Contact us

FSC Chat Box

theditz83

Veteran
I tend to be like @94ayd - I make an initial listen through with the videos, sometimes watching them, sometimes doing other things while they play in the background, but after the initial listen, I will tend to have a fairly clear idea of my favourites.

A good thing however about the process that I follow with my fellow juror is that we need to ranking every single country from favourite to least favourite so that we can get a true complete combined ranking. For this reason, I need to give all songs at least two and sometimes three listens to work out how certain placings will be worked out in my personal ranking. I try to space my listens out throughout the month as well, but I tend to find that songs that are my most liked after the first listen tend to stay at the top of my ranking with not much movement throughout the month (Eurovision is all about the song's impact on the night, and I personally think the song contests here are to be judged in that way as well) ;)

A-lister

Veteran
I tend to be like @94ayd - I make an initial listen through with the videos, sometimes watching them, sometimes doing other things while they play in the background, but after the initial listen, I will tend to have a fairly clear idea of my favourites.

A good thing however about the process that I follow with my fellow juror is that we need to ranking every single country from favourite to least favourite so that we can get a true complete combined ranking. For this reason, I need to give all songs at least two and sometimes three listens to work out how certain placings will be worked out in my personal ranking. I try to space my listens out throughout the month as well, but I tend to find that songs that are my most liked after the first listen tend to stay at the top of my ranking with not much movement throughout the month (Eurovision is all about the song's impact on the night, and I personally think the song contests here are to be judged in that way as well) ;)

I find the "first-time impact" approach in reference to Eurovision quite interesting, especially in the digitalized age we're in. Certainly the most casual Eurovision viewer still view Eurovision that way, but I think more and more (and not just the most hardcore fans) expose themselves to at least some of the songs before the actual contest more than once.

But yeah in general we have a similar approach, I usually give most songs at least a couple of listens throughout the month, but all songs that has potential to grow on me, I tend to listen to throughout the months. Quite often I have an idea of what songs will eventually end up in my top. 10 quite early on, and some months I have instant favorites, but I like to digest music especially if I am going to later on vote for it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom