1 0.5%

1 0.5%

8 4.1%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Bobjan FR

A first wish from French Fans, Foé : who released an album last Friday.

harey

Unfortunately I don't think she is interested because she already has a good career but I really like Olivia Merilahti (The dø, Prudence) :

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Unfortunately I don't think she is interested because she already has a good career but I really like Olivia Merilahti (The dø, Prudence) :

I would actually like to see a mid-tempo pop song with female vocals and electronic elements. Something that would totally fit in both ESC and our musical scene. This way we would be true to ourselves without being a walking stereotype.

Flamenkax

In the swimming pool, always stayin' cool
In the meantime, a french eurofan site, l'Eurovision au Quotidien, are doing now some kind of selection between upcoming artists, readers vote each weekend for six artists, there will be then one finalist, and so on, and so on... This is a good occasion to give FTV and artists some tips for a ESC selection, i'll try to post them each weekend.

First week selection :

- Eko Eko

- Lunis

- Stache

- Olympe Chabert

- Liv Del Estal

- Manon Vuoko

Not really fond of all this generally, but Liv and Lunis are quite good, but my preference would go to Stache, i already spotted Coeur Meringue last year.

Flamenkax

The winner(s) of this first round are :
- Eko Eko

It seems that they won by a huge margin, maybe helped by the fact that they were only ones sharing the poll. Which is good that maybe this shows they would consider CVQD... Too bad this is by far the worst act of the first round. I just can't with this type of music, i am fed up of this "cute young kind guys singing songs about love, friendship and happiness with acoustic guitars" mood.

Anyway, for the second round we have :

- Oscar Anton

- Dorely

- Petit K

- Adé (some of you may know her, at least as singer in Thérapie Taxi)

- Laconi

- Jamboree (a band based on... scoutism)

Really like Oscar Anton, imo this is the best one here, the rest goes from meh to mediocre (Jamboree... what a joke)

harey

Adé isn't a good singer live. I saw her on star academy last week, she sounded like she was one of the contestants.

Flamenkax

- Jamboree (a band based on... scoutism)

Yup, they won the second round. I just don't understand, i know french people are somewhat tasteless but gosh... Well, anyway, here are the artists of the third round :

- Rouquine

- Doria D

- Coline Rio

- Jade

- Amoure

- Alliel

Much solid selection than the other rounds, varied and current. Hard to make a choice there (also Amoure is a band that i quite know, at least i know i have some relations in comment, since we're living in the same city), but i quite liked Coline's mysterious mood.

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
It seems to me that these selections aren't really diverse. I'm not currently scouting upcoming French artists so I couldn't even make suggestions but I'm surprised at the lack of rock, electro or even decent rap. I wouldn't bat an eye if someone told me they are broadcasted on mainstream radios. Just to be clear : it isn't bad in itself, they are definitely in line with the current French music scene, but the overall selection seems flat because of it. It doesn't help they all fall in the mid-tempo category.
Thank you for sharing still.

Bobjan FR

Basically EAQ in this competition focus on artists that Eurovision France could select, according to what they selected before..... so of course it's very oriented in a this style. No artists singing only in english for example.

FRFanESC

ok I really doubt we're gonna get a nf, right?
Last year they confirmed EF2023 but usually they used to open the submissions at the end of june (either it be DE or EF) but we still have no news so I see two possibilities.

- They eventually decided to cut EF to select the song with another process (intern selection or new NF)
- EF is coming back but they decided to select the songs with another company (music like Universal for example, or production like ITV Studios) to get more quality in general. But I don't know exactly how it works, guess we'll learn more in the next weeks.

Flamenkax

- EF is coming back but they decided to select the songs with another company (music like Universal for example, or production like ITV Studios) to get more quality in general. But I don't know exactly how it works, guess we'll learn more in the next weeks.

I dunno but imo, this looks like this is gonna be the way they chose, that would be accurate since the criticism that came back the most about Alvan & Ahez was that it looked amateur. But yes, we just have to wait and see...

FRFanESC

I dunno but imo, this looks like this is gonna be the way they chose, that would be accurate since the criticism that came back the most about Alvan & Ahez was that it looked amateur. But yes, we just have to wait and see...
Alexandra (our HoD for those who don't know) really wanted to make a NF with an entirely in-house (France 2) production without any help from an outside company for the casting and everything else (like they did for DE with ITV Studios) but in the end, the quality of the songs and the experience of the contestants, the result in general, ended up to be much more amateurish in EF. Even the quality of the production, DE had something quite classy. Most of the songs in DE2019 had some potential in some form.

Not everything was bad in EF compared to DE, though : no more covers, less contestants, better work on the stagings, a one night show, and obviously the voting system are some amazing improvements they made from DE to EF, but it's just my opinion.

Last edited:

harey

I know it wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea but I recently discovered Zaho de Sagazan and I really love the atmosphere she's bringing:

harey

I hope we will have some news after jesc... Do you think it will be an internal selection? And if so, maybe with a biggest artist we could expect with a NF?

Top Bottom