Contact us

FSC Norway

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
xptC4rp.gif

FSC Norway - June 2023 - Mortemia ft. Ambre Vourvahis - The Hourglass

2UEH43o.jpg

Representing Norway in June 2023 is a New Artist for Norway in FSC, Sirenia-Morten Veland’s solo project called Mortemia this time featuring Metal singer Ambre Vourvahis on guest vocals. Here is some more information about them.

Mortemia is a music project created by Morten Veland, the founder of the Gothic/Symphonic Metal bands Sirenia and Tristania. At the age of 14 years he began saving to buy his first electric guitar. He would lock himself up and practice every day and night. Musically he was inspired by Guns N' Roses's ‘Appetite For Destruction’ and Alice Cooper's ‘Trash’ to make a career out of music and afterwards by f.ex. The Sisters of Mercy, Fields of the Nephilim, and The Mission.

In 1992 he entered the music scene when he was just 15 years. He and bandmate Kenneth Olsson, who would later form Tristania, formed Uzi Suicide. This period inspired his songwriting into a darker and gloomier musical feel. Fragments of Uzi Suicide turned into Tristania. In 1995 he co-founded Tristania and at 19 signed his first record deal. He released 2 albums & couple EP's with the band. Tristania became one of the leading acts in the genre.

After Tristania, in 2001 he formed his own band Sirenia which over the years have become a powerhouse in Symphonic Metal. Parallel to his work with Sirenia he began writing music which did not fit into Sirenia’s current musical concept and so he decided to create Mortemia, a solo-project on the side. He signed a contract with Napalm Records in 2009 and the first Mortemia-album, ‘Misere Mortem’, came in 2010. For the next 10 years he focused on Sirenia.

During the pandemic years (2019-21) he got time to focus on Mortemia again and started to make music. The result was an EP in 2022 called “The Pandemic Pandemonium Sessions” released for digital download. His music was now slightly less dark than before and featured different guest vocalists. Songs were f.ex. "The Enigmatic Sequel" (ft. Madeleine Liljestam), "Death Turns a Blind Eye" (ft. Marcela Bovio), and “Adrenalize” (ft. Caternina Nix).

In 2023 he released what he called "The Covid Aftermath Sessions", a sequel-project with songs like “Frozen” (ft. Federica Lanna), “The Endless Shore” (ft. Ulli Perhonen), and also the melodic Symphonic Rock/Metal song called “The Hourglass” (ft. Ambre Vourvahis). This is the song chosen by the Norwegian jury as the Norwegian entry here in FSC June 2023.

Ambre Vourvahis is a beautiful and talented half Greek, half French singer currently residing in Germany who comes from a background of singing in choirs and musicals. She joined as new vocalist of the famous German Symphonic Metal band Xandria in 2022. She collaborated with Morten Veland on Mortemia’s new song “The Hourglass” in 2023 singing the vocals on that track. She loves music and looks forward to the journey continuing in the coming years.

Morten Veland is a talented and prolific songwriter within Metal music and we will without doubt hear more from him both with Sirenia and Mortemia in the years to come.

The Norwegian entry for FSC June 2023, called “The Hourglass”, is a melodic Symphonic Rock/Metal song performed by Mortemia and with Ambre Vourvahis on beautiful guest vocals. The Norwegian jury is happy to enter Mortemia in the FSC for Norway.

Below are the lyrics in English. Hope you’ll enjoy the Norwegian entry for June 2023!
tqcd9Op.gif

yQwRxUC.gif

Mortemia ft. Ambre Vourvahis - The Hourglass

I stare into the hourglass
On a dark midwinter day
Year by year
The time slipped away

My thoughts drift back to distant times
And to faded memories
Back to mystic paths
And buried dreams

On a bleak horizon
And a deeper kind of sleep

Midwinter snow still falling
The lure of death keeps calling

Here in my darkest hour
My heart and soul devoured
Eternity, my time will come

All this time
I waited at the edge of sanity
For you to come along
And set me free

As time passed by day by day
I waited all my life away
As all my sanity led astray

Confine winter’s hide
Ever since you passed away

Here in my darkest hour

I waited at the ever elusive afterlife
At worst, you pass through here
And faded out of sight

Here in my darkest hour

Here in my darkest hour

Id2mrPs.gif

-M​

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
xptC4rp.gif

FSC Norway - July 2023 - Gåte ft. Djerv - Svarteboka

4ufMkuB.jpg

Representing Norway in FSC July 2023, and returning to the FSC for Norway after 3 years, is the accomplished Norwegian Folk-rock band Gåte. Here is some more information about them.

Gåte (the word means ‘riddle’ in English) is a well known Norwegian Folk-rock band from near Trondheim, Norway. The band was formed in 1999/2000 by Sveinung Sundli (violin, keyboards) together with his little sister Gunnhild Sundli (vocals), Gjermund Landrø (bass), Martin Langlie (drums) and Magnus R Børmark (guitar/keyboards). They played Progressive Folk-rock with elements from metal and electronica and, above all, Norwegian Folk-music.

The band released their first EP ("Gåte") in 2000 gaining popularity. A 2nd EP, also self-titled, was released in 2002. Their first album, “Jygri”, gained a lot of media attention, particularly the wonderful distinctive voice of Gunnhild Sundli caught the interest of music journalists. The EP “Statt Opp (Maggeduliadei)” was released in 2003 and their second album, “Iselilja” in 2004.

In the following years they had active and inactive periods but after 2009 the band said they were taking a long break which lasted many years making many believe they had disbanded.

In 2016 Gåte began thinking of returning as an active band and they started writing new music. The first song was released in October 2017 as a single from a forthcoming EP “Attersyn”, the song “Stolt Solvår”. This was the Norwegian entry in FSC April 2018. A new album called “Svevn” was then released in November 2018. One of the songs on the album was the powerful Folk-rock song “Fanitullen”. This was the Norwegian entry in FSC April 2019.

They continued making music and a new single was released in October 2019, the popular Folk-rock song “Huldra”. This was the Norwegian entry in FSC July 2020. In 2021 they released an EP called “Til Nord” and later in the year an accompanying album called “Nord” with mostly new versions of some of their most famous songs. A new single called “Svik” was also released.

Two new songs were released in May 2023, a song called “Skarvane” and also the song “Svarteboka” which featured the singer Agnete Kjølsrud of the Norwegian Hard rock-band Djerv. The song was a powerful dark duet or “dance” on the theme of Darkness vs Light (personfied in the Devil and a Queen of Light) and this is the song chosen by the Norwegian jury as the Norwegian entry here in FSC July 2023.

Gåte are an important part of Norwegian Folk music tradition and are working on new music.

Djerv is a Norwegian hard rock band created in 2009. The head vocalist is Agnete Kjølsrud who used to be in a Norwegian band called Animal Alpha. Other members were Erlend Gjerde and Stian Kårstad. Their EP ”Headstone” came in 2010 and their debut-album in 2011. They took a break after 2014 but returned in 2020. Their music has had elements of rock, hard rock and black metal. In 2023 they collaborated with Gåte on the new single “Svarteboka”.

The Norwegian entry for FSC #173 July 2023, called “Svarteboka” (“The Black Book”), is a dark, intense and dramatic melodic piece of Norwegian Folk-rock by Norwegian Gåte. It all makes for powerful music accompanied by an equally powerful and dramatic artistic music video. The Norwegian jury is happy to enter Gåte again in the FSC for Norway.

Below are the lyrics in Norwegian language (Nynorsk/dialect) with a translation into English. Hope you’ll enjoy the Norwegian entry for July 2023!
tqcd9Op.gif

yQwRxUC.gif

Gåte ft. Djerv - Svarteboka

Queen of Light (with the Devil periodically whispering in parallel):

Eit rop i frå hel / A scream from hell
Mørket det batt / The Darkness encloaked
Forbanne di sjel / Curse your soul
Be nåde for dei som blir att / Pray for mercy for those left behind

Les ikkje i / Do not read
Fanden sitt ord / Into the words of the Devil
Da fer han fri / Then he will be let free
Du fer til trolldom si jord / And you will be trapped in spells

Med makt til å rå / With power to rule
Og skade ei verd / And harm a world
Ord som kan slå / Words that can hit you
Men ikkje før du tek i ferd / But not before you let them in

Vil du så fred / If you wish to create peace
Halde fram dyd / And remain pure
Fanden sitt kvad / The song of the Devil
Gjer deg sin skjendige fryd / Will please you against your will

Mørkt vil det bli / It will become dark
Vondemakt strir / The forces of Darkness will make war
Til du i mot berget rir / Until you ride against the mountain

Kva enn du vil / Whatever you want
Dreg du i frå / You must leave behind
Kva enn du får att / Whatever you gain
Er det mørkt omkring / There is dark around
Svart som evig natt / Black as eternal night

Devil response:

Men du dreg i frå, fordi eg har orda / But you leave because I speak
Eg kan gje deg alt du vil, når mørket blir til / I can give you everything, in Darkness
Men stemmen den brast / But the voice broke

Queen of Light:

Auge som såg / Eyes that saw
Uskuld som brann / Innocence that burned
Får ikkje gå / Cannot go on
Fredfulle livet det svann / Your peaceful life disappeared

Det vonde satt fri / The pain set free
Du har nytt kall / You have a new purpose
Født for å stri / Born to fight
Berget kan bøte ditt fall / The mountain can cushion your fall

Ein frykteleg makt / A terrible power
I sjelelaus drakt / In soulless manner
I bergveggen fast all si tid / In the mountain imprisoned for all time

Devil response:

Forbanne di sjel. Evig fortapt / Curse your soul. Forever lost

Queen of Light:

Svart som evig natt / Black like eternal night

Devil response:

Eg kan gje deg alt du vil / I can give you everything you want
Eg kan gje deg evig liv / I can give you eternal life
Eg kan gje deg alt du vil, når mørket blir til / I can give you everything you want, in Darkness
Men stemmen den brast. Evig fortapt / But the voice broke, forever lost

Queen of Light:

Svart som evig natt / Black like eternal night

Devil reponse:

Eg kan gje deg alt du vil / I can give you everything you want
Eg kan gje deg evig liv / I can give you eternal life
Eg kan gje deg alt du vil, når mørket blir til / I can give you everything you want, in Darkness
Men stemmen den brast. Evig fortapt / But the voice broke, forever lost

Id2mrPs.gif

-M​

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
xptC4rp.gif

FSC Norway - August 2023 - Röyksopp ft. Susanne Sundfør - Stay Awhile

cRnWlWU.jpg

Representing Norway in FSC August 2023, and returning to FSC for Norway, is the accomplished and popular Norwegian Electro-pop duo Röyksopp. They are back in another musical collaboration with the popular and talented Norwegian singer-songwriter Susanne Sundfør. Here is some more information about them.

Röyksopp is a Norwegian Electro-pop duo from Tromsø, Norway. The group consists of the members Svein Berge and Torbjørn Brundtland. Röyksopp was formed in 1998. The word ‘röyksopp’ is a stylized version of the Norwegian word for the ‘puffball mushroom’, “røyksopp”. The band has stated that the word could also evoke the mushroom cloud resulting from an atomic blast. They have experimented with different genres within electronic music.

Since their 1998 debut, the duo has gained critical acclaim and popular success around the world. Röyksopp has been nominated for 1 Grammy Award, and won 7 Norwegian Grammys.

Albums: “Melody A.M.” (2001), “The Understanding” (2005), “Junior” (2009), “Senior” (2010), “Do It Again” (EP 2014), “The Inevitable End” (2014), “Lost Tapes” (2019), “Profound Mysteries” (2022), “Profound Mysteries II” (2022), “Profound Mysteries III (2022)”.

FSC entries as of March 2023: “The Girl And The Robot” (June 2009 ft. Robyn), “Running To The Sea” (March 2013 ft. Susanne Sundfør), “Do It Again” (July 2014 ft. Robyn), “Monument: Remix” (February 2015 ft. Robyn), “Never Ever” (January 2017 ft. Susanne Sundfør), “If You Want Me” (September 2022 ft. Susanne Sundfør), “Oh, Lover” (March 2023 ft. Susanne Sundfør).

Röyksopp ‘semi’retired’ from the music business in 2015 but returned some years later. They are active again with the 3 albums released in 2022, the “Profound Mysteries” trilogy.

The 3rd of these albums (“Profound Mysteries III”) was released in November 2022 and a popular single from the album was the Nordic Electro-pop song called “Stay Awhile” which once again featured Susanne Sundfør on (co-)vocals. This is the song chosen by the Norwegian jury as the Norwegian entry here in FSC August 2023.

Röyksopp are a talented and popular Norwegian Electro-pop duo who keep reinventing themselves in their artistry and we likely will see and hear more of them in the future.

Susanne Aartun Sundfør (born 1986 in Haugesund, Norway) is an acclaimed Norwegian pop-artist & singer-songwriter with a beautiful voice. She released 5 studio albums between 2007-2015. In 2008 she was awarded a Norwegian Grammy for best female performance. In 2010 her 3rd album “The Brothel” was released to great critical acclaim. Her musical style was by now quite ‘experimental/ atmospheric’. In 2012 she released the album “The Silicone Veil” and in 2017 the album “Music for People in Trouble”. She has also performed on several songs by Röyksopp, incl. “Running To The Sea”, “Never Ever” and “If You Want Me”. In 2023 she sang vocals on the Röyksopp-songs “Oh, Lover” and “Stay Awhile”. She has also taken part as a solo artist for Norway in FSC. We are sure to see more of her great talent in the coming years.

The Norwegian entry for FSC August 2023, “Stay Awhile”, by Röyksopp ft. Susanne Sundfør, is another melodic and catchy Electro-pop song written by Röyksopp themselves. The Norwegian jury is happy to enter Röyksopp again in the FSC for Norway.

Below are the lyrics in English for the song. Hope you’ll enjoy the Norwegian entry for August 2023!
tqcd9Op.gif

yQwRxUC.gif

Röyksopp ft. Susanne Sundfør - Stay Awhile

It's gonna be the right time
It's gonna be the right one
If only I could silence all this noise
The chaos in my heart
It's killing me to be all alone

Wanna tear down my defences
Wanna quiver at your touch

Take a ride
You don't even have to mean it
And if you wanna stay the night
I promise I'll keep it secret

Stay awhile
Baby, you won't regret it
Just let it out
Love is a way to say it

Could it be the right time
Could it be the right one
I linger in the shadows of my doubt
I've waited here so long
It's killing me to be all alone

I better take down my defences
Or the moment will be lost

Take a ride

Stay awhile
Just let it out
Love is a way to say it

Take a ride

Stay awhile
Just let it out
Love is a way to say it

Id2mrPs.gif

-M​

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
xptC4rp.gif

FSC Norway - September 2023 - Thomas Bergersen ft. Merethe Soltvedt - Memoria

CI0ArxE.jpg

Representing Norway in September 2023, and returning to the FSC for Norway, is the talented and famous Norwegian Cinematic Music Composer Thomas Bergersen, once again featuring Norwegian singer Merethe Soltvedt on vocals. Here is some more information about them.

Thomas Jacob Bergersen (born 4th July 1980, Trondheim, Norway), professionally known as Thomas Bergersen, is a well known Norwegian music composer, multi-instrumentalist, and also the co-founder of the production music company and music project Two Steps From Hell (which also has participated for Norway in FSC). Bergersen’s compositions have featured in many motion picture campaigns, such as Avatar, Pirates of the Caribbean, The Twilight Saga, Harry Potter, The Da Vinci Code, The Dark Knight, Tron: Legacy and hundreds more. Bergersen has scored over one thousand soundtracks and film trailers in all, an impressive feat.

In May 2010, Bergersen and his business partner, Nick Phoenix, released a debut public Epic Music Two Steps From Hell album titled ‘Invincible’, featuring some of their most popular tracks, including “Freedom Fighters” and “Heart of Courage”. Several additional commercial album releases have since followed, including ‘Archangel’ and ‘SkyWorld’.

2011 saw the release of a solo-produced album/soundtrack from Thomas Bergersen, titled ‘Illusions’. His second solo public album called ‘Sun’ was released in September 2014 and had many popular tracks including the epic song ‘Empire of Angels’. With his epic cinematic style he was gaining a following around the world, also with his solo-work.

In March of 2020 the 7 part album series ‘Humanity’ was announced. ‘Humanity’ is intended to be a 7 part album series exploring all aspects of human emotion. In July 2020 the album ‘Humanity - Chapter I’ was released to acclaim. One of the epic and beautiful songs on this new album was the song ‘Mountain Call” which was the Norwegian entry in FSC November 2020. The same month he released the 2nd album called “Humanity - Chapter 2”.

In May 2021 he released the 3rd album in his series, called “Humanity - Chapter 3”. One of the beautiful epic cinematic songs on this new album was “Red” which was the Norwegian entry in June 2021. In September 2021 he released “Humanity - Chapter 4”. “Humanity - Chapter 5” was released in April 2023. The 1st single from this new album was the song “Night Queen” which featured the Norwegian singer Merethe Soltvedt on vocals. This was the Norwegian entry in April 2023. The 2nd single from the album was the song “Memoria”, another dynamic and epic cincematic piece of music which again featured Merethe Soltvedt on vocals. This is the song chosen by the Norwegian jury as the Norwegian entry here in FSC September 2023.

Thomas Bergersen will continue to work on his monumental “Humanity” project and we will without doubt be able to enjoy many new beautiful compositions of his in the time to come.

Merethe Soltvedt is a Norwegian singer/songwriter who has appeared with vocals on several songs by the Norwegian/American music project Two Steps From Hell as well as on solo- melodies by Thomas Bergersen, most recently in his ambitious Humanity album project. She sang vocals on “Night Queen” and also on “Memoria” from Thomas Bergersen’s latest album. She has also released her own albums (titled “Myopia” and “Audio Charm Bracelet”) as well as three singles. She is a talented singer from whom we will hear more in the years to come.

The Norwegian entry for FSC September 2023, “Memoria”, by Thomas Bergersen ft. Merethe Soltvedt, is another dynamic, grand epic cinematic melody written by Thomas Bergersen. The Norwegian jury is happy to enter Thomas Bergersen again in the FSC for Norway.

Below are the lyrics in English for the song. Hope you’ll enjoy the Norwegian entry for September 2023!
tqcd9Op.gif

yQwRxUC.gif

Thomas Bergersen ft. Merethe Soltvedt - Memoria

Softly, shadows dance around
The shape of a familiar place
Day turns to night
As the memory of you linger

Roses grow on your grave
To say that you remember
I will take your place
And complete what you intended

Rise before the glorious, we will be victorious
Feel the power grow inside, inside your heart, me-mo-ria
Show the world you're made of stone, carve a path to the unknown
Be my historia, you are the memoria

Rise before the glorious, we will be victorious
Feel the power grow inside, inside your heart, me-mo-ria
Show the world you're made of stone, carve a path to the unknown
Be my historia, you are the memoria

Id2mrPs.gif

-M​

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
xptC4rp.gif

FSC Norway - October 2023 - Jonathan Floyd - Intensjoner

DsWMmtt.jpg

Representing Norway in October 2023 is a New Artist for Norway in FSC, the young, popular and talented Norwegian pop-artist called Jonathan Floyd. Here is some more information about him.

Jonathan Floyd from Oslo, Norway is 21 years old but despite his young age (he started making music when he was a young teenager), this artist, writer and producer has already secured gold plaques, P3 Gull and performances on Norway’s biggest live event, “VG-lista”. Praised by fans and critics alike, Jonathan Floyd received a Best Newcomer Music Award in 2021, and loves 80’s inspired pop anthems infused with melancholy.

Inspired by heroes such as The Weeknd and Unge Ferrari (Norwegian singer and rap-artist), this young artist combines atmospheric and retro-inspired R&B productions with melancholic and catchy melody lines. Several of his newer songs are clearly inspired by Synth-pop/Electro-pop music as well. He usually sings in Norwegian language which is a bit unique since most Norwegian artists performing songs in the Electro-pop / Synth-pop genre sing in English. In the Norwegian Rap / Hip Hop genre, however most artists sing in Norwegian. In this respect he can be looked as a crossover music artist.

Some of his most popular songs from the past few years are: “Perlene”, “Fly”, “Danser Likevel”, “Chick fra LA” and “Heartbreaker”.

In August 2023 he released a new song, a melodic Dark Synth-pop song called “Intensjoner”, which will be part of a forthcoming EP. This is the song chosen by the Norwegian jury as the Norwegian entry here in FSC October 2023.

Jonathan Floyd is very successful on streaming services and keeps drawing audiences in Norway, not the least the younger generations. He is an artist we will without doubt hear more from in the years to come.

The Norwegian entry for FSC October 2023, “Intensjoner”, by Jonathan Floyd is a melodic retro-vibed Dark Synth-pop song performed in Norwegian language. The Norwegian jury is happy to enter Jonathan Floyd in the FSC for Norway.

Below are the lyrics in Norwegian for the song with a translation into English. Hope you’ll enjoy the Norwegian entry for October 2023!
tqcd9Op.gif

yQwRxUC.gif

Jonathan Floyd - Intensjoner

Englefjes, du har gått for langt / Angel Face, you have gone too far
Jeg kan ikke tro hvordan du våger / I cannot believe how you dare
Å fortsatt ringe meg / To still call me on the phone
Du vet at det er feil / You know it is wrong

Kokt opp i en taxi på vei hjem / Created in a taxi on the way home
Hvorfor måtte du fortelle hvem? / Why did you have to tell who?
Jeg kan aldri la det gå, nei nei nei / I cannot let it pass, no no no
You fucked up, synd for meg.. Ooh, ooh / You fucked up, a pity for me.. Oh, oh

Baby vet du hva det gjør med meg? / Baby, do you know what you are doing to me?
Alle dine vonde intensjoner / All your bad intentions
Kommer fram i rusa situasjoner / Which erupt in drunk situations
Ooh, ooh, Ooh, ooh / Oh, oh, Oh, oh

Please hold kjeft, vi'kke høre det / Please shut up, I don’t want to hear it
For du vågеr, og tanken på / Because you dare, and the thought of
At du ligger med noеn andre enn meg / You sleeping with others than me
Jeg vet at det er feil / I know it is wrong

Kokt opp i en taxi på vei hjem / Created in a taxi on the way home
Hvorfor måtte du fortelle hvem? / Why did you have to tell who?
Jeg kan aldri la det gå, nei nei nei / I cannot let it pass, no no no
You fucked up, synd for meg.. Ooh, ooh / You fucked up, a pity for me.. Oh, oh

Jeg blir psycho, jeg blir gal og besatt / I go psycho, I go mad and become obsessed
Av å tenke på hva du gjorde i natt / Thinking about what you were doing last night

Du lurer meg igjen / You fool me again
Får akkurat det du ville ha / Get just what you wanted
Du kjenner forskjellen / You feel the difference
Mellom meg og en eller annen / Between me and someone else
Nå du er på veg / Now you are on your way
Og vi er like langt / And we are back where we started

Du lurer meg igjen / You fool me again
Får akkurat det du ville ha / Get just what you wanted
Du kjenner forskjellen / You feel the difference
Mellom meg og en eller annen / Between me and someone else
Nå du er på veg / Now you are on your way
Og vi er like langt / And we are back where we started

Id2mrPs.gif

-M​

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
xptC4rp.gif

FSC Norway - November 2023 - Wig Wam - Forevermore

S9qt67g.jpg

Representing Norway in November 2023, and returning to FSC for Norway after 11 years, is the ESC-famed Norwegian Glam Rock-band Wig Wam. Here is some more information about them.

Wig Wam consists of Åge Sten Nilsen (“Glam”) on vocals, Trond Holter (“Teeny”) on guitars, Bernt Jansen (“Flash”) on bass and Øystein Andersen (“Sporty”) on drums.

The band was founded in 2001 in Halden, Østfold county, south of Oslo. Wig Wam quickly became one of Norway’s most popular live bands. Their fan base is known as Wig Wamaniacs.

Their debut-album came in 2004, but they achieved true national success and international attention after they won the Norwegian Melodi Grand Prix in 2005 with their popular song ”In My Dreams”. The song subsequently came a very good 9th in the ESC Final in Kiev, Ukraine.

Wig Wam: Discography

667.. The Neighbour of the Beast / Hard to Be a Rock'n Roller (2004)
Wig Wamania (2006)
Non Stop Rock'n Roll (2010)
Wall Street (2012)
Never Say Die (2021)
Out of the Dark (2023)

In 2006 they released the album ”Wig Wamania” which included the radio-hit ”Gonna Get You Someday”. A new album came in 2010 called ”Non Stop Rock ‘n’ Roll”. The album included the popular song ”Do Ya Wanna Taste It” which became the Norwegian entry FSC March 2010. In 2012 they released a new album called “Wall Street”. The title track became another popular hit and subsequently became the Norwegian entry in FSC July 2012. The band toured in the following year, but then in 2014 informed that they were retiring from the music business.

5 years later, however, in 2019 the band reunited, motivated to make a comeback with their famed Glam-styled Hard Rock music. They spent 2020 making new music which resulted in a new album in 2021 called “Never Say Die”. In January 2022 HBO Max released the television series ‘Peacemaker’ which featured the band's song "Do Ya Wanna Taste It" as its opening theme and also included "In My Dreams" on the soundtrack. This increased interest in the band and they started work on a new album called “Out of the Dark” which was released in early 2023. On this new album there was a new powerful song called “Forevermore” which was released as a single in January 2023. This is the song chosen by the Norwegian jury as the Norwegian entry here in FSC November 2023.

Wig Wam is a hard-working and talented Hard Rock band from Norway who are enjoying their comeback these past few years. We will hear more from them going forwards is my guess.

The Norwegian entry for FSC November 2023, “Forevermore”, by Wig Wam is a melodic Hard Rock song with Viking/Glam vibes which reflects their Nordic heritage and showcases their love of making - and playing - music. The Norwegian jury is happy to enter Wig Wam again in the FSC for Norway.

Below are the lyrics in English. Hope you’ll enjoy the Norwegian entry for November 2023!
tqcd9Op.gif

yQwRxUC.gif

Wig Wam - Forevermore

Take me back to the land of north
To the god of thunder
Take me back to the land of fjords
Safe from stormy weather

Greed is strong, it leads you on
In your search for glory
You look for sparks in the dark
Like a never ending story

When the battle's at your door
We paint ourselves for war
We make our stand together
Forevermore

When the devil rings the bell
We fight and give ‘em hell
We're all in this together
Forevermore

Forevermore

Take me back to another time
My pagan heart's awaken
Evolution's past its prime
Existence is forsaken

Greed is strong, it leads you on
In your search for glory
You look for sparks in the dark
Like a never ending story

Forevermore

We fight and give em hell
Forevermore

Forevermore

Forevermore

Forevermore

Forevermore

Forevermore

Forevermore
Forevermore

Forevermore

Id2mrPs.gif

-M​

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
xptC4rp.gif

FSC Norway - December 2023 - Moyka - Rear View

bFqheLN.jpg

Representing Norway in December 2023 is a New Artist for Norway in FSC, the talented young Norwegian Synth-pop artist called Moyka. Here is some more information about her.

Monika Engeseth, in the world of music known as Moyka, is a Norwegian singer and songwriter from Hallingdal, Norway. Her pop music, often Synth-pop in style, is influenced by other Norwegian artists such as AURORA, Sigrid, Highasakite and Röyksopp.

She is developing - and focusing on - her own "mystic universe" as she has explained in interviews which is not unlike that of some other music artists like Lorde or Lykke Li.

She started releasing songs under the European record label Made Records in 2019. In 2021 she signed with the Stockholm and Los Angeles based record label SNAFU Records. She released her first songs through an EP named "Circles" after some months of work in 2019. One of the popular songs from this EP was a Synth-pop song called “Colder”. She then took part in several events and music festivals in Northern Europe.

Her second EP called “Spaces” was released in June 2020, and included four new songs. Her third work and debut album "The Revelations of Love" was released in late 2021.

Since March 2023, Moyka released four singles from her album “Movies, Cars & Heartbreak” which was released in October 2023. One of these new singles, released in March 2023, was the powerful and melodic Synth-pop song called “Rear View” which instantly became popular in Synth-pop / Electro-pop circles in Northern Europe. This is the song chosen by the Norwegian jury as the Norwegian entry here in FSC December 2023.

Moyka is a talented singer and songwriter who has continued performing in concerts, at events and in music festivals this past year and from whom we will without doubt hear more in the years to come.

The Norwegian entry for FSC December 2023, “Rear View”, is a catchy melodic Nordic Synth-pop song, with dominant 80s-style synths, performed by the talented Moyka. The Norwegian jury is happy to enter Moyka in the FSC for Norway.

Below are the lyrics in English. Hope you’ll enjoy the Norwegian entry for December 2023!
tqcd9Op.gif

yQwRxUC.gif

Moyka - Rear View

You can tell all your fears to me
We could be, we could be what you want to be
I know you're holding your guard up
And I know that you think you're bad luck

But darling, that's not who you are to me
That's not who you are to me
That's not who you are to me
To me, ah ah

I may be in your rear view
But I still see the stars from here
I'll be here if you want to
'Cause I can see the stars from here

I'll be here, holding on, if you want to, if you want to
I'll be here, holding on, if you want to

You can show who you are to me (ah, who you are)
I know it's hard, know it's hard (know it's hard)
But I can make it easy
Show me how it's gonna be (just show me how)
Show me how it's gonna be
Gonna be, ah ah

But I still see the stars from here (ooh)
'Cause I can see the stars from here

Id2mrPs.gif

-M​

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member

fpMgo09.gif

INTERMEZZO

On behalf of :no: FSC Norway I wish everyone in our FSC Community

xrose -GOD JUL og GODT NYTT ÅR 2024- xrose
Merry Christmas & A Happy New Year 2024

The Christmas-spirit is embodied in this beautiful
Norwegian Christmas Psalm performed by Sissel,
famous soprano, from her 1987 Christmas album.

Enjoy - and Happy Holidays!!
tqcd9Op.gif

fpMgo09.gif

INTERMEZZO

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
MYENboe.jpg

TUhU4sm.jpg

MYENboe.jpg

:no: FSC Norway 2023: End of Year Reflections

Some personal reflections when I look back at the Norwegian FSC Year 2023 and all the songs I have sent to the FSC from Norway.

1. Which Norwegian FSC 2023 entry do I love the most?

Like I usually say, I love all the songs I have sent to FSC for Norway to some extent but some are more special than others. My favourite song from FSC 2023 from Norway - and also my favourite FSC-song overall in FSC in 2023 of all 400+ FSC-songs - is my FSC September 2023 entry by Thomas Bergersen ft. Merethe Soltvedt (‘Memoria’). I have loved it from the first time I heard it.

Special mention also to my FSC-entries from Gåte ft. Djerv (‘Svarteboka’) in FSC July 2023 and from Eline Noelia (‘Strings Attached’) in FSC May 2023. I loved these entries too and have them on my playlist still.

2. What is the strangest/most unconventional Norwegian FSC 2023 entry?

I did not enter a very strange/unconventional entry per se in 2023 though the Norwegian songs were in several different genres. If I have to select an entry which sticks out, perhaps the song by Ulrikke (‘Feels Like Home’) in FSC February 2023 which is in a kind of country-inspired pop which I seldom send to FSC.

3. What Norwegian 2023 entry was the biggest (positive) surprise result wise?

I would have to say my FSC December 2023 winning entry by Moyka (‘Rear View’). I felt it was a pretty strong entry, a terrific Synth-pop banger, which would be enjoyed by several members but I never suspected it would actually win the edition. Competition is strong in FSC with many popular songs and usually you need something a bit extraordinary to conquer. So this vistory was a big surprise for me - and a very pleasant one at that!

I was also positively surprised to see Jonathan Floyd’s song (‘Intensjoner’) come 3rd in FSC October 2023 and Wig Wam’s song (‘Forevermore’) come 4th in FSC November 2023.

4. Which Norwegian 2023 entries were the biggest disappointment result wise?

2023 ended on a high note for FSC Norway after also some more average results in the past 12 months. We got 1 victory and in all 7 top 10 placings which is very good and much better than last year 2022.

My biggest disappointment in general was that Gåte ft. Djerv’s aforementioned song only managed a 10th place. It was a unique, powerful and special Folk-rock song and performance which I loved and thought would have a good chance of going top 4.

Result wise though, the biggest disappointments were Mortemia ft. Ambre Vourvahis who only managed 19th place with their catchy Symphonic Metal banger ‘The Hourglass’ and Ulrikke who only managed 22nd place with her aforementioned song. Especially the first of these two (Mortemia) I thought would do much better since similar songs have made the top 10 before.

5. Which new Norwegian artist/band was it especially fun to enter in FSC for Norway in 2023?

Moyka, who I had considered for FSC several times before in the past few years but where I waited until I found the ‘right’ (that I loved) song. Also Eline Noelia who was a fairly new artist for me too but who won me over with her delicious catchy MF-style schlager-pop song in FSC May (in a genre almost no Norwegian artists embrace).

6. Best result for Norway in FSC 2023?

Our victory and win with Moyka in FSC December 2023. It was the 1st Norwegian FSC-victory in 15 months and very much appreciated and cherished.

7. Anything special with regards to Norway’s entries in 2023?

2 songs in the Norwegian language were entered in 2023 (Gåte ft. Djerv and Jonathan Floyd). As mentioned before, my goal has been to enter at least 2 songs in Norwegian language each FSC-year. Norwegian artists still release most music in English language these days and some of those who do release in Norwegian are not that suitable for the contest as I consider it. Favourite songs are entered regardless of language though.

With regards to genre, as before my goal has been to mix genres to get some variety in the entries. In 2023 Norway sent the following to FSC: Scandipop, Schlager-pop, Electro-pop, Pop-country, Symphonic Metal, Hard Rock, Epic Cinematic, and Folk-rock.

8. My favourite non-Norwegian FSC-song of 2023?

My favourite non-Norwegian song of 2023 was :ba: Bosnia & Herzegovina: Hor Mošus - Ramazan. in FSC April 2023. I love much music from ex-Yugoslavia, especially the wonderful Balkan-ballads, but also some rhytmic entries that combine styles. A great entry I thought with a cool ethnic feel which got my 12 points that month!

9. My favourite FSC-countries of 2023 (ref. 12 points given)?

With regards to my personal 12 points (favourite entries) for Norway given in 2023, they were as follows (from month 1 January 2023 to month 12 December 2023):

:ee::tw::ch::ba::tr::ee::gr::ba::rs::za::ru::ua:

Estonia and Bosnia & Herzegovina got my 12 points twice. Well done all! xup

10. My favourite FSC-countries (most voted for) over the years as of December 2023?

:rs: Serbia has topped my list for long, followed by :ru: Russia in a strong 2nd place :ba: Bosnia & Herzegovina has been a steady climber and is now well established in my top 5. Well done!

11. Any particular Norwegian artist/band I miss not being able to send to the FSC?

I have usually quoted Christine Guldbrandsen of ESC-fame and that still stands. She keeps focusing on the musical theatre and it seems unlikely at present that she will re-start her music career in the near future. Maria Arredondo, who I also have wanted to send, has for the first time in 10 years or so began making new music so if I find a song of hers that I truly like and find suitable for FSC she might be entered in 2024.

12. Final reflections

It has been another enjoyable FSC-year and I am happy I have been able to share so many great Norwegian songs with you all.

As always the greatest pleasure is to share songs and to get to know new songs and artists from all over the world which one would seldom come across otherwise. Result wise it has, as mentioned, been a very good year for Norway and especially in the final months we did very well. It is great to see so many of the songs I send be embraced by the FSC Community. Also, Norway still ranks a clear top of the FSC League Table over time in the contest which is great and a proud achievement.

I have been in FSC for over 14 years now and 171 consecutive editions. All the time and effort I have put into running this contest as FSC Admin over the years together with the FSC Mods is worth it when I ‘see’ the smiles and joy it puts on people’s faces every month, at the LL, the FSC Show and in our FSC Community. Together with you all I cherish this beloved song contest of ours which keeps bringing me much joy and excitement.

Looking forward to the FSC Year 2024 with Norway - thank you to you all for all your great songs/entries, for supporting Norwegian entries and for sharing in / being part of this valuable online FSC Community of ours! Happy New Year 2024, everyone! xcheer xhug

Regards,

Malagant
FSC Admin / Head of FSC Norway
:no:

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
xptC4rp.gif

FSC Norway - January 2024 - Alan Walker ft. Sasha Alex Sloan - Hero (Remix)

hHTp45L.jpg

Representing Norway in FSC January 2024, and returning to the FSC for Norway after 2 years, is the talented popular British-Norwegian Electronic Dance Music (EDM) -Producer and artist as well as FSC Legend Alan Walker, this time featuring Sasha Alex Sloan on vocals. Here is some more information about them.

Alan Walker is a British-born Norwegian Record Producer and artist in the EDM-genre. Born in England of an English father and Norwegian mother, he and his family moved to Norway in 1999 at age 2. He has since lived in Bergen, Norway and has made his huge music career here.

His worldwide digital song and EDM-hit “Fade” gained attention after its release on YouTube. “Faded”, a remastered vocal version of “Fade”, came in 2015. The rest is history as they say. Alan Walker has in the years since become one of the world’s biggest Electronic Dance Music producers and artists with countless digital hits and productions.

Alan Walker: Main Discography

Albums:

Different World (2018)
World of Walker (2021)
Walkerverse pt. 1 + 2 (2022)
Walkerworld (2023)

Main singles: Norwegian FSC-entries*

Fade (2014)
Faded (2015)
Sing Me to Sleep (2016)*
Alone (2016)*
All Falls Down (2017)
Darkside (2018)
Ignite (with X-391) (2018)*
Diamond Heart (2018)*
On My Way (2019)*
Lily (with X-391) (2019)*
Alone, Pt. II (2019)*
Paradise (2021)*
Man On The Moon (2021)
Hero / Remixes (2023)*
Land of the Heroes / Remixes (2023)
Heart Over Mind (2023)

The 2023 EDM-song “Hero” by Alan Walker ft. Sasha Alex Sloan on vocals has been remixed due to its great popularity. One of these Remix-versions has been selected here. “Hero” (Remix) is the song chosen by the Norwegian jury as the Norwegian entry here in FSC January 2024.

Alan Walker is a very productive & successful music producer- and artist who has been making music for 10 years and who keeps making new melodic EDM-music for everyone to enjoy.

Sasha Alex Sloan (birth name Alexandra Artourovna Yatchenko) is an American singer-songwriter born in Boston, USA but of foreign ancestry. Her debut album, ‘Only Child’, was released in October 2020 but she released EPs in 2018 and in 2019. She collaborated on a song with Norwegian EDM-artist Kygo in 2020. In 2023 she also sang vocals on Alan Walker’s new song “Hero”. She is a talented singer-songwriter from whom we will hear more in the future.

The Norwegian entry for FSC January 2024, “Hero” (Remix), is another popular melodic EDM-song by Alan Walker ft. Sasha Alex Sloan on vocals. Speaking about the song, Alan Walker said: “..it’s about honouring the very important people we see as heroes. Honouring the work they have done to make this world brighter, ‘Hero’ hopes to inspire listeners to embrace their inner heroes.” The Norwegian jury is happy to enter Alan Walker again in the FSC for Norway.

Below are the lyrics in English. Hope you’ll enjoy the Norwegian entry for January 2024!
tqcd9Op.gif

yQwRxUC.gif

Alan Walker ft. Sasha Alex Sloan - Hero (Remix)

Been here before, it's in my muscle memory
I'm pretty sure I recognize you
There is somethin' in your eyes
Won't let you get away tonight

You leave me in the dark
I'm stumblin' around like I'm a question mark
Wonderin' if you're around to catch me if I fall
If I come crashin' to the wall

Will you light me up, jumpstart my heart
I need someone before the sun goes down
Who's gonna save me now
Some kind of hero

I can't breathe
Hopin' you're here to rescue me
Before the sun goes down
Who's gonna save me now
Some kind of hero

Some kind of hero

Been here before, it's in my muscle memory
I'm pretty sure I've felt this energy
There's somethin' in your touch
Somethin' reminded me of us

Will you light me up, jumpstart my heart
I need someone before the sun goes down
Who's gonna save me now
Some kind of hero

Some kind of hero

Before the sun goes down
Before the sun goes down
Before you, who's gonna save me now
Some kind of hero

Some kind of hero

I can't breathe
Hopin' you're here to rescue me
Before the sun goes down
Who's gonna save me now
Some kind of hero

Id2mrPs.gif

-M​

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
xptC4rp.gif

FSC Norway - February 2024 - Mari Bella - Different Kinda Love

Bc7PHjv.jpg

Representing Norway in FSC February 2024 is a New Artist for Norway in FSC, the talented young Norwegian singer Mari Bella. Here is some more information about her.

Mari Eriksen Bølla (born 2004 in Bryne, Norway), artist name Mari Bella, is a talented young Norwegian pop artist. She previously went by her real name Mari Bølla, but changed Bølla to Bella to focus on an international music career (the Norwegian vowel “ø” does not exist in English and so an “e” is more convenient).

Mari showed an interest in song and music from an early age. She started in a choir when she was seven years old and has had various singing teachers since she was ten years old. She was in the Sandnes Cultural School choir from 2016 to 2019.

She became more known in 2014 when she took part in Norwegian Jr. popIDOL on Norwegian TV2 coming 3rd. She became nationally known, however, in 2020 when as a 15-year old she participated in and won Norwegian popIDOL, the youngest ever to win that contest.

In December 2021 she signed a record contract with Sony Music Norway and was also selected as a finalist in Norwegian Melodi Grand Prix with the song "Your Loss". She did not qualify for the Final but was voted in for the Last Chance. In autumn 2022 she changed her artist name to Mari Bella and started making new songs to be released later that year and in 2023.

Discography:

«Now That I Found You» (2020)
«Christmas Time (Is Nothing Without You)» (2020)
«Not That Girl» (2021)
«Your Loss» (2022)
«Cry Just a Little» (2022)
«Different Kinda Love» (2023)
«LOVE ME / HATE ME» (2023)

In October 2022 she released the single "Cry Just a Little", and then in 2023 she took part in another talent show on Norwegian tv, “Stjernekamp” on NRK tv. She also released 2 new singles, the song “LOVE ME / HATE ME” and, in February 2023, a melodic powerful Electro-pop song called “Different Kinda Love”. This is the song chosen by the Norwegian jury as the Norwegian entry here in FSC February 2024.

Mari Bella is a talented young Norwegian singer from whom we will without doubt hear more in the years to come.

The Norwegian entry for FSC February 2024, called “Different Kinda Love”, is a melodic and powerful Nordic Electro-pop song performed by the talented young artist Mari Bella. The Norwegian jury is happy to enter Mari Bella in the FSC for Norway.

Below are the lyrics in English. Hope you’ll enjoy the Norwegian entry for February 2024!
tqcd9Op.gif

yQwRxUC.gif

Mari Bella - Different Kinda Love

When we're both in bed
I imagine your hands running through my hair
I know it's him but I still see your silhouette
I can't let you go

Wishing you were here
I feel his body, but his face just disappears
Can he tell my mind is everywhere but here
I still can't let us go

But when we turn the lights down
Imagining my hands on you
Cause he don't touch me like you do
Raw passion and rough
We had a different kinda love

When we turn the lights down
Fantasies of me on you
Cause he don't kiss me like you do
This haunting memory of us

Different kinda love

This feeling in my chest
Every text you send just fills me with regret
He says I love you, but it doesn't make no sense
Why I can't give you up

I've heard all your reasons
Like a song on repeat, that won't let me sleep
You said you need freedom
Like a thorn in my bed
Get out of my head
Can you hear how I'm feeling
I'm sick and tired of your ghost

Imagining my hands on you
Cause he don't touch me like you do
Raw passion and rough

Fantasies of me on you
Cause he don't kiss me like you do
This haunting memory of us

Different kinda love

Different kinda, different kinda ( x 3 )

Id2mrPs.gif

-M​

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
xptC4rp.gif

FSC Norway - March 2024 - Maria Mena - And Then Came You

4jrNDDM.jpg

Representing Norway in FSC March 2024, and returning to the FSC for Norway after 3.5 years, is the talented Norwegian singer-songwriter Maria Mena. Here is some more information about her.

Maria Viktoria Mena (born in 1986), artist name Maria Mena, is a talented and very popular Norwegian songwriter and pop artist. She was born into an artistic family, her mother, a playwright and her father, a drummer. Her mother is Norwegian and her father is Nicaraguan (Afro-Nicaraguan). Her parents’ divorce when Maria was 9 years affected her much and at 13 she moved to live with her father. She wrote music lyrics as a form of ‘personal therapy’ and made a demo of a song called “My Lullaby” which subsequently led to her being given a record contract. It was the start of a musical journey where lyrics would always be important for her.

In 2002 she released her debut-album called “Another Phase” which included her first song. It reached nr 5 on the Norwegian Singles Chart as well as gaining much radio-play. In the years that followed she released several albums to critical acclaim, “Mellow” (2004), “Apparently Unaffected” (2005) and “Cause and Effect” (2008) which won her a Norwegian Grammy (“Spellemannspris”). A popular single called “All This Time” was the Norwegian entry in FSC April 2009.

In late 2010 she released a Christmas-song (cd-single) called “Home For Christmas” which gained much radio-play and has become a Norwegian “evergreen”. In the following years she released the albums “Victoria” (2011) and “Weapon in Mind” (2013). The song “Am I Supposed To Apologize” was the Norwegian entry in FSC January 2012. Another song, called “The End”, was the Norwegian entry in FSC April 2014.

In late 2015 she released the album “Growing Pains”. Maria took a long break from the music business after this, focusing on other projects in her life. In 2019, however, she began work on new songs. The first single from this new album-project was the beautiful melodic Pop-ballad “Not OK” which was released in April 2020. This was the Norwegian entry in FSC September 2020. The new album was called “They Never Leave Their Wives” released in October 2020.

Another album came a few years later, in September 2023 called “And Then Came You” which was well received by reviewers and her many fans all around the world. Several singles were released and one of the most popular songs was the title track “And Then Came You”, a beautiful Pop-ballad in Maria’s style with important lyrics that have strong meaning for her. This is the song chosen by the Norwegian jury as the Norwegian entry here in FSC March 2024.

Maria Mena has written many songs over the years, in many styles and with different arrangements, and her songs very often tell a personal story or give a message that is important to her. She has a dedicated fan base and her music is appreciated by many. She is a creative talent who has made her mark in Norwegian music and of whom we will surely hear more.

The Norwegian entry for FSC March 2024, called “And Then Came You”, is a melodic and beautiful pop-ballad co-written and performed by Maria Mena. The Norwegian jury is happy to enter Maria Mena again in the FSC for Norway.

Below are the lyrics in English. Hope you’ll enjoy the Norwegian entry for March 2024!
tqcd9Op.gif

yQwRxUC.gif

Maria Mena - And Then Came You

I was just getting comfortable
Thought of being alone
Felt a sense of connection
To being on my own

Just wasn't looking to waste my time
On someone who was scared
Was a time for reflecting
And a little self-care

Don't know how I turned around
How I let my whole guard down

It was not what you said
But the way that you said it
And I was a little bit drunk
But no way I'd forget it

That you put your hand on my chest
Looked me straight in the eye
Said that I know who you are
"I think I am your guy"

And I wasn't prepared for
Wasn't prepared for anything
No I wasn't prepared for
Wasn't prepared for

How did you know where to look for me
Or that I had shut down
That you had to get in through friendship
'Cause I would be hard to unwind

How do you know how to talk to me
Make me laugh till I cry
Kiss me like you've always known me
How did you know to come by

Don't know how I turned around
Or how I let my whole guard down

It was not what you said
And I was a little bit drunk
But no way I'd forget it

That you put your hand on my chest
Looked me straight in the eye
"I think I am your guy"

Always been scared of
Love's been cruel

And I've never been cared for
He wasn't there for
Then came you

Yeah, I wasn't prepared for
Always been scared of
Love's been cruel

Never been cared for
He wasn't there for
Then came you

It was not what you said
I was a little bit drunk
But no way I'd forget it

When you put your hand on my chest
And looked me straight in the eye
"I think I am your guy"

Always been scared of
Love's been cruel

Never been cared for
He wasn't there for
Then came you

Yeah, I wasn't prepared for
Always been scared of
Love's been cruel

Never been cared for
He wasn't there for
Then came you

Id2mrPs.gif

-M​

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
xptC4rp.gif

FSC Norway - April 2024 - Thomas Bergersen ft. Merethe Soltvedt - One Last Day

2JMBDhs.jpg

Representing Norway in April 2024, and returning to the FSC for Norway, is the talented and famous Norwegian Cinematic Music Composer Thomas Bergersen, once again featuring Norwegian singer Merethe Soltvedt on vocals. Here is some more information about them.

Thomas Jacob Bergersen (born 4th July 1980, Trondheim, Norway), professionally known as Thomas Bergersen, is a well known Norwegian music composer, multi-instrumentalist, and also the co-founder of the production music company and music project Two Steps From Hell (which also has participated for Norway in FSC). Bergersen’s compositions have featured in many motion picture campaigns, such as Avatar, Pirates of the Caribbean, The Twilight Saga, Harry Potter, The Da Vinci Code, The Dark Knight, Tron: Legacy and hundreds more. Bergersen has scored over one thousand soundtracks and film trailers in all, an impressive feat.

In May 2010, Bergersen and his business partner, Nick Phoenix, released a debut public Epic Music Two Steps From Hell album titled ‘Invincible’, featuring some of their most popular tracks, including “Freedom Fighters” and “Heart of Courage”. Several additional commercial album releases have since followed, including ‘Archangel’ and ‘SkyWorld’.

2011 saw the release of a solo-produced album/soundtrack from Thomas Bergersen, titled ‘Illusions’. His second solo public album called ‘Sun’ was released in September 2014 and had many popular tracks including the epic song ‘Empire of Angels’. With his epic cinematic style he was gaining a following around the world, also with his solo-work.

In March of 2020 the 7 part album series ‘Humanity’ was announced. ‘Humanity’ is intended to be a 7 part album series exploring all aspects of human emotion. In July 2020 the album ‘Humanity - Chapter I’ was released to acclaim. One of the epic and beautiful songs on this new album was the song ‘Mountain Call” which was the Norwegian entry in FSC November 2020. The same month he released the 2nd album called “Humanity - Chapter 2”.

In May 2021 he released the 3rd album in his series, called “Humanity - Chapter 3”. One of the beautiful epic cinematic songs on this new album was “Red” which was the Norwegian entry in June 2021. In September 2021 he released “Humanity - Chapter 4”. “Humanity - Chapter 5” was released in April 2023. The 1st single from this new album was the song “Night Queen” with the Norwegian singer Merethe Soltvedt on vocals. This was the Norwegian entry in April 2023. The 2nd single from the album was the song “Memoria”, another epic cincematic piece of music which again featured Merethe Soltvedt on vocals. This was the Norwegian entry in FSC September 2023. A 3rd beautiful song on the album is the song called “One Last Day”. This is the song chosen by the Norwegian jury as the Norwegian entry here in FSC April 2024.

Thomas Bergersen will continue to work on his monumental “Humanity” project and we will without doubt be able to enjoy many new beautiful compositions of his in the time to come.

Merethe Soltvedt is a Norwegian singer/songwriter who has appeared with vocals on several songs by the Norwegian/US music project Two Steps From Hell as well as on solo- melodies by Thomas Bergersen, most recently in his ambitious Humanity-series album project. She sang vocals on “Night Queen”, “Memoria” and “One Last Day” from Thomas Bergersen’s latest album. She has also released her own albums (titled “Myopia” and “Audio Charm Bracelet”) as well as 3 singles. She is a talented singer from whom we will hear more in the years to come.

The Norwegian entry for FSC April 2024, “One Last Day”, by Thomas Bergersen ft. Merethe Soltvedt, is another dynamic, grand epic and uplifting cinematic melody written by Thomas Bergersen. The Norwegian jury is happy to enter Thomas Bergersen again in the FSC for Norway.

Below are the lyrics in English. Hope you’ll enjoy the Norwegian entry for April 2024!
tqcd9Op.gif

yQwRxUC.gif

Thomas Bergersen ft. Merethe Soltvedt - One Last Day

We built a world of wonder with our hearts
Secret place where no one could take part
Do you still remember?
It was like a dream, now it seems

The fire has burned out, the songs have played
Gave it all your best but it's okay
Now I'll set you free
I hope I still can be forever in your memory

If you close your eyes, tell me you can hear