Contact us

FSC #131 -January 2020: The Show! [Bucharest, Romania] | RESULTS from page 3

JChan

FSC #131: Beautiful Bucharest

U0mBT4s.png

Hello and WELCOME to relaxing Romania and our host city of beautiful Bucharest! Bucharest is the primary entry point into Romania. Bucharest is a booming city with many large infrastructure projects changing the old face of the city. Known in the past as "The Little Paris," Bucharest has changed a lot lately, and today it has become a very interesting mix of old and new that has little to do with its initial reputation. Finding a 300 year old church, a steel-and-glass office building and Communist-era apartment blocks next to one another is a common sight. Bucharest offers some excellent attractions, and has, in recent years, cultivated a sophisticated, trendy, and modern sensibility that many have come to expect from a European capital. Bucharest has been undergoing major construction and modernization works in recent years, such as the Basarab Overpass and the National Arena. Bucharest has benefited from an economic boom along with the EU grants that have helped rebuild neglected parts of the city, such as the historic Lipscani area.

kFUSw9D.png

Romanian legend has it that the city of Bucharest was founded on the banks of the Dambovita River by a shepherd named Bucur, whose name literarily means "joy." His flute playing reportedly dazzled the people and his hearty wine from nearby vineyards endeared him to the local traders, who gave his name to the place. It is close to other Bucharest landmarks, including the Bucharest World Trade Center, City Gate Towers, and House of the Free Press.

Jk1Ihba.png

Romexpo, also known as Romexpo Dome or Romexpo Town, is a large exhibition center and indoor arena in Bucharest, Romania. It is primarily used for exhibitions, concerts, and sporting events. The complex also hosts more than 140 other exhibits and trade shows every year. It is spread throughout 11 pavilions.

Romexpo has hosted major music acts including Aeromsith, Alice Cooper, David Guetta, Enrique Iglesias, Iron Maiden and Linkin Park. It has also hosted many kickboxing events, tennis and handball. The Romexpo will also host FSC #131.

ApsGPNz.png

Elena Gheorghe is a Romanian singer. After an internal selection, Gheorghe was elected to represent Romania in the Eurovision Song Contest 2009 with the song "The Balkan Girls" written by Laurenţiu Duţă. She came second in the voting result, but as the jury voted for her, she won the National Final. At Eurovision, in Moscow she qualified for the Grand Final where she came the nineteenth after accumulating a total of 40 points (12 points from Moldova). After Eurovision she became more famous Europe-wide and released her signature song "Disco Romancing" which was a smash hit in Romania as well as a top-ten in Hungary and a mild success in Czech Republic, Netherlands, Poland and Slovakia. The following single "Midnight Sun" was a top-ten success in the Dutch Top 40 and in the Romanian Top 100. In 2011 she collaborated with Dony and released the single "Hot Girls" which once again charted throughout Europe. The same year she had her first European tour, getting to Germany, Spain and Greece.

Sebastian Stan was born on August 13, 1982, in Constanta, Romania. He moved with his mother to Vienna, Austria, when he was eight, and then to New York when he was twelve. Stan studied at Rutgers Mason Gross School of the Arts and spent a year at Shakespeare's Globe Theatre in London.
When he went back to New York he started working in some projects like Law & Order (1990), Tony 'n' Tina's Wedding (2004) and Red Doors (2005). Upon finishing college, he played Martin Waters in The Architect (2006), Chase Collins in The Covenant (2006) and worked in Eric Bogosian's theater play The Talk (2007). Also in 2007, Stan started playing Carter Baizen in Gossip Girl (2007). His following projects were Spread (2009), Kings (2009), Hot Tub Time Machine (2010), and Black Swan (2010). He landed also the role of Bucky Barnes in Captain America: The First Avenger (2011). In 2012, Stan worked in several projects: Gone (2012), Political Animals (2012), The Apparition (2012), Once Upon a Time (2011) and the mini series Labyrinth (2012). In 2013, he was in Broadway's Picnic and in 2014 he was introduced as The Winter Soldier in the Marvel universe in Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014). He has continued his role as Bucky Barnes/The Winter Soldier, Black Panther (2018) and Avengers: Infinity War (2018). Other notable projects include Ricki and the Flash (2015), The Martian (2015), The Bronze (2015) and Logan Lucky (2017). He was given high praise for his work in the recent I, Tonya (2017).

and now...Please welcome our acts!!

and now...Our first interval act!

and now...Our first interval act!

And now the 7-day evaluation period begins at which point a vote collector will be named.

A-lister

Veteran
Great show [MENTION=15333]JChan[/MENTION] xclap , I love me some flags xcheer

Actually been in Bucharest once ! Time flies though...

xymothe

Finally I'm back! First of all, sorry for the last month - it was kinda hard one for me (personal and also at work), and there was some technical problems, but I'm here now! The show is great, as always. :)

honzak11

Heeyyy I'm back too haha !! Massive thanks to @aardvark for his huge help during my login issues! xheartxheart And actually a big thanks to everyone who's been busy trying to resolve the problems. I think the forum looks pretty slick now ;)

Great show @JChan ! Can't wait to hear all the songs that this edition brings xhi

JSSArcos

Another great show, great work Jordan, I love the detail of the flag photos :love: xbow I have Bucharest in my plans for 2020, hope to be able to visit soon

This time :pt: brings something very traditional, I hope you enjoy

aardvark

FSC Mod
Staff member
BDVqAVe.jpg

The Evaluation Period has passed, and you may start to send your votes.

Votes can be sent by:
* Posting in your Private Forums: Some of you may not yet have access to your Private Forums, but Admin is busy working on it and it will be sorted out soon.
* Sending a PM to me by using Conversations: Please note that votes must not be revealed before the official results show, therefore please start a new conversation with me as the only recipient.

Take note that the Voting Deadline will be on:
Monday, 27 January 2020 at 23:59 CET.
No late votes will be accepted after the deadline has expired.

Confirmed votes to date:

Last edited:

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
:no: For January 2020 - the first edition of the New FSC Year - Norway goes for Nordic Dark Synth Pop-rock! xup Performer of “Wolves” is a New artist for Norway in FSC, the experimental rock-band from Oslo called Shining. For more information and promotion of the entry (including lyrics in English) please check out the FSC Norway-thread and/or the FSC Promotions-thread! Hope you’ll enjoy it!

Nice Show, @JChan - and Good luck to all entries this month!
tqcd9Op.gif

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
FYI: I have been informed by @Jukica that all private FSC access (to the FSC Private Member Forum and to separate FSC country sub-forums) now has been re-assigned so all should now be OK! If any of you still have problems with access, contact me, Malagant by PM asap. Thank you. Thanks also to Jukica for all the work sorting this (manually) in the new forum!

Top Bottom