1 0.5%

8 4.1%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

0scar

Looks promising France!!
Since Voila I feel like the French are victory hunting and this seems like they're aiming for one with this choice. Last couple of years I feel like France has the same momentum as the Netherlands did when we finished second in 2014, it felt like a victory was on the way and it definitely feels like France is going to win within the foreseeable future

DirtyFalcon

A new description of La Zarra entry for Liverpool by La Zarra during an interview in the French Eurovision news website "L'Eurovision Au Quotidien" =

La Zarra : "It's going to be of the same ilk as the music I make. We will put the same qualifiers on it. It will be a surprising song, which will be a bridge between two eras and different musical sounds. I will talk about love. It's going to be the great France, but also evoke nostalgia, melancholy, with a very fun side that you don't expect with me."

I dont know if the translation is perfect but since she talk about some "fun side", we can maybe expect a mix of uptempo and ballad with retro french sound ? Difficult to know what we can expect ? Maybe a mix between a song like Requiem from Alma and Parle à ta Tête from Indila ? Hard to know what to expect. It can be either insanely strong or very messy ! But i have hope it will be good as the delegation seems to believe a lot in the song.

Source :

Mrm

Veteran
Sounds promising, a bit like NEJ' I like listening to..

@Looren

She is of Moroccan descent, right? :)

DirtyFalcon

Sounds promising, a bit like NEJ' I like listening to..

@Looren

She is of Moroccan descent, right? :)

I've seen this comparison with NEJ' also on Twitter and in my opinion their music style is overall quite different so i don't think we can expect something similar. NEJ' has more of an urban pop / RnB style while La Zarra is more on the retro vibe mixed with modern and contemporary sounds.

Now time to give some news about our song : According to some instagram stories, the last details of the song were polished this week and I personnally believe it finished yesterday (because one of the composers of the song left Paris). We can now expect the official release of the song between tomorrow and end of next week.

And also another little detail, according to another very recent insta stories, we can maybe expect strings and violin on the song since La Zarra clearly seems to be imitate some violin. Difficult to say what we can expect but it's promising

Last edited:
  • Like It
Reactions: Mrm

FRFanESC

I've seen this comparison with NEJ' also on Twitter and in my opinion their music style is overall quite different so i don't think we can expect something similar. NEJ' has more of an urban pop / RnB style while La Zarra is more on the retro vibe mixed with modern and contemporary sounds.

Now time to give some news about our song : According to some instagram stories, the last details of the song were polished this week and I personnally believe it finished yesterday (because one of the composers of the song left Paris). We can now expect the official release of the song between tomorrow and end of next week.

And also another little detail, according to another very recent insta stories, we can maybe expect strings and violin on the song since La Zarra clearly seems to be imitate some violin. Difficult to say what we can expect but it's promising
If they only finished the song yesterday, I don't think we can expect it this week. Anyway this was planned for early february so more likely next week as you said. I'm wondering if they'll release a music video with the song or they'll record it later. No information about the release date or if there'll be an event for the release.

DirtyFalcon

Our HoD said this morning on one of the main national radios in France that La Zarra song will be revealed in 1 to 2 weeks (at the latest). There was a lot of work on the last details of the song. No information on the way of revelation. Speculations (not info) ongoing about a possible reveal this Friday during "Les Victoires de la Musique", a big music ceremony in France with beautiful staging (the earliest possibility for a reveal). To be honest i'm not sure of that but it's still a possibility.

Also, other rumors i've seen on another forum confirmed by someone is that the the music radios will start air the song on February 20th. A personal private friend of mine, close to the french delegation and knowing some info also told me the same. My personal bet would be a song revealed this week-end during a live show and officially released on Spotify on Monday 13th, or the same thing but next next week.

A-lister

Veteran
I only heard one song of her her's so far, but I think this will be good. I have a good feeling about this one.

Flamenkax

In the swimming pool, always stayin' cool
Also, other rumors i've seen on another forum confirmed by someone is that the the music radios will start air the song on February 20th. A personal private friend of mine, close to the french delegation and knowing some info also told me the same. My personal bet would be a song revealed this week-end during a live show and officially released on Spotify on Monday 13th, or the same thing but next next week.

My bet is that it would be announced just like Tom Leeb, during the evening news on Sunday 19th (newsjournal on Sunday is a big thing in France historically, there's always a lot of people watching), followed by official release the next day.

mauve

Veteran
I am really looking forward to the song. Since I have absolutely no clue what it will sound like, I hope it will be a positive surprise!

DirtyFalcon

I am really looking forward to the song. Since I have absolutely no clue what it will sound like, I hope it will be a positive surprise!
I hope too but i'm more confident here compared to Tom Leeb. Since i had some free time this morning, i did some reach on one of the composers of the song Banx & Ranx. I found some very interesting informations about them :

First they of course worked on La Zarra song "Tu t'en Iras". But more interesting is that they worked on the production of songs for David Guetta, Becky G, Sean Paul, and also Dua Lipa + Blackpink. They now also try to develop their own artists by producing them some entries (La Zarra, Rêve, Ella Eyre)The common point on most of their songs is that they great succes on the charts. Of course working with big artists is never a guarantee of success but it always helped to work with people like this. Here is some of the stuff they were partially or fully involved on the production:

The last one they produced for Rêve, a young canadian artist is a bop :

Seeing their vibe, the stuff they did with La Zarra and reading the description of the song by La Zarra, i'm pretty sure this wont be a simple ballad but more something catchy with french vibe and sounds, with the spirit of "Parle à ta tête" by Indila but with a La Zarra touch. It would match with what Banx & Ranx usually do a music stuff and also the other composer Benny Adam.

mauve

Veteran
I hope too but i'm more confident here compared to Tom Leeb. Since i had some free time this morning, i did some reach on one of the composers of the song Banx & Ranx. I found some very interesting informations about them :

First they of course worked on La Zarra song "Tu t'en Iras". But more interesting is that they worked on the production of songs for David Guetta, Becky G, Sean Paul, and also Dua Lipa + Blackpink. They now also try to develop their own artists by producing them some entries (La Zarra, Rêve, Ella Eyre)The common point on most of their songs is that they great succes on the charts. Of course working with big artists is never a guarantee of success but it always helped to work with people like this. Here is some of the stuff they were partially or fully involved on the production:

The last one they produced for Rêve, a young canadian artist is a bop :

Seeing their vibe, the stuff they did with La Zarra and reading the description of the song by La Zarra, i'm pretty sure this wont be a simple ballad but more something catchy with french vibe and sounds, with the spirit of "Parle à ta tête" by Indila but with a La Zarra touch. It would match with what Banx & Ranx usually do a music stuff and also the other composer Benny Adam.
I absolutely hope so! As you said it is no guarantee for success, but I am hopeful that the song will be something special. Since I am a sucker for French sounds, I wouldn't have anything against it! ❤️

Bobjan FR

Hi, basically tonight there is an award ceremony in France, on fr2, called "Victoires de la musique" .

La zarra is not nominated, and usually only the nominees sing. but she shared a few stories recently : she is there,. Some people are expecting that she will perform THE song tonight... Or maybe she will just give an award to someone, we'll see. Stay tuned.

Looren

Veteran
Good event choice to do that, people tend to watch les victoires de la musique a lot

Top Bottom