1 0.5%

1 0.5%

8 4.1%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

aef

I gave the song a second try today and I still don't like it but I have to admit that it was staying in my head the whole day...

Especially the chorus still feels very flat. This could have been so much more. And I'm also not feeling the chanson-disco-mix yet.

Deleted member 12761

After listening to it for a while I have to unfortunately change my vote from 12 to :8: points. Don't get me wrong, it's a good song. But I agree that the way she delivers it vocally is a bit weak. She lacks energy. I think it's a song that works better live than as an audio track and I'm sure she is gonna slay. France is still in my Top 10. I think the juries are going to like this.

Fluke

This is pretty much what i see and hear in my mind as a placeholder for France's entry, before it's revealed. I guess it will get decent jury points though.

Simon

I mean, it’s very French, but I far, far prefer last year’s energetic entry from Brittany. Why it bombed so badly in the final is beyond me. I thought they were fantastic and a really fresh entry from France. Definitely in my top 10.

This year seems a tad generic by comparison. But what do I know? I just like more unconventional and challenging music in general. The majority of viewers and voters don’t.

Ezio

Veteran
This song is the most original, extravagant and polished of all the songs out there for this year.

shameless

I gave the song a second try today and I still don't like it but I have to admit that it was staying in my head the whole day...

Especially the chorus still feels very flat. This could have been so much more. And I'm also not feeling the chanson-disco-mix yet.
I feel exactly the same way. I am totally hooked by it. It was the same with J'ai cherché and J'imagine and all the other french guilty pleasures of recent era. They certainly do a good job in chosing their entries and I am positive that this one will score well as well.

HBKaus

My favourite song so far. Love it, love it!! ❤️

If she can replicate that performance on stage it's a real contender. 🙏

Love her expression, the build, the charisma, sassiness, and her vocals...

A sleeper hit for sure 😊

crashworld

Veteran
I am actually surprised that I like it. Modern yet still retains the French identity. Giving this a :6: with the potential to grow. I am thinking this is actually better than what France has offered for the past 3 years.

Iker

Veteran
Well the super-tight corset kind of accentuates it… ;)

She looks kinda like a RuPaul contestant even. That fancy hat is something that would fit there. And La Zarra is curvy.

Last edited:

grazy2266

I like this song it has a certain kind of sophistication, I wanted the vocals to go somewhat more, but I like it 8 points from me :)

ory26

12 points.
Amazing song for me, yes, there are a little something missing, but i'm sure La Zarra 's voice and charisma will make the song even better in live...

A win seem clearly impossible, the overrated swandwiched swedish girl will get it, but a top 10 will be nice after last year.

Flamenkax

In the swimming pool, always stayin' cool
A win seem clearly impossible, the overrated swandwiched swedish girl will get it, but a top 10 will be nice after last year.

Yup i think this is where she should end. When i listened to the song i thought "we can do this" and i expect a great live performance but i'm starting to be realistic and yeah, compared to possibly Loreen, Käärijä or even others, i can see ourselves finishing at ~7-10th place (with a big push from the juries), which would be quite okay after last year...

...but this would be considered a flop for FTV. And i would be really curious to know how they'll respond to this.

DirtyFalcon

Yup i think this is where she should end. When i listened to the song i thought "we can do this" and i expect a great live performance but i'm starting to be realistic and yeah, compared to possibly Loreen, Käärijä or even others, i can see ourselves finishing at ~7-10th place (with a big push from the juries), which would be quite okay after last year...

...but this would be considered a flop for FTV. And i would be really curious to know how they'll respond to this.
Going back to the Top 10 after only 1 bad result last year would be extremely good for us. It would be almost the first time in 20 years we manage to do 2 tops 10 in 3 years, and the bad result we had in this period is by taking a risk, so nothing to be ashamed of. I was proud we tried something different.

Tbh, i've had extremely high expectations seeing the hype they created with La Zarra so i was disappointed when the song was released because it's a good song for a Top 10 (and maybe the potential to end 6th like Amir) but not a winner. It took me a while to digest it but now I accept it. They've put all their hope on her but like you, i can't see us beat Loreen, Käärijä or Alessandra at the moment. Their songs have stronger chorus or an element that would standout even more than Evidemment. They're the most unreachable imo. After them, its quite open with the songs we got so far in my view.

Few people have talked about it but I have this little concern that they've decide to do an "all-in" on La Zarra and that if it doesn't work, they will lose the motivation for Eurovision a little. I'm sill not sure of that since they showed already their motivation to do well.

Sammy

Veteran
She would be a very worthy and deserved winner - even if that might not happen. For me clearly the best act so far.

escEndre

We have had the pleasure to talk with AMAZING La Zarra! xheart

Check out our interview with her here!

Help us share the interview to get the people to know La Zarra and please subscribe our YouTube-channel to watch the latest interviews with this years Eurovision-artists! xheart

Top Bottom