Contact us

FSC Mexico

Which music genres would you like to see competing on next FSC editions for Mexico?

• hard rock

9 17.0%
  • alternative rock

23 43.4%
  • pop

24 45.3%
  • electronic music

17 32.1%
  • rap

2 3.8%
  • ranchera

6 11.3%
  • banda

7 13.2%
  • ballads in general

18 34.0%
  • reggaeton

10 18.9%

• Total voters

kzmxgirl

Could you add English lyrics of this song?

Sure @heke1988 so sorry, I wasn't available online for quite some days. Here is the translation I did for the song lyrics. Enjoy!

I woke up
Wanting to give me a break and maybe
Have fun
And not worry about yesterday's stuff
It's time to leave behind
the past moments
I can't help it
I go in search of peace
Feel renewed
In the end
Everything comes and goes

I don't care what they say anymore
For how I dress for how I dance
I only care what is vital
Live and enjoy without analyzing it
I have nothing to prove
The material flies away
I just want my happiness
The rest is leftover
It's time to leave behind
The last moments
That I can not remedy
I go in search of peace
Feel renewed
In the end

It comes and goes and then it goes
It goes and it comes and then it goes it goes

heke1988

kzmxgirl

FSC JUNE 2021 MEXICO (19th place)

Flag_of_Mexico.svg

THALIA - BARRIO

thalia-on-embracing-girl-power.jpg

Ariadna Thalía Sodi Miranda Mottola (born 26 August 1971), known as Thalía, is a Mexican singer, businesswoman, and former actress. Born in Mexico City, she first achieved recognition as a member of the successful pop group Timbiriche from 1986 through 1989. One of the most successful and influential Mexican artists, she is referred to as the "Queen of Latin Pop" by international media. Having sold around 25 million records worldwide, she is one of the best-selling Latin music artists of all time. Aside from her native Spanish, Thalía has also sung in English, French, Portuguese, and Tagalog.

She has received numerous accolades, including five Billboard Latin Music Awards, eight Lo Nuestro Awards, as well as seven Latin Grammy Award nominations including their special "President's Merit Award" in 2019. She has collaborated with multiple artists, such as Tony Bennett, Michael Bublé, Robbie Williams, Marc Anthony, Laura Pausini, Romeo Santos, and Carlos Vives.

As an actress, Thalía starred in a variety of successful telenovelas that aired in over 180 countries which led to her being referred to as the "Queen of telenovelas" by the mass media. The global impact of her novelas helped her to popularize her music in non-Spanish speaking territories and markets in Europe and Asia. The Mexican media company Televisa has named her the best-paid telenovela actress in history, while Billboard names her the most widely recognized Spanish-speaking soap star in the world.

Considered a Latin pop icon, Terra Networks included her in its list of "powerful and iconic women in Latin music" in 2011 and as one of the Greatest Latin Artists of All Time by Billboard in 2020. On 5 December 2013, she was honored with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame as a recognition for her achievements as an artist. Thalía is also a successful fashion brand owner (having signed an exclusive deal with Macy's), has her own nationally syndicated radio show, and is the author of four books, including her memoir. During her career, Thalía has been involved in humanitarian causes and is a UNICEF Mexico Ambassador since 2016.

Thalía stated in her autobiography regarding the impact of her telenovelas: "Soap operas made a lot of history; just look at the report by UNESCO, where it was noted that "in the Ivory Coast in Africa and in Paris (France), people stopped the daily course of their lives just to watch a soap opera. I never expected that kind of success [...] Whenever I arrived anywhere, I was treated like royalty; even the press in some of these countries referred to me as the Aztec Queen, the Mexican Queen, or the ambassador of Mexico, and like a proud peacock, I always brought my country's flag with me wherever I went to represent my motherland. I was in the clouds at the pinnacle of my career.

The phenomenon of Thalía's telenovelas also became visible in countries like Brazil, Bulgaria, Libya, Egypt, France, Greece, Hungary, Indonesia, Lebanon, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Syria, Turkey, and the majority of Spanish-speaking countries around the world.

THIS TIME, THALIA MAKES A COMEBACK WITH ONE OF HER MOST CREATIVE SONGS FROM THE NEW ALBUM "DESAMORFOSIS" WHICH MAKES A CELEBRATION TO THE BEGINNING OF HER CAREER WITH CHEERFUL SOUNDS AND SMOOTH VOCALS. WE WISH THE BEST OF LUCK TO ALL THE CONTESTANTS AND ENJOY THALIA'S TUNE!

Last edited:

kzmxgirl

FSC MEXICO JULY 2021 (28th place)

Flag-Mexico.jpg

Lupillo-Rivera-Aleman-Snoop-Dogg-y-Santa-Fe-Klan-en-las-Grandes-Ligas.jpg

Lupillo Rivera, Alemán, Santa Fe Klan, B-Real, Snoop Dogg – Grandes Ligas

GRAMMY Award-winning Regional Mexican singer/songwriter Lupillo Rivera has assembled a cross-cultural All-Star Team comprised of Snoop Dogg, Cypress Hill’s B-Real, and Mexican emcees Alemán and Santa Fe Klan. The genre-bending single, produced by Z Records and Prajin Parlay CEO George Prajin, unites music fans across generations, cultures, and regions for a bilingual soundtrack of accomplishment and innovation of two worlds colliding. The video was shot in both Mexico and Los Angeles and features the five power players showcasing various aspects of their lifestyles. The West Coast pioneers’ prominence in their respective genres and the rookies’ dominance in their field showcase just how worthy they have become to don the uniform and earn a position in the “Grandes Ligas.”

Lupillo Rivera is described as “one of the most influential artists in the Regional Mexican genre” — with a career spanning over two decades, countless chart-topping singles and albums, a GRAMMY Award win for his 2009 album release Tu Esclavo y Amo, and several more nominations. While B-Real earned his title as one of the architects of West Coast hip-hop with over 20 million albums sold worldwide, as well as an innovator in Latin rap with the release of Cypress Hill’s certified Platinum album ‘Los Grandes Éxitos En Español.’ He has previously collaborated with Alemán on the song titled “Vision” that appeared on his joint project ‘Los Meros’ with fellow West Coast rapper Berner. Snoop Dogg is also regarded as a pioneer of the West Coast rap scene in the 90s and has gone on to release 18 studio albums, selling over 35 million albums worldwide, and has crossed over into acting. He had also previously collaborated with Alemán on “Mi Tio Snoop” which has accumulated over 60 million views on YouTube. A little-known fact is that Lupillo and Snoop both attended Long Beach Poly High School together and were even in the same class.

With their turn at bat, the song is also the first time the young Mexican standouts Alemán and Santa Fe Klan collaborate on a track together. Alemán has been releasing music for about half a decade now and has amassed a huge fan base across Latin America. He is regarded as one of the best Spanish-language rappers and has become a rap phenomenon in Mexico. His colleague Santa Fe Klan is younger in age, but his stats are equally as impressive. He has toured throughout Latin America and his musical offerings are currently at hundreds of millions of streams and growing each day.

“Grandes Ligas” serves as a centerpiece of a cultural movement that has seen a growth spike in recent years of Regional Mexican acts collaborating with American rappers. This is a musical trend that will only continue to grow as it is deeply rooted in the cultural context of Los Angeles’ bicultural musical landscape and population.

“It was important that this song be done with 90s West Coast-style production because it is a timeless record with some heavy hitters that are legends in their respective genres — this is the big leagues. From the moment I came up with the idea for the collab I was set on it embodying the golden era of West Coast rap,” explains George Prajin. “Alemán and Santa Fe Klan shine on the record alongside Lupillo, Snoop, and B-Real. My team and I are working on an EP with some more top-level artists, and we are all excited about what’s to come.”

OFFICIAL VIDEO CLIP

Good luck to all entries!

Last edited:

kzmxgirl

MEXICO AUGUST 2021 (8th place)

800px-Flag_of_Mexico_1917.png

Matisse - De pies a cabeza

matisse_mx_73546044_112294113390577_7922410909297611793_n.jpg

Matisse is a Mexican musical group consisting of Pablo Preciado (born April 11, 1988 in Hermosillo, Sonora), Román Torres (born July 2, 1987, in Mexicali, Baja California), and Melissa Robles (born December 21, 1989, in Mexicali, Baja California).

Pablo y Román first met when they were studying music together in Guadalajara. When they moved to Mexico City, they became friends and started writing songs together. Pablo presented some of these songs to Paul Forat, vice president of Sony Music México, who circulated them, leading to artists like Carlos Rivera, Alejandra Guzmán y Cristian Castro recording some of them. It was then that Pablo introduced Román, co-author of some of the songs, to Paul, and from then on they began to work together.

The name Matisse was chosen after Pablo and Román saw a painting by Henri Matisse in Leonel García's recording studio. Later, Melissa joined the group. She had become famous when she uploaded to YouTube a video of her singing “Fascinación” by Carlos Rivera, who helped her sign with Sony.

2014-2016: Sube
Matisse released their first single, called "La misma luna", in August 2014. That same year, they were featured in the song "Sé que te vas" by the American duo Ha*Ash.

In 2015, Matisse released their debut album Sube, which included a new version of "La Misma Luna". Later that year, they were nominated as "Artista Revelación" (Breakthrough Artist) in the Latin Grammy Awards. In 2016, they were invited to sing at the Palacio de los Deportes during Ha*Ash's concert.

2017-present: Por tu bien
In 2017, Matisse released their second album, entitled Por tu bien. Before releasing the album, they released a single, called "Todavía", along with a music video. That year, they sang at Sony Music México's event UpFront, along with Ha*Ash y Carlos Rivera.

In 2018, they released another single, Acuérdate de mí, and the titular song from Por tu bien as their third single. That same year, they opened at Mexican band Reik's concerts in the United States and shared the stage with them during some events in Mexico. On April 9, 2019, Matisse released their single "Eres tú", featuring Reik. In the middle of the year, they released their urban rhythm single "Primer avión", featuring Colombian singer Camilo.

Members
Román Torres was born July 2, 1987 in Mexicali, Baja California. He is a singer and guitarist.
Pablo Preciado was born April 11, 1988 in Hermosillo, Sonora. He is a singer and plays the guitar and piano.
Melissa Robles was born December 21, 1989 in Mexicali, Baja California. She studied marketing before becoming a singer. She also plays the ukulele.

Last edited:

kzmxgirl

FSC MEXICO SEPTEMBER 2021 (13th place)

:mx::mx::mx::mx::mx::mx::mx::mx::mx::mx::mx::mx::mx:

Camilo Séptimo

Although the story of Camilo Séptimo begins in 2013, Manuel Mendoza (Voz y Bajo), Jonathan Meléndez (Keyboards) and Erik Vázquez (Guitar) make up a band with musicians who have a long career within the Mexican independent scene. Everything starts from folk demos that Manuel had recorded in his home studio, sketches. From those sessions, the first single "Portales" was derived, a track that was reviewed in media such as El Fanzine , LifeBoxSet , Marvin, Indie Rocks !, URL Magazine , which highlights the melodic work of the voice, as well as the nostalgia and textural production of the instruments. After launching a promotional video for "Portales," the band demonstrated its eclectic character with the release of "Do not Trust Me" as the second single, and a piece that vindicates the festive mood of the new wave, but with guitars reminiscent of more current genres such as math rock. Although the influences of this track are ango-cut, the band remains true to his idea of making lyrics sung in Spanish.

In 2014, they released their first EP, MAYA, in digital format, which was very successful and that is why they decided to present their first material in the lake house, which has a capacity of 400 people. Due to the great success they've obtained since then, the band was invited to the Vive Latino festival "2015," one of the most important in Latin America. With all the energy ahead, 2016 represented a pivotal year for Camilo VII. With #TourNeon, the band toured throughout the Mexican Republic. With a total of 70 presentations, among which stand out Sold Outs in the Spanish Cultural Center (600 people) Lunario National Auditorium (1200 people).

To start 2017 on the right foot, Camilo Séptimo announced the release of their first LP Óleos, produced by Mario Miranda (Patterns) and Christian Jean (Reyno) that includes the singles "Miénteme" and "Ser Humano." Now in 2019, Camilo Séptimo just released their captivating new album, Navegantes. No doubt to this day, Camilo Séptimo is one of the most influential bands in Mexico and Latin America.

Last edited:

kzmxgirl

FSC NOVEMBER 2021 (25th place)

2560px-Flag_of_Mexico.svg.png

Kenia Os - Me Dolió ft. Alan Jacques, Kid Gallo & Amador

images

Kenia Guadalupe Flores Osuna (born 15 July 1999), known professionally as Kenia Os, is a Mexican singer, model, and songwriter.

Kenia is also known for her music, With her hit "Por Siempre". Osuna currently has 7 million subscribers on her main YouTube channel with 3.7 million subscribers on her music channel. Among her acknowledgments, she has won the MTV Millennial Awards, Kids' Choice Awards, and Premio Eres and was nominated for the Heat Latin Music Awards.

In 2015, Os created her first YouTube channel, and soon after she became well known in Mexico. In 2018 she became a singer, releasing her first single "Por Siempre" and signed a contract with Lizos Music.

In 2019, she released her first EP En Vivo (Acoustic), and became an emerging music artist in Mexico. The following year, she was invited to participate in the Spotify Awards.[3] In 2020, she released her second EP Canciones Pa Mi Ex Vol.1, in 2021 her third EP Live From Blackwood Studio. She was later invited by MTV Latina to be one of the hosts of the 2021 MTV Millennial Awards alongside Kali Uchis.[4]

In October of the same year, she joined the main cast of the HBO Max original show Bake Off Celebrity Mexico: The Great Pastry Chef. Also in October, it was announced that she would give voice to the soundtrack and main theme of the Televisa novel, Contigo Sí, together with the singer León Leiden. She also recently signed with the record company Sony Music Mexico.

Last edited:

kzmxgirl

FSC MEXICO MARCH 2022 (24th place)

Lupita D´Alessio-Y Qué Tal Si Te Vas​

Lupita D'Alessio (born Guadalupe Contreras Ramos on 10 March 1954 in Tijuana, Baja California) is a Mexican singer and actress. She is nicknamed La Leona Dormida (the title of one of her songs which translates to "The sleeping lioness").

She started her career in show business with her father Poncho D'Alessio who had a musical show called La Familia D'Alessio on a Tijuana television station. She then moved to Mexico City and released a single "Mi Corazón es un Gitano", a cover of the Italian song "Il Cuore è Uno Zingaro" which won the Sanremo Music Festival, both in 1971. Then she was selected to perform the theme song of the telenovela of Televisa titled Mundo de juguete. She was invited to take roles on Ana del Aire and other productions in the 1970s and 1980s. Lupita sang the title song of telenovela Pacto de Amor, where she also acted.

In 1978, she won the Mexican national final to select the country's entrant in the seventh edition of the OTI Festival which was held in Santiago, Chile. Her entry, entitled "Como tú" (Just like you) was received with critical acclaim and as a result, she got third place in the contest. This fact helped her to consolidate her musical career in Mexico.

In 1980, Lupita was one of the main characters in Ernesto Alonso's Aprendiendo a Amar, where she played the role of her older daughter (the younger daughter was played by Erika Buenfil). The telenovela starred Susana Dosamantes (mother of Paulina Rubio). Lupita also sang the theme song "A Mí". She performed concerts on tour in Central and South America.

In 1986, Lupita starred in the movie Mentiras alongside Juan Ferrara, where she played Lupita Montero, an aspiring singer; she performed several songs for the soundtrack of the movie, including "Mudanzas". In 1987, she appeared in the short telenovela Tiempo De Amar, alongside Fernando Allende. Her last project of the 1980s was 1989's "Quién te crees tú", the theme to her last finished acting project, telenovela Lo Blanco y lo Negro.

In 2000, she accepted a telenovela role in TV Azteca's Ellas, inocentes o culpables, although she left the production after a month. She returned to Televisa in 2002 for a guest appearance on the situation comedy La Jaula with Cesar Bono, Carlos Eduardo Rico, and Sheyla Tadeo.

For her work in television and as a recording artist, D'Alessio has her handprints and star imbedded on the Paseo de las Luminarias in Mexico City.

In 2011, she participated as a critic in several episodes of Parodiando.

In 2018, she starred her own biography on the mini series Hoy voy a Cambiar, adding another number one hit together with the song Yo Sigo Aqui.​

Last edited:

kzmxgirl

FSC APRIL 2022 MEXICO
16th place

https://flic.kr/p/qxgCHV

VICTOR GARCÍA | COMO LO HACES CONMIGO​

Víctor Alejandro García Pérez (born October 1, 1975 in Cd. Madero, Tamaulipas, Tamaulipas) is a Mexican singer and actor.
His father (Victor Garcia) was a sailor and considers his mother (Juana Pérez Sustaita) to be his source of inspiration. His grandfather was a singer and Víctor was compelled to follow his steps. He formed part of a musical group (Proyecto Malta) and practiced Lima lama martial arts as a teenager. In his senior year, he dropped out of high school because he wanted to dedicate himself fully to his singing career. He learned to play guitar and moved to Mexico City with some friends when he turned 18. In Mexico City, he worked at the L’Canto bar and eventually was able to perform there as a singer.

https://flic.kr/p/3rC9ox
In 1996 he became the singer of the newly created Grupo Nahum and participated in the Festival Valores Juveniles Bacardi contest winning the second prize in the "Best Musical Group" category. They recorded several albums with producers such as Carlos Lara, Gerardo Flores and Aníbal Pastor.

In 2002 he participated in the casting for the new reality show of TV Azteca, La Academia. He was accepted and on June 30 of the same year he joined the 14-member group. He started in the sixth place but was voted off in the seventh concert. After leaving the academy, he maintained a good attitude and was invited back in the "alumni concert" and was asked to stay. On November 10 he became one of the five finalists of the competition. On December 1 he obtained the second place in the finals. His prize was 1.5 million pesos (approximately 140,000 US dollars) in cash, a brand new car, a contract with the Coca-Cola music tour and a contract for five records with Sony Music.

In March 2003 he sang the title song for the telenovela Un nuevo amor ("A new love") with the La Academia alumnus Miguel Ángel. He later joined the cast of the telenovela Enamórate ("Fall in love with me"). In May 2005 he released his first album titled Víctor García which debuted at number one. A month later, he starred in the telenovela 2 chicos de cuidado en la ciudad ("2 guys to be careful with in the city") where he also sang the title song. In August he received a platinum album for the sale of more than 175,000 records in Mexico. The next month he made a presentation at the Reliant Center of Houston, Texas where he was cheered by more than 30,000 people. In 2004 he became the most-played Latin artist on radio in the United States in the Mexican Regional Music category and was nominated for the Lo Nuestro Billboard award in the same category. In August of the same year he formed part of the cast of the sitcom Los Sánchez and was later nominated for the Oye! Awards in the "Song of the year" for Otra vez ("Again"), "Best new artist" and "Grupero singer or group".

In October 2005, he received a Gold album for the sale of more than 50,000 records of Loco por tí in just 2 weeks after its release. He currently plays Brayan Ferreira in the TV Azteca Novela Pobre Rico Pobre.

Last edited:

kzmxgirl

FSC JUNE 2022 MEXICO

KALIMBA-LA QUIERO PARA MI

Kalimba Kadjaly Marichal Ibar (born 26 July 1982), known mononymously as Kalimba, is a Mexican singer and actor.​
Kalimba was born in Mexico City to Afro-Cuban parents. He and his sister M'balia were both given traditional African names. His parents, especially his father, were involved in music and theatre.

Kalimba began his career at the age of three. He and his sister M'balia Marichal began performing in theatre and on television. Kalimba appeared on shows such as Chiquilladas and Chispas de chocolate (in which he shared credit with his sister and his father). At the same time he participated in the telenovela Carrusel de las Américas.

In 1993, Kalimba joined La Onda Vaselina as part of the Mexican pop group OV7, participating in the album La Banda Rock. After leaving the group in 1996, he returned to dubbing with work in films such as Disney's The Lion King where he sang as the voice of Simba for the song I Just Can't Wait to Be King (Yo Quisiera Ya Ser El Rey), and James and the Giant Peach. He voiced Takashi in the Latin Spanish dub of Akira, as well as the eponymous character in Chicken Little. Other works include the voice of Kit Cloudkicker in TaleSpin, the voice of Arnold in Hey Arnold!, the voice of Lucky in 101 Dalmatians: The Series, and the telenovela "Carrusel de las Américas".

Kalimba is also known for his acting, appearing in Héroes verdaderos (2010), Broken Sky (2006), and Chispas de chocolate (1986).

kzmxgirl

FSC JULY 2022 MEXICO

Ana Mena, Belinda - LAS 12 (8th place)​

Ana Mena and Belinda Peregrín have reunited in Las 12, a single published on Friday, June 17, which could become one of the songs of the summer. This is the long-awaited Spanish version of Mezzanotte, a song that Ana Mena from Malaga released two weeks earlier.

The singers' mix pop and EDM styles in this work, in which the instrumental parts stand out after the choruses. The lyrics of the composition follow the same line as its Italian version and talk about the connection between two people. "Dancing like you and me, if nobody can do it like you and me. And nobody like you knows me, I don't know who I call when 12 o'clock arrives," the artists sing in their verses.

Pablo H. Smith, who had already gone behind the scenes at Mezzanotte, also directs the video for Las 12, which presents a completely different story. The clip exceeds 100,000 views in a matter of hours and is already appearing on the YouTube trending list.

Ana Mena and Belinda become warriors who have to face a group of zombies in a house. In their battle, they use shotguns, baseball bats, fire, and fists. The undead ends up dancing a choreography outside the house.

The collaboration of the Spanish and the Mexican singers comes after the two participated as actresses in Welcome to Eden, where they played Judith and Africa. The Netflix fiction premiered on May 6 and has already been renewed for a second season.​

Last edited:

kzmxgirl

FSC MEXICO AUGUST 2022

Motel - Bailando Al Amanecer (18th place)​

https://flic.kr/p/aLjbnT

Motel is a Mexican rock band created in 2002, consisting of Guillermo "Billy" Méndez and Rodrigo Dávila Chapoy.
Both recorded songs in music studios and rehearsals independently for several months before coming together as a group. They then played as a duo in bars in Mexico City, eventually inviting Michel DeQuevedo (drums) and Rubén Puente (bass) to form part of the band. Michel DeQuevedo was later replaced by José Damián (drums).

In March 2006, they released their debut album, Motel, and single, "Dime Ven", both produced by Aureo Baqueiro and co-produced by Jay de la Cueva under the Warner Music label. "Dime Ven" peaked at second place in the Mexican Hot 100 in July 2006, coming just short of Julieta Venegas's "Me Voy". Motel followed with a second single, "Olvídame". The same year, Motel wrote Skimo es el Lugar for the television sitcom Skimo, broadcast by Nickelodeon.

By March 2007, Motel announced through their website the upcoming release of their second album, 17, which was released on 20 November 2007. 17' first single, "Y Te Vas", was released in anticipation in October and listed as a weekly free download on iTunes. "17" was released on 29 January in the United States, after the band had promoted in the U.S. Later, the band released three more singles: "Uno, Dos, Tres", "Dos Palabras" featuring Lu's lead singer, Paty Cantú, and "Ahí vienes". The band also promised to hold a concert soon for those under 18, since their last two concerts were exclusively for adults.

Last edited:

kzmxgirl

RECAP OF MEXICO'S REPRESENTATIONS SEPTEMBER-DECEMBER 2022

SEPTEMBER 2022
Artist: Luciano Pereyra, Los Ángeles Azules
Song: Una Mujer Como Tú

OCTOBER 2022
Artist: Nid Singer
Song: Canalla

NOVEMBER 2022​

ARTISTS: Kim Loaiza ft. Elvis De Yongol

SONG TITLE: DEVOTO

DECEMBER 2022​

ARTISTS: Thalia

SONG TITLE: Psycho B**ch

kzmxgirl

RECAP OF MEXICO'S REPRESENTATIONS JANUARY-JULY 2023

JANUARY 2023​

ARTISTS: Abraham Mateo, Belinda

SONG TITLE: Me Encantaría

FEBRUARY 2023​

ARTIST: Salma

SONG TITLE: Frida

MARCH 2023​

ARTIST: La Ross Maria, Leon Leiden

SONG TITLE: Mereces Menos

APRIL 2023​

ARTIST: Bruses ft. Kenia Os & Yoss Bones

SONG TITLE: No Me Marques Pedo

MAYO 2023​

ARTIST: Kaia Lana

SONG TITLE: Amantes Astrales

JUNIO 2023​

ARTIST: Brisa Carrillo

SONG TITLE: Amor Bonito y Un Mezcal

JULIO 2023​

ARTIST: Los Ángeles Azules & Carlos Vives

SONG TITLE: Cumbia del Corazón

kzmxgirl

FSC AUGUST 2023

MEXICO

https://flic.kr/p/7xLYKU

https://flic.kr/p/6NbYTy
Gloria de los Ángeles Treviño Ruiz (born February 15, 1968), known as Gloria Trevi, is a Mexican singer, songwriter, dancer, actress, television hostess, music video director and businesswoman known as "The Supreme Diva of Mexican Pop".

Career​

In 1985, Trevi became a member of a short-lived girl group named Boquitas Pintadas. After the group broke up in 1988, she approached Sergio Andrade [es] for the production of her first solo album, ¿Qué Hago Aquí? (What Am I Doing Here?), which was released in 1989 and scored a number one hit across Latin America, "Dr. Psiquiatra". Trevi was often dubbed as the Madonna of Mexico.

In 1991, Trevi released her second album, Tu Ángel de la Guarda (Your Guardian Angel), which is widely regarded as one of her best albums. "Pelo Suelto", the lead single from the album, was a worldwide success, reaching number 1 in several Latin America countries and in Spain. Billboard magazine included Tu Angel de la Guarda in their list of greatest Latin albums of all time. Her third album, Me Siento Tan Sola (I Feel So Lonely), was released in 1992 garnering another hit, "Zapatos Viejos". Trevi starred in the film of the same name in 1993. In 1994, she released two singles, "El Recuento De Los Daños" and "La Papa Sin Catsup", from her fourth studio album Más Turbada Que Nunca (More Turbulent than Ever). Both singles reigned the Billboard Top Latin Albums. In December 1995, Trevi released her final studio album of the decade, and her final album produced by Andrade, Si Me Llevas Contigo (If You Take Me with You). The album produced two moderate hits, "Ella Que Nunca Fue Ella" ("She Who Never Was Herself") and "Si Me Llevas Contigo" ("If You Take Me with You"). On March 13, 1996, Trevi announced that she would retire to care for Andrade during his cancer battle. She offered her last two concerts at the National Auditorium, March 16 and 17.

In 2013, Trevi released her tenth studio album De Pelicula. The album produced the single "No Querias Lastimarme" ("You Didn't Want to Hurt Me"), which was a critical and massive success. The song reached the top ten of the Latin Billboard charts and topped the charts of several Latin American countries. In 2015, Trevi embarked on a new passion project, which would become her eleventh studio album, El Amor. The concept album included covers of popular Latin American love ballads, including previous songs from Trevi's catalog as well as original work. Trevi had two alter-egos for the album, Mr. Trevi and Mrs. Gloria. The album debuted at the top of the Billboard charts and produced two successful singles, "Como Yo Te Amo" ("How I Love You") and "Las Pequeñas Cosas" ("The Little Things"). In 2017, Trevi collaborated with fellow Mexican artist Alejandra Guzmán for the album Versus. The album included two singles, "Cuando un Hombre te Enamora" and "Mas Buena". The two singers embarked on the Versus World Tour during summer and fall 2017.

Personal life​

Trevi married Armando Gómez, a lawyer, in 2009. She now lives in McAllen, Texas, with Gómez and her two sons. Trevi received the BMI President's Award on March 2, 2016, at the 23rd BMI Latin Awards for her impact on Latin pop.

THIS EDITION GLORIA TREVI REPRESENTS OUR COUNTRY WITH MEDUSA, AN ADDICTIVE DANCE TUNE WITH TRAP FUSION SHOWCASING HER GREAT VOCAL ABILITIES WHICH PROMISES TO MAKE THE AUDIENCE GO WILD!

Top Bottom