Contact us

FSC Mexico

Which music genres would you like to see competing on next FSC editions for Mexico?

• hard rock

9 17.0%
  • alternative rock

23 43.4%
  • pop

24 45.3%
  • electronic music

17 32.1%
  • rap

2 3.8%
  • ranchera

6 11.3%
  • banda

7 13.2%
  • ballads in general

18 34.0%
  • reggaeton

10 18.9%

• Total voters

kzmxgirl

FSC SEPTEMBER 2023 MEXICO
https://flic.kr/p/MQV7 JASS REYES - REPETICION
https://flic.kr/p/zC429R
Jass Reyes is a singer and songwriter from Ciudad Juarez, Mexico. In 2007, she began her musical career as the lead singer of the band "Elefante Negro." Following this musical project, she joined the group "Reyes del Camino" in 2010, where she remained until 2014. In 2016, Jass Reyes decided to pursue a solo career and released her first studio album, "Jass," which included the single "Esta Noche." Since then, she has worked with well-known artists like as Yahir, Kumbia Kings, Ana Victoria, and La Sonora Santanera, among others. Jass Reyes appeared in "La Voz México" in 2019 as a member of Yahir's team, reaching the semifinals. Currently, she is promoting her most recent single, "En repetición." Jass Reyes' life has been shaped by her love of music and her efforts to establish herself as an independent artist in Mexico's musical scene.

Enjoy the song

kzmxgirl

FSC MEXICO FEBRUARY 2024

https://flic.kr/p/2e7jJi

Jayrick, Ervin River - Te Está Olvidando

Erick Gutierrez Cervantes, better known as Jayrick, is a music producer and beatmaker specializing in genres such as Boom Bap, Hip-Hop, and Trap.

The young producer, before entering the world of rap, was a recognized talent within the Mexican electronic music industry, with releases on high-caliber national and international labels he established himself as one of the great promises.

Some time later Gera MX discovered his great talent and joined him in the “Rich Vagos” team where he has developed in a very interesting way, becoming one of the best beatmakers in the music industry today.

Irving Rios, better known as Ervin River in the music scene, is a talented man from Juarez who little by little has been achieving his dreams thanks to his ambition and his desire to make music. He is a composer and producer who began independently almost 10 years ago with the rap genre, at first it began as a hobby in collaboration with the local production company Namuju, with which he gained popularity over the years, today his work has led him to currently signed with companies such as Universal Music Publishing Mexico, Virgin Mexico and to collaborate with artists such as Camilo VII, Gera MX, and Rich Vagos.
For his project, a new album is on the way, "Cosas Maravillosas" is inspired by the learnings and the trajectory that he has been acquiring as an artist, counting on it being his contribution to the Mexican scene.

Without a doubt, Irving is a man from Juarez who shows that dreams are worked for and that nothing is unattainable.

Enjoy the song!​

kzmxgirl

FSC MARCH 2024 - MEXICO

https://flic.kr/p/MQV7

Yuridia - Sin Llorar​

https://flic.kr/p/bo93Cw

Yuridia Francisca Gaxiola Flores (born 4 October 1986), known just as Yuridia is a Mexican singer. She came in second place in the fourth season of the reality show La Academia, which launched her career. She is considered one of the most successful Mexican artists in the 21st century.

In 2005, Yuridia released her debut album La Voz de un Ángel. It became the second best-selling album in 2006 and one of the fastest-selling albums of all time in Mexico. It has been certified Diamond since its release. Her second album, Habla El Corazón was certified Platinum in Mexico after a few weeks of release. Entre Mariposas, Yuridia's third album with original songs, was released in late 2007. It was certified gold selling more than 50,000 copies within the first week of being released, peaking at the number one position in the top-selling charts.

On December 5, 2006, Sony BMG released Yuridia's second album, Habla El Corazón, as well as the first single "Como Yo Nadie Te Ha Amado", a cover of the Spanish version of Bon Jovi's "This Ain't a Love Song". The second and last single was Yuridia's cover for Roxette's Listen to Your Heart Spanish cover, Habla El Corazon. The album includes Spanish covers of well-known songs from artists such as Bonnie Tyler, and The Police. The album sold 660,000 copies worldwide, and was certified 3× Platinum + Gold.

To this date, both the album and the single are Yuridia's most successful in the United States. The album debuted at 15 and peaked at #14, while the single peaked on Billboard's Hot Latin Tracks chart at 16. Her second single has managed to do what her previous second single did not, enter the HLT chart and has peaked at number 44.

Yuridia's third solo album, Entre Mariposas, was released on November 15, 2007, in Mexico. The first single from the album was "Ahora Entendí", written by her and Camila's Mario Domm. The following single is Yo Por El. It peaked at #1 in Mexico and in Central America. The third and last single is En Su Lugar, it debuted at #16, finally topping the #4 spot. The album, produced by Javier Calderón, quickly garnered major sales and has already been certified Gold for selling 50,000 copies within the first day of its release. It has also been certified 4× Platinum + Gold for a total of 650,000 copies worldwide.

She has been nominated for awards such as, Latin Grammy, Premios Juventud Latin Billboard OYE awards and Lo Nuestro music awards.

On April 26, 2007, Yuridia won a Latin Billboard Award for Best Pop Female Album.

In early May 2007, Yuridia also received four nominations for the Premios Juventud. She was nominated for Best Artist, Best Album, Catchiest Song and Most Heart-Breaking Song.

By the end of 2008, Yuridia won a Premios Oye award as the best Female Artist of the year.

In 2009 she also had three nominations for (Lo nuestro Music awards) "Best Artist", "Best Album" (Entre Mariposas), and "Catchiest Song"(Ahora entendi).

On September 30, 2009, she released her fourth studio album, Nada es Color de Rosa. This album has sold 120,000 copies.

In 2016, through a statement, announced her entry to Televisa, after belonging to TV Azteca for 9 years, having participated in the singing reality La Academia.

On April 27, 2022, it was announced they Yuridia would return to TV Azteca, but this time as a coach of La Voz... México alongside Ha*Ash, David Bisbal and Joss Favela. A contestant on her team, Fátima Elizondo won the competition on August 29, 2022, making Yuridia the winning coach.

This month's entry presents a beautiful ballad that combines the style of retro ballads from the 80's and a fusion of traditional music in the form of mariachi. Enjoy the song!

LYRICS (English translation):

Wе аrе аlrеаdу adultѕ
Аnd anу іnѕult that іѕ made
І wіll nоt tоlerate

Withоut сrуing
Аnd without so much drama
Ѕo that the soul heals

It is best to finish

Аnother сhance no longer makes sense
І have never been a fan of the second part, too boring
Evеrything we gave was done to the point of the impossible
То eаch their оwn pаth, I’m leаving your life
I’m free now

Тo fly freely from now on
And I’m going to open my wings to whoever I likе thе most
I wіll gіvе everythіng without measure I want to enјoy my life
Now that you are no longer here
Frоm now on, love no longer intereѕtѕ me
I’m going to eat the world and I’ll run wild
And if I fall completely in love with someone, what can happen?
Тhat after being with you I don’t think things will go any worse

To fly freely frоm nоw оn
And I’m going to open my wings to whoever I like the most
I will gіve everythіng wіthout measurе I want to еnјoy mу lifе
Now that you are no longer here
From now on, love nо lоnger interests me
I’m gоing to eаt the world аnd I’ll run wild
And if I fall completely in love with someone, what can happen?
That aftеr bеing with you І don’t think things will go any worsе

kzmxgirl

FSC APRIL 2024

MEXICO

https://flic.kr/p/2e7jJi

Nórdika is:
Alejandro Marin (Alex Nórdika): Producer, Vocalist, Lyricist Programmer.

Nórdika is a synthpop band formed in Mexico, in 2008 influenced by the tendency of new wave, synthpop, futurepop. Nórdika born as a fresh proposal on the international scene, with and 3 Albums and 18 EP / Singles. Nórdika already shared the stage with internationally renowned bands like Solitary Experiments, Covenant, Fadehead among others. Nórdika has collaborated in several official releases among which big bands of the genre, such as: Felix Marc (Frozen Plasma / Diorama), Alex Braun (!Distain) Spektralized, Les Anges the Nuit, Vanguard, Ruined Conflict, Want / ED, ien Oblique, Syrian, Carved Souls, Vanguard, Moenia, Synthetixxx, Star Crussaders, Pegasus Asteroid, Distorted World, Twisted Destiny, Mondtraume, etc.

The first EP (Veneno Preview – 2008) was mixed by Tom Shear (Assemblage 23), of which the most famous track from the band “Tus Labios” and the more recent album (Neurotransmisor) was mastered in Russia by Alex Rush, in collaboration with Section 44 in the USA, Synthematik in Russia and Aquo Rec Records in Mexico, with a great international acceptance, with several favorable reviews in several European regions specialized media.

In 2014 Nórdika launches single “Illumination” stellar collaboration with Felix Marc (Frozen Plasma/Diorama) receiving excellent support and dissemination through all digital media stores and digital media.

In 2014 Nórdika release EP “Illumination Remixed” with the collaboration of ien Oblique, Twisted Destiny, Spektralized, Want/ED. This help to Nórdika first appears in the prestigious German GEWC chart for four consecutive weeks, reaching number instead 8 with the track illumination feat. Felix Marc (ien Oblique Remix)

In February 2015 Nórdika launches “Delirious Passion (Satisfy Me) feat. Alex Braun” second single from the album 2015 Nórdika “Blaues Blut” including important collaborations Ruined Conflict, Vanguard, Oren Amram, Benjamin's Plague.

For this month, Nórdika decided to represent Mexico with the song called Angels in the Dark, one of the most fast-paced songs of their newest album. The song is a journey through natural landscapes and what lures in the shadows perfect for listening while on the road and also makes wonders for dancing to the beat.

Best of luck to all entries and enjoy our song!

Top Bottom