Contact us

FSC Mexico

Which music genres would you like to see competing on next FSC editions for Mexico?

• hard rock

9 17.0%
  • alternative rock

23 43.4%
  • pop

24 45.3%
  • electronic music

17 32.1%
  • rap

2 3.8%
  • ranchera

6 11.3%
  • banda

7 13.2%
  • ballads in general

18 34.0%
  • reggaeton

10 18.9%

• Total voters

handeyener

FSC SEPTEMBER 2015 MEXICO

Flag_of_Mexico_1917.png

Sasha-Benny-Erik-Primera-Fila-2.jpg

Sasha, Benny y Erik are a pop band from Mexico. The group was formed by 3 former members of the Mexican pop group Timbiriche, consisting of Sasha Sokol, Benny Ibarra and Erik Rubin who are close friends in real life. With much anticipation by their fans, Sasha, Benny and Erik released the live album Primera Fila: Sasha Benny Erik. The project has enjoyed much success with a national tour that started in late 2012 and has continued through much of 2014. The album has been certified triple platinum + gold in Mexico for sales exceeding 210,000 copies. Originally, the band performed 2 concerts at the National Auditorium in Mexico City in April of 2013, but due to demand, they did two more concerts at the venue in September of that same year. In 2013, they released En Vivo desde el Auditorio Nacional, which went gold a few days after its release. At the end of 2013, the album Primera Fila: Sasha Benny Erik was officially recognized by AMPROFON as the second best-selling album in Mexico that year (after the album "Confidencias" by Alejandro Fernandez).In late 2014, Sasha, Benny y Erik will release their first studio album "Vuelta al Sol" and release "Esta Noche" as their first single.

THIS MONTH'S ENTRY

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!

handeyener

:mx::mx::mx::mx::mx::mx::mx::mx::mx::mx::mx::mx::: mx:mx::mx::mx::mx::mx::mx::mx::mx::mx::mx::mx::mx: :mx::mx::mx::mx::mx::mx::mx::mx::mx:

FSC DECEMBER 2015

PANDORA FT CARLOS RIVERA
SONGTITLE: MALDITA SEA (DAMM IT)

c01_01_pandora.jpg

1022348538.jpg

DURING DECEMBER WE ARE GOING WITH A LATIN FLAVORED ENTRY THAT REMINDS US OF SUMMER SEASON

YEARS ACTIVE AS A BAND: 1981-present

Pandora are a female Mexican singing trio. The original line-up consisted of sisters Isabel Lascurain and Mayte Lascurain and their cousin Fernanda Meade.

During their school years, the Lascurain sisters and some friends participated as a group in various music festivals, calling themselves "Las Jeans". Later, Fernanda Meade, a family friend, joined Isabel and Mayte to form a trio called "Trebol". Under this name they recorded an album for RCA Victor in 1981 entitled El Día Que Me Quieras (The Day That You Love Me).

From 1981 to 1984 the trio established itself doing backup vocals for artists such as Emmanuel and Pedro Vargas (who is the sisters' godfather), and backup vocals for the group Timbiriche. On November 29, 1984, the trio was given the opportunity to sign a record deal with EMI. The artistic director of EMI Capitol Mexico, Luis Moyano, christened the group "Pandora", the first female trio in Mexico in thirty years. In Greek mythology, Pandora was the first woman created on the earth.

Meade left the group in May 1989 to pursue a solo career, returning to the group in 1997; during this time, her place was taken by Liliana Aboroa.

Their signature song is a composition by singer-songwriter Hernaldo Zúñiga titled "¿Cómo te va mi amor?" (Eng.: "How is it going my love?") which was recently included on the VH1 countdown of the 100 Best Songs of the 80s in Spanish at number 16.

Pandora peaked at number one in the Billboard Hot Latin Tracks in 1993 with their rendition of "Without You", titled "Desde el Día Que Te Fuiste", taken from their cover album Ilegal. The album received a nomination for Pop Album at the Lo Nuestro Awards of 1993 and Pandora won for Pop Group of the Year. The following year, they appeared as guest artists on Plácido Domingo's Grammy-nominated album, De Mi Alma Latina.

Pandora's music can be classified as Latin Pop, though some of their later albums feature much more traditional Mexican composition. Pandora borrows heavily from other performers and songwriters. The trio has covered many songs of Juan Gabriel, Manuel Alejandro, and Hernaldo Zúñiga. These covers make up a large part of their performance repertoire.

After issuing Pandora Otra Vez in 1986, Fernanda Meade, Isabel Lascurian, and Mayte Lascurian had the opportunity to perform live in the U.S. while participating in a tribute to Plácido Domingo at Los Angeles' Universal Amphitheater, moving to Europe to make Huellas a year later.While touring America to promote Hace Tres Noches Apenas, a traditional Mexican music album, Pandora's live performance at Mexico City's Metropolitan Theater was recorded on May 8, 1998, released as Pandora 1985/1998.

To celebrate the 25th anniversary of their debut, the three original members of Pandora reunited in 2010 to release a new album, Pandora.. de plata, which consisted of covers, duets, and re-recordings of their old hits.

A MALE SINGER IS FEATURED ON THE SONG, HE IS CARLOS RIVERA A NEWCOMER TALENT THAT SPENT 2 YEARS IN SPAIN. EVERYBODY REMEMBERS HIM ON MEXICO BECAUSE A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO HE PARTICIPATED IN AN X FACTOR STYLE SHOW CALLED LA ACADEMIA (BROADCASTED ON TV AZTECA, THE 2ND BIGGEST MEXICAN TV CHANNEL).

OFFICIAL SONG, GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE:

handeyener

2000px-Flag_of_Mexico.svg.png

FSC JANUARY 2016

ANAHI FT ZUZUKA PODEROSA-BOOM CHA

FINALLY AFTER MANY YEARS SOME OF YOU HAVE THE CHANCE TO SEE ON THE FSC STAGE TO ONE OF THE MOST FAMOUS MEXICAN SINGERS WORLDWIDE

anahi.jpg

Anahí Giovanna Puente Portilla de Velasco known mononymously as Anahí is a mexican singer-songwriter and actress.

She is best known for starring in Alondra (1995), Mujeres Engañadas (1999), Primer Amor (2000), Clase 406 (2003), Rebelde (2004) and Dos Hogares (2011).

She was a member of Latin-teen pop group RBD, who were twice-nominated for a Latin Grammy and sold over 66 million albums. In 2009, she released the album Mi Delirio, which sold a million copies worldwide. She has sold 3 million albums in her career as a solo artist.

As the wife of Manuel Velasco Coello, Governor of Chiapas, she is the First Lady of Chiapas.

Discography

Anahí (1993)
¿Hoy Es Mañana? (1996)
Anclado En Mi Corazón (1997)
Baby Blue (2000)
Mi Delirio (2009)
Amnesia (2016)

BUT ALSO ALONGSIDE ANAHI PARTICIPATES A BRAZILIAN-INDONESIAN NEWCOMER ARTIST CALLED ZUZUKA PODEROSA, SO IT BECOMES THE FIRST TIME ::MX SEND AN ENTRY IN BOTH PORTUGUESE AND SPANISH, SHE MIXES BOTH FUNK, SAMBA AND ELECTRONIC FLAVOR ON HER MUSICAL STYLE.

Recently a top US Latin publication, Latina Magazine, highlighted the music of Brazilian and Indonesian badass Zuzuka Poderosa. In a special issue dedicated to top Latinos in the EDM genre, Zuzuka positioned herself as a top artist pushing the envelope of EDM music for an increasingly open-minded global market. And if that weren't cool enough, in Latina's curated list of 11 top acts to follow, Zuzuka was the only female listed representing the movement.

968x550-zuzuka-nathanieldarst-artistpage.jpg

OFFICIAL VIDEOCLIP, GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!

handeyener

FSC FEBRUARY 16 MEXICO

Mexico-Flag-l.jpg

CD9 I FEEL ALIVE!!!

cd9.jpg

CD9 are a Mexican boy band formed by Jos Canela, Alonso Villalpando, Freddy Leyva, Alan Navarro and Bryan Mouque. Their training is given in 2013, in Mexico City. Members named so because they claim that term —which is an acronym for "Code 9" —is used to change the topic of conversation and that reflects who they are.

In August 2013 independently published "The Party", and he quickly managed to draw the attention of the record company Sony Music México with whom he signed a recording contract. Then William Valdés, a former member, left the Group and was replaced by Bryan Mouque.

In the first half of 2014, they released two EPs, which managed to position itself at the top of sales in their country of origin. Later, at the end of September of the same year, the label released their Studio debut named homonymous album and a month obtained a certification of gold by AMPROFON after overcoming 30 000 copies sold. To promote their album, they carried out his The Party Tour concert tour in Latin America.
In the first two months of 2015, rebounded debut album : CD9: Love & Live Edition which includes live material from their tour. Of their first record productions seal has released four singles: "The Party", "Ángel Cruel", "Me equivoqué" and "Eres"; the later already is present in charts as Top Latin Songs of Latin Monitor as one of the most played songs.

OFFICIAL VIDEOCLIP, GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!!

handeyener

FSC MARCH 2016 MEXICO

mexico_flag-wide.jpg

QUIERO CLUB-4 PUNTOS

Quiero Club (Spanish for "I want club") is an experimental pop indie band from Monterrey, Mexico. They are part of Happy-fi collective and released their debut album in late 2006. Their music combines several elements from different genres like rock, pop and electronic music.

Quiero-club-1000.jpg

Boscop Benavente, Priscila González, Marcela Viejo, & Luis Fara, came from different backgrounds before they joined forces with Gustavo Mauricio, founder of the Monterrey-based music/art collective/gang/tribe/record label/party throwers "Happy-fi" . At the end of 2002, Priscila started the band with Gustavo to play cover versions of The Moldy Peaches and other groups they liked after they jammed live on Gustavo's radio show "We are the Rock & Roll"; Boscop joined them soon after ( early 2003). By the end of that year, during a Happy Fest (one of the parties that the collective used to expose their artists) Marcela watched the trio and asked to join them. A couple of months later (early 2004), Luis Fara came along and they started writing and rehearsing their own material.

They recorded "No Coke" and "Pecan Pie" at Luigi Marchetti's (bassist of Monterrey's rock band Niña, also part of the Happy Fi family) home studio in Santa Catarina, Nuevo León, during the summer of 2004 for a Happy Fi compilation, the first track leaked unto Mexico City's recently created radio station Reactor and quickly became one of the most requested tunes and, consequently, one of the station's early hits. When they found out, Quiero Club went into a professional studio to re arrange the song, new drums, bass, guitar, keyboards tracks were recorded as well as additional programming.

NPR says: "It was the beginning of 2006 and a catchy song in Spanglish titled "No Coke" hit the emerging Mexican indie scene by storm; five years later, Quiero Club is arguably today's most eclectic and critically acclaimed Mexican pop band.

They were invited to Mexico City's Vive Latino festival in 2005 with just a bunch of songs and it was until then that they considered to take their band seriously. They toured the country during the rest of the year and continued to write songs while touring. With self financing and while continuing to tour Mexico, they entered Belafonte Studio in San Pedro Garza García. It was not until the winter of 2006 that Quiero Club’s self produced debut album WOF came out to rave reviews. At this time they signed with management & boooking agency HOME (Haas, Onetto, Montemayor Entertainment).

WOF had four singles with their respective videos: No Coke, Backstage Drama, Let Da Music, & Latin America. On March 2008 "WOF" was released in Japan via Art Union Co. with a remix of "let da music" by Japan's 80kids as a Bonus track. Some of WOF's tracks became part of different compilations, others became part of various movie soundtracks, others were remixed by dance floor connoisseurs.

After 2 years of performing all sorts of scenarios, from homemade backyard gigs to huge international festivals like Vive Latino Mexico (05, 07), Corona Festival (07), MX Beat (07) and Rock al Parque Colombia (07); Quiero Club became a bit self-conscious and entered the studio to start working on new songs.

They continued to tour while recording and writing new material, in the middle of the recording they released the song "Showtime" along with its video on April 2008; "Showtime" was co produced by Phil Vinall and it was the first single from their 12 track second album called "Nueva America". After playing the Motorkr festival along with MGMT, The Flaming Lips and Nine Inch Nails (among others), Nueva America was released on November 2008; a bit more psychedelic, a bit more pop, a bit more dance, a bit more experimental. Jason Roberts worked with them on the second single "The Flow"; and for their third single they picked "Minutos de Aire" a song they co wrote with Jorge Gonzalez of the legendary Chilean band Los Prisioneros. "Minutos de Aire" became Reactor 105.7's number one song in 2009, which proved to be a good year for the band, after they opened for one of Depeche Mode's two dates in Mexico City's Foro Sol.

OFFICIAL VIDEOCLIP

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!

kzmxgirl

:mx: FSC Mexico - June 2020 - Amandititita & Sandra Echeverría - De Mejores Corazones Me Han Corrido :mx:

Amandititita-y-Sandra-Echeverr%C3%ADa-estrenar%C3%A1n-tema-juntas-1280x720.png

For Mexico´s return to the contest we decided to try our luck with one of the most original artists in our country: Amandititita, a brave singer and songwriter who isn´t afraid of stereotypes, who always risks with new music proposals, and who can surprise you with her collaborations. At first sight, no one knew what to expect in the beginning when pairing with Sandra Echeverria (a famous actress in Mexico and for Telemundo productions in the USA) and even people weren´t serious that Sandra sings well. But Sandra has proven wrong the majority since besides of being a good actress, she has a nice voice! This proves her first time incursion in a more Latin urban beat since her previous songs were mostly ballads.

Amandititita (Amanda Lalena Escalante Pimentel) is a Mexican cumbia singer and songwriter. She is the daughter of Rodrigo Gonzalez.She came to public attention in 2007 as a performer of what she called 'AnarCumbia', a style said to be entirely urban and a blend of rock, reggae, rap, and traditional Mexican cumbia. She was signed by Sony-BMG and released her first album, La Reina de Anarcumbia, early in 2008. The single, La Muy Muy, from this album, charted on Billboard.

54c069d0-cd98-11e9-bfbf-fac724896589

Sandra Echeverría is not newcomer to the FSC scene, she participated back in 2015 with the song "La fuerza del destino" on a duet with the famous Puerto Rican singer Marc Anthony. They reached one of the best positions ever for Mexico in the contest (4th place). Even if not reaching again a top 10 position this time, Sandra wanted to return back to the contest experimenting a new music style and at the same time, help Amandititita to start launching an international career showing their originality, quirkiness, having fun on the stage, and the most important part, bringing catchy Latin vibes to the audience!

MV5BZjgzNDc5NTktYTk0OS00OTViLWE3ZDMtN2JmZGEwOWFkY2JkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTI3MTQ3NzI@._V1_-e1578597974348-768x649.jpg

THE SONG!

Lyrics

Ding, dong, toc, toc, toc
Estoy en la puerta, vuelvo a tocar
Ding, dong, toc, toc, toc
Y no hay respuesta, me empiezo a preocupar
Dos llamadas perdidas
Me bastaron pa' saber que estoy afuera de tu vida
Fue claro y grosero
Me sacaste como si yo fuera un basurero, uf, vaya qué día
Me voy por donde vine, ya estoy doblando la esquina
Chale, ya ni modo (oh, oh)
Tampoco es pa' llorar

De mejores corazones me han corrido (¡uh!)
De mejores corazones me han corrido (¡hey!)
Soy la reina en los finales, porque de todos me rio
De mejores corazones me han corrido (ah-ah-ay)
De mejores corazones me han corrido
Soy la reina en los finales porque de todos me rio

No sé en qué estaba pensando
Cuando en ti me estaba fijando
Sé lo que yo valgo, yo soy una reina
Eres lo que había, yo estaba aburrida
Y no soy monedita de oro
Pero tú no eres un tesoro (no, no, no)
Me dijiste versos, poemas perfectos
Y todos plagiados, eres un tarado
Tú ya verás lo que estás perdiendo
Yo ya me voy, no me está doliendo
Eras mi gusto culposo (qué oso)
No pa' que fueras mi esposo

De mejores corazones me han corrido (¿y qué?)
De mejores corazones me han corrido (¿y qué?, ¿qué?, ¿qué?)

Me voy bien lejos, y estás pendejo
Si crees que voy a llorar (¡uy!)
Si crees que voy a rogar, no, no, no, no
No, no, no, no

Échale, mi Sandra
Tenemos la puerta abierta del mundo

De mejores corazones me han corrido (¿y qué?)
De mejores corazones me han corrido (¿y qué?, ¿qué?, ¿qué?)
De mejores corazones me han corrido (¡uoh!)
Soy la reina en los finales porque de todos me rio

Y me vale
Y me rio (Amanditita)
Que sufran ellos, ¿nosotras qué?​

kzmxgirl

:mx::mx: FSC JULY 2020 :mx::mx:

ampersan_web1.png

Ampersan is one of the most original and promising bands of the new generation of Mexican musicians. Join Ampersan in a sonic journey through the landscapes of Mexico and Latin America. Their music brings together the feelings of peasant songs, son, and psychedelica with rock, rap, and electronica.

Featuring:

Zindu Cano – jarana, acoustic guitar, vocals
Kevin García – punteador, electric guitar, vocals

Since its inception in 2007, Ampersan has rooted their sound in the traditional acoustic music of Mexico. The duo’s compositions have been used for dance performances, puppet theatre, documentaries, and short films. With two albums and a DVD, Ampersan has performed to great acclaim throughout Mexico, Spain, Germany, Uruguay, Argentina, Guatemala, and the U.S.

FOR THIS EDITION, THE NAHUATL LANGUAGE MAKES ITS DEBUT AT THE FSC, SADLY OUR LANGUAGES YEAR BY YEAR ARE STARTING TO HAVE LESS SPEAKERS, AND THE YOUNGER GENERATIONS ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO KEEP OUR LANGUAGES AND TRADITIONS ALIVE AND ENCOURAGE THE YOUNGER GENERATIONS TO ALSO LISTEN SONGS IN OUR BEAUTIFUL LANGUAGES AND BE ABLE TO SPEAK BOTH SPANISH PLUS AN INDIGENOUS LANGUAGE OF THEIR REGION OF ORIGIN. THAT´S WHY THIS SONG IS VERY MEMORABLE SINCE THE FIRST LISTENING! IT TAKES YOU ON A JOURNEY OF PAST, PRESENT AND FUTURE AND IT IS A CELEBRATION OF CULTURE!

TONATI MEANS SUN, IN NAHUATL LANGUAGE IT COMES FROM THE WORD TONATIUH. THE SUN WAS A SACRED ELEMENT OF OUR ANCESTORS. HERE IS SOME BRIEF INFO ABOUT THE LANGUAGE SANG AT THE SONG´S CHORUS:

"Nahuatl is a language or group of languages of the Uto-Aztecan language family. Varieties of Nahuatl are spoken by about 1.7 million Nahua peoples, most of whom live in central Mexico. Nahuatl has been spoken in central Mexico since at least the seventh century CE. It was the language of the Aztec/Mexica/Tlaxcalans, who dominated what is now central Mexico during the Late Postclassic period of Mesoamerican history. when Spanish colonists and missionaries introduced the Latin alphabet, Nahuatl also became a literary language. Many chronicles, grammars, works of poetry, administrative documents, and codices were written in it during the 16th and 17th centuries. This early literary language based on the Tenochtitlan variety has been labeled Classical Nahuatl. It is among the most studied and best-documented languages of the Americas. Today, Nahuatl languages are spoken in scattered communities, mostly in rural areas throughout central Mexico and along the coastline. There are considerable differences among varieties, and some are not mutually intelligible. Huasteca Nahuatl, with over one million speakers, is the most-spoken variety. All varieties have been subject to varying degrees of influence from Spanish."

Nahuatl.png

ENJOY THE TUNE! AND GOOD LUCK TO ALL ENTRIES!

kzmxgirl

:mx: :mx: :mx: FSC MEXICO AUGUST 2020 :mx: :mx: :mx: :mx: :mx:

5TH PLACE FSC
After sending catchy cumbia tunes with Amandititita and Sandra Echeverría, delighting ourselves with the beautiful folk-experimental melody of Ampersan last month sang in Spanish and Nahuatl, now we change of pace and present to the audience something retro, with a touch of synth-pop and a colorful and modern video production, something you can play over the radio and transporting you to other world. Moenia are true professionals and they will represent our country on the highest level investing on one of the most elaborated performances in the history of Mexico at the FSC. It´s such an honor for our country to be represented by a prestigious band with 24 years of history!

moenia.jpg

Mœnia is a Mexican electronica/synthpop/ambient group. Popular within the Latin club scene while simultaneously pioneering a darker, more experimental, more poetic side of Spanish-language electronica, Mœnia has had three top-20 hits. Along with Aleks Syntek, Mœnia is often considered one of the first successful experimental Mexican music composers and performers, finding commercial viability in a market normally dominated by Latin ballad crooners, teenage vocal groups and musical styles with more mass appeal like cumbia, reggaeton and ranchera. Mœnia is also popular in other parts of Latin America, including the Argentinian and Chilean music markets, where they have also charted. Some of their most recognized singles include "Estabas Ahí," "No Dices Más" and "Manto Estelar".

LYRICS

He oído lo que dicen de mí
No lo voy a negar
Pero sí a tí te asusta algo así
Entonces vete ya
Si no
¿Por qué quedarnos esperando?
Si yo
Prefiero manejar
A dónde me lleve el viento
Yo me sentiré contento
La carretera nos promete continuar
Me puedes acompañar
Por el dinero no hay que pensar
Pues, la carretera nos promete continuar
Continuar
Aquí es donde nada creció
Sueños, ya no hay
Aquí la vida no te da opción
Serás sólo uno más
Y yo
No quiero quedarme esperando
Si yo
Prefiero manejar
A donde me lleve el viento
Yo me sentiré contento
La carretera nos promete continuar
Me puedes acompañar
Por el dinero no hay que pensar
Pues, la carretera nos promete continuar
Continuar
(Summer, summer, summer drive)
Summer drive
(Summer, summer, summer drive)
Summer drive

The official video

GOOD LUCK TO ALL ENTRIES!

Last edited:

kzmxgirl

:mx::mx::mx::mx: FSC SEPTEMBER 2020 :mx::mx::mx::mx:

Vazquez-Sounds.jpg

Vázquez Sounds, is a Mexican musical trio formed by siblings Abelardo "Abe", Gustavo "Gus" and Angela "Angie" Vázquez originating from the city of Mexicali, Baja California, in Mexico. They are known for their cover of the Adele song "Rolling in the Deep", which received over 230 million YouTube hits, becoming an instant internet sensation, and even earning them air time on Spanish-language television, CNN en Español, VH1 and Good Morning America.

Vázquez Sounds released their cover of Adele's "Rolling in the Deep" on November 10, 2011 on YouTube. The single peaked at number one on the Mexican Top 100 Chart, and was certified platinum by the AMPROFON. They released their second single, a rendition of "All I Want for Christmas Is You", which peaked number two on the top 10, following their version of "Rolling in the Deep" at number one.

In September 2014, Vazquez Sounds released their first album containing original songs, which was an instant hit and earned them a nomination at the 2015 Latin GRAMMYs as "Best New Artist". Currently Vazquez Sounds remain as independent artists.

The trio forms a full band with the following recording arrangement:

Abe Vázquez – guitar, bass, piano, harmonica, accordion, ukulele, keyboard, vocals, percussion, drums
Born on December 23, 1995.

Gus Vázquez – drums, percussion, guitar, banjo, harmonica, piano
Born on May 15, 1998.

Angie Vázquez – lead vocals, piano, harmonica, guitar, ukulele
Born on January 17, 2001.

THE SONG!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE ENTRIES!

kzmxgirl

:mx::mx::mx::mx::mx::mx::mx::mx::mx::mx::mx::mx::mx::mx::mx::mx::mx::mx::mx::mx:

FSC NOVEMBER 2020 MEXICO

Artist: Maria Daniela y su Sonido Lasser feat. Bostich & Fussible
Song title: Puerta Dimensional

3568f17f154d0699d3d9544f7007d941.jpg

María Daniela y su Sonido Lasser is a Mexican electronic group. It consists of the electronic guru Emilio Acevedo and the singer María Daniela Azpiazu.

In 2007, Emilio Acevedo, already working in other electronic projects such as Titán, started Sonido Lasser Drakar. Exploring the sounds of dance music, he asked a friend, Maria Daniela, to join the group just for fun. In 2003 they released a cover of Aerolíneas Federales "No me beses en los labios", then created the song "Super Vacaciones" (Super vacations) that was part of the soundtrack of the film "Coapa Heights" by Gibran Asuad.

The duo recorded the song "Miedo", which came from an electrocumbia sampler from Sonido Lasser Drakar, and soon started gaining success in the club scene, both in Mexico and worldwide. They began performing as a duo. They joined the "World Domination Tour" of Nuevos Ricos throughout Europe and United States, and in 2005, they released their first LP "María Daniela y su Sonido Lasser".

Bostich-Fusible-press-photo-2018-a-billboard-1548-768x433.jpg

Ramón Amor Amezcua Sánchez (born November 10, 1962), a.k.a. Bostich is an electronic music composer.

Amezcua is an important figure in electronic music, especially in Mexico, Tijuana, and along the Mexico–United States border regions, but also in the United States and internationally. He has written songs for The Nortec Collective, as well as Nortec Collective presents: Bostich+Fussible. He has earned several Grammy Nominations, the most recent in 2011 for Bulevard 2000 by Nortec Collective Presents Bostich+Fussible under the category of Best Latin Rock/Alternative Album.

Amezcua is considered the Godfather of Nortec by producers and fans alike since Bostich's early Nortec music clearly established the characteristics of his style: an interest in the electronic exploration, fragmentation, and reconstitution of tarola (snare drum) rhythmic patterns and tuba sounds and timbres, and their combinatorial possibilities. His song “Polaris“ marks the genesis of the Nortec style of music with its sequenced burpy tubas and machinegun drum sprays.

María Daniela y su Sonido Lasser like to define their music as Electro Pop for Dance Halls and they hope their sound will invigorate the current Mexican High Energy scene.

HERE IS OUR VIDEO FOR THIS MONTH´S CONTEST, ENJOY THE TUNE AND GOOD LUCK TO ALL THE ENTRIES!

kzmxgirl

:mx::mx::mx::mx::mx: MEXICO FSC JANUARY 2021 :mx::mx::mx::mx::mx:

Patricia Giovanna Cantú Velasco (born November 25, 1983), known professionally as Paty Cantú, is a Mexican singer, songwriter and actress, who rose to fame as one of the founding members of the successful Mexican pop duo Lu.

cantu.jpg
yAY4vEFrBQQ10Pp9BZY2ZIZ6so7Wz2ZSnNUHB7xprll_Dvjkp3hKAk2eJgEOgX8x64y_2ZLKx14n_y9H_M5N097Fuav1hWv8fLyh1GMQhOuDAAknDK16R3Ar4xhB8A1dVcNO2t5d

Paty Cantú became a member of the Mexican pop duo Lu alongside Mario Sandoval. The pair rose to fame with hits like Por Besarte, Una Confusión and La Vida Después de Ti and being certified gold and platinum for both records in Mexico and USA. Their self-titled debut album released in 2004, which was produced by Aureo Baqueiro, producer of artists like Natalia Lafourcade, Sin Bandera, Kabah, and Moenia, had success in Mexico and Brazil in which enjoyed success because they and their song "Por Besarte" were featured on Rebelde. Her song-writing skills were shown in the track "Sé" and writing songs for Lola and Alejandra Guzmán. After various reeditions from their first album, and a sophomore one called "Álbum", it was announced on August 27, 2007 that Mario and Paty parted ways due to artistic ideas, giving their last concert in October in Reynosa, Tamaulipas.

After the split, Paty started to write songs for her debut album, having 54 songs before selecting the final 10. In 2008, she was featured in Motel's hit "Dos Palabras" which was released on August 12 and appeared in the reedition from their second album 17 Bis. After that, Paty Cantú debuted as a solo artist on October 17 as an opening act for Mexican singer Aleks Syntek, making this her start as a successful solo singer. In November 2008, Paty Cantú released her first single "Déjame Ir" which reached Top 10 in the Mexican Radio Airplay proving an instant hit and the video was premiered in MTV on November 18. Her album Me Quedo Sola was released on January 27, 2009 under EMI composed of 10 songs, 9 written by her and 1 written by Billy Mendez from Motel. In only three days of sales, Me Quedo Sola debuted at #8 in "Lo Mas Vendido" in Mixup and after a week, the album reached #1. However, in the Mexico Main Top 100 Albums Chart reached #2, just under Vicente Fernández.

"No Fue Suficiente", her second single was released on February 21 and its video inspired by Tim Burton was produced by Esteban Madrazo and debuted in "Los 10+ Pedidos" of MTV. She started to write songs for Alejandro Fernández, Dulce María's debut album as well as upcoming greatest hits from Alejandra Guzmán.

In August 2009 it was announced that Paty Cantú would participate in the movie Tinker Bell and the Lost Treasure as part of the soundtrack with the song Historia Ancestral, which was to be released on September 4, 2009. She also announced in her MySpace that her debut album would have a reedition which include new tracks like Muñeca de Papel written by Billy from Motel, Casi Divas featuring Alfonso Pichardo, lead singer from Moenia and Mi Amor Destruye featuring Ballesteros.

Paty Cantú was nominated for Los Premios MTV Latinoamérica 2009 in two categories, one alongside her former mate Mario Sandoval and his group Sandoval. On September 29, Paty Cantú received two nominations for Premios Oye!, the Mexican Grammy Awards for Breakthrough of the Year alongside Alexander Acha, Beto Cuevas, Tush and Victor & Leo and Best Female Solo competing against Colombian Fanny Lú, Italian singer Laura Pausini and connationals María José and Natalia Lafourcade.

Paty Cantu's song "Afortunadamente no eres tu" became widely known throughout Mexico and within the United States Hispanic community. The song was used in a MasterCard commercial as well as Ninas Mal's soundtrack.

She is featured in the single "The World is Ours" used by Coca-Cola to promote the 2014 FIFA World Cup. The single is featured in the album One Love, One Rhythm.

In 2018, she released her fourth album, #333.

On April 16, 2020, she participated in a charity single for the people of Mexico, titled "Resistiré México".

GOOD LUCK TO ALL ENTRIES!

kzmxgirl

:mx::mx::mx: FSC FEBRUARY 2021 MEXICO :mx::mx::mx:

67882666_494505151314885_1380805507190620160_n-752x440.jpg

Aztlan is one of the newest death and trash metal bands on the Mexican music scene. It was formed in 2019. They are known for their originality on costumes, performances and for fusing modern and local folkloric tradition on their compositions.

Mainly the name of the band was thought to represent the history of Mexico and the cultures that inhabited here. Aztlan in his songs explores human feelings, such as love, hate, pain, anger, as well as aspects of daily life, social status, traditions, etc.

ENJOY THE SONG AND GOOD LUCK TO ALL ENTRIES!

xhugxcheerxcheerxcheerxcheerxcheerxcheerxcheerxcheerxcheerxhugxhugxhug

kzmxgirl

FSC MARCH 2021 MEXICO (4TH PLACE FSC)

Flag_of_Mexico.svg

danna-paola-2020-1.jpg

Danna Paola Rivera Munguía

(born 23 June 1995) is a Mexican actress, singer and model. She gained popularity as a child actress and singer, starring in dozens of television projects throughout her early childhood and adolescence.

999–2003: Early career​

Danna Paola's acting career began in 1999 when at age 4 she and her sister attended Televisa's casting call in Mexico City for Plaza Sésamo, the Mexican version of Sesame Street. Both were later cast on the show and appeared in several episodes. One year later at age 5, she was cast in the telenovela, Rayito de Luz, in 2000. In 2001, she received her first lead role in the children's telenovela, María Belén. The same year, she released her debut album, titled Mi Globo Azul.

2004–2012: Breakout success​

In 2004, she was chosen as the lead in the successful children's series, Amy, la niña de la mochila azul. Her second studio album, Océano, soon followed. A year later, she was the female lead of Pablo y Andrea, the television adaptation of the classic novel, The Adventures of Tom Sawyer. Over the next several years, she earned parts in multiple television series produced by Televisa.

In 2009, she was cast as "Patito" in Atrévete a Soñar, the Mexican remake of the popular Argentine children's telenovela, Patito Feo. Danna Paola filmed two seasons of the show and production was concluded in late 2009. Atrévete a Soñar marked Paola's transition from children's to teen telenovelas. Paola and the cast of the telenovela recorded two soundtracks and toured across Mexico, in order to promote the show. The telenovela and its soundtrack were commercially successful throughout Mexico and Latin America. The soundtrack was certified double platinum in Mexico.

In late 2010, she voiced "Rapunzel" for the Latin American Spanish-language dubbing of the Disney film"Tangled" and participated in the film's Spanish-language soundtrack.

2013–2015: Wicked and other projects​

In May 2013, Danna Paola auditioned for the first Spanish-language production of the successful Broadway musical, Wicked, in Mexico City. She auditioned for both Glinda and Elphaba, performing Popular and Defying Gravity. Later that same month, the final cast for the Mexican production was announced, with Paola cast as "Elphaba". The production opened in Mexico City at Teatro Telcel on 17 October 2013, and closed on 18 January 2015. Critics in Mexico, as well as the play's original composer, Stephen Schwartz, praised her performance. In addition to being well received by critics, the play was also a commercial success in Mexico City. During its first 10 weeks, "Wicked" sold over 100,000 tickets and had more than 100 performances; it broke a box office record making it one of the most successful theatre productions in Mexico's history. At the age of 18, Danna Paola was the youngest person to play the role of "Elphaba" in a professional theatre production.

In January 2014, Danna Paola was cast in the movie, Saving Sara Cruz, a modern-day remake of the 1992 film, The Bodyguard. Production on the film never commenced and the project was later shelved.The film was to be Danna Paola's English-language debut.

In March 2014, Danna, debuted as fashion designer collaborating with the popular Mexican clothing brand, "Sexy Jeans". Her line, "Danna Paola, by SexyJns", was commercially successful with products selling out across Mexico.

In August 2014, Danna participated in the ABBA tribute album, "Dancing Queens", recording a cover of "Take A Chance On Me". "Take A Chance On Me" was released as single on 2 September 2014 and debuted at number 1 on iTunes México.

On 29 October 2014, she performed "No hay bien", the Spanish-language version of "No Good Deed", to a sold-out crowd at the Auditorio Nacional for the Lunas del Auditorio award show. That night, Wicked received an award in the "Broadway Show" category.

Danna Paola appeared in over 300 performances of Wicked from 2013 to early 2015. Following the conclusion of "Wicked", she was invited by producer Alex Gou, to join the cast of the musical, Hoy No Me Puedo Levantar, where she played the lead role of "Maria" and went on tour throughout Mexico. In July 2015, she signed a contract with the U.S. based Spanish-language network, Telemundo, marking her return to telenovelas after a nearly five-year absence.

In August 2015, she recorded the duet, "Mientras Me Enamoras" with Mexican singer, Lalo Brito. A music video was also filmed, and it premiered on Brito's YouTube channel in September 2015. During the summer of 2015, Paola moved to Miami to film the telenovela drama, ¿Quién es quién?. The project is her first telenovela role outside of Televisa. Filming for the program concluded in September 2015. ¿Quién es quién? began airing weeknights in the U.S. on Telemundo on 9 February 2016.

2016–present​

In early 2016, Paola filmed in the Mexican movie, ¡Como va! Lo más sencillo es complicarlo todo (later renamed Lo Más Sencillo Es Complicarlo Todo), on location in Mexico City, Puerto Vallarta, and Querétaro. The movie was released in Mexican cinemas on 26 January 2018. In mid-April 2016, she was confirmed as a cast member in the telenovela drama, La Doña, produced by Telemundo. The telenovela filmed in Mexico with Aracely Arámbula and David Chocarro and premiered in November 2016. The finale aired on Telemundo in the U.S. on 1 May 2017.

In 2017, Paola was cast in the Telemundo bio-series, José José: El príncipe de la canción, based on the life of Mexican singer José José. Paola played famed Mexican singer-songwriter, Lucero and appears in 4 episodes of the show. The miniseries premiered on Telemundo on 15 January 2018. In late January 2018, Paola was scheduled to begin filming a role in the bio series based on the life of Mexican actress, Silva Pinal. She later dropped out before filming began and instead revealed that she was cast in the Netflix original Spanish teen thriller television series, Élite. Production for the television show forced Paola to move to Madrid for six months starting in January 2018. She was cast in the program following a long audition process in 2017. The show has 8 episodes shot in 4K and it premiered globally on Netflix in October 2018. In 2019, Paola was cast as a judge on the singing-competition series La Academia for TV Azteca.

Danna Paola is hitting another career high with the single “Calla Tú” ( “Shut Up, You.”) currently topping Spotify, YouTube and Apple Music charts worldwide. Enjoy the song and good luck to all entries!

Last edited:

kzmxgirl

FSC APRIL 2021 MEXICO

ica1_mexican_flag_colors_101645_mobi.jpg

img_0029.jpg

ZOE- KARMADAME

For two decades, Zoé has carried a piece of Mexico's modern rock sound across many parts of the world. Their psychedelic, rock en Español, pop, synth sounds have captured fans in areas of the U.S., Latin America, and European countries like Spain.

Listening to Zoé is like going through a galactic trip into romantic relationships and self-reflection; the journey entering light and dark moods—just listen to "Love(opens in a new tab)" and "Dead(opens in a new tab)." And it works. The band has maintained and grown a strong fanbase, with over a billion visits on VEVO and two million streams per month worldwide on Spotify.

Formed in Mexico City in 1997, Zoé boasts some of the best modern songwriting in the Spanish language and a solid marriage of sounds. Even when they opt to go acoustic, they leave what is at the heart of their music: poetic verses, an innovative blend of instruments, and frontman Leon Larregui's deep, enchanting voice.

Over the course of their career, which include six studio albums and collabs with Enrique Bunbury from Spanish iconic rock band Héroes del Silencio, the Mexico City band has garnered GRAMMY nominations and Latin GRAMMY wins, but it is their latest album, Aztlán, produced by Craig Silvey & Phill Vinall, which has won them a GRAMMY for Best Latin Rock Album (their last nomination was in the same category for 2006's Memo Rex Commander Y El Corazón Atómico De La Vía Láctea).

OFFICIAL VIDEO, GOOD LUCK TO ALL ENTRIES!

LYRICS

Tienes que dejar que todo caiga en su lugar
Tienes que soltar eso que más temes perder
Tienes que llorar si eso te ayuda a sanar

Deja de esperar que el tiempo no va a regresar
Todo cambiará, no te resistas a crecer
Ríndete al amor y solo déjate llevar

Fui tu rey
Fui tu esclavo
Fui tu santo
Fui tu diablo
Fui tu mujer
Fui tu hermano
Fui tu árbol

Vaya oscuridad la que pretendes ignorar
Nada cambiará si haces solo siempre lo mismo
Sal de tu confort y empieza todo otra vez

Fui tu rey
Fui tu esclavo
Fui tu santo
Fui tu diablo
Fui tu mujer
Fui tu hermano
Fui tu árbol

Fui tu mujer
Fui tu hermano (fuiste el aire que respiras)
Fui tu piel (fuiste mi sol)
Fui tu barco (fuiste mi amor, fuiste mi piel)
Fui tu sangre (fuiste mi reina)
Fui tu espacio (fuiste mi santa, fuiste mi espalda)
Fui tus lágrimas (fuiste mi todo, fuiste mi Dios)
Fui tu hombro (fuiste el aire que respiras)
Fui tu lago

kzmxgirl

FSC MAY 2021

Flag_of_Mexico_1917.png

Broz Rodriguez & Brosste Moor - Todo Viene Y Va

maxresdefault.jpg

LYRICS

Me desperté
Con ganas de darme un respiro y tal vez
Pasarla bien
Y no preocuparme por cosas de ayer
Es tiempo de dejar atrás
Los momentos pasados Q
ue no puedo remediar
Voy en busca de la paz
Sentirme renovado
Al fin y al cabo
Todo viene y va

Todo viene y va
Todo viene y va
Ya no me importa lo que dirán
Por cómo me visto por cómo bailo
Sólo me importa lo que es vital
Vivir y gozar sin analizarlo
No tengo nada que demostrar
Lo material se nos va volando
Sólo quiero mi felicidad
Lo demás, sale sobrando
Es tiempo de dejar atrás
Los momentos pasados
Que no puedo remediar
Voy en busca de la paz
Sentirme renovado
Al fin y al cabo
Todo viene y va

Todo viene y va
Todo viene y va
Va y viene y luego va
Va y viene y luego va
Va y viene y luego va va
Todo viene y va
Va y viene y luego va
Va y viene y luego va
Va y viene y luego va
Todo viene y va

heke1988

Could you add English lyrics of this song?

Top Bottom