Malagant (Head of jury)
Martin / MS

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
:no: Norwegian entry FSC October 2009

a-ha - Foot Of The Mountain

Re: fsc norway

Perfect band,perfect song!You should have been in top 5.Also i am sad because A-ha is coming apart.I love them :(

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
Re: fsc norway

Asiye said:
Perfect band,perfect song!You should have been in top 5.Also i am sad because A-ha is coming apart.I love them :(
Thank you for your kind words, glad you liked our song :) Aye, quite a few fans are saddened that A-ha are splitting up, but I guess they want to focus on other projects in their lives now. Still, before they "say goodbye" they will complete a world tour (2010), something which will give fans everywhere the chance to see them one final time! :)

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
FSC November 2009 - Norway

xptC4rp.gif

FSC Norway - November 2009 - Anne Vada feat. Jørn Hoel - Hellig Sted

GG783E1.jpg

Representing Norway in FSC November 2009 is one of Norway’s finest female vocalists Anne Vada and also featuring Jørn Hoel, Norwegian singer of many years, with the song and sacred ballad “Hellig Sted” (“Sacred Place”) which was written and composed for Anne Vada by Rolf Løvland of Secret Garden fame. The song is taken from Anne Vada’s new album “Det Evige Sekund” (“The Eternal Second”) which was released in August 2009.

Anne Vada, or Anne Kari Hårnes Vada which is her full name, comes from the town of Steinkjer in Nord Trøndelag county north of Trondheim in mid-Norway. She has released several albums over the years and is well known for her beautiful crystal-clear voice. Jørn Hoel, from the city of Tromsø in northern-Norway, is also a successful Norwegian singer of many years who contributes on this song written for Anne Vada.

Our entry for FSC November is a beautiful sacred ballad, performed in Norwegian (dialect) by Anne Vada featuring Jørn Hoel. We hope you’ll enjoy it! :)

Anne Vada feat. Jørn Hoel - Hellig Sted (“Sacred Place”)

Natt e natt der ute / It is nighttime outside
Mørket senke sæ / The darkness is descending
Heile verden søv no / The whole world sleeps now
Du e her hos mæ / You are here with me

Kaldt e kaldt aleine / It is cold when alone
Alt forlate mæ / Everything leaves me
Men æ kan ikke frys / But I cannot freeze
Når æ ligg her innte dæ / When I lay here next to you

Ingen kan ta fra mæ / Noone can take from me
Denne sanne fred / This true peace
For du gjør dette stedet / Because you make this place
Te et hellig sted / Into a sacred place

Varlig, varlig våkne / Carefully awakening
Stormen inni mæ / The storm within me
Reise gjennom natta / Travelling through the night
Kvilelaust på vei / Relentlessly onwards

Ut på tåkehavet / Onto the foggy ocean
Så et skjær av lys / Then there’s a stream of light
Som lede mæ tebake / Which takes me back
Te havna di på ny / To your haven anew

Ingen kan ta fra mæ / Noone can take from me
Denne gyldne skatt / This golden treasure
For du gjør denne natta / Because you make this night
Te ei hellig natt / Into a sacred night

Stille, stille søng no / Quiet, quiet - sing now
Nattas månesang / the moonsong of the night
Håpe den vil vare / I hope it will endure
Helt te soloppgang / Until the rays of dawn

No står tida stille / Time stands still now
Vi e bare to / Only the two of us
Som livet bind isammen / That life binds together
I ei hjertebro / Into a bridge of two hearts

Ingen kan ta fra oss / Noone can take from us
Dette evige sekund / This eternal second
For du gjør denne stunda / Because you make this moment
Te ei hellig stund / Into a sacred moment

Ingen kan ta fra oss / Noone can take from us
Dette evige sekund / This eternal second
For du gjør denne stunda / Because you make this moment
Te ei hellig stund / Into a sacred moment

Id2mrPs.gif

-M​

Last edited:

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
FSC December 2009 - Norway

xptC4rp.gif

FSC Norway - December 2009 - Helene Bøksle - Lys Til Nattsvart Jord

vAq1Jz6.jpg

Representing Norway in FSC December 2009 is another of Norway’s finest female vocalists, Helene Bøksle with a Folk-pop song with the spirit of Christmas called “Lys Til Nattsvart Jord” (“Light to a Darkened Earth”). This beautiful new song was written and composed especially for Helene Bøksle by Elin Nygaard. The song is taken from Helene Bøksle’s new album (consisting mainly of many traditional Christmas-songs but also of this new melody) called “Det hev ei rose sprunge” (“Lo, How a Rose E'er Blooming”) which was recently released on 16th November 2009.

Helene Margrete Bøksle, or just Helene Bøksle as is her artist-name, was born in 1981 in the Kristiansand-area of southern Norway. A musical talent from an early age, she gained national fame in 2003 when she took part in the Norwegian talent-tv-show “Kjempesjansen” and came a good 4th. In 2004 her musical and theatrical concept called “Elverhøy” was realised and an album of the same name was subsequently released in 2006 to much success both commercially and critically. Helene’s own brand of Norwegian Folk-pop music, with folk-music rhythms and instrumentation (including the famous Norwegian Hardanger-fiddle, Hardingfele) and also featuring her distinct beautiful voice, became very popular and she quickly established herself as one of the main artists in this musical genre.

In 2008 she contributed - with success and acclaim - with her vocals on several songs on the Norwegian-produced MMORPG “Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures” music Soundtrack. In early 2009 she then released her 2nd album called “Morild” which also became a success. And now, in November 2009, Helene Bøksle just released the aforementioned album “Det hev ei rose sprunge” from where our entry is taken. She is a very talented young Norwegian singer with a special and magical voice and we are happy to share her music with you here in this FSC-edition.

Our entry for FSC December is alas a beautiful Norwegian Folk-pop song with the spirit of Christmas, performed in Norwegian (southern Norwegian dialect) by Helene Bøksle.

Below are the Norwegian lyrics for the song, and also my own English translation/interpretation of the lyrics. We hope you’ll enjoy our song! :)

yQwRxUC.gif

Helene Bøksle - Lys Til Nattsvart Jord (“Light to a Darkened Earth”)

Det fins en lengsel i hvert hjerte / There is a longing in every heart
Det fins en tone i hvert sinn / There is a sound in every mind
Det fins en spire i hver tanke / There is a seed in every thought
Gjemt i drømmenes spinn / Hidden in a web of dreams

Den stiger mot himmelen i denne natt / It rises towards the heavens tonight
Stiger mot himmelen i denne natt / Rises towards the heavens tonight

Og der vår jord og himmel møtes / And where our earth and heaven meet
I Barnet som ble lagt på strå / Within the Child who lay in a manger
Der kan vår lengsel finne hvile / Where our longing may find rest
Og vår tanke forstå / And our thoughts may understand

Syng alle himmelens engler / Sing, all ye angels of heaven
La oss se et mektig kor / Let us view a mighty choir
Sangen gir liv til våre hjerter / The song breathes life into our hearts
Bringer et håp om lys til nattsvart jord / Brings a hope of light to a darkened earth
Bringer et håp om lys til nattsvart jord / Brings a hope of light to a darkened earth

La sangen stryke gjennom skogen / Let the song flow through the forest
La sangen fare over fjell / Let the song soar across mountains
La sangen bli en del av livet / Let the song become a part of life
Ifra brusende vell / From an exuberant source

Ta oss med i et mektig kor / Let us join the mighty choir

Ta oss med i et mektig kor / Let us join the mighty choir

Id2mrPs.gif

-M​

Last edited:

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
GOD JUL!

A very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everyone here from all of us in the Norwegian FSC-jury

- GOD JUL og GODT NYTT ÅR 2010! -

Az6xYq8.gif

:)

-M​

Last edited:

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
FSC January 2010 - Norway

xptC4rp.gif

FSC Norway - January 2010 - Annie - Don’t Stop

2BiySR3.jpg

Representing Norway in FSC January 2010 is one of Norway’s most talented female Electro-pop artists, Annie with a catchy Electro-pop song called “Don’t Stop”. This is one of three new and previously unreleased tracks that were added to her “Don’t Stop”-album for the album’s official release in October 2009. The album - in an earlier incarnation - was promoted in 2008 and songs leaked onto the internet though the album saw no official release at that time. Annie parted company with her record label and took the master-tapes with her. And in the autumn of 2009 she finally released the album and included the new song “Don’t Stop” - our entry for Norway here in FSC January - and two others. The album (which included popular singles such as “Songs Remind Me Of You” and “My Love Is Better”) received critical acclaim and re-established her as one of Norway’s most innovative and colourful Electro-pop artists.

Annie, or Anne Lilia Berge Strand as is her real name, was born on 21st November 1977. She is a Norwegian Electro-pop artist and DJ from Bergen, Norway. After completing secondary school, Annie started DJing in Bergen, where she met house-producer and future boyfriend Tore Kroknes. In 1999, Annie and Kroknes released the single "The Greatest Hit", which became popular in Norwegian and British underground nightclubs. Before Annie and Kroknes could release an album, Kroknes tragically died from a congenital heart defect in 2001. She returned to recording later that year, collaborating with Richard X, Röyksopp, and Timo Kaukolampi. Annie's DJing experiences taught her about sound and production and had an impact on her music. Annie went on to sign a record deal with UK ”679 Recordings” in 2003, releasing her debut album ”Anniemal” in 2004, an innovative and catchy Electro-pop album (with influences also from disco, hip hop, bubblegum pop, 80s-music, dance-pop as well as R&B) for which she received widespread critical acclaim and several Norwegian music awards. The album included her club-and-radio-hits ”Chewing Gum” and ”Heartbeat”.

In 2005 Annie released a DJ Mix Album as part of !K7’s DJ-Kicks series and then in 2007 she signed a record deal with UK’s Island Records. She started work on the ”Don’t Stop”-album, an album which was to be preceeded by the single ”I Know UR Girlfriend Hates Me”. For many reasons (among them the moderate success of the single and differences of opinion as to the way forwards) the album was delayed several times and as mentioned before Annie finally parted company with Island Records and went on to release the album - including some new tracks - in the autumn of 2009 on an independent record label called Smalltown Supersound.

Annie has been praised for her unique "indie" style of Electro-pop and Synth-pop music and has by some been described as "a pop singer with credibility, an indie artist with one eye on the dancefloor". Annie herself describes her music as "pop with strange edges” and is without a doubt a talented, innovative and colourful Norwegian music artist with an attitude and a fresh perspective from whom we will undoubtedly hear more in the future.

Our entry for FSC January is alas a new catchy Norwegian Electro-pop song in her distinct style performed by the talented young artist Annie.

Below are the English lyrics for the song. We hope you’ll enjoy our entry! :)

yQwRxUC.gif

Annie - Don’t Stop

Don’t Stop

I can’t stop, that’s what I got
Still then I’m gonna keep on going
All I know is who I am
And I’ll never be afraid to show it

I won’t stop ‘cause I’m on top
And you’re never gonna knock me off it
What I say and what I do are the same thing
Don’t you know it?

I wonder if I’ll ever need to be
Afraid of the unknown
I’ll be the flame, you’ll be the fuel

If you resist my kiss and miss my lips
You know you crossed the line
You play by my rules

Let’s go!
You have no - control
I said Oh! Wanna know?
Don’t stop
Let’s go!

Don’t Stop

Don’t you stop, I know you won’t
‘Cause I’m gonna make you keep on movin’
I dress up to dress you down
And I’m gonna keep the rhythm groovin’

I’ve got you set in my sight
I’m loaded, ready to fire
Wait ‘till you’re in the same place
And you know I won’t make it hard

I wonder if I’ll ever need to be
Afraid of the unknown
I’ll be the flame, you’ll be the fuel

If you resist my kiss and miss my lips
You know you crossed the line
You play by my rules
Let’s go!
You have no - control
I said Oh! Wanna know?
Don’t stop

Let’s go!
I said go!
I’m on
Let’s go! You have no - control

Don’t underestimate me
Time after time you’ll be the one to lose
Baby abide
‘Cause you’re playing by my rules

Let’s go!
You have no - control
I said Oh! Wanna know?
Don’t stop

Let’s go!
I said go!
I’m on
Let’s go! You have no - control

Don’t stop

Id2mrPs.gif

-M​

Last edited:

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
FSC February 2010 - Norway

xptC4rp.gif

FSC Norway - February 2010 - Aleksander With feat. Lene Marlin - Worth It

eVXO1Ez.jpg

Representing Norway in FSC February 2010 are the talented Norwegian pop-artists Aleksander With feat. Lene Marlin.

Aleksander With, full name Aleksander Denstad With, was born on 30th June 1987 in Trondheim, Norway. In high school he studied music and then in 2004 he started the unsigned music project WimpyLime together with his girlfriend-singer Vivian Sørmeland and two other musicians. WimpyLime wrote all of their material as a group and together could play the keyboard, piano, guitar, bass, and drums. The project lasted until 2006 when both Aleksander and Vivian took part in the Norwegian Music IDOL tv-contest. Vivian came a very respectable 3rd, but Aleksander won the contest becoming the Norwegian IDOL-winner of 2006.

Aleksander released his first album titled ”Coming Home” on 23rd October 2006. The album was a success and peaked at nr 4 on the Top 40 Norwegian Albums Chart upon release. The album included his IDOL-winner’s song "A Little Too Perfect" which became a sales- and radio success in Norway, as well as other popular single-hits like "The Other Side" and "Free Ride".

In the following couple of years he also did several shows in Japan, gaining a fan-crowd there, chart-success and good record sales. He has toured around Japan together with artists such as Steely Dan and Babyface, an accomplishment for such a young Norwegian artist.

His next release was in June 2009 when he released the single ”What’s The Story”, which alas was the Norwegian entry in FSC September 2009. And more recently, in October 2009 he released the second single from his forthcoming 2010-album, the song and duet called ”Worth It” featuring Lene Marlin on vocals, the song which is our entry here in FSC February 2010. His coming 2nd album is called ”Still Awake” and will be released in Norway in February/March 2010 according to plan. Aleksander is a talented Norwegian pop-artist from whom we will undoubtedly hear more in the future.

Lene Marlin Pedersen, with the artist-name Lene Marlin, was born on 17th August 1980 in Tromsø in northern Norway. She has subsequently become one of Norway’s most famous pop-artists and is also a songwriter. Her first single was ”Unforgivable Sinner” in 1998 and it became a huge hit both nationally and in some other European countries. The song was taken from her debut-album ”Playing My Game” which won several Norwegian music awards in 1999. The album also included popular songs such as ”Sitting Down Here” and ”Where I’m Headed”. In 2003 she released her 2nd album ”Another Day”. The title-track and also the single ”You Weren’t There” became popular radio-hits in Norway. She also had some moderate success in Italy. Her 3rd album ”Lost in a Moment” came in 2005 and included the single ”How Would It Be”. Though still a popular radio-star, her sales this time were more moderate. In 2006 she performed with the Swiss band Lovebugs on their single "Avalon", which made the Top 10 in the Swiss chart as well as gaining some radio-play in Norway and in some other European countries. In the summer of 2008 she moved to London and focused on her personal life for a period, entering into a relationship with Norwegian entertainer Kåre Conradi.

She then started work on some new songs and in February 2009 the single ”Here We Are”, which also was the Norwegian entry in FSC March 2009, was released. This was followed by her latest album ”Twist The Truth”. Most recently she alas took part on Aleksander With’s song ”Worth It” released in October 2009, our entry here for Norway. Lene is a very popular pop-artist with a distinctive voice and her own guitar-based music style songs. definite At the same time she is also a somewhat elusive/secretive artist who seldom gives interviews, seldom does concerts and who prefers to work with her music by herself, taking the time she needs for her various projects. There is therefore a certain mysticism surrounding this very talented Norwegian singer and songwriter. Lene Marlin has star quality, without doubt.

Our entry for FSC February is alas a melodious pop-song and duet performed by Aleksander With feat. Lene Marlin.

yQwRxUC.gif

Aleksander With feat. Lene Marlin - Worth It

You say you wanna know what there’s about me
You say you wanna know my secrets too
Well, I tried for years to keep some sort of distance
And that is why I kept it all from you

You do things to me that I’m not used to
Usually I’ll leave, and you won’t know
Before it’s way too late and we can’t change it
Well, this time for the first time I won’t go

If you think we’re worth it
We are worth it
I won’t fight it
For the first time
I will see where this will end

We are worth it
I won’t fight it
I will be here
I’ll be here, no more pretend
You ask for me to trust that you are different
What has been before, well that is not the same
And the demons of your past you must let go of
If I’ve had enough and leave, they are to blame

We are worth it
I won’t fight it
For the first time

We are worth it
I won’t fight it
I will be here

You do things to me that I’m not used to
Usually I’ll leave, and you won’t know
Before it’s way too late and we can’t change it
Well, this time for the first time I won’t go

We are worth it
I won’t fight it
For the first time

We are worth it
I won’t fight it
I will be here

We are worth it
I won’t fight it
For the first time

We are worth it
I won’t fight it
I will be here

Id2mrPs.gif

-M​

Last edited:

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
FSC March 2010 - Norway

xptC4rp.gif

FSC Norway - March 2010 - Wig Wam - Do Ya Wanna Taste It

6GXvY31.jpg

Representing Norway in FSC March 2010 is the popular Norwegian Glam-Rock group Wig Wam. The band consists of Åge Sten Nilsen (“Glam”) on vocals, Trond Holter (“Teeny”) on guitars, Bernt Jansen (“Flash”) on bass and Øystein Andersen (“Sporty”) on drums.

Wig Wam was founded in 2001 in the town of Halden in Østfold county in south-eastern Norway. Before their establishment the band members were already active in the music business, playing in bands like Dream Police, Sha-Boom and others, or as solo artists. Wig Wam worked hard to get to the top of the national charts, starting their career with numerous live performances across the country, quickly becoming one of Norway's most popular live bands. Their fan base is known as Wig Wamaniacs.

Their debut-album came in 2004, but they achieved true national success and international attention after they won the Norwegian Melodi Grand Prix in 2005 with their popular song ”In My Dreams”. The song subsequently came a very good 9th in the Eurovision Song Contest Final in Kiev, Ukraine - and was included on the album ”Hard to Be a Rock 'n' Roller.. in Kiev!” released the same year.

Discography:

”667.. The Neighbour of the Beast” (2004)
”Hard to Be a Rock 'n' Roller” (2005)
”Hard to Be a Rock 'n' Roller.. in Kiev!” (2005)
”Wig Wamania” (2006)
”Live in Tokyo” (2007)
”Non Stop Rock'n'Roll” (January 2010)

In 2006 they released the album ”Wig Wamania” which included a very popular single and radio-hit called ”Gonna Get You Someday”. This was followed by a live-album ”Live in Tokyo” in 2007. And now in January 2010 their latest album called ”Non Stop Rock 'n' Roll” was released. The album has many catchy songs in their typical Glam-Rock style and also includes their 1st radio-single from the album, a popular song called ”Do Ya Wanna Taste It”, which is the song that represents Norway here in FSC March 2010. The album is currently in the Norwegian top 5 in the national album chart and has sold to Gold status.

Wig Wam are promoting their new album at the moment, while Åge ”Glam” Sten Nilsen also has solo projects (including some tv-projects and appearances) going. In addition, it was recently announced that Wig Wam will be the support act for the legendary international hard-rock group KISS at their Valhall-concert in Oslo on 14th June 2010, an honour for Wig Wam and a prestigious nod to their many fans nationally and internationally.

Our entry for FSC March is alas a new catchy Glam-Rock song, with music and text by Åge Sten Nilsen and Trond Holter of Wig Wam, with inspiration from the rock of the 1980s, performed with energy and enthusiasm by the Norwegian Glam-Rockers.

yQwRxUC.gif

Wig Wam - Do Ya Wanna Taste It

Do ya really wanna
Do ya really wanna taste it!

Get it on, get on top
Make a move extreme
Make a pose
Shortcut to your dreams.
Float straight to the stars
On that flying thing.

Getting high, getting brave
Getting snowblind
Game - set, go!
Pick a tune
Take a boon
In a world beyond

Got a beat
Got a heat
On a phony string

Tear your world apart
Once the magic starts

Do ya really wanna
What’s going up must come down
Do ya really wanna
Baby you’re losing ground

Blind to what you'll soon become
The mirror lies
The whole world's wrong
But you
Dancing with your blinkers on
Throw your dog the invisible bone

Say I do, say I will
And put your jet in gear
Anything to get you out of here
Gotta go hit that ride
To the setting sun

Pack it up, get ahead
Gotta leave this mess
Behind
Gotta cruise from the blues
Got a life to find

What you need's
There to read
On the dotted line

Kill your self-control
Welcome to the show

Do ya really wanna
Do ya really wanna

The mirror lies
The whole world's wrong
But you

Poison to your mind
Double in disguise

Do ya really wanna
Do ya really wanna

The mirror lies
The whole world's wrong
But you

Do ya really wanna
Do ya really wanna

The mirror lies
The whole world's wrong
But you

Id2mrPs.gif

-M​

Last edited:

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
FSC April 2010 - Norway

xptC4rp.gif

FSC Norway - April 2010 - Vidar Johnsen & Peter Nordberg - Om Du Vil Ha Meg

i6d5p28.jpg

Representing Norway in FSC April 2010 is the popular Norwegian/Swedish Folk-pop duo Vidar Johnsen & Peter Nordberg.

Vidar Johnsen (born 24th November 1972 in Haugesund, in south-western Norway) is a well known Norwegian Folk-pop musician of many years, who sings in a very characteristic Haugesund-dialect. He started playing and singing from an early age and won a talent-contest arranged by a Norwegian magazine at the age of 14. His music career continued and escalated as he in 1999 joined Norway’s most famous Folk-rock band VAMP as main vocalist. They released several popular albums in the years that followed and often played live performances around the country. In the same period he released a few solo-albums though they received less success than the VAMP-offerings. His time with VAMP came to an end on 1st January 2007 when he left the band. At this time he came into contact again (see below for more details) with the Swedish musician Peter Nordberg, whom he had met several years earlier, and they decided to become a musical duo, a Norwegian-Swedish collaboration inside the field of Scandinavian (with Celtic references) Folk-pop music.

Peter Nordberg (born 1969) is a Swedish musician and songwriter who lives in Stockholm, Sweden. He lived abroad for many years, playing in a band in London in the early 1990s, afterwards in Italy, and then he went to Norway. In 1995 he moved to Stavanger (which is not that far from Haugesund) in south-western Norway where he a few years later released his debut-album on a local record label. It was during his stay in Norway in the late 1990s that he got to know Vidar Johnsen, quickly seeing a kinship in their approach to music and songwriting. They played a few concerts together but nothing more came of it. Then, many years later in 2006, as Vidar’s time with VAMP was coming to an end, they met up again, started talking and eventually decided that it could be fun to join forces and talents and make some music together. The result was the duo Johnsen & Nordberg.

Discography: Johnsen & Nordberg:

”Ord & Ögonblick” (September 2007)
”Mål & Mening” (October 2008)
”I Ild Og Vatten” (December 2009)

Their first album together was ”Ord & Ögonblick” released in September 2007. It was characterized by songs in the Scandinavian Folk-pop genre (”visepop”/”Folk-pop”) sung both in Norwegian and Swedish by the duo, and accompanied by guitar and at times folkmusic-instrumentation. The first single from the album, ”Den morgenen” became very popular on Norwegian radio. Also the second single, ”Slukk min tørst” became a radio-hit and the album sold 40.000 copies. Johnsen & Nordberg held many concerts promoting the album, enjoying the live performances. The second album, released in October 2008, was called ”Mål og mening”. It included another popular radio-hit, ”På vift” as well as 10 other songs in their - by now - typical musical style. Though not as commercially successful as the first album, it sold fairly well and gained fairly good critical acclaim in the national media.

Their third and latest album is called ”I Ild Og Vatten” (”In Fire and Water”), released in December 2009. Another fan-favourite, the album gained fair praise in several Norwegian newspapers. The first single from this album was ”Evelina”, another popular radio-hit in the past few months. We have, however, chosen another of the album’s very good songs, ”Om Du Vil Ha Meg” (”If You Want Me”) as Norway’s entry here in FSC April 2010.

The Folk-pop duo have decidedly had more commercial success in Vidar Johnsen’s Norway than in Peter Nordberg’s Sweden, probably due to the much bigger music market in Sweden with an abundance of artists, groups, bands and record companies which makes it harder to break through there, and they have also received more media coverage in Norway. Nothing seems, however, to indicate that they will stop their mutually fruitful and beneficial musical collaboration any time soon. There will be more to come from Johnsen & Nordberg, that is for sure!

Our entry for FSC April is alas a melodious Scandinavian Folk-pop song written by Johnsen & Nordberg themselves, a song which in style some might describe as a cross between Norwegian VAMP and Swedish Nordman. It has rhythm, power and melody and makes for a fascinating musical experience, in good Scandinavian Folk-pop tradition.

Below are the Norwegian (dialect) - and the approximate Swedish - lyrics for the song (see the relevant verses), as well as an English interpretation (translation) of the lyrics that I have made to convey the meaning. We hope you’ll enjoy the Norwegian entry for April! :)

yQwRxUC.gif

Vidar Johnsen & Peter Nordberg - Om Du Vil Ha Meg (“If You Want Me”)

I hav og hei, og vill en veg / On oceans and in hills, and on wild treks
Var eg på jakt, av all mi makt / I was hunting to the best of my power
Men se, nå legges våpen ned / But look, now the weapons have been laid down

Nå står eg her med brutt gevær / Here I stand with my broken rifle
Med knust kanon og lauspatron / With broken cannon and blank cartridges
Eg er, på bare kner, og ber / I am on my knees, praying

Eg er fullstendig uten klær / I am completely without clothes
Uten maske, bare meg / Without a mask, only me
Eg ber til deg / I pray to you

Ja, eg ba deg, og eg sa deg / Yes, I asked you and I told you
Kom, og ta meg som en mann du / Come, and take me as a man
Hvis du kan / If you can

I ur og skur låg jag på lur / In trees and bushes I lay in wait
Jag trotsa lag der i mitt jag / I lay there waiting for my prey
Men se, nu är kraften slut / But look, now the power is gone

Om du har et ärligt svar / If you have an honest answer
Hela jag vill hos dej var / All of me wants to be with you
Jag blev, en pojke nu til slut / I became, a boy now at last

Jag lever inte som forut / I don’t live as before
Jag har tro på mej och dej / I believe in you and me
Så stanna kvar / So stay here

Er du med mej du så svara nu / If you are with me, then answer me now
Jag ger mitt ködt og blod / I give my whole body
Så visa mot / So have courage

Om du vil ha meg, kan du ta meg / If you want me, then take me
Og beholde alt du tar / And keep all you take
Om eg kan få deg skal eg flå deg / If I can have you, then I will rid you
For de klær som kroppen har / Of the clothes that cover your body

Du er så herligt du som den du er / You are so wonderful being as you are
Nu står du her som den du er / Now you stand here as you are
Og hvis du vil at det skal bli oss to / And if you wish for us to become one
Så vær så god / Then you are welcome

I sol og is på alle vis / In sunshine and ice, in all ways
I vinter svart og överalt / In the darkness of winter and everywhere
Men se, til slut så sa det stopp / But look, in the end it came to a halt

Jag er hos dej med hela mej / I am with you with all of me
Och vill og alt, och sött og salt / Wild and all, sweetness and salt
Jag er berädd på nästa steg / I am prepared for the next step

Med sjel og sinn og med en kropp / With soul and mind and body
Hver gang du sku gi et vink / Every time you would give me a wink
Ja få et blikk / Yes, to get a look in return

Eg er rede, for sånn er det / I am ready, because this is the way it is
Du ska så gjerne få du hvis du må / You may have it if you must

Om du vil ha meg, kan du ta meg / If you want me, then take me
Og beholde alt du tar / And keep all you take
Om eg kan få deg skal eg flå deg / If I can have you, then I will rid you
For de klær som kroppen har / Of the clothes that cover your body

Id2mrPs.gif

-M​

Last edited:

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
FSC May 2010 - Norway

xptC4rp.gif

FSC Norway - May 2010 - Gaute Ormåsen feat. Hanne-Cesilie Johansen - Når Du Så På Meg

qcNbEvT.jpg

Representing Norway in FSC May 2010 is the Norwegian pop-IDOL 2003 Runner Up Gaute Ormåsen feat. Hanne-Cesilie Johansen.

Gaute Ormåsen, born 20th April 1983 in the small town of Brumunddal in south-eastern Norway, came to the Norwegian public’s attention when he was Runner Up (came in 2nd place) after the Winner Kurt Nilsen in the Norwegian pop-IDOL competition in 2003.

This achievement won him a record contract with BMG where he subsequently released the singles ”Chasing Rainbow” and ”Miss You When You’re Gone” - and his debut-album ”New Kid in Town” in late 2003 which sold 30.000 copies. He focused on other things besides music for the next few years before returning to the music scene in 2006 with a new album called ”G for Gaute” with songs in his Norwegian dialect. Popular radio-hits from this album were ”Kjærlighet er mer enn forelskelse” and ”Sommer hele året”. Another few singles followed before a new album ”Drømmesang” came in 2008, and then in late 2009 he was asked to take part in the Norwegian Melodi Granx Prix 2010 with the song ”Synk eller svøm”. He advanced to the ”Second Chance”-stage of the contest but missed out on reaching the final.

His latest album ”Oss Imellom” was released in February 2010 and it included the aforementioned ”Synk eller svøm” and 11 other songs in Norwegian, one of those being the beautiful ballad and duet ”Når Du Så Meg” performed together with the up and coming Norwegian female singer and songwriter Hanne-Cesilie Johansen. This is the Norwegian entry here in FSC May 2010.

Besides being a singer Gaute is also a songwriter and actor and has among other things played an acting-part in a popular Norwegian soap-series on tv called ”Hotel Cæsar”. He has also taken part in other activities both on tv and elsewhere. Though far from the most prominent Norwegian pop-IDOL singer of recent years, he can certainly claim some success having released 4 pop-albums and a dozen singles and is, moreover, respected for making and performing music in Norwegian (in his Brumunddal-dialect) in an age where many young Norwegian music artists only sing and write in English.

Hanne-Cesilie Johansen - or just Cesilie as she sometimes calls herself - is a more unknown entity in the world of Norwegian pop-music and public life. She lives in Østfold county south of Oslo and has enjoyed writing songs for a while but has not been able to breach the tall imposing walls that stand between amateur-songwriters and musicians and those lucky few who manage to gain a record contract.

Recently, however, there are indications that a record company may decide to release some of Hanne-Cesilie’s songs on an EP (or perhaps even a CD), and this could be the break she has been waiting for. Meanwhile, in late 2009 she sent a demo to Gaute of a song she herself had written called ”Når Du Så På Meg” (”When You Looked At Me”) and he loved it so much that he decided to include it on his new 2010-album in a duet-version with himself and Hanne-Cesilie. The song has gained recognition and acclaim from music-critics in Norway and also among many new fans.

That we will hear more from this young talented singer, who truly has a beautiful and special voice, and songwriter in the future I have no doubt.

Our entry for FSC May is alas a beautiful piano-style ballad and duet written by Hanne-Cesilie Johansen herself. Gaute and Hanne-Cesilie’s voices match well in this special song which is both melodious and sacred in its beautiful simplicity.

Below are the Norwegian lyrics for the song as well as an English interpretation (translation) of the lyrics that I have made to convey the meaning. We hope you’ll enjoy the Norwegian entry for May! :)

yQwRxUC.gif

Gaute Ormåsen feat. Hanne-Cesilie Johansen - Når Du Så På Meg (“When You Looked At Me”)

Du kalte så inderlig / You called out to me so caringly
Ordene lød som poesi / The words sounded like poetry
Da du hvisket, kom hit! / When you whispered, come here!
Lokket meg til deg / Drew me toward you

I ferd med å gå forbi / As I was about to walk past
Løftet jeg blikket, forunderlig / I looked up, wonderingly
Da du hvisket, kom hit! / When you whispered, come here!
Lokket meg til deg / Drew me toward you

Rare ting kan skje / Strange things can happen
Nå vet jeg det / Now I know

For når du så på meg / ‘Cause when you looked at me
Så visste jeg / Then I knew
Sånn er nå bare det / That’s just the way it is
At når du så på meg / When you looked at me
Visste jeg / I knew

Du styrte hvert hjerteslag / You controlled every heartbeat
Glødende tanker ble til flammehav / Burning thoughts became an ocean of flames
Da jeg hørte du sang / When I heard you sing
For aller første gang / For the first time

Visste jeg / I knew
Visste jeg / I knew

Et lite sekund / For a short second
Et kort, kort øyeblikk / For a short, short moment
Den dro meg av sted / It pulled me along
Den følelsen jeg fikk / That feeling which I experienced

Visste jeg / I knew
Visste jeg / I knew

Så visste jeg / Then I knew
Ja, når du ser på meg / Yes, when you look at me
Da vet jeg. / Then I know.

Id2mrPs.gif

-M​

Last edited:

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
FSC June 2010 - Norway

xptC4rp.gif

FSC Norway - June 2010 - Stage Dolls - Eye Of My Heart

qVuOFBC.jpg

Representing Norway in FSC June 2010 is one of Norway’s most famous and enduring AOR Rock-groups of 25 years: Stage Dolls. Here is some more information about them.

Stage Dolls is alas a Norwegian AOR Rock band based in Trondheim, Norway. The band celebrates its 25th Anniversary in the music-business now in 2010. Members Erlend Antonsen and Terje Storli played at local clubs in and around Trondheim. In need of a guitarist they called on Torstein Flakne, who by then had finished playing in The Kids (a very popular teeny-pop band in Norway 1980-82). Throughout the summer and autumn of 1982 the newly formed band started rehearsing and playing shows in the region. The trio took the name Stage Dolls in January 1983 with Torstein Flakne (vocalist, guitarist and songwriter) as its most prominent member.

The first album, titled ”Soldiers Gun”, was released in the early winter of 1985 after a successful nationwide tour in Norway supporting the Norwegian Rock band TNT. The album was only a moderate commercial success butt he title track ”Soldiers Gun” became fairly popular among rock-fans. Antonsen left the band in 1985 and was replaced by Steinar Krokstad; he in turn left in 1993 and was replaced by Morten Skogstad.

The recordings for their next album ”Commandos” started in the autumn of 1985. It became a bigger chart success peaking at nr.8 in the Norwegian charts and set the band up as one of the most popular rock bands in Norway in 1986. The album was also released in the USA by Chysalis Records and the title track ”Commandos” gained considerable airplay on college-radio.

The self-titled 3rd album ”Stage Dolls” was recorded in the autumn of 1987. The album, which included a very popular single called ”Wings Of Steel”, made it to the top of the Norwegian charts, and in 1989 the band released the album on Chrysalis Records for the American market. The single ”Love Cries” went to nr 46 on the Billboard Singles Charts the same year. A second single for the song "Still In Love" was also released in the USA. In 1991 came the album ”Stripped” which included some of the band’s greatest songs and signature-tunes: ”Love Don’t Bother Me” and ”Sorry Is All I Can Say”. ”Hard To Say Goodbye”, perhaps their most popular song to date, a classic Stage Dolls AOR Rock-ballad, was included on their 1994 Greatest Hits-compilation ”Stories We Could Tell”. The 5th studio-album ”Dig” was released in 1997. It had some popular songs but the album was less successful commercially than their previous two studio albums. 7 years later, in 2004, came their next album ”Get a Life” which was re-released in 2005 in a concert CD-version and with a DVD.

And now recently, on 4th January 2010 they released their latest album called ”Always”, an album which has gained good reviews in Norwegian newspapers. The album has both uptempo tunes and ballads in Stage Dolls’ melodic AOR Rock style and among many good songs is the beautiful ballad ”Eye Of My Heart” which is the Norwegian entry here in FSC June 2010.

Discography:

”Soldier's Gun” (1985)
”Commandos” (1986)
”Stage Dolls” (1988)
”Stripped” (1991)
”Stories We Could Tell” (Greatest Hits Compilation album) (1994)
”Rock Box” (Compilation album) (1996)
”Dig” (1997)
”Good Times”: Essential Stage Dolls” (Compilation album) (2002)
”Get a Life” (2004)
”Get a Live (2005) - live CD + bonus DVD”
”Always” (2010)

Stage Dolls’s musical style has from the start been melodic AOR Rock and they have kept to this “1980s style Rock” as some call it for the most part throughout these 25 years they have been in the music business. Torstein Flakne, the band leader, is one of Norway’s most prominent guitarists and songwriters who has also written songs for many other artists besides his own bands. It is a testament to Stage Dolls’ integrity, professionalism, hard work and popularity that they have endured 25 years in the music business and have fans all over the world. We are very happy to enter Stage Dolls in the FSC for Norway, a tribute to them and to their music in their 25th Anniversary year as one of Norway’s most prominent and important Rock bands of the past decades.

Our entry for FSC June is alas a beautiful and melodic AOR Rock-ballad, some might say in the style of 1980s Rock-legends Def Leppard and Bryan Adams. Foremost though it is a classic Stage Dolls ballad, written for their 2010-album, which all fans of this music will cherish.

Below are the English lyrics for the song. We hope you’ll enjoy the Norwegian entry for June! :)

yQwRxUC.gif

Stage Dolls - Eye Of My Heart

I close my eyes tonight
So I can see you clearly
This feeling that I had
Won't fade away
And I can’t help it now

’Cause I want you by my side
’Cause you're my special someone
With you, I see the road
My life
Never gone astray

It’s how I see you
It’s how I feel you
I could walk a thousand miles
To be beside you

And I won't loose another minute
That we'll never be apart
’Cause I see you from the eye of my heart

So day turns into night
And I wonder if you’re sleepin'
You know that I would make it right
This time around
Just tell me to begin

It’s how I see you
It’s how I feel you
To be beside you

It’s how I see you
It’s how I feel you
To be beside you

It’s how I feel you
To be beside you

’Cause I see you from the eye of a heart

I see you from the eye of a heart

Id2mrPs.gif

-M​

Last edited:

martin

now is the place from oktober to june upload i see that the change of the leader have goes really good we have just one time not be in top 10

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
FSC July 2010 - Norway

xptC4rp.gif

FSC Norway - July 2010 - Madcon - Glow

CoAoSeX.jpg

Representing Norway in FSC July 2010 is the popular Norwegian group Madcon with their summer-sound: happy energetic uptempo Afro-groove dance-pop. Here is some more information about them.

Madcon was founded by Tshawe Baqwa and Yosef Wolde-Mariam in 1992. Tshawe Baqwa (born in Germany in 1980 of South African origin), also known under the artistname «Kapricon», is a Norwegian musician and tv-host. He has made his music career in Norway and is a member of Madcon. Yosef Wolde-Mariam (of Ethiopian and Eritrean origin but born in Norway in 1978), also known under the artistname «Critical», is the other half of the group Madcon. He grew up in Oslo in the 1980s and has made his life and music career in Norway, as a Rap-artist and as a member of Madcon.

Madcon quickly established themselves in the Nordic music industry, and they created a remarkable hype supporting for various international superstars like Destiny's Child, 50 Cent, Alicia Keys and Busta Rhymes. Madcon supported the last official European tour with Gangstarr.

Madcon released their first single "God Forgive Me" in 2000 (Virgin Records), but the first commercial breakthrough was with long time collaborators Paperboys with the hit single "Barcelona" in 2002 (Bonnier Amigo). In 2004, Madcon released their first official album "It's All A Madcon" (AA-Recordings/Bonnier Amigo), which won them a Norwegian Grammy and several other awards. In 2005 Madcon became TV personalities on the Nordic music channel The Voice, while developing their music in the studio. The show "The Voice of Madcon" became a huge success for both Madcon and the network, showcasing the behind the scenes life of the popular group.

In 2007 Tshawe was invited to join the popular Norwegian version of ”Strictly Come Dancing”, and was the winner in the final. Later that same year, their second album, entitled ”So Dark The Con Of Man”, was released on 3rd December 2007. In the UK, released on RCA, the album charted on the UK Albums Chart. In Norway, the album was certified gold in 3 hours, and platinum in 3 days. The album featured soul singer Noora Noor and Paperboys on two of the songs.

In late 2007/early 2008, Madcon released a cover of a 1968 Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons song, called ”Beggin'”, that became a huge success both nationally and internationally. It is their greatest success to date. The song earned the group several nr 1 chart positions in Europe (including France, Portugal, Norway and Russia), and an overall nr 2 position on the European Billboard Hot 100 chart. It also achieved 7 x platinum status in Norway, becoming one of the biggest hits of all time in the Norwegian charts. Madcon's cover of ”Beggin'” was produced by 3Elementz, who also produced the other singles from the "So Dark The Con Of Man"-album, as well as all of the tracks on Madcon’s 2008 album "An InCONvenient Truth", released in December 2008.

They subsequently performed at the World Music Awards on 10th November 2008, where they also won the World's Best Selling Norwegian Artist Award.

And then recently, in May 2010, they took part in the interval act in the Eurovision Song Contest Final in Oslo, Norway with their new song "Glow". The song, which was written and produced by the production team Element together with Madcon, and which is the Norwegian entry here in FSC July 2010, was alas the background of the "Eurovision 2010 flashmob dance" music video which was aired at the Eurovision Song Contest 2010 interval act. The song has already became a digital single- and radiohit in Norway and internationally with huge numbers of downloads from internet download sites like iTunes.

Madcon is without doubt a very popular Norwegian Afro-groove dance-pop group (their music is in truth a mix of many styles including funk, soul, R&B, Afro, Reggae, pop and dance) who make music that make people happy and make them wanna dance. Their success will undoubtedly continue to grow in the years to come.

Our entry for FSC July is alas a true summer-hit: a happy energetic uptempo Afro-groove dance-pop song. The song was released as a digital single in May 2010 and is the first single from the forthcoming new Madcon-album. Join the dance!

Below are the English lyrics for the song. We hope you’ll enjoy the Norwegian entry for July! :)

yQwRxUC.gif

Madcon - Glow

<<Elevate!>>

My heart, it beats to your song
A melody sent from God
I can't breathe when you're gone
Yes I'm deeply in love (Be my valentine)
Every single day of my life (My heart is sacrificed)
Night and day, day and night

Today's the day (Tonight's the night)
I know you’re feelin’ this sound (I’mma make you clap)
'Cause today’s the day (Tonight's the night)
I’m a lay it down (I’mma lay it down)
I’m a get up so I can't get down (I’mma I’mma)
Hear me roar, hear my thunder sound (I’mma I’mma)
I’m the lord of the underground (I’mma, I’mma)
I’m part of the jungle (I’mma, I’mma)

Let’s Glow (Hands high, Hands high!)
I can't wait, I can't wait to see ya
Glow (Hands high, Hands high!)
Round the world, round the world, my people
Glow, Glow (Hands high, Hands high!)
Round the world, round the world my people, glow

Let us share this moment
Let's enjoy this night
Get the world connected
Though you one of a kind

See we try to reach out
Get the world to see
Though we all feel different
You are just like me

Today's the day (Tonight's the night)
I know you feelin’ my sound (I’mma make you clap)
'Cause today’s the day (Tonight's the night)
I’m a lay it down (I’mma lay it down)

I’m a get up so I can't get down (I’mma I’mma)
Hear me roar, hear my thunder sound (I’mma I’mma)
I’m the lord of the underground (I’mma, I’mma)
I’m part of the jungle (I’mma, I’mma)

Let’s Glow (Hands high, Hands high!)
Round the world, round the world, my people
Glow, Glow (Hands high, Hands high!)
Round the world, round the world my people, glow

We free, and you so light
Let me see you glow, throughout the night
Cause I wanna dance (dance, dance)