and catchy mid-tempo Electro-pop song written by Röyksopp themselves. The Norwegian jury is happy to enter Röyksopp again in the FSC for Norway.

Below are the lyrics in English. Hope you’ll enjoy the Norwegian entry for March 2023!
tqcd9Op.gif

yQwRxUC.gif

Röyksopp ft. Susanne Sundfør - Oh, Lover

I'm trying to go forward
I'm trying to forget
Our time inside the bubble
The hours that we spent

But lover
You made me feel like no other
Touching me deeper than others
Making me feel I was wanted

Like elongated shadows
The days will never end
I'm looking at your number
I wonder, should I dare?

Oh, my lover

I'm looking at your number
I wonder, should I dare?
I know I shouldn't bother
I know it isn't fair

Oh, my lover

Id2mrPs.gif

-M​

hawadharma

FSC MARCH 2023
MALAYSIA

Artist: Aisha Retno
Song: "Sutera"

lirik%20lagu%20melayu%202022%20aisha%20retno%20sutera.jpg

kain sutera ini (this silk cloth),
seputih hati ini (is as white as my heart),
namun coretan pilumu (but your sad words)
telah layukan sucinya (has tainted its purity)
benang-benang keagungan diriku ini (threads of dignity on my body)

Bridge:
mindaku mengembara di awang-awangan (my mind travels in the skies)
macam merpati sejoli dah berterbangan (like a pair of pigeons flying high)
realitinya si putri keseorangan (the reality is, this Princess is lonely)

Chorus:
oh mekarlah, bertahanlah (oh bloom, and survive)
walau badai hadir jua (even when storm comes)
oh mekarlah, jernihkanlah (oh flourish, and purify)
buang luka jiwa raga (heal your wounds, soul and body)
bak kain sutera (like a silk cloth)

jangan pernah engkau cemarkan batin suteraku
(don't ever taint my silky soul)

hangelangut bebasan tanpo tepi (freedom without edges)
ngulandoro ngamboro nguggahi gunung (soaring across the mountains)
bak kain sutera (like a silk cloth)

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
xptC4rp.gif

FSC Norway - April 2023 - Thomas Bergersen ft. Merethe Soltvedt - Night Queen

hvVSyK0.jpg

Representing Norway in April 2023, and returning to the FSC for Norway, is the talented and famous Norwegian Cinematic Music Composer Thomas Bergersen, this time featuring Norwegian singer Merethe Soltvedt on vocals. Here is some more information about him.

Thomas Jacob Bergersen (born 4th July 1980, Trondheim, Norway), professionally known as Thomas Bergersen, is a well known Norwegian music composer, multi-instrumentalist, and also the co-founder of the production music company and music project Two Steps From Hell (which also has participated for Norway in FSC). Bergersen’s compositions have featured in many motion picture campaigns, such as Avatar, Pirates of the Caribbean, The Twilight Saga, Harry Potter, The Da Vinci Code, The Dark Knight, Tron: Legacy and hundreds more. Bergersen has scored over one thousand soundtracks and film trailers in all, an impressive feat.

He started his musical career as a demoscener, writing tracked modules under the name Lioz in the group Index. The release of a 2007 trance-style single titled “Remember September” saw Bergersen team with fellow Norwegian artist Boom Jinx.

In May 2010, Bergersen and his business partner, Nick Phoenix, released a debut public Epic Music Two Steps From Hell album titled ‘Invincible’, featuring some of their most popular tracks, including “Freedom Fighters” and “Heart of Courage”. Several additional commercial album releases have since followed, including ‘Archangel’ and ‘SkyWorld’.

2011 saw the release of a solo-produced album/soundtrack from Thomas Bergersen, titled ‘Illusions’. His second solo public album called ‘Sun’ was released in September 2014 and had many popular tracks including the epic song ‘Empire of Angels’. With his epic cinematic style he was gaining a following around the world, both with his solo-work, his many motion picture/movie-compositions, and also with his Two Steps From Hell collaboration.

He has also released several commercial singles since 2011, including "Heart” and “The Hero in Your Heart,” for disaster relief after several extreme nature tragedies in the world. He has also composed a fair amount of music which has not ever been commercially released.

In March of 2020 the 7 part album series ‘Humanity’ was announced. ‘Humanity’ is intended to be a 7 part album series exploring all aspects of human emotion. In July 2020 the album ‘Humanity - Chapter I’ was released to acclaim. One of the epic and beautiful songs on this new album was the song ‘Mountain Call” which was the Norwegian entry in FSC November 2020. That same month he released the 2nd album in his series, called “Humanity - Chapter 2”. It included the popular epic musical piece called “We Are Legends”, a fan favourite.

In May 2021 he released the 3rd album in his series, called “Humanity - Chapter 3”. One of the beautiful epic cinematic songs on this new album was “Red” which was the Norwegian entry in June 2021. In September 2021 he released “Humanity - Chapter 4” which had the theme “Planet Earth”. He continued his work with the 5th Chapter of his “Humanity”-series which is to be released now in April 2023. The 1st single from this forthcoming album which was released in February 2023 is an epic cinematic song called “Night Queen” which features the Norwegian singer Merethe Soltvedt on vocals (she has sung vocals on many melodies by Thomas Bergersen before and is a talented singer with beautiful crystal-clear vocals). This is the song chosen by the Norwegian jury as the Norwegian entry here in FSC April 2023.

Thomas Bergersen will continue to work on his monumental “Humanity” project and we will without doubt be able to enjoy many new beautiful compositions of his in the time to come.

The Norwegian entry for FSC April 2023, “Night Queen”, by Thomas Bergersen ft. Merethe Soltvedt on vocals, is a beautiful grand epic cinematic melody written by Thomas Bergersen. The Norwegian jury is happy to enter Thomas Bergersen again in the FSC for Norway.

Below are the lyrics in English. Hope you’ll enjoy the Norwegian entry for April 2023!
tqcd9Op.gif

yQwRxUC.gif

Thomas Bergersen ft. Merethe Soltvedt - Night Queen

She’s the Queen of the Night
For our god and king, she'll fight
And relentlessly she walks
To the edge of the world

Through the fire and flames
Through her enemies' remains
They will see her glory now

Shadows will call her name
In her darkest time but
Light will come break the pain
And once more she’ll cut
The final piece of the truth
That is holding her back
Endlessly and eternally

To the edge of the world

They will see her glory
Tell her story

Of the terror and disaster
Of the legendary master

And was born from the ashes of dry tears
Never knew what a life she could lead
Came of age, in a time of sorrow
Born to light, light our way, home

To the edge of the world

They will see her glory now
Tell her story now

Id2mrPs.gif

-M​

hawadharma

FSC APRIL 2023
MALAYSIA

Artist: Aina Abdul
Song: "Terus Hidup" (Keep On Living)

ab67616d0000b2737f7cd014aa914e94cdc92eee

Aina Abdul is a story of how perseverance and hardwork breeds success. She starts off as a bar singer, where her talents are almost unnoticed. She tried her luck in a singing reality show 'Mentor' where she became runner up under mentorship of Malaysia Rock Queen, Ella. She continues to struggle in the music industry for her ordinary looks and fashion style. Aina did not give up and continue to produce mainstream and indie singles such as "Ini Yang Kau Mahu", "Reminiscence", "Shadow", "Ghost" and "Ribut Hati". Her first breakthrough is when her self-composed song "Sumpah" qualifies for Anugerah Juara Lagu (AJL) finals in 2020. However, her 'bloody' performance (where she wears a white wedding dress which is slowly covered in fake blood) was highly criticised by Ministry of Health and thought to promote suicide among audience. She returns to AJL finals the following year with her song "Semalam" and emerged as runner up, and with "Sepi" in 2022 with the Best Vocals trophy.

This month's entry, "Terus Hidup" - translated as "Keep On Living", is her highest achievement where this song became champion of AJL 2023 and she garnered the Best Vocal trophy. This song is personal, as she dedicates it to her late father. This song also connects to anyone who has lost their loved ones and continues to keep living despite their sadness.

We are very proud to have "Terus Hidup" as the host song for FSC April 2023. Keep on living.

Kau menyinggah hati ini / You stopped by my heart
Tak pernah ku menyangka / But I never thought
Sekuat ini debaran hangat ragamu / Your presence felt so strong
Kau merubah segalanya / You changed everything
Ternyata aku kalah / I am truly defeated
Betapa kuatnya rasa / How strong is this feeling
Biar kau tiada di sisi / Even when you're not around

Chorus:
Takkan mati jiwaku / My soul will not die
Yang ada hanyalah rindu / Only the thought of you remains
Sungguh tak kuduga rasa ini / I cannot fathom this feeling
Meski takdir kita tak pasti / Even if our fates are uncertain
Ku setia di sini / I'll always be here
Doaku mengiringi kamu / My prayers are with you

Kau merubah segalanya / You changed everything
Sekeras hati ini / No matter how hard my heart is
Menolak untuk merasa / Rejecting all feelings
Tapi tidak cintamu / But not your love

(Repeat chorus)

Walau derita mimpi yang tiada penyudah / Even if this never ending dream is insufferable
Akan aku abadikan cinta yang menjarak antara kita / I will eternalise this love, which has distanced us
Biar berdarah air mata membisa / Let me bleed and cry tears of poison
Ku menjanji aku di sini / I promise to always be here

(Repeat chorus)

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
xptC4rp.gif

FSC Norway - May 2023 - Eline Noelia - Strings Attached

lnaFo7b.jpg

Representing Norway in May 2023 is a New Artist for Norway in FSC, the talented young Norwegian Scandipop-singer of some MGP-fame Eline Noelia. Here is some more information about her.

Eline Noelia Myreng, artist name Eline Noelia, is a 23-year-old artist and songwriter from Tønsberg, Norway. She comes from a very musical family, which naturally has left its mark on her own dreams.

It started with Christian pop and children’s albums, but she eventually moved into regular pop. As an artist, Eline is inspired by the catchy pop from the 2010s, Lady Gaga is one of her inspirations, but also legends from the 90s. Eline has worked with music full time for several years, including as a singer in the event industry. She has also spent considerable time in the studio.

When the Tønsberg girl studied pop music at Limpi, her career as a singer really begun and she became acquainted with the producer Audun Agnar Gulbrandsen. He is the man behind “Ecstasy”, the song which Eline participated with in MGP 2022. She got to the semi-final stage but got many fans both nationally and internationally.

Later in 2022 she released several new and popular songs incl. “Shockwave”, “Don’t Pray For Me”, “I’m Good” and “Unholy” ft. Falito.

In April 2023 she then released her newest song called “Strings Attached”, an extremely catchy melodic Scandipop-song with MF-Schlager vibes. This is the song chosen by the Norwegian jury here in FSC May 2023.

Eline Noelia is a young, energetic and upcoming talented artist from whom we will without doubt hear more in the future.

The Norwegian entry for FSC May 2023, called “Strings Attached”, is an extremely catchy and uplifting melodic Scandipop-song with some MF-Schlager vibes performed by Eline Noelia. The Norwegian jury is happy to enter Eline Noelia in the FSC for Norway.

Below are the lyrics in English. Hope you’ll enjoy the Norwegian entry for May 2023!
tqcd9Op.gif

yQwRxUC.gif

Eline Noelia - Strings Attached

You came and you changed the facts
Now I hope that there’s dreams attached
Baby, I think I can do without
I’m kinda hoping we got strings attached

I know you’re no compromise
This’ not my feathery favour

I like the taste of a guy
Who is gone when I wake up

The thought of coupling up
Is so complicated
But now I am starting to love
Everything that I’ve hated

Suddenly I see

I really hate though I love
But I like when we’ve dated
I really like what you have
But I prefer when you’re naked

I dream of us playing house
You can be Ken, I’ll be Barbie
Into the future with you
On the back of your Harley

Suddenly I see

Her faith in a one affair
Now I keep reaching for him
Baby tell me I can do without

Violins playing in harmony
Moonlight sonatas for you and me
Feels like a black and white movie scene

Suddenly I see

Her faith in a one affair
Now I keep reaching for him
Baby tell me I can do without

Tell me you can do without

Id2mrPs.gif

-M​

Geborgenheit

Katrīna Gupalo - Masas - FSC May 2023

Katrīna Gupalo is a Latvian singer of Ukrainian descent. She is known for her strong and sensual voice, composing music, playing the piano, producing music shows and acting. She is also the author of the song “Resistance” for the project Latvia for Ukraine.

Katrina-Gupalo-f-Janis-Romanovskis.jpg

In January 2023, Katrīna Gupalo released the single and the music video "Masas" which is completely dedicated to the topic of massage and reveals the entire therapy process from signing up for a session to ecstasy. The song was created to inspire listeners to prepare for the summer and festival season - take care of your body and soul, find time for yourself and get energy for new adventures.

Screenshot-2023-05-03-230557.png

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
xptC4rp.gif

FSC Norway - June 2023 - Mortemia ft. Ambre Vourvahis - The Hourglass

2UEH43o.jpg

Representing Norway in June 2023 is a New Artist for Norway in FSC, Sirenia-Morten Veland’s solo project called Mortemia this time featuring Metal singer Ambre Vourvahis on guest vocals. Here is some more information about them.

Mortemia is a music project created by Morten Veland, the founder of the Gothic/Symphonic Metal bands Sirenia and Tristania. At the age of 14 years he began saving to buy his first electric guitar. He would lock himself up and practice every day and night. Musically he was inspired by Guns N' Roses's ‘Appetite For Destruction’ and Alice Cooper's ‘Trash’ to make a career out of music and afterwards by f.ex. The Sisters of Mercy, Fields of the Nephilim, and The Mission.

In 1992 he entered the music scene when he was just 15 years. He and bandmate Kenneth Olsson, who would later form Tristania, formed Uzi Suicide. This period inspired his songwriting into a darker and gloomier musical feel. Fragments of Uzi Suicide turned into Tristania. In 1995 he co-founded Tristania and at 19 signed his first record deal. He released 2 albums & couple EP's with the band. Tristania became one of the leading acts in the genre.

After Tristania, in 2001 he formed his own band Sirenia which over the years have become a powerhouse in Symphonic Metal. Parallel to his work with Sirenia he began writing music which did not fit into Sirenia’s current musical concept and so he decided to create Mortemia, a solo-project on the side. He signed a contract with Napalm Records in 2009 and the first Mortemia-album, ‘Misere Mortem’, came in 2010. For the next 10 years he focused on Sirenia.

During the pandemic years (2019-21) he got time to focus on Mortemia again and started to make music. The result was an EP in 2022 called “The Pandemic Pandemonium Sessions” released for digital download. His music was now slightly less dark than before and featured different guest vocalists. Songs were f.ex. "The Enigmatic Sequel" (ft. Madeleine Liljestam), "Death Turns a Blind Eye" (ft. Marcela Bovio), and “Adrenalize” (ft. Caternina Nix).

In 2023 he released what he called "The Covid Aftermath Sessions", a sequel-project with songs like “Frozen” (ft. Federica Lanna), “The Endless Shore” (ft. Ulli Perhonen), and also the melodic Symphonic Rock/Metal song called “The Hourglass” (ft. Ambre Vourvahis). This is the song chosen by the Norwegian jury as the Norwegian entry here in FSC June 2023.

Ambre Vourvahis is a beautiful and talented half Greek, half French singer currently residing in Germany who comes from a background of singing in choirs and musicals. She joined as new vocalist of the famous German Symphonic Metal band Xandria in 2022. She collaborated with Morten Veland on Mortemia’s new song “The Hourglass” in 2023 singing the vocals on that track. She loves music and looks forward to the journey continuing in the coming years.

Morten Veland is a talented and prolific songwriter within Metal music and we will without doubt hear more from him both with Sirenia and Mortemia in the years to come.

The Norwegian entry for FSC June 2023, called “The Hourglass”, is a melodic Symphonic Rock/Metal song performed by Mortemia and with Ambre Vourvahis on beautiful guest vocals. The Norwegian jury is happy to enter Mortemia in the FSC for Norway.

Below are the lyrics in English. Hope you’ll enjoy the Norwegian entry for June 2023!
tqcd9Op.gif

yQwRxUC.gif

Mortemia ft. Ambre Vourvahis - The Hourglass

I stare into the hourglass
On a dark midwinter day
Year by year
The time slipped away

My thoughts drift back to distant times
And to faded memories
Back to mystic paths
And buried dreams

On a bleak horizon
And a deeper kind of sleep

Midwinter snow still falling
The lure of death keeps calling

Here in my darkest hour
My heart and soul devoured
Eternity, my time will come

All this time
I waited at the edge of sanity
For you to come along
And set me free

As time passed by day by day
I waited all my life away
As all my sanity led astray

Confine winter’s hide
Ever since you passed away

Here in my darkest hour

I waited at the ever elusive afterlife
At worst, you pass through here
And faded out of sight

Here in my darkest hour

Here in my darkest hour

Id2mrPs.gif

-M​

Kevan1994

For Canada's June 2023 entry, dopamine, I have submitted the official french version of the song to give some French representation in the contest. But if you wanted to check out the English version too (which I also really like) for an understanding of the lyrics, here it is: dopamine - English

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
xptC4rp.gif

FSC Norway - July 2023 - Gåte ft. Djerv - Svarteboka

4ufMkuB.jpg

Representing Norway in FSC July 2023, and returning to the FSC for Norway after 3 years, is the accomplished Norwegian Folk-rock band Gåte. Here is some more information about them.

Gåte (the word means ‘riddle’ in English) is a well known Norwegian Folk-rock band from near Trondheim, Norway. The band was formed in 1999/2000 by Sveinung Sundli (violin, keyboards) together with his little sister Gunnhild Sundli (vocals), Gjermund Landrø (bass), Martin Langlie (drums) and Magnus R Børmark (guitar/keyboards). They played Progressive Folk-rock with elements from metal and electronica and, above all, Norwegian Folk-music.

The band released their first EP ("Gåte") in 2000 gaining popularity. A 2nd EP, also self-titled, was released in 2002. Their first album, “Jygri”, gained a lot of media attention, particularly the wonderful distinctive voice of Gunnhild Sundli caught the interest of music journalists. The EP “Statt Opp (Maggeduliadei)” was released in 2003 and their second album, “Iselilja” in 2004.

In the following years they had active and inactive periods but after 2009 the band said they were taking a long break which lasted many years making many believe they had disbanded.

In 2016 Gåte began thinking of returning as an active band and they started writing new music. The first song was released in October 2017 as a single from a forthcoming EP “Attersyn”, the song “Stolt Solvår”. This was the Norwegian entry in FSC April 2018. A new album called “Svevn” was then released in November 2018. One of the songs on the album was the powerful Folk-rock song “Fanitullen”. This was the Norwegian entry in FSC April 2019.

They continued making music and a new single was released in October 2019, the popular Folk-rock song “Huldra”. This was the Norwegian entry in FSC July 2020. In 2021 they released an EP called “Til Nord” and later in the year an accompanying album called “Nord” with mostly new versions of some of their most famous songs. A new single called “Svik” was also released.

Two new songs were released in May 2023, a song called “Skarvane” and also the song “Svarteboka” which featured the singer Agnete Kjølsrud of the Norwegian Hard rock-band Djerv. The song was a powerful dark duet or “dance” on the theme of Darkness vs Light (personfied in the Devil and a Queen of Light) and this is the song chosen by the Norwegian jury as the Norwegian entry here in FSC July 2023.

Gåte are an important part of Norwegian Folk music tradition and are working on new music.

Djerv is a Norwegian hard rock band created in 2009. The head vocalist is Agnete Kjølsrud who used to be in a Norwegian band called Animal Alpha. Other members were Erlend Gjerde and Stian Kårstad. Their EP ”Headstone” came in 2010 and their debut-album in 2011. They took a break after 2014 but returned in 2020. Their music has had elements of rock, hard rock and black metal. In 2023 they collaborated with Gåte on the new single “Svarteboka”.

The Norwegian entry for FSC #173 July 2023, called “Svarteboka” (“The Black Book”), is a dark, intense and dramatic melodic piece of Norwegian Folk-rock by Norwegian Gåte. It all makes for powerful music accompanied by an equally powerful and dramatic artistic music video. The Norwegian jury is happy to enter Gåte again in the FSC for Norway.

Below are the lyrics in Norwegian language (Nynorsk/dialect) with a translation into English. Hope you’ll enjoy the Norwegian entry for July 2023!
tqcd9Op.gif

yQwRxUC.gif

Gåte ft. Djerv - Svarteboka

Queen of Light (with the Devil periodically whispering in parallel):

Eit rop i frå hel / A scream from hell
Mørket det batt / The Darkness encloaked
Forbanne di sjel / Curse your soul
Be nåde for dei som blir att / Pray for mercy for those left behind

Les ikkje i / Do not read
Fanden sitt ord / Into the words of the Devil
Da fer han fri / Then he will be let free
Du fer til trolldom si jord / And you will be trapped in spells

Med makt til å rå / With power to rule
Og skade ei verd / And harm a world
Ord som kan slå / Words that can hit you
Men ikkje før du tek i ferd / But not before you let them in

Vil du så fred / If you wish to create peace
Halde fram dyd / And remain pure
Fanden sitt kvad / The song of the Devil
Gjer deg sin skjendige fryd / Will please you against your will

Mørkt vil det bli / It will become dark
Vondemakt strir / The forces of Darkness will make war
Til du i mot berget rir / Until you ride against the mountain

Kva enn du vil / Whatever you want
Dreg du i frå / You must leave behind
Kva enn du får att / Whatever you gain
Er det mørkt omkring / There is dark around
Svart som evig natt / Black as eternal night

Devil response:

Men du dreg i frå, fordi eg har orda / But you leave because I speak
Eg kan gje deg alt du vil, når mørket blir til / I can give you everything, in Darkness
Men stemmen den brast / But the voice broke

Queen of Light:

Auge som såg / Eyes that saw
Uskuld som brann / Innocence that burned
Får ikkje gå / Cannot go on
Fredfulle livet det svann / Your peaceful life disappeared

Det vonde satt fri / The pain set free
Du har nytt kall / You have a new purpose
Født for å stri / Born to fight
Berget kan bøte ditt fall / The mountain can cushion your fall

Ein frykteleg makt / A terrible power
I sjelelaus drakt / In soulless manner
I bergveggen fast all si tid / In the mountain imprisoned for all time

Devil response:

Forbanne di sjel. Evig fortapt / Curse your soul. Forever lost

Queen of Light:

Svart som evig natt / Black like eternal night

Devil response:

Eg kan gje deg alt du vil / I can give you everything you want
Eg kan gje deg evig liv / I can give you eternal life
Eg kan gje deg alt du vil, når mørket blir til / I can give you everything you want, in Darkness
Men stemmen den brast. Evig fortapt / But the voice broke, forever lost

Queen of Light:

Svart som evig natt / Black like eternal night

Devil reponse:

Eg kan gje deg alt du vil / I can give you everything you want
Eg kan gje deg evig liv / I can give you eternal life
Eg kan gje deg alt du vil, når mørket blir til / I can give you everything you want, in Darkness
Men stemmen den brast. Evig fortapt / But the voice broke, forever lost

Id2mrPs.gif

-M​

aeon

:au: Australia's entry FSC #173 July 2023

WILDFIRE MANWUURK, rock group formed in Maningrida, Arnhem Land, Northern Australia.

Sung in the endangered language Kune, the lead single 'Mararradj' delivers a robust and booming tale delivered by Victor Rostron.

Speaking on ‘Mararradj’, Victor Rostron described: “‘Mararradj’ means, a love that can never die. It’s like a fire burning that will never go out.”

“It’s not about me, that song, it’s about everyone. It’s about boyfriend and girlfriend going though break up, having argument, jealous talking, but then something tells you, you want to get that love back. You want to be sitting down together again. It’s because of ‘Mararradj’. It never finishes, it’s an unbreakable love.”

WILDFIRE MANWURRK are:

Sires Rostron - Lead Singer / Lead Guitar
Johnson Rostron - Lead Singer / Bass
Scott Cameron - Backing Singer / Drums
Ernest Rostron - Rhythm Guitar
Leo Rostron - Rhythm Guitar
Victor Rostron - Lead Singer / Didgeridoo (Morle) / Clapsticks

yuki_vamp.esc

ef7b997a73c1f7ea3fca18bfb214f938.gif

FSC Philippines

Pasilyo by Sunkissed Lola

About the Band:

SunKissed Lola was formed late in 2021. It is made up of Alvin Serito, who was discovered through Wishcovery on vocals and acoustic guitar; Dan Ombao, a runner-up from The Voice Philippines on lead guitar and vocals; Laura Lacbain on vocals and background vocals; Danj Quimson on bass; and Gerson Viloria on drums. Serito, Ombao and Quimson are the songwriters. They're a hot new indie band in the country. Their band name means the following:

To be sun-kissed is to have the sun shine on you long-enough for you to get that tanned skin with a rosy glow, that glorious summer shade that Caucasians aspire for.

As for Lola, it is the nickname for Dolores in Spain and other Spanish speaking countries. As a simple word, dolor means agony or sorrow. But it became a common name for girls because it is derived from the Blessed Virgin Mary’s incarnation as the Nuestra Senora de los Dolores or Our Lady of Sorrows or the Mater Dolorosa.

Well, among us, Pinoys, lola also means grandmother. I do not know the etymology for lola or lolo for the grandfather. But no matter, a lola conjures up images of the kind of pampering parents would never resort to and therefore of presents, goodies, fun, etc. and extra cash.

So, the name is SunKissed Lola for this barely two-year-old band from Olongapo. And just like our traditional idea of the lola, the group has been putting out lots of good vibes through its music. Well, to be specific, through just one song as of now, and it is titled Pasilyo.

cr: SOUNDS FAMILIAR - Baby A. Gil - The Philippine Star

About the Song and Song Translation:

In a nutshell, the song is about the singer's experience during a wedding.

Filipino LyricsEnglish Lyrics
Pasilyo

Palad ay basang-basa
Ang dagitab ay damang-dama
Sa'king kalamnang punong-puno
Ng pananabik at ng kaba
Lalim sa'king bawat paghinga
Nakatitig lamang sa iyo

Naglakad ka nang dahan-dahan
Sa pasilyo tungo sa altar ng simbahan
Hahagkan na't 'di ka bibitawan
Wala na 'kong mahihiling pa

Ikaw at ikaw
Ikaw at ikaw
Ikaw at ikaw
Ikaw at ikaw

'Di maikukumpara
Araw-araw kong dala-dala
Paboritong panalangin ko'y
Makasama ka sa pagtanda
Ang hiling sa Diyos na may gawa
Apelyido ko'y maging iyo

Naglakad ka nang dahan-dahan
Sa pasilyo tungo sa'kin at hinawakan
Mo ako't aking 'di napigilang
Maluha nang mayakap na

Ikaw at ikaw
Ikaw at ikaw
Ikaw at ikaw
Ikaw at ikaw

Ikaw at ikaw (Ikaw at ikaw)

(Ikaw at ikaw)
Palad ay basang basa
Ang dagitab ay damang-dama
Sa'king kalamnang punong-puno
'Di maikukumpara
Araw-araw kong dala-dala
Paboritong panalangin ko'y ikaw
Hallway (Aisle)

My hands are soaking wet
I can feel the spark
My words are filled with
Desire and fear
In every breath I take
I just look at you

You walk slowly
Along the aisle towards the church altar
I hug you tightly and won’t let go
I have nothing else to ask for

You and only you
It has always been you
There's no one else but you
It’s you and you

Incomparable
I carry it with me every day
My favorite prayer is
To grow old with you
The prayer to God that’s made true
My surname will be yours too

You walk slowly
Along the aisle towards me and I hold you
I couldn’t help but cry
As I hugged you tightly

You and only you
It has always been you
There's no one else but you
It’s you and you

You and only you(You and only you)

(You and only you)
My hands are soaking wet
I can feel the spark
My words are filled with
Incomparable
I carry it with me every day
My favorite prayer is you.

PS: To give a little bit context on the chorus, You and You is the literal translation of Ikaw at Ikaw, but the real expression behind it also means "It has always been you", "There's no one else but you". Filipino words loves to repeat itself to suggest a strong emotion / conviction.

Kevan1994

Just found a live recording of this month's entry from Canada, "Confetti". I recently discovered Charlotte Cardin as an artist after she won Best Artist and Best Album at our national version of the Grammys (called the Junos) and have been in love with her music since.

Last edited:

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
xptC4rp.gif

FSC Norway - August 2023 - Röyksopp ft. Susanne Sundfør - Stay Awhile

cRnWlWU.jpg

Representing Norway in FSC August 2023, and returning to FSC for Norway, is the accomplished and popular Norwegian Electro-pop duo Röyksopp. They are back in another musical collaboration with the popular and talented Norwegian singer-songwriter Susanne Sundfør. Here is some more information about them.

Röyksopp is a Norwegian Electro-pop duo from Tromsø, Norway. The group consists of the members Svein Berge and Torbjørn Brundtland. Röyksopp was formed in 1998. The word ‘röyksopp’ is a stylized version of the Norwegian word for the ‘puffball mushroom’, “røyksopp”. The band has stated that the word could also evoke the mushroom cloud resulting from an atomic blast. They have experimented with different genres within electronic music.

Since their 1998 debut, the duo has gained critical acclaim and popular success around the world. Röyksopp has been nominated for 1 Grammy Award, and won 7 Norwegian Grammys.

Albums: “Melody A.M.” (2001), “The Understanding” (2005), “Junior” (2009), “Senior” (2010), “Do It Again” (EP 2014), “The Inevitable End” (2014), “Lost Tapes” (2019), “Profound Mysteries” (2022), “Profound Mysteries II” (2022), “Profound Mysteries III (2022)”.

FSC entries as of March 2023: “The Girl And The Robot” (June 2009 ft. Robyn), “Running To The Sea” (March 2013 ft. Susanne Sundfør), “Do It Again” (July 2014 ft. Robyn), “Monument: Remix” (February 2015 ft. Robyn), “Never Ever” (January 2017 ft. Susanne Sundfør), “If You Want Me” (September 2022 ft. Susanne Sundfør), “Oh, Lover” (March 2023 ft. Susanne Sundfør).

Röyksopp ‘semi’retired’ from the music business in 2015 but returned some years later. They are active again with the 3 albums released in 2022, the “Profound Mysteries” trilogy.

The 3rd of these albums (“Profound Mysteries III”) was released in November 2022 and a popular single from the album was the Nordic Electro-pop song called “Stay Awhile” which once again featured Susanne Sundfør on (co-)vocals. This is the song chosen by the Norwegian jury as the Norwegian entry here in FSC August 2023.

Röyksopp are a talented and popular Norwegian Electro-pop duo who keep reinventing themselves in their artistry and we likely will see and hear more of them in the future.

Susanne Aartun Sundfør (born 1986 in Haugesund, Norway) is an acclaimed Norwegian pop-artist & singer-songwriter with a beautiful voice. She released 5 studio albums between 2007-2015. In 2008 she was awarded a Norwegian Grammy for best female performance. In 2010 her 3rd album “The Brothel” was released to great critical acclaim. Her musical style was by now quite ‘experimental/ atmospheric’. In 2012 she released the album “The Silicone Veil” and in 2017 the album “Music for People in Trouble”. She has also performed on several songs by Röyksopp, incl. “Running To The Sea”, “Never Ever” and “If You Want Me”. In 2023 she sang vocals on the Röyksopp-songs “Oh, Lover” and “Stay Awhile”. She has also taken part as a solo artist for Norway in FSC. We are sure to see more of her great talent in the coming years.

The Norwegian entry for FSC August 2023, “Stay Awhile”, by Röyksopp ft. Susanne Sundfør, is another melodic and catchy Electro-pop song written by Röyksopp themselves. The Norwegian jury is happy to enter Röyksopp again in the FSC for Norway.

Below are the lyrics in English for the song. Hope you’ll enjoy the Norwegian entry for August 2023!
tqcd9Op.gif

yQwRxUC.gif

Röyksopp ft. Susanne Sundfør - Stay Awhile

It's gonna be the right time
It's gonna be the right one
If only I could silence all this noise
The chaos in my heart
It's killing me to be all alone

Wanna tear down my defences
Wanna quiver at your touch

Take a ride
You don't even have to mean it
And if you wanna stay the night
I promise I'll keep it secret

Stay awhile
Baby, you won't regret it
Just let it out
Love is a way to say it

Could it be the right time
Could it be the right one
I linger in the shadows of my doubt
I've waited here so long
It's killing me to be all alone

I better take down my defences
Or the moment will be lost

Take a ride

Stay awhile
Just let it out
Love is a way to say it

Take a ride

Stay awhile
Just let it out
Love is a way to say it

Id2mrPs.gif

-M​

hawadharma

FSC AUGUST 2023
MALAYSIA

Artist: Marsha Milan feat. Hazama
Song: "Ilusi"

maxresdefault.jpg

Marsha Milan Londoh (born December 6, 1985) is a Malaysian singer and actress. She gained fame for being a contestant in the third season of the Malaysian reality show contest Akademi Fantasia, in which she won the fourth place. In 2013, Marsha dubbed the voice of Elsa in the Malaysian dub of Disney's Frozen and sang the title track Bebaskan (Malay version of "Let It Go"), the second Disney film dubbed in Bahasa Malaysia for cinema release after Tarzan (1999).

Hazama Azmi (born November 28, 1984) has been around Malaysian music scene since 2004, when he became a favorite contestant of reality singing competition Akademi Fantasia 4 albeit being eliminated early. However, he got another chance to join Akademi Fantasia 9 in 2009 and eventually become the champion. Well known for his raspy melodious voice and likeable personality, his singles include "Penglipurlara", "Malaikat", "Di Amaran Mama", "Relakan Jiwa" and many others. He temporarily joined indie group Meet Uncle Hussain as vocalist with the hit single "Pokok". His talent extends outside singing; he also acted in several movies and TV sitcoms. He is also a frequent finalist in Anugerah Juara Lagu (AJL) but sadly has never won any awards. He is now happily married to renowned musician, Genervie Kam and has appeared in many projects together with his wife.

This song "Ilusi" (Illusion), is their first duet song together. This song is the official soundtrack for Malaysian OTT crime drama "METRO CRIME STORIES". It tells a narrative of a illusional love between two people who are secretly enemies.

Verse 1:

Sayang ku / My love
Aku keliru Dengan sifat mu / I'm confused with your attitude
Bayang ku Mengekori mu / My shadow follows you
Dan memburu / And hunts you

Pre Chorus:
Kau hidangku kesempatan / You serve me opportunities
Serukan persoalan / And exclaim questions
Ku bisikkan keindahan / I whisper you enchantments
Dengarlah / Hear me out

Chorus:
Puasku berdiam / I'm done being silent
Aku ditelan dalam kau yang kelam / I'm swallowed into your darkness
Kini jelas ku dalami / Now it's clear what I'm into
ku hampiri Cinta yang berduri / I'm approaching a thorny love
Dan akan ku tawan / And I will conquer
Tiada lagi bayangan igauan / No more shadows and nightmares
Kini jelas ku tewaskan / Now it's clear, I'll defeat
ku lemaskan Cinta berilusi / and drown this illusional love

Verse 2:
Mata mu Meragui ku / Your eyes doubting me
Kerna ku tahu / Because I know
Langkah mu mampu ku hidu / I can smell your steps
Niat kamu / And your intentions

(repeat Pre Chorus & Chorus)

Bridge:

Makin ku berlari / The more I run
Makin ku dekati / The more I'm near you
Semuakan ku akhiri / I'll end everything
Makin ku sedari / The more I realise
Makin ku mengerti / The more I understand
Terbongkarlah cinta mu yang misteri / Your mysterious love is revealed

yuki_vamp.esc

ef7b997a73c1f7ea3fca18bfb214f938.gif

FSC Philippines

Raining in Manila by Lola Amour

About the Band:

Lola Amour is a Filipino rock band from Muntinlupa, Philippines that dabbles in the genres of modern rock, funk, and pop. The band consists of Pio Dumayas on lead vocals and guitar, Martin Kim on background vocals and keyboards, Raymond King on background vocals and bass, Zoe Gonzales on lead guitar, Angelo Mesina on trumpets, Joxx Perez on saxophone, and Renzo Santos on drums.

Lola Amour is a hobby gone wild made up of 7 people who met in high school. The two bands decided to merge and perform at their senior year graduation ball. When the group moved on to college, they officially adopted the name "Lola Amour", after the grandmother of vocalist Pio Dumayas. PS: As mentioned in last month promotion thread, "Lola" means grandmother.

About the Song and Song Translation:

The song "Raining In Manila" by Lola Amour reveals a story of longing, heartbreak, and hope through the experiences of a person caught in the rain in the city of Manila. The song speaks of a person who is missing someone deeply, but cannot communicate with them due to the weather or distance.

The first verse sets the scene of the singer being caught in a rainy city, wondering if the person they miss is feeling cold as well. They express their eagerness to wait for this person, even if they don't come back. The second verse asks how the person is doing, even if they don't respond, and if they feel the same sadness as the singer. The chorus conveys the idea that absence can be felt more during rainy days and at night when the stars are covered by the clouds.

The bridge of the song speaks of the dilemma of staying or leaving when something important is missing. The singer wonders if the other person is experiencing the same emptiness if they decide to leave or stay. Finally, the song concludes with the repetition of the chorus, emphasizing the longing for the loved one and the hope that they will be back soon, no matter where they are in the world.

Overall, "Raining In Manila" expresses the sadness of missing someone and the feeling of being powerless when communication is difficult. The rainy weather serves as a metaphor for the stormy emotions that come with heartbreak, but also as a reminder that the storms will eventually pass, and brighter days will come.

Original Lyrics:English Translation:
It's been raining in Manila, hindi ka ba nilalamig?
It's been raining in Manila, hindi ka ba nilalamig?
But, if it's raining in Manila, hindi kita maririnig
(Nakahiga, mag-isang nanginginig)
So, I'll be waiting in Manila kahit di ka na babalik

Maulan ba sa inyo 'pag bumubuhos dito?
Paumanhin at mukhang hindi ko
Masasabayan ang 'yong yapak
Sa pagngiti at pag-iyak
Sa paglipad at pagbagsak ng araw-araw
Sa pagpikit na lang kita
Matititigan sa mata
Sa panaginip na magpapaligaw

Kamusta ka na? Kahit 'wag nang sagutin
'Di ba nawala ang kintab ng bituin?
Sana ganun ka nga pa rin

'Cause, it's been raining in Manila, hindi ka ba nilalamig?
Mahirap bang mag-isang nanginginig?
And it's been raining in Manila, hindi ka ba nilalamig
'Pag wala ang mga tala?
Madilim ba ang mundo?

May kulang ba sa inyo na naiwan dito?
Aanhin ang ulan sa paradiso?
Sakali madulas ay dati malapit ka
Ngayon walang kahati ng init 'pag maulan
Sana naman tumigil na ang ulan

Sana ganun ka nga pa rin

'Cause, it's been raining in Manila, hindi ka ba nilalamig?
Mahirap bang mag-isang nanginginig?
And it's been raining in Manila, hindi ka ba nilalamig
'Pag wala ang mga tala?
Madilim ba ang mundo?

Sana ganun ka nga pa rin

But, if it's raining in Manila, hindi kita maririnig
Nakahiga, mag-isang nanginginig
So, I'll be waiting in Manila kahit 'di ka na babalik
Andiyan lang ang mga tala, andiyan lang ang mga tala
Saan mang sulok ng mundo​
It's been raining in Manila, aren't you getting cold?
It's been raining in Manila, aren't you getting cold?
But, if it's raining in Manila, I won't be able to hear you
(Lying down all alone, shivering)
So, I'll be waiting in Manila even if you won't be coming back

Is it raining there when it's pouring here?
I'm sorry if I won't be able
To follow your footsteps
In smiling and crying
In flying and ending the day with you
In Closing my eyes
I'll be able to stare at you
I'll get myself lost in my dreams

How are you doing? You don't have to answer it
Did the star lost its shine?
I hope you're still the same

'Cause, it's been raining in Manila, aren't you getting cold?
Is it hard shivering alone?
And it's been raining in Manila, aren't you getting cold
If the stars disappeared?
Will the world be dark?

Did you left something you forgot here?
What are you gonna do with the rain in paradise?
In case I slipped, at least you're close
Now there's no warmth when it rains
I hope the rain stops

How are you? You don't have to answer it
I hope you're still the same

'Cause, it's been raining in Manila, aren't you getting cold?
Is it hard shivering alone?
And it's been raining in Manila, aren't you getting cold
If the stars disappeared?
Will the world be dark?

How are you? You don't have to answer it
I hope you didn't changed

But, if it's raining in Manila, I won't be able to hear you
Lying down all alone, shivering
So, I'll be waiting in Manila even if you won't be coming back
The stars are there, The stars are there
In every corner of the world

kzmxgirl

FSC AUGUST 2023

MEXICO

https://flic.kr/p/7xLYKU

https://flic.kr/p/6NbYTy
Gloria de los Ángeles Treviño Ruiz (born February 15, 1968), known as Gloria Trevi, is a Mexican singer, songwriter, dancer, actress, television hostess, music video director and businesswoman known as "The Supreme Diva of Mexican Pop".

Career​

In 1985, Trevi became a member of a short-lived girl group named Boquitas Pintadas. After the group broke up in 1988, she approached Sergio Andrade [es] for the production of her first solo album, ¿Qué Hago Aquí? (What Am I Doing Here?), which was released in 1989 and scored a number one hit across Latin America, "Dr. Psiquiatra". Trevi was often dubbed as the Madonna of Mexico.

In 1991, Trevi released her second album, Tu Ángel de la Guarda (Your Guardian Angel), which is widely regarded as one of her best albums. "Pelo Suelto", the lead single from the album, was a worldwide success, reaching number 1 in several Latin America countries and in Spain. Billboard magazine included Tu Angel de la Guarda in their list of greatest Latin albums of all time. Her third album, Me Siento Tan Sola (I Feel So Lonely), was released in 1992 garnering another hit, "Zapatos Viejos". Trevi starred in the film of the same name in 1993. In 1994, she released two singles, "El Recuento De Los Daños" and "La Papa Sin Catsup", from her fourth studio album Más Turbada Que Nunca (More Turbulent than Ever). Both singles reigned the Billboard Top Latin Albums. In December 1995, Trevi released her final studio album of the decade, and her final album produced by Andrade, Si Me Llevas Contigo (If You Take Me with You). The album produced two moderate hits, "Ella Que Nunca Fue Ella" ("She Who Never Was Herself") and "Si Me Llevas Contigo" ("If You Take Me with You"). On March 13, 1996, Trevi announced that she would retire to care for Andrade during his cancer battle. She offered her last two concerts at the National Auditorium, March 16 and 17.

In 2013, Trevi released her tenth studio album De Pelicula. The album produced the single "No Querias Lastimarme" ("You Didn't Want to Hurt Me"), which was a critical and massive success. The song reached the top ten of the Latin Billboard charts and topped the charts of several Latin American countries. In 2015, Trevi embarked on a new passion project, which would become her eleventh studio album, El Amor. The concept album included covers of popular Latin American love ballads, including previous songs from Trevi's catalog as well as original work. Trevi had two alter-egos for the album, Mr. Trevi and Mrs. Gloria. The album debuted at the top of the Billboard charts and produced two successful singles, "Como Yo Te Amo" ("How I Love You") and "Las Pequeñas Cosas" ("The Little Things"). In 2017, Trevi collaborated with fellow Mexican artist Alejandra Guzmán for the album Versus. The album included two singles, "Cuando un Hombre te Enamora" and "Mas Buena". The two singers embarked on the Versus World Tour during summer and fall 2017.

Personal life​

Trevi married Armando Gómez, a lawyer, in 2009. She now lives in McAllen, Texas, with Gómez and her two sons. Trevi received the BMI President's Award on March 2, 2016, at the 23rd BMI Latin Awards for her impact on Latin pop.

THIS EDITION GLORIA TREVI REPRESENTS OUR COUNTRY WITH MEDUSA, AN ADDICTIVE DANCE TUNE WITH TRAP FUSION SHOWCASING HER GREAT VOCAL ABILITIES WHICH PROMISES TO MAKE THE AUDIENCE GO WILD!

Top Bottom