1 0.5%

1 0.5%

8 4.1%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Deleted member 12761

The more I listen to it the more I love it. The production is so good! I don't know if it has winner chances but with the right staging this could go very high imo.

Ezio

Veteran
Oh well... Let's be honest... Most of us will give birth on 13th of May :ROFLMAO:
At least with @randajad and with @Ezio we'll get twins :LOL:
Yeah, we name them either Sugar and Spice, or Marcus and Martinus.

First, this song gives me 00's Riviera vibes. I can hardly say it is innovative so that's - 1.

But, it also doesn't have to be. It's cleverly produced with a variety of effects and she seems as a confident quality vocalist.

However, - 1 goes again for the lyrics. This story about staying true to yourself after searching for approval in all the wrong places, I'm tired of this. The sense of selfawareness and a need to protect our originality is overrated in today's society where everyone with IG page or YT channel thinks he's original.

I gave it a 8, deservedly.

I fear, though, it could do much worse than expected on the night of Grand Final. We are again being flodded, as in 2021, with great female power acts, and 2021 didn't end up good for any of them.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
The San Marino really jumped out with this one which of course means I don't mind it at all. The kitsch elements here are tastefully done (if that even makes sense cause tasteful and kitsch are two words that don't go together) but the problem is that Évidemment is missing something. That dramatic, slow opening isn't really warranted considering the highly competent but restrained piece of disco pop that then follows. You expect a bang and get a fizzle in return. There's elements here that are really well done but overall I'm far less fussed for this than I should be. It's giving early 10s Eurovision vibes but with much less spunk. It's a disjointed three minutes and not rewarding enough to get away with it unfortunately. There's nothing here I actively dislike and it's a cute listen, but it's just hard to get excited during these 3 minutes. One positive though is that the entry has great staging potential. The camera seems to love La Zarra so it should be simple to booster everything with a gorgeous performance.

I was going to give a 7 but after some repeated listens it feels like more of an ok :6: points. Still one of the better songs we've gotten so far this year.

midnightsun

Veteran
The song is a mess. If they kept it retro I‘d be fine with it but what is it supposed to be? A ballad in the beginning, then 70s funk, then Scandipop, then house. The outfit is a mess too so that fits.
The song is not particularly bad and I‘m getting hooked every now and then but I expected more tbh. For now, 6 points with some space to grow.

akoz

Song is good and catchy enough to keep listeners for all 3 minutes but also it lacks some really memorable moments. Still it's definitely in top of the songs we got this year and she looks like pretty confident performer - I think she'll elevate this song even more in Liverpool. :8: for now.

Song is good and catchy enough to keep listeners for all 3 minutes but also it lacks some really memorable moments. Still it's definitely in top of the songs we got this year and she looks like pretty confident performer - I think she'll elevate this song even more in Liverpool. :8: for now.

Yup, she bears the whole song on her back.

@midnightsun it's how the French produce their dance pop songs. Or at least how they used to it. May seem messy to somebody who's not into their music industry.

Mrm

Veteran
Well, Im not impressed, it started good, but then the disco sound and vibe appeared and I didnt like it in this combination that much.. I like the aestetics from the video, and it is solid overall, but didn’t convince me totally.. That high note sounds a bit problematic even in the studio version, and this needs to be really good live in order to end at the left side of the scoreboard..
I'll need to decide if it is :6: or :7: in the poll..

ayzelto

Increasing my 8 to 10 points.

This is, so far, the best song of the season (studio-wise). However, there's still something missing to make it phenomenal. No 12 points for me yet :(

I bims

Veteran
I'm a bit disappointed.
It's not bad and the production value ist great. But it really doesn't grab me. I JUST listened to it and I've already forgotten how it goes. And I find it easy to get distracted by other things while listening, it fades into the background.

It has potential to be better live, though. But the studio version is not really giving. :7: for now. Very middle of the road for me.

Flamenkax

In the swimming pool, always stayin' cool
I can totally understand why some people prefer "more dramatic and climatic" choruses (especially in the hardcore fanbase) but I think it´s a perfect crossover and like @Flamenkax said, it´s a song which is perfectly balanced: Yoú´ve got the impressive intro, the massive built-up, the divine middle-8 part and a very surprising and melodic chorus (with a pulsing beat).

This.

Plus, if you notice, all three choruses don't look the same, they are slightly different each time. it makes the song imo startling enough to keep people paying attention throughout. It's quite clever if you ask me.

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
The whole package is solid, as expected, but like most of the reactions, I think the chorus is a little underwhelming. I longed for a bigger drop and a more extreme take on the instrumental in this part. For now it's a 6/7 for me.

They really stepped up their game regarding presentation, when you compare it to the Eiffel Tower vid we got three years ago this one is truly amazing.
I think the song will benefit from a live version. La Zarra has a true stage presence and is a great vocalist, nothing should go wrong.

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Not the absolute wig snatchery that I was expecting, but La Zarra's stage presence creates an overall feeling of epicness that the song by itself doesn't quite manages to create. Nonetheless, a great entry compared to what we have so far.

:8: :coffee:

Remembrance

A positive grower for me.
It's very French, and the mix of 'chanson', orchestral strings and 70's disco-dance is somewhat infectious.
I do wish it would be more impactful (in the chorus) but I suppose the live performance might improve it.

Good luck, France.

Ali_

I'm not particularly keen on the disco "drop" but then also I prob would have been disappointed by a full chanson. I'm totally here for a chanson mix but this just misses the mark for me. Hopefully I'll be more positive when it's performed live as she seems like she'll be a great performer.

Ezio

Veteran
Actually, that's the magic of this song. A very delicious hors d'oeuvre.This song leaves you satisfied and at the same time when it's done, you could go on with something bigger. I find this feeling very pleasurable tbh. Sometimes the crescendo is better than the climax. This song leads you to the climax, but it doesn't get you there.

Contrariwise, Voilà was ferociously climaxing all the time, and it was rather exhausting, or other grande diva ballads, such as from Albania 2017.

Top Bottom