Contact us

FSC Promotions Thread

theditz83

Veteran
FSC 155 - January 2022

:uk: UNITED KINGDOM :uk:

Little Mix - No

Little-Mix-420x420.jpg

Little Mix rose to fame in 2011 after they became the first group to win the British version of "The X Factor", and have since emerged as one of the show's most successful acts. The group have had five number-one singles on the UK Singles Chart: "Cannonball" in 2011 (their X Factor winner's single), "Wings" in 2012, "Black Magic" in 2015, "Shout Out to My Ex" in 2016 and "Sweet Melody" in 2021. In 2021, they became the first girl group to spend 100 combined weeks inside the top ten of the UK Singles Chart.

Little Mix have released six studio albums, and one compilation album, DNA (2012), Salute (2013), Get Weird (2015), Glory Days (2016), LM5 (2018), Confetti (2020), and Between Us (2021), all which have had reached the top five of the UK Albums Chart, making them the first girl group to have five top-five studio albums in the United Kingdom. The group's debut album DNA is the highest-charting debut album by a British girl group on the Billboard 200. Their fourth studio album Glory Days, spent five weeks at number one, the most by a girl group album since the Spice Girls' debut album. It was the fastest-selling number-one album by a girl group in fifteen years and claimed the highest first-week UK album sales for a girl group album since Spiceworld. The album holds the record as the longest-charting girl group album inside the top 40 on the UK Albums Chart.

Little Mix are one of Britain's Biggest selling acts, and one world's best-selling girl groups of all time, selling over 60 million records worldwide. In 2021, they were named as "Glamour's Women of the Year Gamechangers in Music" and have been recognised for their advocacy for LGBT rights. The same year, Little Mix made history when they became the first girl group to win the Brit Award for British Group, since it was first presented in 1977. Their other accolades include two other Brit Awards, seven MTV Europe Music Awards (the most wins for the Best UK & Ireland Act), two Japanese Gold Disc Awards, one iHeartRadio Music Award and six Global Awards.

In 2022, the group are set to take a hiatus to rest and to work on solo projects. So enjoy this FSC swansong from Little Mix... Until they return ;)

Lyrics:

hawadharma

:my:

FSC JANUARY 2022
MALAYSIA

Artist: Andi Bernadee
Song: "Kais Pagi Kais Petang"

Andi Bernadee's latest single "Kais Pagi Kais Petang". Sang in a fun catchy tune, this song lightens up the serious subject of how everyone is struggling for livelihood. The song title is derived from a Malay idiom "Kais pagi makan pagi, kais petang makan petang" which describes how people live from hand to mouth like a chicken, who only gets to eat from what it scratches in the morning and in the evening.

Lyrics (with English Translation)

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
xptC4rp.gif

FSC Norway - February 2022 - Alan Walker ft. K-391 & Boy in Space - Paradise

jarmIPA.jpg

Representing Norway in FSC February 2022, and returning to the FSC for Norway after 16 months, is the talented very popular British-Norwegian Electronic Dance Music (EDM) -Producer and artist Alan Walker, this time featuring fellow Norwegian EDM-artist and Producer K-391 & Boy in Space on vocals. Here is some more information about them.

Alan Walker (born 24th August 1997) is a British-born Norwegian Record Producer and artist in the Electronic Dance Music (EDM)-genre. Born in Northampton, England of an English father and Norwegian mother, he and his family moved to Norway in 1999 at the age of two. He has since lived in Bergen, Norway and has made his music career here.

His worldwide digital song and EDM-hit "Fade" gained attention after its release on YouTube via the label NoCopyrightSounds (NCS). The tracks "Spectre" and "Force" followed in 2015. He then signed with MER Musikk under Sony Music Sweden and his first single under that label was "Faded", a remastered vocal version of "Fade", released in December 2015.

Alan Walker gained worldwide attention. His EDM-song "Sing Me To Sleep" (featuring Iselin Solheim again on vocals) came in 2016. This was the song chosen by the Norwegian jury as the Norwegian entry in FSC July 2016. In December 2016 Alan Walker released a new single, called “Alone”. It featured the Swedish singer Noonie Bao on vocals. This was the Norwegian entry in FSC February 2017. He released several more songs incl. “All Falls Down” featuring Noah Cyrus and Digital Farm Animals on vocals. This was the Norwegian entry in FSC December 2017.

In 2018 Alan Walker featured on a song by Norwegian producer X-391 called “Ignite” released in May 2018 (the Norwegian entry in FSC July 2018) and also released 2 new singles: “Darkside” in July 2018, and “Diamond Heart” in September 2018. “Diamond Heart”, which featured Swedish Sophia Somajo on vocals, was the Norwegian entry in FSC January 2019. In spring 2019 he released a new single called “On My Way” which featured Sabrina Carpenter & Farruko on vocals. This was the Norwegian entry in FSC August 2019. Alan Walker released a full album called “Different World” in December 2018 which included most of his singles as well as many new songs. One of these new songs was the melodic EDM-style ballad “Lily” which was the Norwegian entry in FSC December 2019. At the end of 2019 he released his sequel to his 2016-single “Alone”, this one called “Alone, Pt. II”, and it featured American singer-songwriter Ava Max on vocals. This was the Norwegian entry in FSC October 2020.

He released more singles in 2020/2021 and then in November 2021 Alan Walker released a new album called “World of Walker” with both old and new songs. In September 2021 he also released a standalone non-album single called “Paradise” ft. K-391 & Boy in Space. It was released through MER and Sony Music as a collaboration with mobile game PUBG Mobile (PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds). This is the song chosen by the Norwegian jury as the Norwegian entry here in FSC February 2022.

Alan Walker is a very productive and successful music producer- and artist who keeps making new music for everyone to enjoy.

K-391 is a Norwegian DJ & EDM-artist/producer called Kenneth Nilsen. He created the K-391 music project and often uses a ‘headset’ as a figure or logo which is meant to ‘conceptualize’ himself. He has made music for many years, his songs have been played millions of times on YouTube and he has a large following in the EDM-community. He has taken part in FSC for Norway several times, both as a solo-artist and in collaborations with Alan Walker.

Boy in Space is the professional artist name of Swedish singer-songwriter Robin Lundbäck. His ‘moniker’ refers to his personality, which he has described as "spacey". Before starting his solo career he was one of the members in the Swedish band JTR. He has released several singles in the past few years incl. a cover of Alphaville’s famous pop-ballad “Forever Young”. In 2021 he featured on Alan Walker’s single “Paradise” providing vocals for the song.

The Norwegian entry for FSC February 2022, “Paradise”, is another popular melodic downtempo EDM-song by British-Norwegian EDM-Producer and artist Alan Walker ft. K-391 and Boy in Space on vocals. The Norwegian jury is happy to enter Alan Walker again in the FSC for Norway.

Below are the lyrics in English. Hope you’ll enjoy the Norwegian entry for February 2022!
tqcd9Op.gif

yQwRxUC.gif

Alan Walker ft. K-391 & Boy in Space - Paradise

Said you would rather die young
Live for the moment, forget tomorrow
Guess that you've got it all wrong
Still tryna find out which road to follow

Always try to ride those paper planes
Said that you were fine with my mistakes
Now we're tryna call on yesterday
To go back

We don't always get it right
Then lights go out, the music dies, no goodbye
Now you're gonna realize
I cast us out of paradise

Even if it all went down in flames
We can live to fight another day
Let go and close your eyes
And just remember paradise

It doesn't matter tonight
There's a tomorrow for you to treasure
No sense in losin' our minds
To keep the pieces of us together

Thought about it for a while now
Questioned everything up in your life now
Maybe you should let it ride out
And everything will come around, yeah

Now you're gonna realize

Even if it all went down in flames
We can live to fight another day
Let go and close your eyes
And just remember paradise

Now you're gonna realize
I cast us out of paradise (cast us out of paradise)

Then lights go out, the music dies (the music dies)
Now you're gonna realize

Id2mrPs.gif

-M​

heke1988

FSC 156 February

:fi::fi:Olli Halonen - Pohjola (The North):fi::fi:

Olli Halonen

optimized-1637579733-whatsapp-image-2021-11-01-at-111313.jpeg

Olli Halonen is singer and song writer from Kuopio in Eastern Finland. He is former drummer of Satin Circus from 2010 to 2018. He started as solo artist in 2019 and his first single was "Isän ikäinen" (Father's aged) in August 2020. Olli's first hit was "Pohjola" (The North) in May 2021, which is now :fi: this month's entry.

Pohjola tells about being Finn and its all fineness and weirdness. Olli Halonen describes song as: "-The second most watched TV program of the year watches people's handshake (meaning our Indepence Day Reception) , and the mere mention of Finland in the world is enough to celebrate. We are a strange northern nation, but this is also a great country!

So welcome to the North and our fineness and weirdness Finnish people!

Lyrics in Finnish:

Pohjola

[Intro]
Aluks oli suo, kuokka ja Jussi
Ja pohjoista lakeutta julmetusti
Mut kuka hullu tätä maata viljelee
No, tervetuloa Suomeen
Täällä asuu katajainen kansa
Joka ylivoiman eessä ei jätä kotiansa
Mut joka Espanjaan muutosta haaveilee
Kun lottoa tekee

[Verse 1]
Täysosumakaan ei ihmistä muuta
Onhan Turus koivutkin samaa puuta
Se kovapäisenkin nöyräksi opettaa
Kun halla viljaa korjaa
Pimeässä kesää odotetaan
Sit juhannustanssit räntäsateessa juhlitaan
Meidän tahtoa voi kyllä koettaa
Turha liikaa odottaa

[Chorus]
Ja me huudetaan
Et antaa tulla vaan
En mä pakkasta pelkää
Ei se pysty mun Corollaan
Välil kaadutaan
Mut aina noustaan uudestaan
Se on siunaus ja kirous
Et synnyttiin Pohjolaan

[Verse 2]
Lääkäriin vasta kun verta kustaan
Kahvi ja huumori täällä on mustaa
Ja meille hyvää viihdettä on katsoa kättelyjonoa
Iltasadut opettaa jumalanpelkoo
Ja suosituimmat laulut ne kuolemasta kertoo
Ja ku jossakin Suomi mainitaan
Niin me torilla tavataan

[Chorus]
Ja me huudetaan
Et antaa tulla vaan
En mä pakkasta pelkää
Välil kaadutaan
Se on siunaus ja kirous
Että synnyttiin Pohjolaan

[Bridge]
Suomen kesää manaillaan
Ja talven pimeyttä kiroillaan
Mut silti aina etelämatkoilta kotiin palataan
Meille rujo on kaunista
Niinku sisu, sauna ja Popeda
Tää on pala taivasta
Tai ehkä ollaan hulluja
Ku asutaan Suomessa

[Chorus]
Ja me huudetaan
Et antaa tulla vaan
En mä pakkasta pelkää
Välil kaadutaan
Se on siunaus ja kirous

[Outro]
Joo me huudetaan
Ja liikaa kiroillaan
Humalaan juodaan
Mut aina duunimme hoidetaan
Ja me vannotaan
Nimeen tämän maan
Se on siunaus ja kirous

Lyrics in English:

The North

[Intro]
At first there was a bog, a hoe and Jussi
And a hell of a lot of northern land
But who would be crazy enough to farm this land
Well welcome to Finland
In here lives a nation that can be bent but won't break
That won't leave their homeland even when there's war
But still dreams of moving to Spain when filling out a lottery ticket

[Verse 1]
Even a bullseye wont change a person
The birches in Turku are still made from the same wood
It'll teach the most stubborn of people humility
When the frost destroys the wheat
Waiting for the summer in the darkness
Then we'll dance Midsummer dances in the rain
You can try our will
But it's useless to expect too much

[Chorus]
And we shout
Bring it on
I'm not afraid of the frost
It won't break my Corolla
Sometimes we fall
But we'll always get back up again
It's a blessing and a curse
That we were born into the north

[Verse 2]
We'll only go to the doctor when we're peeing blood
Coffee and humor is dark in here
We enjoy watching people shake hands
Bedtime stories teach us to fear god
And the most popular songs talk about death
When Finland is mentioned somewhere
We'll meet at the market place

[Chorus]
And we shout
Bring it on
Sometimes we fall

[Bridge]
We complain about Finland's summer
And curse the winter
But still come back from trips in the south
Barbarous things are beautiful to us
Like sisu, sauna and Popeda
This is a piece of Heaven
Or maybe we're crazy
To be living in Finland

[Chorus]
And we shout
Bring it on
Sometimes we fall

[Outro]
Yeah we shout
And curse too much
Drink ourselves drunk
But always do our jobs
And we swear
On this land
That we were born into The North

Last edited:

Bmbriga

FCS #156 February 2022

7IJbzRE.gif

:hr: CROATIA :hr:

Eni Jurišić i Matija Cvek "Trebaš li me"

Eni Jurišić and Matija Cvek are friends and they decided to make this wonderful collaboration.

Matija Cvek

preuzmi.jpeg

....is born in 1993. He was playing football as a kid, but after two knee injuries, decided to focus on singing. He released his first single "Magla Sjećanja" in July 2013.

Fun fact:
girl starring in the video was Domenica, who, since then, became a famous singer in her own right.

He rose to fame as one of the singers in HRT's show "A strana" ("A side"), a music show much beloved by Croatian public.

In 2017 he performed at the Eurovision Song Contest in Kyiv as a backing vocalist for Jacques Houdek's song "My Friend".

H20170512010274-1024x695.jpg

After his appearance at the Eurovisiong Song Contest, in June 2018, Cvek released his major label debut single "Visine".

This time he presented himself not just as singer, but also as songwriter and he's writing his songs ever since.

Cvek released his debut studio album Izbirljivo i slučajno on 16 April 2021 and debuted atop the Croatian Top of the Shops albums chart.

Eni Jurišić

eni-jurisic.png

In the early 2017 Eni released her first single titled "Prije nego nestane", that featured vocals from Croatian singer Vjekoslav Kljućarić, also her boyfriend. They met as contesters on The Voice.

The song became her first song to chart in Croatian charts. "Ljetni blues" was released as her second single.

In February 2021, after a two year long hiatus, Jurišić released her comeback single "Gubim dah".

Lyrics and Music are written by Cvek, while Music and Production is signed by

Z++ (link)

klot_Z-1000x560.jpg

Born in 1996, he's a Croatian trap rapper/singer/songwriter/producer that came to prominence in 2019 with his debut trap album "18++".

His mixing of different music genres became more evident on his second album "Zauvijek" released in 2020.

His songs are not something you would hear on radio in Croatia, but his YouTube videos have millions of views, which is quite a lot for a small country, which Croatia definitely is.

Lyrics (English)

Last edited:

hawadharma

FSC FEBRUARY 2022
MALAYSIA

Artist: Sophia Zuhri
Song: "Game of Charades"

Sophia_Single_Final_ol-01.jpg

ACCEPTING OTHERS

On her new tune, Sophia describes Game Of Charades as a song about being comfortable with oneself, despite personal shortcomings and flaws.

She wrote it when she was 14, and it was a reaction to incidents in school where some students passed rude remarks against others.

"I have had close chums (friends) who suffered self-esteem problems, and occasionally I did feel down and sad when others poked fun at me.

"But after opening up to my loved ones and close friends, I've slowly realised that each of us is beautiful and unique, and God made each of us different."

LYRICS

I don't say words that I never mean
Won't share your stories that you don't want me to repeat
I play things fairly and follow the rules
As long as you go by them too

I'm not a picture-perfect person, and no one can be
I make mistakes and I'm learning
How to make it through the week

Chorus:
Boys will be boys, and the girls will be girls
Misjudged for the actions
Our looks and our words, so
Recite all rules and the consequences
I'm tired of the abuse and the misconceptions towards
Everybody being themselves

You can't cheat in a game of charades
Just follow my lead, and create a new improved facade
But we know, it doesn't work
The tables turn, you'll end up hurt
Prepare for nothing but the worst

I'm not a picture-perfect person, and no one can be
I make mistakes and I'm learning
Why can't you let me be?

(repeat chorus)​

A-lister

Veteran
FSC#156 - February 2022

:se:SWEDEN :se:

Skott

It's Not Too Late

kaUfqnE.jpg

PRESENTATION:

For this February edition, Sweden is turning down the tempo a bit but the mystic up with the enchanting and mysterious Indie-Pop track It's Not Too Late, performed by 30-year old Indie-Pop singer-songwriter Pauline Skött (who simply goes by the stage name Skott). This actually marks a comeback to the FSC for the singer, who we last saw competing roughly five years when she ended up in the top. 5 with the entry Lack of Emotion back in January 2017.

Skott debuted with the single Porcelain back in 2016 (which was later to be included on the singer's 2020- debut album Always Live for Always, which also included the 2016- single Amelia and the 2019- single Bloodhound). As a build up to the release of her debut album, Skott released a handful of stand-alone singles as well as the 2018- EP Stay Off My Mind (including the single with the same name).

This edition's entry was released in the autumn of 2021, and is the first official single taken from the singer's second studio album titled A Letter from the Universe, which was released earlier this year. Skott is still awaiting her big commercial breakthrough, but has managed to gather a following of Indie-Pop fans since the debut and has carved out an interesting musical niche for herself in the Pop landscape.

LYRICS:

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
xptC4rp.gif

FSC Norway - March 2022 - TIX - Delux

ZbAJ1ET.jpg

Representing Norway in FSC March 2022 is a New artist for Norway in FSC, the popular Norwegian pop-singer TIX. Here is some more information about him.

Andreas Andresen Haukeland (born 1993), better known by his artist name TIX, is a Norwegian singer and musician, best selling author, record producer and songwriter from Bærum, Norway.

He is best known internationally for having represented Norway at the Eurovision Song Contest 2021 with the song "Fallen Angel".
He has been very popular in Norway (especially among younger audiences) in the past few years with impressive record sales and many fans on social media platforms.

He has also been a public figure and advocate for focusing on mental health problems in society with his own background with mental health issues having grown up with Tourette syndrome, a condition characterised by involuntary movements called tics (ref. his artist name) and being bullied for it.

He has also taken part in reality shows on tv, f.ex. Norwegian Paradise Hotel, season 11, checking in as a VIP-contestant. After his long run that season, he was part of the jury deciding the winners.

In the years before he became well known nationally (2015-2017) TIX was best known for his so-called ‘Russ’ music which is a form of ‘simpler’ Norwegian electronic dance music with fast beats popular among the young partying public and on ski resorts and similar. Many of his songs were, however known for controversial, misogynist, and sexist lyrics. He enjoyed being controversial in this period but has in later years apologized for offending some people.

In September 2016, TIX released his debut studio album, ‘Dømt og berømt’, which peaked at number 2 on the VG-list, the official Norwegian Albums Chart. In 2017 he was a co-producer for the song "Game Time" by Flo Rida and in the summer of 2017 TIX was a warm-up artist for Justin Bieber at the concert at Forus Travbane in Stavanger. He also co-produced the song "Sweet but Psycho" by Ava Max in 2018. In 2018 he also released his first non-‘russ’ pop song, "Shotgun" which reached Number 5 in the singles chart in Norway. However, in the same year and in 2019 he would also create new ‘russ’ songs, but with a new theme of a foreboding party burnout and depression. In 2020 he was a judge on Norwegian pop-IDOL on tv.

In 2021 TIX released the single "Engel, Ikke Dra" which was a dedication to a fan of his who died by terminal illness. He released more singles as well incl. ‘Jente i Oslo’ and ‘Sov godt’. Now in 2022 he has released 2 singles. The first is called ‘Hvis jeg forlot verden’ which has been criticized for giving the impression that suicide is a way out for young people who struggle (TIX says this meaning has been taken out of context). The second single was released in February 2022 and was called “Delux”. It was a happy-go party-dance song which also figured as an ad-song for the popular Norwegian frozen pizza-brand Grandiosa. This is the song chosen by the Norwegian jury as the Norwegian entry here in FSC March 2022.

TIX continues to be popular on the Norwegian music scene and we will without doubt hear more from him in the coming years.

The Norwegian entry for FSC March 2022, “Delux”, is a fun happy-go party-dance song by the popular Norwegian pop-artist and songwriter TIX. The Norwegian jury is happy to enter TIX in the FSC for Norway.

Below are the lyrics in Norwegian. Hope you’ll enjoy the Norwegian entry for March 2022!
tqcd9Op.gif

yQwRxUC.gif

TIX - Delux

Hvordan kan det bli no' bedre?
Alt var ti av ti, nå er det elleve

Okay, hva skjedde nå?
Tar det til et nytt nivå
Ooh, ooh

Jeg bare, "What skjer?", hva skjer
Tror du det her var toppen?
Ne-ei, tok feil
Vi gikk fra øverste etasje, til langt over taket, okay
Lano klager ikke noe mer
Glade dager, nå er han med

Nå er det fest igjen
I alle tusen hjem
Vi snakker ekte kjærlighet, så fyr opp grandisen

Okay, hva skjedde nå?
Tar det til et nytt nivå
Ooh, ooh
Oh, oh, oh

Jeg fikk en bit, jeg må ha mere (Må ha mere)
Ja, nå er livet mye bedre
Shit, vi bare fyrer på
Minst 200 grader nå
Ooh, ooh

Jeg sverger baby
Oh, du er alt jeg vil ha
Du er delux, du er delux
Som sommertider
Oh, herregud, det blir bra
Ah, ah, ah
Det er delux, det er delux

Jeg ser deg stek, stek, steke i hjørnet
Får alle blikk til å tørne
Perfekt fra topp til bunnen, jeg kjenner vann i munnen
Ikke no', ikke no', ikke no' stress
Bli'kke no', bli'kke no', bli'kke no' pes
Kunne spist deg opp, helt ærlig opp
Gi meg ti minutter (Ferdig da)

Nå er det fest igjen
I alle tusen hjem
Okay, hva skjedde nå?
Tar det til et nytt nivå
Ooh, ooh
Oh, oh, oh

Jeg fikk en bit, jeg må ha mere (Må ha mere)
Ja, nå er livet mye bedre
Shit, vi bare fyrer på
Minst 200 grader nå
Ooh, ooh

Jeg sverger baby
Oh, du er alt jeg vil ha
Du er delux, du er delux
Som sommertider
Oh, herregud, det blir bra
Ah, ah, ah
Det er delux, det er delux

Nå er det fest igjen
I alle tusen hjem
Okay, hva skjedde nå?
Tar det til et nytt nivå
Ooh, ooh
Oh, oh, oh

Id2mrPs.gif

-M​

kzmxgirl

FSC MEXICO MARCH 2022

Lupita D´Alessio-Y Qué Tal Si Te Vas​

Lupita D'Alessio (born Guadalupe Contreras Ramos on 10 March 1954 in Tijuana, Baja California) is a Mexican singer and actress. She is nicknamed La Leona Dormida (the title of one of her songs which translates to "The sleeping lioness").

She started her career in show business with her father Poncho D'Alessio who had a musical show called La Familia D'Alessio on a Tijuana television station. She then moved to Mexico City and released a single "Mi Corazón es un Gitano", a cover of the Italian song "Il Cuore è Uno Zingaro" which won the Sanremo Music Festival, both in 1971. Then she was selected to perform the theme song of the telenovela of Televisa titled Mundo de juguete. She was invited to take roles on Ana del Aire and other productions in the 1970s and 1980s. Lupita sang the title song of telenovela Pacto de Amor, where she also acted.

In 1978, she won the Mexican national final to select the country's entrant in the seventh edition of the OTI Festival which was held in Santiago, Chile. Her entry, entitled "Como tú" (Just like you) was received with critical acclaim and as a result, she got third place in the contest. This fact helped her to consolidate her musical career in Mexico.

In 1980, Lupita was one of the main characters in Ernesto Alonso's Aprendiendo a Amar, where she played the role of her older daughter (the younger daughter was played by Erika Buenfil). The telenovela starred Susana Dosamantes (mother of Paulina Rubio). Lupita also sang the theme song "A Mí". She performed concerts on tour in Central and South America.

In 1986, Lupita starred in the movie Mentiras alongside Juan Ferrara, where she played Lupita Montero, an aspiring singer; she performed several songs for the soundtrack of the movie, including "Mudanzas". In 1987, she appeared in the short telenovela Tiempo De Amar, alongside Fernando Allende. Her last project of the 1980s was 1989's "Quién te crees tú", the theme to her last finished acting project, telenovela Lo Blanco y lo Negro.

In 2000, she accepted a telenovela role in TV Azteca's Ellas, inocentes o culpables, although she left the production after a month. She returned to Televisa in 2002 for a guest appearance on the situation comedy La Jaula with Cesar Bono, Carlos Eduardo Rico, and Sheyla Tadeo.

For her work in television and as a recording artist, D'Alessio has her handprints and star imbedded on the Paseo de las Luminarias in Mexico City.

In 2011, she participated as a critic in several episodes of Parodiando.

In 2018, she starred her own biography on the mini series Hoy voy a Cambiar, adding another number one hit together with the song Yo Sigo Aqui.​

hawadharma

FSC March 2022

:my: MALAYSIA :my:

Khai Bahar - "Sengsara"

KBSeng.jpg

Started off as a singer on Youtube and Smule, and busking around the city of Kuching, Khai Bahar rose to stardom with his first single "Bayang" in 2016. To date, he is one of Malaysian most successful male singer of the decade, gaining millions of followers.

Enjoy his latest single "Sengsara", a story of a man suffering in pain.

Lyrics (English Translation):

Puaskah hatimu melukakan seorang yang kau cinta / Are you satisfied that you have hurt your loved ones?
Tanggung duka tapi ku sembunyikannya / I'm in sorrow, but I don't show it
Tangisan diendah janji yang dimungkiri hingga noktah / My cries ignored, my promises broken till the end
Di hujungnya masa kau akan tiba / In the end, your time will come

Dalam sengsara kamu kekal kau di situ / In my suffering, you are still there
Sentuhanmu sengat berbisa jauh dari aku / Your touch is poisonous, even at a distance
Dalam sengsara aku selamat dari mu / In my suffering, I am safe from you
Tusuk jiwa tinggalkan sisa hilang selamanya / Stab my soul, leave my traces, and disappear forever

Mengalirnya merah tiada lagi hiba yang bergema / The red (blood) is flowing, no more sadness echoes
Parut lama masih timbulkan kesannya / My old wounds still have scars
Sesalan melanda bila topeng pendusta mu dibuka / Regret storms in when you took off your masks of lies
Benar nyata padahku bergelita / It's true, this has brought me darkness

Dalam sengsara kamu kekal kau di situ / In my suffering, you are still there
Sentuhanmu sengat berbisa jauh dari aku / Your touch is poisonous, even at a distance
Dalam sengsara aku selamat dari mu / In my suffering, I am safe from you
Tusuk jiwa tinggalkan sisa hilang selamanya / Stab my soul, leave my traces, and disappear forever

Timbangan neraca di akhir segala / The judgment is weighed in the end
Sehalus misteri merungkai jawapan / Discovering answers to the smallest mysteries
Bersama raga sengketa semadikan / Bury all disagreements with my body
Selagi bernyawa kasih akan berkuasa / As long as I'm alive, love will prevail​

heke1988

FSC 157 March

:fi::fi:Amorphis - The Moon:fi::fi:

Amorphis

561894be-6aa9-4dcd-88da-05858b3eccd6.jpg
Amorphis is formed by Tomi Joutsen (vocalist), Esa Holopainen (lead guitar), Tomi Koivusaari (rhytm guitar, backing vocals, harsh vocals), Jan Rechberger (drums), Olli-Pekka Laine (bass guitar, backing vocals) and Santeri Kallio (keyboards). Their music genres are: progressive metal, melodical death metal, death metal, doom metal and folk metal.

Now Amorphis is representing :fi: with their song "The Moon", which is a song on their newest album "Halo". Amorphis is describing "The Moon" with these words: "The atmospheric song reflects well what Amorphis in 2021 sounds like. Lyricist Pekka Kainulainen has been painting drawings and paintings on the subject of the moon for decades. Now that’s the lyrics that reflect the moonlight’s romance."

So enjoy Amorphis, when they send you journey to the Moon!

Lyrics in English:

The Moon

[Verse 1]
On a rock like a tree
The one-eyed figure stands
Dauntlessly time and again
Breaking the salty wave

[Pre-Chorus]
I guard this mountain
You circle me in the night

[Chorus]
If you bow to the eye of stone
You’ll hear a distant song
A story carried by the restless wind
Forevermore

[Verse 2]
The subdued silence of your lips
It commands only me
Unwavering my sinewy frame
The cold night it will endure

[Pre-Chorus]
On this towering mountain
Your love even higher abovе

[Chorus]
If you bow to the eye of stonе
Forevermore

Forevermore

[Instrumental break]

[Chorus]
Forevermore

[Outro]
You’re the moon, you’re my light
You’re the moon, my guiding light

I guard this mountain
On a rock like a tree
I guard this mountain

A-lister

Veteran
FSC#157 - March 2022

Agnes

Here Comes the Night

ulo7Ls6.jpg

PRESENTATION:

So for this edition, Sweden brings yet another comeback to the contest, this time with our last FSC-winner Agnes (who won the contest nearly a year ago back in April 2021 with the entry Fingers Crossed). If you want to learn more about Agnes, you can read the previous presentation.

This month's entry; Here Comes the Night, is the third single taken from Agnes' fifth studio album titled Magic Still Exists (which was released in October 2021). The song can be described as a grand Pop song with a top-notch production and anthemic hook. While ABBA might have made a comeback last year, this track sounds like what an actual updated ABBA sound could have sounded like in this era.

LYRICS:

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
xptC4rp.gif

FSC Norway - April 2022 - KEiiNO - End of Time (Taste of Heaven)

ZP3vL17.jpg

Representing Norway in April 2022, and returning to the FSC for Norway after 1 year, is the Eurovision-famous Norwegian/Sami group KEiiNO who won the popular televote in ESC 2019. Here is some more information about them.

KEiiNO is a Norwegian/Sami Folk-pop group consisting of Norwegian singers Tom Hugo and Alexandra Rotan, and Norwegian Sámi rapper/joiker Fred Buljo.

The group was established in the late summer of 2018 when Tom Hugo (songwriter) and partner Alex Olsson began writing "Spirit in the Sky", a Norwegian/Sami Folk-pop song inspired by historical struggles for equality. Later the singer Alexandra Rotan and Sámi rapper/joiker Fred Buljo joined the project which became a Norwegian-Sami co-project.

The group name KEiiNO was inspired by the name of Fred Buljo's home town Kautokeino (Sami: Guovdageaidnu). The last part -geaidnu translates to the "way" or "road" which Buljo stated "represents the road that brought us together".

Although the three singers had had some success as solo artists, their dreams were truly realised after joining forces - a force the Sámi (the indigenous people of Norway) believe you can find connecting with nature. The northern lights, dancing colourful and free, serve as a symbol of how KEiiNO believes everyone should be allowed to feel - regardless of who they love, how they look or where they are from. KEiiNO dares to dream that their music will inspire people all over the world to rise above differences and work together.

“Spirit in the Sky” was entered in Melodi Grand Prix (MGP) 2019, quickly became a fan favourite, and it ended up winning the national final. In the ESC-final the entry received the highest points from the European public’s televoting, winning the televote with an impressive 291 points, ending 6th in the end (including jury-votes).

“Spirit in the Sky” became a huge and popular hit around Europe. After ESC, KEiiNO released several other songs, a cover-version of the US-song “Shallow”, the single “Praying”, another cover in Swedish “Vill Ha Dig”, and finally a new original single “Dancing in the Smoke” released in October 2019. This single was the Norwegian entry in FSC November 2019.

In 2020 KEiiNO released several singles incl. “Black Leather” and “Would I Lie”. They also released the single “Colours”, performed in both Sami language and English. This was the Norwegian entry in FSC May 2020. That same month KEiiNO released their debut album “Okta” which included all their hits and some other new songs.

In February 2021 they competed in Norwegian MGP again, this time with a song called “Monument”. It came 2nd in the Norwegian final. Following MGP, they released a new single called “Unbreakable” in mid-March 2021. This song was the Norwegian entry in FSC April 2021.

KEiiNO have released several more singles since then: “Addjas”, “Venus”, “A New Beginning” and the cover-song “On a Night Like This”. The songs have shown some diversity in music styles. Another song they released in October 2021 was the Nordic Gothic Scandipop single “End of Time (Taste of Heaven)”. It had glam pop rock-ish Halloween-vibes and was a bit different from their other songs but still had their signature catchy KEiiNO melody lines. This is the song chosen by the Norwegian jury as the Norwegian entry here in FSC April 2022.

KEiiNO keep on making music and are productive when it comes to releases so we are sure to hear more from them in the years to come.

The Norwegian entry for FSC #158 April 2022, called “End of Time (Taste of Heaven)”, is another melodic banger by KEiiNO, this time in a Nordic Gothic Scandipop genre with glam pop rock-ish Halloween-vibes. The Norwegian jury is happy to enter KEiiNO again in the FSC for Norway.

Below are the lyrics in English. Hope you’ll enjoy the Norwegian entry for April 2022!
tqcd9Op.gif

yQwRxUC.gif

KEiiNO - End of Time (Taste of Heaven)

Oh my God, it's Armageddon
I just saw a demon in the park
All I see is stars
And I feel it in my heart
I'm all ready now, Celestial

Hey, it's just the end of time
If you wear those pants up to the door
They will let you in
'Cause you wear them like a sin

Do you want a taste of heaven?
Creatures of the night are getting down
I came to stay forever
End of time, end of time
End of time, end of time

Do you want a taste of heaven?
Girls in leather pants are letting go
Forever
End of time, end of time
End of time, end of time

I've been waiting all my life
I've been waiting patiently to go
Leaving all the light
I'm a goddess of the night

I won't miss a single thing
Leaving my humanity behind
Angels getting high
I'm so over all this life

Do you want a taste of heaven
Boys in PVC are getting down
I came to stay forever
End of time, end of time
End of time, end of time

Angel leather queens are letting go
Forever
End of time, end of time
End of time, end of time

Do you want to dance in heaven?
Count your sins and pray for seven
All the queers go straight to heaven
Please dear God, just show me heaven

I just wanna dance in heaven
They will not refuse this bacon
Please dear God, just show me heaven
End of time, end of time
End of time, end of time

Saints in monster pumps are letting go
Forever
End of time, end of time
End of time, end of time

Id2mrPs.gif

-M​

hawadharma

FSC
MALAYSIA
APRIL 2022

ab67616d0000b273dd3310a487a97b2ecf130193

Artist:
Yonnyboi, Zynakal & ASYRAF NASIR

Song Title:
"Tak Sangka"

Lyrics:

Last edited:

A-lister

Veteran
FSC#158 - April 2022

Dotter

Bon Voyage

rSNmSsP.jpg

PRESENTATION:

For this April edition, and as our host entry, we are back to the Swedish language again (with a little feature of French and English) and with yet another comeback to the contest. So let's welcome, for the third time in this competition, the now 34-year-old Pop singer Johanna Jansson, who we better know by the stage name Dotter. We last saw Dotter in the contest half a year ago with the entry Vintern jag var sexton (The Winter I Was Sixteen), which was Jansson's second top. 3 in the FSC following the entry Backfire (that ended up in the top. 3 back in the July 2020 edition). Could this edition's entry become her third time charm perhaps?

This entry is yet another Swedish language song from Dotter, but this time with a more fun and uptempo sound. The track is a catchy and well produced Pop song with a touch of Swedish Schlager-Pop and also a bit of that quirky Swedish Pop sound we've seen in the contest previously by artists like Miss Li. The topic of the lyrics however isn't as light as the sound, but rather tells a story about deceive and how people turn their back on you when times get hard ending up in lost friendships.

If you want to learn a little bit more about Dotter, you can always go back and read the previous presentation by clicking the link.

LYRICS:

LYRICS [ENGLISH TRANSLATION]:

Last edited:

Ausesken

:es: FSC 158 :es:

MÄGO DE OZ
LA DAMA DEL MAR

mago-de-oz-bandera-negra-portada.jpg

Mägo de Oz is a folk metal band from Madrid founded in 1988 by the drummer Txus di Fellatio. The band became well known for the strong Celtic feel to their music strengthened through their consistent usage of a violinist and flautist. Acclaimed as one of the most recognized heavy metal bands in Spanish, it rose to success in 1998 with the album La Leyenda de La Mancha, reaching the Spanish music charts with songs like "Molinos de viento" or later, with its Finisterra album, «Fiesta Pagana». The fame of the group and its success, both in the specialized press and in the conventional media at a national and international level, especially in Latin America, became even greater after the release of the album Gaia in 2003, being the first work of a completed conceptual trilogy with the albums Gaia II: La voz dormida in 2005 and Gaia III: Atlantia in 2010, with equal or greater success.

The song representing Spain this month, La Dama del Mar, belongs to the album Bandera Negra and it was released on September 5th 2021. The original plans were to release the song with a music video, but apparently they lost the original file of the video and they hadn't any back-up copy, so they presented it with a lyric video instead. [see how important it is to have back-up copies of your files!]

LYRICS

El mar sabe su nombre y el Dios que la juzgó
por matar al hombre que una noche le engañó.
Las olas, centinelas; la Luna su guardián.
Cuentan las estrellas que ella vive ahora en el mar.

Busco mi sitio, busco mi lugar,
busco un hechizo para enamorar.
Yo soy la muerte, soy la maldición,
soy tu perdición.

[Chorus]
Y en la noche de San Juan
cantan las sirenas
melodías de un querer.
Enamórate!
Y en su jaula hecha de mar
llora prisionera.
Es la reina sin país,
la dama del mar.

Mil besos mojados ahogados en el mar
Su boca, cementerio; tumba de arrecife y sal
La costa es su destino; la playa, libertad
Guárdate de ella o esta noche morirás.

Soy la sirena del triste mirar,
y entre mis labios muerte encontrarás.
Busco tu alma para caminar
y salir del mar.

[Chorus]

Cuántas noches te esperé!
Tú eres la elegida.
Solo un beso de mujer
me dará la vida.

[Chorus x2]​
The sea knows her name and the God who judged her
for killing the man who one night betrayed her.
The waves, sentinels; the moon, her guardian.
The stars say that now she lives in the sea.

I’m looking for my site, I’m looking for my place
I’m looking for a spell to make someone fall in love
I’m the death, I’m the curse
I’m your ruin.

[Chorus]
And in Saint John’s Eve
the sirens sing
melodies of a love.
Fall in love!
And in her cage made of sea
she cries prisoner.
She is the queen without kingdom,
the lady of the sea

A thousand wet kisses drowned in the sea
Her mouth, cemetery, reff and salt tomb
The coast is her destiny; the beach, freedom
Beware of her or you’ll die tonight.

I’m the siren with the sad look,
and in my lips you’ll find death.
I’m looking for your soul to walk
and get out of the sea.

[Chorus]

I've waited for you so many nights!
You’re the chosen one.
Just a woman’s kiss
will give me the life.

[Chorus x2]​

kzmxgirl

FSC APRIL 2022 MEXICO

https://flic.kr/p/qxgCHV

VICTOR GARCÍA | COMO LO HACES CONMIGO​

Víctor Alejandro García Pérez (born October 1, 1975 in Cd. Madero, Tamaulipas, Tamaulipas) is a Mexican singer and actor.
His father (Victor Garcia) was a sailor and considers his mother (Juana Pérez Sustaita) to be his source of inspiration. His grandfather was a singer and Víctor was compelled to follow his steps. He formed part of a musical group (Proyecto Malta) and practiced Lima lama martial arts as a teenager. In his senior year, he dropped out of high school because he wanted to dedicate himself fully to his singing career. He learned to play guitar and moved to Mexico City with some friends when he turned 18. In Mexico City, he worked at the L’Canto bar and eventually was able to perform there as a singer.

https://flic.kr/p/3rC9ox
In 1996 he became the singer of the newly created Grupo Nahum and participated in the Festival Valores Juveniles Bacardi contest winning the second prize in the "Best Musical Group" category. They recorded several albums with producers such as Carlos Lara, Gerardo Flores and Aníbal Pastor.

In 2002 he participated in the casting for the new reality show of TV Azteca, La Academia. He was accepted and on June 30 of the same year he joined the 14-member group. He started in the sixth place but was voted off in the seventh concert. After leaving the academy, he maintained a good attitude and was invited back in the "alumni concert" and was asked to stay. On November 10 he became one of the five finalists of the competition. On December 1 he obtained the second place in the finals. His prize was 1.5 million pesos (approximately 140,000 US dollars) in cash, a brand new car, a contract with the Coca-Cola music tour and a contract for five records with Sony Music.

In March 2003 he sang the title song for the telenovela Un nuevo amor ("A new love") with the La Academia alumnus Miguel Ángel. He later joined the cast of the telenovela Enamórate ("Fall in love with me"). In May 2005 he released his first album titled Víctor García which debuted at number one. A month later, he starred in the telenovela 2 chicos de cuidado en la ciudad ("2 guys to be careful with in the city") where he also sang the title song. In August he received a platinum album for the sale of more than 175,000 records in Mexico. The next month he made a presentation at the Reliant Center of Houston, Texas where he was cheered by more than 30,000 people. In 2004 he became the most-played Latin artist on radio in the United States in the Mexican Regional Music category and was nominated for the Lo Nuestro Billboard award in the same category. In August of the same year he formed part of the cast of the sitcom Los Sánchez and was later nominated for the Oye! Awards in the "Song of the year" for Otra vez ("Again"), "Best new artist" and "Grupero singer or group".

In October 2005, he received a Gold album for the sale of more than 50,000 records of Loco por tí in just 2 weeks after its release. He currently plays Brayan Ferreira in the TV Azteca Novela Pobre Rico Pobre.

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
xptC4rp.gif

FSC Norway - May 2022 - Confidential - Queen Of The Dark

cAeDu49.jpg

Representing Norway in May 2022 is a New Artist for Norway in FSC, the new Symphonic Metal band called Confidential. Here is some more information about them.

Confidential is a new Symphonic Metal band from Norway. The band consists of 4 members:

Astrid K Mjøen (lead vocals, songwriter and band founder)
Frode Hovd (rhythm guitar)
David Hovde (lead guitar)
Charlotte Stav (synths & backing vocals)

The band was founded in 2020. Astrid K Mjøen had been working as a freelance singer for some years and now wanted to form a band which played Symphonic Metal. She assembled the other members and they started work on songs which were to be included on a future album. The songs were of a very personal character, with stories from her life the past few years which had been challenging, something reflected in the very emotional and beautiful songs created.

Confidential blends haunting melodies (with Astrid K Mjøen’s beautiful voice shining) with intricate and bombastic symphonic arrangements, topped with heavy guitar work. The style is Symphonic Metal with some Gothic influences which places them bang in the centre of this Metal subgenre.

The debut-album called “Devil Inside”, preceeded by several singles, was finally released in March 2022 to very good reviews and fan appreciation. The album featured many guest artists like Jake E (ex Amaranthe, Cyhra), Madeleine Liljestam & Rikard Ekberg (Eleine) and Mike LePond (Symphony X). The album featured 12 songs, some more upbeat/uptempo and others in the Metal ballad genre, but all displaying the band’s talented craft in Symphonic Metal. One of the songs on this new album was the beautiful and melodic song called “Queen Of The Dark”. This is the song chosen by the Norwegian jury as the Norwegian entry here in FSC May 2022.

Confidential is a talented new Symphonic Metal band from Norway from whom we will without doubt hear more in the coming years.

The Norwegian entry for FSC #159 May 2022, called “Queen Of The Dark”, is a beautiful melodic Symphonic Metal song written and performed by the new talented Norwegian Symphonic Metal band called Confidential. The Norwegian jury is happy to enter Confidential in the FSC for Norway.

Below are the lyrics in English. Hope you’ll enjoy the Norwegian entry for May 2022!
tqcd9Op.gif

yQwRxUC.gif

Confidential - Queen Of The Dark

Can you hear the silence
Whilst walking over me
The emptiness is killing me
Why can't I feel free?

The darkness of the night
The cold from the other side
Is haunting me
Harassing me
There is no more pride

Where’s the hope they say is in my mind?
Who are you to say I will be fine?

I'm walking around in circles
The cold sends shivers down my spine
I can't help thinking, is this a sign?

I’m soon to be the Queen of the Dark
And you should fear my voice
I'll hunt you down, takе your crown
And then I'll make you drown

Wherе's the hope they say is in my mind?

My soul is torn apart
And the pain is breaking my heart
I am lost and all alone
The world is fading

I hear a voice, in my head
Talking about forgiveness
I'm reaching out
I want to shout
Where is my happiness?

People around me don't understand
They try to reach for my hand
What can I do
I wanted to
I just can't say undo

Where’s the hope they say is in my mind?

My soul is torn apart
I am lost and all alone
The world is fading

My soul is torn apart
I am lost and all alone
The world is fading

Id2mrPs.gif

-M​

heke1988

FSC 159 May

:fi::fi:Portion Boys - Elämän ABC (ABC of the Life):fi::fi:

Portion Boys

portionboys-2022-CJyGB.jpg

Portion Boys is bile party founded in 2010 Tampere and Isojoki. Portion Boys' members are by their artists names: El Meissel, Kenraali Vahva, Jalo Tiina, Taiteilija Nieminen and A. P. Vuori. Their music genre is humour music and dance. With their over 10 years career they have became one of the most famous Finn bile band. They have also done co-work with Matti and Teppo a song called "Vauhti kiihtyy".

They are now representering Finland on FSC 159 May with their song "Elämän ABC (ABC of the Life). Song takes listener back to 1980s and tells us a teaching, that "Ei ole niin vakavaa" (This is not so serious).

So enjoy journey back to 1980s!

[

Lyrics in Finnish:

Elämän ABC

Ei oo vakavaa, niin vakavaa

Mä muistan ajan kasarin ja joskus se pännii
Ku mietin sitä, tulen ajatuksestakin känniin
Muistan ysärin, muistan milleniumin
Muistan vuosikymmenien ajan olin sekaisin

Oli Jacksonii, Toni Braxtonii
Vuodesta toiseen pelkkää äksonii
Kumpa oiskin voinut ymmärtää
Mikä on mun määränpää
Kiihkeitä tuulia
Hymyhuulia
Show must go on

Muista et elämässä
A, Sun täytyy täällä rajusti rakastaa
B, Just niinku Toni Nieminen
C, Hyppää vaan silmät kiinni vaikka suihkulähteisiin
Mut jos ei onnistukaan
A, Eihän tää nyt oo niin vakavaa
B, Vaikka kaikki menis perseelleen
C, Vedä vaan tankki täyteen
On maailma taas radallaan
Elämän ABC

Mietin usein yksin, mitä helvettiä teen
Kaivan muistiinpanoistani ohjeen naapurin Teuvon
Usko aina itsees, mitä ikinä sä teet
Ja hanki itsellesi viidensadan markan ajoneuvo

Tästä päivästä lähtien lupaan
Meen satalasissa kuntoni mukaan
Vaikka alkaa ikää tulla
Ei se hidasta vauhtia mulla
Ylämäki elbäris alamäki on
En lannistu, oon voittamaton
Show must go on

Muista et elämässä
C, Hyppää vaan silmät kiinni vaikka suihkulähteisiin
Mut jos ei onnistukaan
Elämän ABC

Vaikka välil tuntuu, et pää vaan hajoaa
Anna palaa vaan, jeeah

Muista еt elämässä
C, Hyppää vaan silmät kiinni vaikka suihkulähtеisiin
Mut jos ei onnistukaan
Elämän ABC

Vaikka välil tuntuu, et pää vaan hajoaa
Anna palaa vaan, jeeah

Last edited:

A-lister

Veteran
FSC#159 - May 2022

Renaida

D-vitamin

FdA5tbp.jpg

PRESENTATION:

Summer is just around the corner in the Northern Hemisphere, and haven't we all been longing for some Vitamin D? Put on your dancing shoes because for this May edition Sweden is sending a catchy club song in Swedish, and the song is just about that; to letting yourself go loose and crazy after a year of darkness and cold (something we all could very well need now after years of a global pandemic and other global uncertainties).

The entry is performed by 24-year old Renaida Braun, who ended up sixth in the 2016-season of the Swedish version of the talent-TV show Idol and got her breakthrough by finishing top. 10 in the 2018-Finale of the Swedish National selection to Eurovision; Melodifestivalen, with the entry All the Feels. After some some singles in English, Renaida has crossed-over to Swedish and started releasing club-oriented tracks in the language such as this entry and the 2020- Dansant ångestattack (Danceable Anxiety Attack).

LYRICS:

LYRICS [ENGLISH TRANSLATION]:

Top Bottom