Contact us

FSC #141: November 2020: THE SHOW! [Kristiansand, Norway] | RESULTS from page 3

Datura

Congratulations to Bulgaria!

As for Lithuania, legitimately shocked right now, but very happy. The result for this :lt: song has really outperformed my expectations. Really glad there were quite a lot of you that resonated so strongly with this melancholic :lt: entry to rank it in your top10. Thank you so much to :ee: (!) :za: :at: :hr: :pl: :nl: :pt: !
u thought the lithuanian entry would do worse?? xshock i think it should have done a lot better!

aardvark

FSC Mod
Staff member
FIrstly, congratulations to :bg: on a stunning second victory after waiting 135 editions. Very well deserved and with a great entry! xcheers

This was really a great FSC edition, and I want to also congratulate all 10 countries that got points from me, you really had very good entries! :love:

As for my own result, I'm very happy, as it is better than expected; I expected about 15-20th position. A bit sad dropping out of the top 10 after being in the top 4 with 2/3rds of the votes revealed, but oh well, so it goes. I'm very pleased to have gotten three :12:s and two :8:s in such a strong month, I am really surprised that you guys liked my entry so much. (Interestingly, the only country who got more :12:s this month was Bulgaria, with four). Hopefully we will see Brendan Peyper again in the future, as we'll definitely need another look at his perfect physique. xheat

Thanks again to everybody who enjoyed and supported :za: in this edition:
:12: :ch::ba::dk: xlovexcheerxhug
:8: :it::ru: xheartxheat
:7: :lt: :love:
:5: :be: xcheers
:4: :no: xheya
:3: :pl: xclap
:2: :at::uk: xup
:1: :nl:xyes

Last edited:

Datura

Ok, I take this as a nod at me :lol:, the "complaining" (at least from my side) is more for fun, it should be taken with a grain of salt and not too serious, it's rare that I have the possibility to even join the live shows at all so I just want to keep the heat up, like in a football game or something ;)... which I thought was obvious by now? xshrug

Yea i know, we have this grain of salt thing in almost every Edition 😎😅 i think you tend to make a lot of fuzz about the swedish entry but hey at least theres some Action here 😅 but dont get me wrong i guess it's really mostly jealously coming from me as id love my entries to do aswell as yours do. 🥰

Zorjan

FSC Mod
Staff member
Maybe not much of "comfort", but I enjoyed your entry this month and applaud you for trying something different and in Danish, the competition this month was pretty heavy though but your entry was one of the entries that were in my shortlist and would have probably gotten some point/s in a "weaker" edition (not that the song was weak, but you get my point ;)), it totally deserved a better outcome for sure!

Thank you! I expected top 30 to be out of my reach even back when I submitted the song.. 2020 has been a terrible year in Danish music so it has been pretty hard to actually find songs I like :eek:

When I send songs in Danish, they always end up pretty low on the scoreboard, usually among the bottom 10 :confused: But I'll hopefully do better next month :D I ended up in top 10 with a song in Faroese a few years ago though

I'm very happy with your result ! Congratulations!
"Komplicerad" has been added to my FSC-playlist right after "Du Med Dig" and "Måste Jag Dö" :D

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
Many Congratulations to :bg: Bulgaria with your 2nd FSC-victory, it was well due!
tqcd9Op.gif
It was also my favourite entry this month :cool:

My absolute favourites this month were: :bg::my::ca: (great choices all!) but well done to all countries that ended in my top 10, you all sent enjoyable songs!
tqcd9Op.gif

The countries that ended just outside my top 10 - & my points - this FSC-month, were (in no particular order): :ru::ch::ro: Nice entries these too
tqcd9Op.gif

Thank You to everyone for the votes/points (special thanx for the 12 and 10 points!) - and a good 10th place this month - for Norway in FSC #141 November. Instrumental music is not everyone’s cup of tea, but I am glad to see several of you enjoyed this beautiful, truly epic cinematic instrumental song by the multi-talented Norwegian Cinematic Music Composer Thomas Bergersen.

This song is special to me and is actually my favourite Norwegian entry of 2020 (regardless of results) and my 2nd favourite FSC-entry of 2020 taking all songs from all countries into account, it is a little piece of magic, I think that I will treasure for a long time to come :)

Here are the Norwegian Jury-votes for FSC #141 November

aRF5NXi.jpg

Look forward to presenting more Norwegian music for you in FSC #142 December 2020!
tqcd9Op.gif

Regards,
Malagant​

A-lister

Veteran
Yea i know, we have this grain of salt thing in almost every Edition 😎😅 i think you tend to make a lot of fuzz about the swedish entry but hey at least theres some Action here 😅 but dont get me wrong i guess it's really mostly jealously coming from me as id love my entries to do aswell as yours do. 🥰

Most of the editions I can't even join the live shows for various reasons :cry: , so I'm just excited when I can :D , and yeah like for most in here, It's exciting when things are going well for our entries and "less" when it's not going so well haha, I mean the winning (or good placing) is just a bonus in all of this but the song you end up picking for your country in the end has some meaning to you (if that makes sense?) and especially I've been waiting for an entry in Swedish language to do good since it's even more special in a sense and based on previous attempts, I just didn't have high expectations. It's true, many of the Swedish entries in English has been doing good (especially this year) and that's super cool, but for songs in our native language it's often a different story unfortunately...and often I like those entries more than the English language ones, so it puzzles me at times :ROFLMAO:

But really it's mostly for fun, to be able to share music from your own country and music you like and exploring new music from around the globe is what keeps at least me in this contest after all these years... it's just a great concept :love: To get things going in the live show, or some discussions afterwards, I really hope people don't take it the wrong way because it's not my purpose at all ;)

Last edited:

A-lister

Veteran
Thank you! I expected top 30 to be out of my reach even back when I submitted the song.. 2020 has been a terrible year in Danish music so it has been pretty hard to actually find songs I like :eek:

When I send songs in Danish, they always end up pretty low on the scoreboard, usually among the bottom 10 :confused: But I'll hopefully do better next month :D I ended up in top 10 with a song in Faroese a few years ago though

I'm very happy with your result ! Congratulations!
"Komplicerad" has been added to my FSC-playlist right after "Du Med Dig" and "Måste Jag Dö" :D

I can't say I follow the Danish music scene that much and most of the Danish stuff (even in English) don't cross-over even to here, but it's a pity you have a problem finding stuff you like there!

It's rare that we get to hear the Danish language in the contest, so it's cool when you try it out, representing the Scandinavian lingua! :) I face a sort of similar issue with the Swedish language entries, with some exceptions of course like this month, but don't let the results bring you down, keep representing! (y)

Thank you for the support xrose

Zorjan

FSC Mod
Staff member
I can't say I follow the Danish music scene that much and most of the Danish stuff (even in English) don't cross-over even to here, but it's a pity you have a problem finding stuff you like there!

It's rare that we get to hear the Danish language in the contest, so it's cool when you try it out, representing the Scandinavian lingua! :) I face a sort of similar issue with the Swedish language entries, with some exceptions of course like this month, but don't let the results bring you down, keep representing! (y)

It was quite alright a few years ago, and I'm sure it'll be fine soon again ;)
I like representing different parts of our kingdom so I've sent songs in Faroese, Greenlandic and whatever weird tongue they speak in South Jutland :LOL: Problem is that most songs I like from Denmark are in fact in English

A-lister

Veteran
It was quite alright a few years ago, and I'm sure it'll be fine soon again ;)
I like representing different parts of our kingdom so I've sent songs in Faroese, Greenlandic and whatever weird tongue they speak in South Jutland :LOL: Problem is that most songs I like from Denmark are in fact in English

Yeah, music tends to go in waves really... it's cool you try out different stuff though!

Well, you like what you like right? As much as representing the country is important, you also represent your own taste so it's a combo and if you don't like whatever Danish language stuff you can pick from that would be eligible you shouldn't force yourself to send it "just because" ;)

Last edited:

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
me being the final voter xheat

good to see the unfair wv flop being avenged here!!!!!!!!!!!

edit: omg i also pushed croatia to the top 3 xheat damn you kopa for sending this at the same month vselena was sent xcry i really wanted to 12 it

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
Just finished seeing the votes and well a top 20 I will take it! Haven't been there for agessss. Thank you for a decent amount of :10: and :8:!

The winner really xheat I don't remember if it's my first 12 who won but it's possibly my favorite winning song ever since I joined - or at least my favorite of the year!

94ayd

I had a funny feeling the curse might be broken after everyone had :bg: in their tops and also winner predictions. Thanks to the following juries for their points that brought my first solo win for :bg: ever (second overall):

:ee: & :il: for :1:
:my: for :2:
:hu: & :ru: for :3:
:ma: for :4:
:cy:, :mx:, :tr: & :ua: for :5:
:za: for :6: :)
:dk: for :7: :D
:de: & :lv: for :10: :eek:
:br:, :no:, :se: & :uk: for :12: xheart

As for the host city, I can tell you I'm taking you to my boyfriend's hometown, also that of a person most of you on this forum know. ;)

PS Thanks for the present, I had my birthday two weeks ago and my name day's just around the corner. :mrgreen:

PPS @A-lister, :se: was my 11th.

PPPS I had no idea of its fate in WV. :lol:

Last edited:

chontono

Hey, :bg: won xheat I'm very glad for @94ayd, I'm not a fan of the song and we knew it from another contest, but still nice winner and it is always great victory gets divided between different countries xrose
Thanks for the few points to :es:, a very risky entry of my personal taste. Once more it is proved this is not the right atmosphere to try to introduce new styles or more intimist songs, we should go for safer songs or acknowledged artists but...
Special thanks to :pt: for incredible 12 xbow xbow xbow and then to :bg:, :ro: and :ie: xheart
BUT this was the best and most varied edition in years, so congratulations to all for sharing xhug

FKBzvc.png

JSSArcos

Great show as always, personally I love using this application xlove

Congratulations to :bg:, I'm not a fan of music, but I'm glad @94ayd win xheatxcheers

Another result in the top 10, so very satisfied, I expected a result in the top 5 I confess, but I never thought I would win

thank you very much to everyone who voted for :pt: xbowxhug

sorry for:
11-Lativa
12-Azerbeijan
13-Germany
14-USA
15-South Africa
16-Mexico
17-Austria
18-Serbia

:ua: and :hu: deserve much more !!! very happy to see :ro: and :ba: in the top 10, I honestly thought Bosnia could be a surprise winner

we see in beautiful Bulgaria :love:

Kairit

Whoo, congrats :bg: !!

And thanks for the votes to :ee: :love:

:12: :it: xfaint
:8: :tr: :ba:
:6: :no: :bg:
:4: :hu:
:3: :se: :rs:
:2: :cy:
:1: :uk:

xheartxheart

went for a really well-made pop track i personally really dig this month, nice to see some countries enjoyed it that i haven't gotten a lot of points from so far heheh. will be back with sth a bit more indie next month tho :D

but :lt: !!! absolutely stunning song !!! one of my favourites to ever be in FSC and a track that will become a personal classic for me i think xcry

CypriotGirl

Veteran
I sent it to WorldVision when I had the :bg: jury, so you might be thinking of that ;)

Of course, and if I'm not mistaken, I didn't give you any points back then although I enjoyed it. If it was now, I would've given it points for sure, because it's a big grower, it gets better with every listening! I think I've seen it in contests of other forums as well, that's why I thought it has been in FSC already. :lol:

NicoRobin

Wow, I didn't thought that Stefanie Heinzmann flopped at this point. Very underrated (as a lot of our previous entries) and so very disappointed.

Hoping that the entry's Marite for our country will revenge us. Thanks to rare countries who voted for us, love to you.

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
We have a nice surprise for you, guys! We will have the 4th and final FSC Spin-Off of 2020 now in December. Submissions have opened, for more info and details please check out the FSC Spin-Off Forum - we hope several of you will join us! xcheer

Top Bottom