Contact us

FSC Promotions Thread

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
xptC4rp.gif

FSC Norway - June 2022 - AURORA - Heathens

yOeYtuj.jpg

Representing Norway in June 2022, and returning to the FSC for Norway after 4 years, is the talented and popular Norwegian artist AURORA. Here is some more information about her.

AURORA - or Aurora Aksnes (born 15th June 1996) as is her full name - is a singer-songwriter from Bergen, Norway. Now aged 24, she has been writing songs for more than half her life, crafting what many call ‘dark pop music of rare depth’. She signed with a management company shortly before signing with Glassnote and Decca Records in October 2014.

Her song ‘Awakening’ in 2013 (re-released in 2014) is by many considered her first ‘official’ single. Her first song with Decca Records ‘Under Stars’ was released in November 2014, and the very popular - and successful as well as critically acclaimed - single and Nordic Pop-ballad ‘Runaway’ followed in February 2015. This was the Norwegian entry in FSC November 2015.

Several other releases followed, like ‘Running with the Wolves’ (single April 2015 and EP with 4 songs incl. 2 singles May 2015) and ‘Murder Song (5, 4, 3, 2, 1)’ in September 2015. She released several other popular singles in the next 6 months while finishing her debut-album. Called ‘All My Demons Greeting Me As A Friend’ it was finally released in March 2016, to very good reviews in the national press. One of these other popular tracks on her new album was the song ‘Winter Bird’. This was the Norwegian entry in FSC June 2016.

In April 2018 she released the more uptempo single “Queendom”. This was the Norwegian entry in FSC June 2018. AURORA subsequently released her new album ‘Infections of a Different Kind’ in 2 parts in EP-format in 2018/2019. She also sang on the ‘Frozen 2’ Soundtrack in late 2019. In May 2020 she released a new song, the ballad “Exist for Love” and in November 2020 came the Nordic Christmas-themed song called ‘Stjernestøv’ (‘Stardust’) which was the theme-melody for the Norwegian young adult Christmas tv-series broadcasted in December 2020.

In 2021 she worked on a new forthcoming album and released several singles that were part of this new project incl. “Cure for Me”, “Giving In To The Love”, and in December 2021 the Ethereal dynamic pop-song “Heathens”. This is the song chosen by the Norwegian jury as the Norwegian entry here in FSC June 2022.

In January 2022 her new album “The Gods We Can Touch” was released to critical acclaim. It included her already released singles as well as many new great songs in her dynamic Ethereal, Ambient and sometimes Folk-pop style.

AURORA plans a concert tour in the USA and Europe now in 2022 to promote her new album. She is a very talented and innovative artist, singer and songwriter from whom we will without doubt hear more in the coming years.

The Norwegian entry for FSC #160 June 2022, called “Heathens”, is a beautiful and dynamic Ethereal pop-song in AURORA’s music style with poignant lyrics that focus on women and what they have had to endure through the centuries. She says the song is a hymn to women and all humans who have not been respected the way they should have been. The Norwegian jury is happy to enter AURORA again in the FSC for Norway.

Below are the lyrics in English. Hope you’ll enjoy the Norwegian entry for June 2022!
tqcd9Op.gif

yQwRxUC.gif

AURORA - Heathens

She bargains with the world
So everything she wants will come to her
With no greed inside her mind
She knows what she deserves

We fell from sky with grace
And landed in her soft and warm embrace
She gave her love, her gift of life
So we could live with her

That is why we live like heathens
Stealing from the trees of Eden
Living in the arms of freedom
And everything we touch is evil

The stone, the dirt, the dust
The unforgiving promise made to us
Unworthy of your light, your god, your touch
We're guided by the lust

We cry the fallen names
We cry for those you burned beneath the flame
We stand beside the good and brave
The broken and enslaved

Everything you touch
Will be hers
A mother with no heart
Will give love

Her love is yours
But only if you give
Your heart to her

That is why we live like heathens ( x 3 )

Id2mrPs.gif

-M​

hawadharma

#LEGENDARY #HIJABI

:my: FSC JUNE 2022 - MALAYSIA :my:

Artist: Iman Troye
Song: "Nang"

51647370637_9c6aa1a011_z.jpg

This song tells a story about a legendary princess Puteri Gunung Banang (hence "Nang").
In Malay folklore, once upon a time a hardworking poor man. who is the sole breadwinner of his family, lost his way in Gunung Banang, and fell asleep in a cave. The princess found him, and because of his honesty, granted him with good looks and ability to heal diseases. However, he refused to take any wealth from the princess and returns home.

When the man's lazy older brothers found out, they too wandered in Gunung Banang in hope of wealth and good looks.
However, the brothers got very greedy and eventually punished by the princess, turning them into monkeys.

Lyrics (with English Translation)

Kicau murai batu puteri / A chirping magpie belongs to a princess
Bunyi-bunyian jelita / Singing a beautiful tune
Tak nampak waktu dicari / It disappears when you look for it
Bila sesat di jumpa / You'll only find it when you're lost
Satu di antara tujuh / One of the seven
Datangnya dari jawa / Who came from the Javanese islands
Baru bertemu aduh aduh / Upon seeing her, oh my,
Kau tanya namanya / You asked for her name
Baru bertemu aduh aduh / Upon seeing her, oh my,
Ini jawabnya / This is her answer

Bridge:
Nada malam irama pujangga / The sound of the night resembles a poet's melody
Teringat gurindam / Reminding us of a song
"aha aha nung ba ba ba ba nang nang nang"
Hoo..

Chorus:
Asalkan aku bahagia / I just want to be happy,
Yang penting kita senang bila bersama-sama / And at ease when we're together
Asalkan kita bahagia / As long as we're happy
Tidak perlu punya apa-apa / We don't need any riches
Nang nang nang
Nang nang nang kita
Tidak perlu punya apa-apa / We don't need any riches
Nang nang nang
Nang nang nang kerna
Kerana kau berhati mulia / Because you have a noble heart

Puncaknya menjulang tinggi / The peak is soaring high
Menghadap selat Melaka / Facing the Straits of Malacca
Jika tak kau ketahui / If you don't know
Ini kisah lagenda / This is a legendary story

Adik beradiknya tujuh / She has seven siblings
Oh cantik dan menggoda / So beautiful and seducing
Baru bertemu aduh aduh / Upon meeting her oh my,
Ku tanya namanya / I asked for her name
Baru bertemu aduh aduh / Upon meeting her oh my,
Dan ini jawabnya / And this is her answer

(repeat bridge)
(repeat chorus)

Walaupun miskin dan tak berharta / Even if he's poor and penniless
Tapi hatinya jujur saksama / But his heart is kind and just
Cukuplah buat hamba / That's enough for me

(repeat chorus)

Bukan kerna rupa bukan kerna harta / Not because of looks, or wealth
Kerana kau berhati mulia / But because you have a noble heart
Bukan kerna rupa bukan kerna harta / Not because of looks, or wealth
Ya,
Kerana kau berhati mulia / Because you have a noble heart
Kerana kau berhati mulia / Because you have a noble heart​

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
xptC4rp.gif

FSC Norway - July 2022 - Two Steps From Hell - Last One Standing

feNkNP7.jpg

Representing Norway in July 2022, and making their debut as a music project in FSC, is the talented and famous Epic Cinematic ‘duo’ Thomas Bergersen from Norway and Nick Phoenix from United Kingdom. Here is some more information about Two Steps From Hell.

Thomas Jacob Bergersen (born in Trondheim, Norway), professionally known as Thomas Bergersen, is a well known Norwegian music composer, multi-instrumentalist, and also the co-founder of the production music company and music project Two Steps From Hell. Bergersen's compositions have featured in many motion picture campaigns, such as Avatar, Pirates of the Caribbean, The Twilight Saga, The Chronicles of Narnia, Harry Potter, The Da Vinci Code, The Mummy, The Dark Knight, Tron: Legacy and hundreds more. Bergersen has scored over 1000 soundtracks and film trailers. He has released several albums and is known for his current ‘Humanity’ series of multiple albums. He also participated in FSC for Norway in November 2020 (“Mountain Call”) and in June 2021 (“Red”).

In May 2010, Bergersen and his business partner, Nick Phoenix, released a debut public Epic Music Two Steps From Hell album titled ‘Invincible’ featuring some of their most popular tracks, including "Freedom Fighters", "Moving Mountains", and "Heart of Courage".

Nick Phoenix (born in London, England) is a British composer, pianist, and co-founder of the production music company Two Steps From Hell. He has written music for a number of trailers, with over 1.200 scores and placements in total. He has had several side projects including his band Crater Mountain which released its classic rock-genre debut album ‘Hillbilly Starship’ in 2014. In the following years he also published his first written work ‘Colin Frake on Fire Mountain’ and subsequently ‘Colin Frake Asclepius’.

Together as Two Steps From Hell, Bergersen and Phoenix have created an abundance of music through the years both demo-music, industry-released music and public release music. Besides their aforementioned debut album they are especially known for the following public albums: “Archangel” (2011), “SkyWorld” (2012), “Classics Volume One” (2013), “Battlecry” (2015), “Classics Volume Two” (2015), “Vanquish” (2016), and most recently their new 2022 album “Myth”. Two Steps From Hell are perhaps best known for their Epic Cinematic music which also has ethnic portions and experimental sides but they have used many genres and styles in their music (with Phoenix somewhat more pop/rock-oriented while Bergersen is more classical/orchestral styled) showing their impressive creativity and talent.

In 2021 they worked on music for a new album and this album was finally released in June 2022. Called “Myth” it had more than 20 tracks of varying length and style, about half composed by each of them. And one of the new written songs on the album (by Thomas Bergersen) was the Epic Cinematic song called “Last One Standing” which also includes ethnic vocals by Uyanga Bold, an accomplished Mongolian singer who has sung on several movie soundtracks. This is the song chosen by the Norwegian jury as the Norwegian entry here in FSC July 2022.

The talented Two Steps From Hell are going on a concert tour in Europe this summer 2022, something they are very excited about, and there is no doubt we will hear more from them in the years to come.

The Norwegian entry for FSC #161 July 2022, called “Last One Standing”, is a beautiful and epic cinematic piece of music composed by Norwegian Thomas Bergersen and performed by Two Steps From Hell. The Norwegian jury is happy to enter Two Steps From Hell in the FSC for Norway.

Hope you’ll enjoy the Norwegian entry for July 2022!
tqcd9Op.gif

yQwRxUC.gif

Two Steps From Hell - Last One Standing

ezAPP41.jpg

Id2mrPs.gif

-M​

hawadharma

:my: FSC JULY 2022 - MALAYSIA :my:

Artist: Naim Daniel
Song: "Mainan"

Jangan kau tanyakan soal dia / Never ask about her anymore
Usah cuba ulangi / Never try to repeat
Kekejaman cinta kita yang dulu / The brutality of our former love
Walau kau menyedari / Even when you realise
Hanyalah Tuhan yang mampu membuka pintu hatiku / Only God can open the door to my heart

Chorus:
Erti cinta bagimu hanya satu permainan / Meaning of love for you is just a game
Air mata yang turun pengganti satu dendam / These shed tears replace a vengeance
Sedihku bahagia buat kamu / My sadness is your happiness
Tetapi takkan takkan / But it will never
Merubah erti cinta / Change the meaning of love
Merubah erti cinta / Change the meaning of love

Andai kita ditakdirkan semula / If we are fated again
Kisah kasih sejati / As true soulmates
Takkan aku cuba tuk memurahkan / I will not take for granted
Jiwa tulus dan suci / This sincere and pure soul
Hanyalah Tuhan yang mampu membuka pintu hatimu / Only God can open the door to your heart

Chorus:
Erti cinta bagimu hanya satu permainan / Meaning of love for you is just a game
Air mata yang turun pengganti satu dendam / These shed tears replace a vengeance
Sedihku bahagia buat kamu / My sadness is your happiness
Tetapi takkan takkan / But it will never
Merubah / Change
Merubah / Change

Masih adakah kesempatan kali kedua / Will there be a second chance?
Hanya Pada Esa ku serah segalanya oh / Only to God I surrender everything

(repeat chorus 2x)​

A-lister

Veteran
FSC#161 - July 2022

:se:SWEDEN :se:

Klara & Jag

Nu grönskar det

pSEqLKj.jpg

PRESENTATION:

It's time for another comeback for Sweden, this time with the female Pop duo Klara & Jag (Klara & I). The duo made their FSC-debut back in April 2020 with the entry Måste jag dö? (Do I Have to Die?), a stand-alone single released in 2019 between their 2018-debut EP Storyn of My Life (The Story of My Life) and their 2020-debut album Det slutar inte här (It Doesn't End Here).

Klara & Jag, which consists of the members Klara Wörmann and Johanna Frostling, debuted with the single Samma gamla nätter (Same Old Nights) in 2017 and has released singles such as 2.0 and Aska (Ashes) (which features former Melodifestivalen-entrant and member of Swedish boyband FO&O; Oscar Enestad).

After a couple of years break, the duo started their own record label and made their comeback with this month's FSC-entry Nu grönskar det (Now It's Blooming) in early spring 2022. The single, which is the first one taken from their new album I stadens famn (In the City's Embrace), is a catchy Dance-Pop song which includes elements from 90's House-Pop, Swedish Vispop as well as subtle folk/ethno elements, which gives the song a unique touch and is also perfect for long summer nights.

LYRICS:

LYRICS [ENGLISH TRANSLATION]:

kzmxgirl

FSC JULY 2022 MEXICO

Ana Mena, Belinda - LAS 12​

Ana Mena and Belinda Peregrín have reunited in Las 12, a single published on Friday, June 17, which could become one of the songs of the summer. This is the long-awaited Spanish version of Mezzanotte, a song that Ana Mena from Malaga released two weeks earlier.

The singers' mix pop and EDM styles in this work, in which the instrumental parts stand out after the choruses. The lyrics of the composition follow the same line as its Italian version and talk about the connection between two people. "Dancing like you and me, if nobody can do it like you and me. And nobody like you knows me, I don't know who I call when 12 o'clock arrives," the artists sing in their verses.

Pablo H. Smith, who had already gone behind the scenes at Mezzanotte, also directs the video for Las 12, which presents a completely different story. The clip exceeds 100,000 views in a matter of hours and is already appearing on the YouTube trending list.

Ana Mena and Belinda become warriors who have to face a group of zombies in a house. In their battle, they use shotguns, baseball bats, fire, and fists. The undead ends up dancing a choreography outside the house.

The collaboration of the Spanish and the Mexican singers comes after the two participated as actresses in Welcome to Eden, where they played Judith and Africa. The Netflix fiction premiered on May 6 and has already been renewed for a second season.​

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
xptC4rp.gif

FSC Norway - August 2022 - Dagny - Brightsider

2dU36KV.jpg

Representing Norway in FSC August 2022, and returning to FSC for Norway after 1.5 years, is the talented and popular Norwegian singer-songwriter Dagny. Here is some more information about her.

Dagny Norvoll Sandvik (born 1990 in Tromsø, northern Norway), best known for her artist name Dagny, is a Norwegian singer-songwriter who has gotten both national and international acclaim.

She is the daughter of the vocalist Marit Sandvik and the jazz musician Øystein Norvoll. She started performing locally in Tromsø following a songwriting assignment at school and, after moving to the UK in 2012, performed on the small club circuit there for a while. After University studies she recorded the song “Backbeat”, which caught the attention of Zane Lowe at Apple Music’s Beats 1 station and appeared on Spotify’s New Music playlist, achieving 300.000 plays in a few days.

She had big success on Spotify and signed with Republic Records. Rob Stevenson said of her, “’Backbeat’ immediately aroused our attention, and after a showcase in New York, our entire company fell in love with her. We look forward to further convey her vision to the world”. “Backbeat” in an acoustic version was subsequently included in an episode of the famous tv-show ‘Grey’s Anatomy’. She was also credited as a songwriter on Katy Perry’s 2019 song “Never Really Over”, which also interpolated Dagny’s song “Love You Like That”. After a series of singles (incl. “Used To You” and “Hit Your Heart”), the agreement with Republic Records ended and her first album, “Strangers / Lovers”, was released in October 2020 on her own label, Little Daggers.

Before this, in May 2020, she released an EP with the first 6 songs from the album which included her first single, the popular “Come Over”, and also the even more successful second single, the Nordic Electro-pop banger and hit “Somebody”. This was the Norwegian entry in FSC February 2021. That same year she also released a single called “Pretty” in a collaboration with the Norwegian singer Astrid S.

In early Summer 2022 she then released a new single called “Brightsider”, an upbeat and joyous Summer song and bop which has become popular on several music streaming networks. This is the song chosen by the Norwegian jury as the Norwegian entry here in FSC August 2022.

Dagny has been nominated for Norwegian Grammies (‘Spellemannsprisen’) several times in the past years recognizing her talent. She has also collaborated with several artists. She is an artist, singer and songwriter from whom we will without doubt hear more in the coming years.

The Norwegian entry for FSC #162 August 2022, called “Brightsider”, co-written by Dagny herself, is an upbeat and joyous Summer pop song and bop which many are enjoying this Summer 2022. The Norwegian jury is happy to enter Dagny again in the FSC for Norway.

Below are the lyrics in English. Hope you’ll enjoy the Norwegian entry for August 2022!
tqcd9Op.gif

yQwRxUC.gif

Dagny - Brightsider

I'm catching all these feelings
Oh boy, you've got me flying through the ceiling
Wish you would tell me what you're thinking
If you drink about me on the weekend

I've never been the type to wear my heart on my sleeve
I'd rather sit in silence than go causing a scene
He gives me just enough to know I want in
A little taste of him that got me falling
If I get drunk enough then I might call him
Say "this whole time, you're the only thing that's on my mind"

Guess I don't mind
'Cause I'm flying through the ceiling
Oh boy, yeah, you've got me catching feelings

Oh, he started a fire and he don't even know
That I only leave the house so he can walk me home
He gives me just enough to know I want in
A little taste of him that got me falling
If I get drunk enough then I might call him
Say "this whole time, you're the only thing that's on my mind"

Guess I don't mind
'Cause I'm flying through the ceiling
Oh boy, yeah, you've got me catching feelings

Do you love me, maybe?
In my dreams you've already saved me
You say "I'm tired of waiting"
We leave the city and go sunset sailing

Do you love me, maybe?

Do you love me, maybe?

Do you love me, maybe?

Do you love me, maybe?

Id2mrPs.gif

-M​

A-lister

Veteran
FSC#162 - August 2022

Jubël feat. Aleyna Tilki

Diamonds

yh6zGto.jpg

PRESENTATION:

While the world is in a dark place at the moment and tensions between countries are on the rise, including the latest diplomatic crisis between Sweden and Turkey, we all need something light in our lives to remind us that there is good and happy moments too and here music plays a crucial part. Now, from a long-time Eurovision fan, what better way to build bridges than music? To quote John Lennon; "You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one", so for this month's edition Sweden is sending the unapologetically catchy 80's and 90's-inspired EDM-Pop bop collaboration Diamonds, by Swedish EDM-Pop-project Jübel featuring Turkish Pop star Aleyna Tilki.

Jübel, a quartet consisting of singer-songwriters and producers fronted by Sebastian Atas and Victor Sjöström, and co-produced in the background by David Lindgren Zacharias and Viktor Broberg, debuted as a music project back in 2017 with the single Illusion (which was used in a global advertisement campaign for the Swedish retailer and fashion line H&M). In 2018, they got their first top. 10 hit on the official Swedish Singles Charts with their cover Dancing in the Moonlight, which also brought them some international success charting in the top. 15 in the UK as well as becoming a minor hit in Australia and Belgium among other markets.

Now 22-year old Alyena Tiki started out as a semi-finalist at the age of 14 on the Turkish version of Got Talent and has since her 2017 solo debut with the single Sen Olsan Bari (If It Were You) become one of the biggest rising Pop stars in her homeland and a Youtube viral success with hundreds of million views.

LYRICS:

Last edited:

kzmxgirl

FSC MEXICO AUGUST 2022

Motel - Bailando Al Amanecer​

https://flic.kr/p/aLjbnT

Motel is a Mexican rock band created in 2002, consisting of Guillermo "Billy" Méndez and Rodrigo Dávila Chapoy.
Both recorded songs in music studios and rehearsals independently for several months before coming together as a group. They then played as a duo in bars in Mexico City, eventually inviting Michel DeQuevedo (drums) and Rubén Puente (bass) to form part of the band. Michel DeQuevedo was later replaced by José Damián (drums).

In March 2006, they released their debut album, Motel, and single, "Dime Ven", both produced by Aureo Baqueiro and co-produced by Jay de la Cueva under the Warner Music label. "Dime Ven" peaked at second place in the Mexican Hot 100 in July 2006, coming just short of Julieta Venegas's "Me Voy". Motel followed with a second single, "Olvídame". The same year, Motel wrote Skimo es el Lugar for the television sitcom Skimo, broadcast by Nickelodeon.

By March 2007, Motel announced through their website the upcoming release of their second album, 17, which was released on 20 November 2007. 17' first single, "Y Te Vas", was released in anticipation in October and listed as a weekly free download on iTunes. "17" was released on 29 January in the United States, after the band had promoted in the U.S. Later, the band released three more singles: "Uno, Dos, Tres", "Dos Palabras" featuring Lu's lead singer, Paty Cantú, and "Ahí vienes". The band also promised to hold a concert soon for those under 18, since their last two concerts were exclusively for adults.

hawadharma

:my: FSC AUGUST 2022 - MALAYSIA :my:

Artist: Siti Nordiana & Bunga
Song: "Amaran"

artwork-440x440.jpg

Si Kancil terpedaya dibaham buaya / The deer is tricked and devoured by the crocodile
Dendangnya (shala-la-la), terkena (shala-la-la) / His songs, trapped her
Siapa terpesona di kalam manisnya / Whoever mesmerised by his sweet poems
Katanya (sha-la-la), matanya (shala-la-la) / His words, his eyes

Chorus:
Amaran untuk kamu jika datang / Warning to you, if you come
Hanya untuk kau sakitkan aku / Just to hurt me
Amaran untuk aku jika jatuh / Warning to myself, if I ever fall
Waspadaku (shala-la-la) / I'll be alert
Awas bahaya, dia buaya (shala-la-la) / Beware of danger, he's a crocodile
Awas bahaya, dia buaya / Beware of danger, he's a crocodile

Buat apa saja aku nak / Do whatever I like
Yang itu yang ini tak suka boleh blah / This and that, If you don't like it get lost
I don't cry, I don't waste my time
Cause a cheat, stays a cheater

Dan engkau masih yang sama/ And you stayed your same self
Banyak sangat wayang, penuh dengan drama / Too much acting, full of dramas
Drama, ya drama drama

Kepala semak, nak berapa banyak? / My head is messed up, how much more do you want?
Serik dah ku tak nak / I'm fed up, I'm done.
One, two, three, let go

Si Dara haruslah menjaga tingkah lakunya / A Lady has to mind her demeanours
Budinya (shala-la-la), batasnya (shala-la-la) / Her courtesy, her boundaries
Jangan pernah diperguna pintarnya Teruna / Never be tricked by his intelligence
Ketawa (shala-la-la), terluka (shala-la-la) / He laughs, and you're hurt

(repeat chorus)

Wanita, rusuk kiri pada Adamnya / Woman, is the missing rib of Adam
Bawa harmoni dalam jiwa / Brings harmonies in the souls
Lembutnya gegarkan dunia / Her grace shakes the world
Wanita, harus sedar tidak semua / Woman, realise that not everything stays
Yang hadir takkan tetap lama / What is present is meant to leave
Rela lepas dari dakapnya / So surrender yourself from his embrace
Awas bahaya dia buaya, (shala-la-la) / Beware of danger, he's a crocodile

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
xptC4rp.gif

FSC Norway - September 2022 - Röyksopp ft. Susanne Sundfør - If You Want Me

ccEliwD.jpg

Representing Norway in FSC September 2022, and returning to FSC (in another ‘ressurection’) after more than 5 years, is the accomplished and popular Norwegian Electro-Pop duo Röyksopp. They are back in another musical collaboration with the popular and talented Norwegian singer-songwriter Susanne Sundfør. Here is some more information about them.

Röyksopp is a Norwegian Electro-Pop \ Electronica \ Electronic Music duo from Tromsø, Norway. The group consists of the members Svein Berge and Torbjørn Brundtland. Röyksopp was formed in 1998. The word ‘röyksopp’ is alas a stylized version of the Norwegian word for the ‘puffball mushroom’, “røyksopp”. The band has stated that the word could also evoke the mushroom cloud resulting from an atomic blast. They have experimented with different genres within electronic music, like ambient, house music, synth-pop and non-Euro American sounds.

Since their 1998 debut, the duo has gained critical acclaim and popular success around the world. To date, Röyksopp has been nominated for 1 Grammy Award, Brit Awards, won a total of 7 Spellemannprisen awards (Norwegian Grammys), performed worldwide tours, and produced albums which have topped the charts in several countries, including Norway 4 times.

Their debut-album “Melody A.M.” with several popular singles was released in 2001. Their 2nd album, “The Understanding”, was released in 2005. Their 3rd album, called “Junior”, was released in 2009. It included several singles including the popular radio-hit “The Girl And The Robot” which featured the Swedish singer Robyn on vocals. This was the Norwegian entry in FSC June 2009. In 2010 they released its ‘ambient twin’, “Senior”. Then in December 2012 Röyksopp released an Electro-Pop single called “Running To The Sea”. It featured the Norwegian pop-artist Susanne Sundfør on vocals. This was the Norwegian entry in FSC March 2013. In May 2014 Röyksopp released a new EP called “Do It Again” in a musical collaboration with the Swedish Electro-Pop Star Robyn. The EP included 5 songs including “Do It Again” (which was the Norwegian entry in FSC July 2014) and “Monument” which later got a remix on their 2014 album ‘The Inevitable End’. The remix-version was the Norwegian entry in FSC February 2015. Röyksopp then informed they were ‘semi’retiring’ from the music-business.

In September 2016, however, a new digital single was released by Röyksopp, the new song “Never Ever” with Susanne Sundfør once again collaborating with vocals. This was the Norwegian entry in January 2017. They kept semi-active and in 2019 they announced that they would release B-sides and previously unreleased tracks through a project they called ‘Lost Tapes’ and they continued with this until early 2021. In late 2021 Röyksopp announced that they would release a new musical project in 2022 which turned out to be a new album called “Profound Mysteries”. Several singles from this new album were released in early 2022 and the album itself was released in late April 2022. It included many new songs including a beautiful Nordic Electro-pop ballad called “If You Want Me” which featured Susanne Sundfør on vocals in a new musical collaboration. This is the song chosen by the Norwegian jury as the Norwegian entry here in FSC September 2022.

Röyksopp are a talented Norwegian Electro-pop duo who simply ‘refuse to die’, they re-invent themselves and we will for sure see more of them in the future.

Susanne Aartun Sundfør (born 1986 in Haugesund, Norway) is a popular and acclaimed Norwegian pop-artist & singer-songwriter. She released 5 studio albums between 2007-2015. In February 2008 she was awarded Spellemannprisen (Norwegian Grammy) for best female performance. In 2010 her 3rd album “The Brothel” was released to great critical / national acclaim, and ended up becoming the 2nd bestselling album of the year. Her musical style was by now quite ‘experimental and atmospheric’ within the ‘broad landscape of pop music’ and with her special, characterized voice it made for a very interesting – and moving – combination. In 2012 she released the album “The Silicone Veil”, and in 2017 the album “Music for People in Trouble”. She has also collaborated on several songs by Röyksopp, including “Running To The Sea” and “Never Ever” and now recently in 2022 providing vocals on 2 songs on Röyksopp’s newest album, one of them is “If You Want Me”. She has also taken part as a solo artist for Norway in FSC, and we are sure to see more of her musical talent in the years to come.

The Norwegian entry for FSC September 2022, “If You Want Me”, by Röyksopp ft. Susanne Sundfør on vocals, is an almost hauntingly beautiful Nordic Electro-pop ballad written by Röyksopp themselves. The Norwegian jury is happy to enter Röyksopp again in the FSC for Norway.

Below are the lyrics in English. Hope you’ll enjoy the Norwegian entry for September 2022!
tqcd9Op.gif

yQwRxUC.gif

Röyksopp ft. Susanne Sundfør – If You Want Me

As the evening’s dying down
I will tend my weary mind
I must rest this heavy head
Getting tired

All these complicated fears
Equal complicated tears
Through a misty veil of black
I am blinded

A quiet in this room
All this suffocating gloom
When the darkness pulls me in
I am drowning

All the things that might have been
There were signs I should have seen
All these thoughts will wear me down
‘Til I’m broken

Will you keep me hanging high
Will you bleed me out to die
I will tear myself apart
You belong here

Like a phototrophic spark
I will perish in the dark
When all light is washed away
It’s all ending

There are things you want to know
Certain things I should have shown
There’s so much I want to say
If you’ll let me

Will you keep me hanging high
Will you bleed me out to die
I will tear myself apart
You belong here

Draw the line out in the sand
If you want me, here I am
We were destined from the start
We’re forever

Id2mrPs.gif

-M​

A-lister

Veteran
FSC#163 - September 2022

Brother Leo

Caroline

YXeizrw.jpg

PRESENTATION:

So after winning last month's edition, Sweden is changing the direction a bit with this month's hosting entry. Closing the summer season with this cool, catchy and funky reggae-inspired midtempo indie-Pop song performed by Brother Leo.

Brother Leo is the new music project, and pseudonym, of now 36-year old Pop singer Ola Svensson (who up until 2016 professionally went by the mononym Ola). Svensson first started out at the age of 19 on the TV-talent show Swedish Idol back in 2005 where he finished eighth overall. The following year he debuted with the single Rain, which topped the official Swedish Singles chart followed by the debut album Given to Fly, which also managed to top the Swedish Albums chart. In 2007 he released his follow up album Good Enough, which included the singles Natalie and S.O.S. (both of which managed to top the Swedish Singles chart respectively). In 2008 he would re-release his second album following his attempt at representing Sweden in the Eurovision Song Contest after finishing in the second chance round of the Swedish national selection Melodifestivalen with the entry Love in Stereo.

In 2010, Ola made his second attempt in Melodifestivalen with the entry Unstoppable which managed to qualify to the final. The single became his fifth #1 on the Swedish Singles chart and was followed by the release of his third, and self-titled, album which also became his first album released through his own newly established record label. 2012 would mark the year when Ola managed to get some international success, in particular in Italy where the first single from his fourth album; I'm in Love, managed to give him a top. 5 hit in the country. Except for some smaller projects, Ola took a break from music in around 2014-2015 and came back as Brother Leo in 2018 with the single Strangers on an Island followed by a handful of singles, including this month's Swedish entry which was released earlier this year. A new album, which would be Ola's fifth in total and first under the new pseudonym, is expected sometime this year or next year.

LYRICS:

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
xptC4rp.gif

FSC Norway - October 2022 - Helene Bøksle - Til Havet

D1DiYTh.jpg

Representing Norway in FSC October 2022, and returning to the FSC for Norway after 4.5 years, is the accomplished and popular Norwegian Folk-(pop) singer Helene Bøksle. Here is some more information about her.

Helene Margrete Bøksle, or just Helene Bøksle as is her artist-name, was born in 1981 near Kristiansand in southern Norway. She gained national fame in 2003 when she took part in the Norwegian talent-tv-show “Kjempesjansen”. In 2004 her musical and theatrical concept called “Elverhøy” was realised and a same-titled album was released in 2006. Helene’s own brand of Norwegian Folk-pop music, with folk-music rhythms and instrumentation (including the famous Norwegian Hardanger-fiddle, the Hardingfele) and also featuring her distinct beautiful crystal-clear voice, became very popular and she quickly established herself in the genre.

In 2008 she contributed with vocals on the Norwegian-produced MMORPG “Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures” Soundtrack. In early 2009 she then released her 2nd album called “Morild” which also became a success. In November 2009 Helene Bøksle released a Christmas album which consisted mostly of traditional Christmas songs but also the beautiful new song “Lys Til Nattsvart Jord” which was the Norwegian entry in FSC December 2009. She re-released her Christmas album in late 2010 and the album now included 2 added songs.

In February 2011 Helene participated in the Norwegian MGP with her beautiful Folk-pop single “Vardlokk”. She reached the MGP Final but did not make it to the top 4. Her song and performance was appreciated though. In June 2011 Helene Bøksle’s beautiful single “Hildring” was released. This was the song chosen as the Norwegian entry in FSC November 2011.

In late summer 2012 Helene Bøksle released the beautiful ballad “Ved havet”. This was the song chosen by the Norwegian Jury as the Norwegian entry in FSC January 2013.

In September 2013 her new CD-album “Svalbard” was finally released. The album included many beautiful songs performed in Norwegian in Helene Bøksle’s dialect, and one of these songs was the new, energetic Folk-pop song called “Hugtatt”. This was the song chosen by the Norwegian jury as the Norwegian entry in FSC January 2014.

Helene released more music in 2014/2015, incl. a few singles + an album aimed at children with her versions of famous Norwegian lullabies, “God natt, min skatt”, in November 2014.

In February 2016 she released a new digital single, a powerful Nordic Folk-ballad performed in Old Norse (Norrønt, an old Norwegian/Icelandic language spoken in the Nordics 800-1100 years ago) language called “Bifröst”. This was the title-song from the new Norwegian historic movie called “Birkebeinerne” which also premiered in February 2016. This was the song chosen by the Norwegian jury as the Norwegian entry in FSC March 2016. That same year she also released the album “Sanger fra vår ø” with Norwegian coastal traditional songs.

In October 2017 she released a single from a forthcoming album (“Winter Blessings”) called “The Blue Wave”. A second single, a Celtic-Norwegian Folk-ballad called “The Spirit In The Snow”, was released in November 2017. This was Norwegian entry in FSC May 2018. In 2020 she then released a Greatest Hits album called “Min Musikalske Historie” which included all her most famous songs. The same year she also released a ‘Live’ Christmas album.

In 2021 she participated on a CD-album called “Hjerter Nær Havet”, with songs from a local Musical, released in December 2021. One of the beautiful Nordic Folk-ballads from this album was “Til Havet”. This is the song chosen as the Norwegian entry here in FSC October 2022.

Helene Bøksle has in 2022 also released an EP called “Vegvisir”, based on a new project, which also includes a song in Old Norse. She is a versatile and talented artist, one of Norway’s most beloved Folk-(pop) singers, from whom we will without doubt hear more in the years to come.

The Norwegian entry for FSC October 2022, “Til Havet”, is a beautiful Nordic Folk-ballad performed in Norwegian language by the talented Folk-(pop) artist Helene Bøksle. The Norwegian jury is happy to enter Helene Bøksle again in the FSC for Norway.

Below are the lyrics in Norwegian with a translation into English language. Hope you’ll enjoy the Norwegian entry for October 2022!
tqcd9Op.gif

yQwRxUC.gif

Helene Bøksle - Til Havet

Til Havet / To the Ocean
Har jeg gitt bort mitt hjerte / I have given my heart
Det elsker meg som jeg er / It loves me for who I am

Til Havet / To the Ocean
Kan jeg gi bort min smerte / I can unload my pain
Der skylles den langt av sted / Where it is swept far away

Nå har jeg vært / I have now been
Sterk nok så lenge / Strong enough for so long
Nær deg / Close to you
Lar jeg tårene falle / I let my tears fall

Du værer rundt meg / You encloak me
Og bærer mitt hjerte / And carry my heart
Til alt det vonde mister kraft / Until all the pain lessens

Til Havet / To the Ocean
Har jeg gitt bort mitt hjerte / I have given my heart
Det elsker meg som jeg er / It loves me for who I am

Til Havet / To the Ocean
Kan jeg gi bort min smerte / I can unload my pain
Der skylles den langt av sted / Where it is swept far away

Id2mrPs.gif

-M​

hawadharma

:my: FSC OCTOBER 2022 - MALAYSIA :my:

Artist: Aina Abdul
Song: "Fool"

ab67616d00001e022da6a479512f9d857c4bf05a

Lyrics:

You’re indecisive makes me bleed
To love or to hate me
You can't even see
I hate to say that I knew it but
When there’s me and you
There she is too

Little white lies got me fooled
Now I’m alone locked in my room
I’m lonely caught in my blues
Your dirty lies on a loop
I can't see and I can't move
You got me up in my mind

Chorus:
Yeah I’m a fool fool fool
Fool fool
I’m a fool for you
Yeah I’m a fool fool fool
Fool fool
I’m a fool for you​

A-lister

Veteran
FSC#164 - October 2022

f9E94d0.jpg

Innan dom stelnar

PRESENTATION:

For this edition, Sweden is sending the six-piece music collective Den Svenska Björnstammen (The Swedish Bear Population) with the midtempo alternative-Folk rock song Innan dom stelnar (Before They Stiffen).

The band, which consists of members Petter Frisendahl, Klas Isaksson, Åke Olofsson, Mattias Göransson, Dan Brännvall and Ambjörn Göransson, debuted back in 2008 as a seven-piece (including former member Kim Dahlberg). They got their breakthrough in 2011 with the single Vart jag mig i världen vänder (Wherever in the World I Wander), which topped the official Swedish Singles Chart and ended up as one of the biggest songs in Sweden of that year, and is still considered one of the biggest Swedish language songs of the 2010s. The following year, they released their debut album titled Ett fel närmare rätt (One Wrong Closer to Right), which also included the popular Svalkar vinden (The Wind Cools). Since then, they have released additionally four studio albums including the 2022 Djur och människa (Animal and Human), where this edition's entry is taken from.

It is not that easy to define the band's musical direction, but overall it can be described as a blend of indie-rock, indie-pop, electronica, alternative folk and Swedish vispop. The band has become sort of a cult band domestically, and while they haven't lived up to the commercial success of their breakthrough, they still remain a respected band.

LYRICS:

LYRICS [ENGLISH TRANSLATION]:

Last edited:

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
xptC4rp.gif

FSC Norway - November 2022 - Confidential ft. Madeleine Liljestam - Black Angel

EBTYXQZ.jpg

Representing Norway in November 2022, and returning to the FSC for Norway after 6 months, is the quite new Norwegian Symphonic Metal band called Confidential, this time ft. Swedish Metal Vocalist Madeleine Liljestam of the Swedish Metal band Eleine. Here is some more information about them.

Confidential is a fairly new Symphonic Metal band from Norway. The band consists of 4 members:

Astrid K Mjøen (lead vocals, songwriter and band founder)
Frode Hovd (rhythm guitar)
David Hovde (lead guitar)
Charlotte Stav (synths & backing vocals)

The band was founded in 2020. Astrid K Mjøen had been working as a freelance singer for some years and now wanted to form a band which played Symphonic Metal. She assembled the other members and they started work on songs which were to be included on a future album. The songs were of a very personal character, with stories from her life the past few years which had been challenging, something reflected in the very emotional and beautiful songs created.

Confidential blends haunting melodies (with Astrid K Mjøen’s beautiful voice shining) with intricate and bombastic symphonic arrangements, topped with heavy guitar work. The style is Symphonic Metal with some Gothic influences which places them bang in the centre of this Metal subgenre.

The debut-album called “Devil Inside”, preceeded by several singles, was finally released in March 2022 to very good reviews and fan appreciation. The album featured many guest artists like Jake E (ex Amaranthe, Cyhra), Madeleine Liljestam & Rikard Ekberg (Eleine) and Mike LePond (Symphony X). The album featured 12 songs, some more upbeat/uptempo and others in the Metal ballad genre, but all displaying the band’s talented craft in Symphonic Metal. One of the songs on this new album was the beautiful and melodic song called “Queen Of The Dark” which was the Norwegian entry in FSC May 2022.

Another beautiful song on the album is the Gothic Metal Power-ballad “Black Angel” which features Madeleine Liljestam in a strong duet with Astrid K Mjøen. This is the song chosen by the Norwegian jury as the Norwegian entry here in FSC November 2022.

Confidential is a very talented quite new Symphonic Metal band from Norway from whom we will without doubt hear more in the coming years.

Madeleine Liljestam is the lead vocalist of the Swedish Metal band Eleine. She is known for having a powerful voice and strong female vocals. The band is notable for mixing different kinds of genres, with the most prominent ones being Symphonic Metal, death metal and thrash metal. In April 2014 Eleine released their debut single and music video "Gathering Storm" after having recruited David Eriksson on drums, Sebastian Berglund on keyboards, and Andreas Mårtensson on bass in 2013. In the years since they have released 3 studio albums and 2 EPs. In January 2022 Eleine signed with record label Atomic Fire Records. Madeleine Liljestam also collaborated with Norwegian Symphonic Metal band Confidential on their single “Black Angel” from their 2022-album. Eleine are a popular Metal band from whom we will hear more in the future.

The Norwegian entry for FSC #165 November 2022, called “Black Angel”, is a beautiful Gothic Power-ballad performed by Astrid K Mjøen of Confidential and Madeleine Liljestam in a strong and powerful duet, showcasing the Dark vs the Light (Dark Angel vs Angel of Light as depicted in the professional video which accompanies the song). The Norwegian jury is happy to enter Confidential again in the FSC for Norway.

Below are the lyrics in English. Hope you’ll enjoy the Norwegian entry for November 2022!
tqcd9Op.gif

yQwRxUC.gif

Confidential ft. Madeleine Liljestam - Black Angel

In your dreams you see me as your saviour
Close your eyes, I'll be your guide
See the stars believe you're one them
Only then you'll find your way

I hear a voice, is this a sign
Is this the time for me to shine?
You're in my dreams at night I fear
The black angel is here

Black angel eyes are all I fear
Feel my power within
I fold my hands, and send a prayer
Send a prayer

My heart is bleeding still it sings
Sense the wind of my black wings
Two souls are fallen, damned as twins

Don't try to run, or close your eyes
In dreams, no one will hear my cries
Two souls are falling, slowly dies

Come with me, I'll show you my desire
Sell your soul for one last time
The world ends here tonight, you are forsaken
Only I can guide your way

I feel a shadow haunting me
Forever lost, can't you see?
Release my soul, can I be free?

Only then can you be free
You're in my dreams at night, I fear
The black angel is here

Black angel eyes are all I fear
Feel my power within
I fold my hands, and send a prayer
Send a prayer

My heart is bleeding still it sings
Sense the wind of my black wings
Two souls are fallen, damned as twins

Don't try to run, or close your eyes
In dreams, no one will hear my cries
Two souls are falling, slowly dies

It’s too late, black angel's here

Id2mrPs.gif

-M​

A-lister

Veteran
FSC#165 - November 2022

Sofia Karlberg & Discrete feat. TUSO

Hold My Love

D08Bu36.jpg

PRESENTATION:

For this November edition, Sweden is going back to Dance music with the hypnotic and mysterious EDM and Deep House track Hold My Love performed by 25-year old, up-and-coming, singer Sofia Karlberg in collaboration with Swedish Dance act and music producer August Discrete Ramberg and Welsh songwriter Tudor TUSO Davies. The song is the title track taken from Karlberg's second EP released this year, following her first EP release Spotless Mind from 2019.

LYRICS:

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
xptC4rp.gif

FSC Norway - December 2022 - Metteson - Second Heart

aUCC4cx.jpg

Representing Norway in December 2022 is a New Artist for Norway in FSC, the talented, popular and colourful Norwegian pop-singer called Metteson. Here is some more information about him.

Sverre Breivik (born 1993) is a Norwegian theatre actor and pop-singer who breaks male/female traditions with his colourful artistic work. He calls himself Metteson in his music career. He is from the town of Moss south-east of Oslo. He is educated at the Norwegian State Theatre College and after he graduated he began work in the theatre in Bergen where he had roles in ‘Fiddler on the Roof’, ‘Cinderella’, ‘Hamlet’ and a play called ‘Angels in America’.

He has said in interviews that he enjoys performing in the theatre but felt he needed to expand his artistic universe and so he began making music. His first single called “80 Miles” was released in 2019 and his first EP “Convince Me” came in 2021. It got rave reviews and included several popular songs among them the hits “Harder” and “Devotion”. The style was Synth-pop added to Metteson’s vocal style and arrangement.

In 2021 he was awarded a prize as Most Promising Newcomer in Norwegian Pop and was also nominated for a Norwegian Grammy Award as Best Newcomer. He kept on releasing new singles and held concerts in Norway and elsewhere, also joining stars such as AURORA on stage. The song “Under Your Shirt” became popular later in 2021 and he followed it with “Come, Cry”.

In March of 2022 he then released the dramatic theatrical pop-ballad called “Second Heart”, this also becoming very popular, which was accompanied by a colourful, artistic video in the style which he had by now become well known. This is the song chosen by the Norwegian jury as the Norwegian entry here in FSC December 2022.

Metteson is a talented Norwegian artist, ‘branching out’ in the theatre and in music in his own fashion, showing his artistry and making a name for himself, from whom we will without doubt hear more in the years to come.

The Norwegian entry for FSC #166 December 2022, called “Second Heart”, is a beautiful soaring, theatrical dramatic pop-ballad by the talented, popular and colourful Norwegian artist called Metteson. The Norwegian jury is happy to enter Metteson in the FSC for Norway.

Below are the lyrics in English. Hope you’ll enjoy the Norwegian entry for December 2022!
tqcd9Op.gif

yQwRxUC.gif

Metteson - Second Heart

You followed me home before
It's always given, but feels like a loss
There's still more just friends conversations
Ahead of us

I'm deaf to the slamming door
Like a gunshot setting you free
Now all the city's dead ends
Form a straight line behind me

Why do I let my lips touch lips impure
Like I've never seen a fire before
Why do I always have to burn before I learn
How to let you go

Why do I rush to lay myself down bare
Like I have a second heart to spare
How to let you go

You followed me home again
Can one last time start the end
And can we sleep 'till we dawn as men
Who'll understand the reason why

Why I let my lips touch lips impure
How to let you go

How to let you go

Everytime I think that I can hold my own
Just as I've started healin'
Creeping up on me when I'm alone
The possibility of feelin'

Why do I let my lips touch lips impure
How to let you go

How to let you go

Id2mrPs.gif

-M​

hawadharma

:my:

FSC DECEMBER 2022
MALAYSIA

Artist: Aisha Retno
Song: "Pencarianku"

Aisha Retno is a rising singer-songriter in Malaysian music industry. She is of mixed Malaysian-Indonesian descent, where her mum, Jen Retno is a famous Indonesian singer in the 80s and her father is a Malaysian businessman. This song "Pencarianku" (My Search) is one of her self-composed song together with composer Sharon Paul. The song tells story of a person who is searching for an ideal soulmate.

277111846_697043728144892_1221946722276941621_n-1024x1024.jpg

Meluru berlari ke arah senja nan biru / I'm running fast towards the blue sunset
Di saat ini kau tulus menatapiku / At this moment, you sincerely stared at me
Kau lembutkanku, terkadang barannya jiwaku / You calm me down, sometimes my soul's on fire
Ikrarkan janji melawan onak duri demi kamu / I make this promise to go against all odds for you

Chorus 1:
Dimana kau selama ini yang ku cari / Where are you who I search for all this while
Dimana cinta sejati demi jiwa ini / Where is the true love, for my soul
Di siang dan malamku / In my days and nights
Masih memikirkanmu / I still think about you

Chorus 2:
Dan kini / And now
Ku rindukan sebuah rasa / I'm longing for a feeling
Bagai cinta yang terindah di hidupku / Like the most beautiful love in my life
Seperti mereka yang sering cintakanku / A life like them, who always loves me
Tulus kerna hatiku / Sincerely for me
Selamanya / Forever

Aku inginkan, cinta tanpa titik hujungnya / I wish for a love without ending
Sehingga tiba hari tua kita akan bersama / Until our old age, we'll still be together

(Repeat chorus 1)

Rembulan dengarlah aku / Oh Moon, listen to me
Dekatkanku dengannya / Bring me closer to him

(Repeat chorus 1 & 2)

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
xptC4rp.gif

FSC Norway - January 2023 - KEiiNO - Nights of Thunder

I9ztyxy.jpg

Representing Norway in January 2023, and returning to the FSC for Norway, is the Eurovision-famous Norwegian/Sami group KEiiNO who won the popular televote in ESC 2019. Here is some more information about them.

KEiiNO is a Norwegian/Sami Folk-pop group consisting of Norwegian singers Tom Hugo and Alexandra Rotan, and Norwegian Sámi rapper/joiker Fred Buljo.

The group was established in the late summer of 2018 when Tom Hugo (songwriter) and partner Alex Olsson began writing “Spirit in the Sky”, a Norwegian/Sami Folk-pop song inspired by historical struggles for equality. Later the singer Alexandra Rotan and Sámi rapper/joiker Fred Buljo joined the project which became a Norwegian-Sami co-project.

The group name KEiiNO was inspired by the name of Fred Buljo’s home town Kautokeino (Sami: Guovdageaidnu). The last part -geaidnu translates to the “way” or “road” which Buljo stated “represents the road that brought us together”.

Although the three singers had had some success as solo artists, their dreams were truly realised after joining forces – a force the Sámi (the indigenous people of Norway) believe you can find connecting with nature. The northern lights, dancing colourful and free, serve as a symbol of how KEiiNO believes everyone should be allowed to feel – regardless of who they love, how they look or where they are from. KEiiNO dares to dream that their music will inspire people all over the world to rise above differences and work together.

“Spirit in the Sky” was entered in Melodi Grand Prix (MGP) 2019, quickly became a fan favourite, and it ended up winning the national final. In the ESC-final the entry received the highest points from the European public’s televoting, winning the televote with an impressive 291 points, ending 6th in the end (including jury-votes).

“Spirit in the Sky” became a huge and popular hit around Europe. After ESC, KEiiNO released several other songs, a cover-version of the US-song “Shallow”, the single “Praying”, another cover in Swedish “Vill Ha Dig”, and finally a new original single “Dancing in the Smoke” released in October 2019. This single was the Norwegian entry in FSC November 2019.

In 2020 KEiiNO released several singles incl. “Black Leather” and “Would I Lie”. They also released the single “Colours”, performed in both Sami language and English. This was the Norwegian entry in FSC May 2020. That same month KEiiNO released their debut album “Okta” which included all their hits and some other new songs.

In February 2021 they competed in Norwegian MGP again, this time with a song called “Monument”. It came 2nd in the Norwegian final. Following MGP, they released a new single called “Unbreakable” in mid-March 2021. This song was the Norwegian entry in FSC April 2021.

KEiiNO released several more singles in the next year: “Addjas”, “Venus”, “A New Beginning” and the cover-song “On a Night Like This”. The songs have shown some diversity in music styles. In October 2021 they also released the Nordic Gothic Scandipop single “End of Time (Taste of Heaven)” which had glam pop rock-ish Halloween-vibes. This was the Norwegian entry in FSC April 2022.

In 2022 they also released the song “Mother of the Night”, and then in November 2022 another song was released, the catchy sing-along Nordic Scandipop song called “Nights of Thunder”. This is the song chosen by the Norwegian jury as the Norwegian entry here in FSC January 2023.

KEiiNO keep on making music, having concerts (they also had an Australian tour in 2022) and gaining popularity worldwide so we are sure to hear more from them in the years to come.

The Norwegian entry for FSC #167 January 2023, called “Nights of Thunder”, is another catchy and melodic Scandipop song by KEiiNO, a sing-along song with wonderful harmonies and beautiful vocals. The Norwegian jury is happy to enter KEiiNO again in the FSC for Norway.

Below are the lyrics in English. Hope you’ll enjoy the Norwegian entry for January 2023!
tqcd9Op.gif

yQwRxUC.gif

KEiiNO - Nights of Thunder

One, Two, Three
And it's hard to breathe
I hum quietly
And you're here with me

Like a ghost
In my head
A memory

When I hear you singing
All our favourite songs