1 0.5%

1 0.5%

8 4.1%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Franzilein

I don't know, does she really have to put so much attitude into the song when the latter is actually rather calm and uneventful? Feel like there is such a hard disconnect, having a hard time "getting" this entry here lol

12Pointsgoto.....

Does anyone know if she is performing at any of the pre-parties? I want to see how her vocals are.

Iker

Veteran
It has dawned on me that this is actually very good.

I wish guitar line would be more pronounced as in louder in the mix though, then it would be even better.

Flamenkax

In the swimming pool, always stayin' cool
I'll wait until tonight's first performance to settle my opinion but i have a strong feeling this will be ending like Bilal in 2019. Making a lot of hype here (in Twitter french eurofans are convinced she's gonna take it all... guys let's be serious), with much much effort, all that leading to not that much success. People said this would be a jury-friendly song but they'll be other much stronger ones, i quite see the track being ~8 in the juries and ~18 in the televote, it's just my gut feeling.

In and on, i gotta say it's maybe my biggest fader of the season. I have a hard time listening to it again... or maybe it's the french eurofans hyping this SO MUCH that digusted me about this i dunno lol

DirtyFalcon

I'll wait until tonight's first performance to settle my opinion but i have a strong feeling this will be ending like Bilal in 2019. Making a lot of hype here (in Twitter french eurofans are convinced she's gonna take it all... guys let's be serious), with much much effort, all that leading to not that much success. People said this would be a jury-friendly song but they'll be other much stronger ones, i quite see the track being ~8 in the juries and ~18 in the televote, it's just my gut feeling.

In and on, i gotta say it's maybe my biggest fader of the season. I have a hard time listening to it again... or maybe it's the french eurofans hyping this SO MUCH that digusted me about this i dunno lol
La Zarra has much more to offer than Bilal : a better and distinct voice, much better charisma (the difference here is abysmal) and also a song with a very easily recognizable French vibe. People like this. Bilal had a french/english ballad and i don't think this was what people outside of France expected from us while it's the case for La Zarra.

I haven't seen many french people saying she will win. They are more confident about a great result than a win. The ones you see are a minority, the minority we always hear and read the most on social medias. I think they exaggerate our chances to win a lot but personnally i don't think our chances are 0%. It's very unlikely and very complicated, seeing the favourites, but a big surprise is always possible (look at Lissandro in JESC).

For me it's one of my biggest growers this season. I was not convinced initially because of the weakness of the chorus but now it's played a lot in my Spotify playlist. I could see why people like it. I think a lot of people outside France are digging this french vibe.
My personal prediction right now would be 6th place (like Amir) or 7th. Her charisma and attitude alone will get votes (in a Monika Liu way last year).

Last edited:

Sammy

Veteran
Bilal sang that he was a king and was wrong. La Zarra does not need to point that out. She IS the undisputed Queen.

Sorry Alexandra, luv you but you can be princess.

SpiritofKeiino

I keep changing my mind on this, but the view I keep coming back to is similar to yours - a top 10 jury placement, and a televote position between 11-15. Which I think would be a respectable result for France.
If she delivers a knockout performance and is late in the running order she could squeeze into the top 10 televote and do a little better than the jury.

Flamenkax

In the swimming pool, always stayin' cool
I haven't seen many french people saying she will win. They are more confident about a great result than a win. The ones you see are a minority, the minority we always hear and read the most on social medias. I think they exaggerate our chances to win a lot but personnally i don't think our chances are 0%. It's very unlikely and very complicated, seeing the favourites, but a big surprise is always possible (look at Lissandro in JESC).

For me it's one of my biggest growers this season. I was not convinced initially because of the weakness of the chorus but now it's played a lot in my Spotify playlist. I could see why people like it. I think a lot of people outside France are digging this french vibe.
My personal prediction right now would be 6th place (like Amir) or 7th. Her charisma and attitude alone will get votes (in a Monika Liu way last year).

Sure, i'd like to be proven wrong and get a good result. No one expected Lissandro's win but it happened. Even tho, JESC is another thing so comparing them is quite pointless imo. But yes i know she will be serving great vocals obviously.

On the other hand, her attitude is what would block people to vote for her i think. Sure we don't see the big picture rn, her charisma is something, but she's playing a bit too much diva imo... Great for her, but Monika had that slightly quirky twist that La Zarra doesn't have.

empo21

Veteran
The way I see it is there are entries that hit every mark - song, vocals, presentation, but don't quite manage to strike jury/televote or both and get a low placement, which leads to fans wondering what happened.

I'm getting such feelings for France this year. I expect everything to look great on May, but it just won't hit the sweet spot. I also think Évidemment is an entry whose result will strongly depend on the running order.

DirtyFalcon

Sure, i'd like to be proven wrong and get a good result. No one expected Lissandro's win but it happened. Even tho, JESC is another thing so comparing them is quite pointless imo. But yes i know she will be serving great vocals obviously.

On the other hand, her attitude is what would block people to vote for her i think. Sure we don't see the big picture rn, her charisma is something, but she's playing a bit too much diva imo... Great for her, but Monika had that slightly quirky twist that La Zarra doesn't have.
Most of the people who will discover her during the grand final wont know her personality or anything else outside her performance so i don't think it will have any significant impact. Not everyone is on the Eurovision bubble. Well Monika Liu and La Zarra clearly have different personality but it's ok.

I think La Zarra ticks all the boxes to at least hit hard in the jury vote. But hey, so much the better if some think she will fail in this part of the vote. This means that she will be able to surprise even more. I'm more concerned about televoting.

Deleted member 12761

After watching her performance yesterday I think she has the potential to end up in the Top 5. She sounds great live and the song itself sounds very good live. I actually think it sounds better live than the audio version.

Top Bottom