1 0.5%

1 0.5%

8 4.1%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

12Pointsgoto.....

France has sent an amazing song and package for the third year in a row, and in my opinion, they are becoming an eurovision powerhouse. I would love it if they could move that light thing in the music video on stage, because the staging and lighting is absolutely perfect in that video. It can easily be just copy pasted on to the eurovision stage, and I hope that they don't decide to make drastic changes to it.

Zorjan

FSC Mod
Staff member
Compared to the French masterpieces in the last couple of years, I don't think it's that good. Definitely not bad either though.
I guess I just had way to high expectations :confused:

Semra

It's good. I compare it to Barbara Pravi and because of that it'll never be more than 'good'. Barbara was so naked, pure and artistic. And I liked the melody. In this entry I don't really feel the melody lines and for me the sexiness and glittery cheapens it a bit. Maybe the disco beats also. I see the elegance, but it's kind of the Disney version of French elegance veras Barbara was the real thing.

HarryUK

Veteran
I won't compare it to Barbara because Barbara made me cry and it was my 10 points in 2021 - I take this at face value and I love it!

Semra

For me personally, it is way better than Barbara. Voila was the most French artsy fartsy entry they could've come with and it always felt forced to me.
Maybe I'm just very artsy fartsy myself ;) It felt not only French and artsy, but somehow historical to me. Maybe because of the music video. And I won't lie,- Her look added to it and is more my style. But I can understand your thinking. I just think in that case, both songs (Barbara and La Zarra) are kind of forced...

DirtyFalcon

Well i could definitly see us doing very well with the juries (7th seems realistic) with this entry but flop at the televote with something like 20/21th place. The song will for sure have some fans but i think the lack of power on the chorus will be a big NO for voters, especially in a line-up where most entries in the semi-final have been chosen by a 100% televote system. There will be songs with more powerful choruses and it could hurt us.

My predicition is a 13th place, left hand side of the scoreboard result, in line with our usual results since 2017. The latest "disco" song i have in mind (even if it's not totally disco of course but more pop) is Sweden 2018 with Dance You Off and it did very well in the juries. I could see us then doing maybe worse with the juries than Ingrosso but slightly better in the televote.

Luneaux

I gave this :7:! It's quite stylish French entry. I like this, expected somehow a bit more from the artist... But the song could grow more during spring, the first listen left a bit mild taste on mouth... Not the best, not the worst. :giggle:

Sabrewulf238

For me personally I prefer Barbara and Fulenn a lot more. (Those two are my favourite French entries)

but I'd say Évidement is my 4th favourite French entry right now. (After Patricia Kaas's "Et s'il fallait le faire")

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Voila was the most French artsy fartsy entry they could've come with and it always felt forced to me.
TEA xheat
Well i could definitly see us doing very well with the juries (7th seems realistic) with this entry but flop at the televote with something like 20/21th place. The song will for sure have some fans but i think the lack of power on the chorus will be a big NO for voters, especially in a line-up where most entries in the semi-final have been chosen by a 100% televote system. There will be songs with more powerful choruses and it could hurt us.
When I saw 20/21th I was ready to disagree but your reasoning is actually totally on point ??? Even if voting is 50/50 in final, at the end of the day televote will have more power as the vast majority of the pool of entries would be selected through it.
Still, I think she will land better than a 20th in televote. She has classy French attitude foreigners seem to love.

Bmbriga

My predicition is a 13th place, left hand side of the scoreboard result, in line with our usual results since 2017. The latest "disco" song i have in mind (even if it's not totally disco of course but more pop) is Sweden 2018 with Dance You Off and it did very well in the juries. I could see us then doing maybe worse with the juries than Ingrosso but slightly better in the televote.

:eek:

Oh, I think this song is going to do better than that. With juries and televoting. Especially with televoting.
It's a great song, my top3 this far.
But I wasn't a huge fan of Barbara's song that people LOVED (I like this one much more), so what do I know.

DirtyFalcon

TEA xheat

When I saw 20/21th I was ready to disagree but your reasoning is actually totally on point ??? Even if voting is 50/50 in final, at the end of the day televote will have more power as the vast majority of the pool of entries would be selected through it.
Still, I think she will land better than a 20th in televote. She has classy French attitude foreigners seem to love.

If she's able to put a performance that fills the lack of power and impact of the chorus, more generally the middle of the song, then i could see like you her doing better than 20th in the televote but the staging needs to be slick, with a with an excellent set of cameras, lights and maybe visuals. Some people can dance on the chorus (and i could see them vote for France) but i could easily see alot of other people being disappointed and being bored if this lack of power in the chorus is not filled by an excellent camera, visual and lightning work. If not, their attention/interest on the song during the performance will shift. They kinda did it with Lissandro on JESC and i believe they could do it even better, knowing the professionalism, and sense of detail La Zarra have.

Right now, It's a fine chorus and but just fine. It needs to create a bigger impact. This will not be a problem at all for the juries but for the televoters i'm worried. It could potentially. result that the song will be forgotten. The beginning of the song, the verses and the end of the song are absolutely incredible so if they fill the "emptiness" of the song in the middle, it would be fantastic news for France and then i could see us even reaching the Top 10 !

:eek:

Oh, I think this song is going to do better than that. With juries and televoting. Especially with televoting.
It's a great song, my top3 this far.
But I wasn't a huge fan of Barbara's song that people LOVED (I like this one much more), so what do I know.
It will depends on how polished will be the performance. A great live performance could massively elevate this and help France reach the top 10. I'm confident for her staging. What i'm going to say is maybe exagerated but i think that we can expect the strongest and most polished live performance/staging of France of the last 10 years if not more. La Zarra is a very demanding artist. She said on an interview recently she want 0 mistakes for the staging, and create the show. She has a real vision of what she wants for Liverpool. Also the french delegation is really motivated and works on the stage performance since December already.

Last edited:

MARCOMEN

I like La Zarra but the song is a bit disappointing by her standards. Still not bad a track.
7 from me.

Ezio

Veteran
I couldn't get this song out of my head now while I took a very long walk. This song is edging me so hard.

12Pointsgoto.....

I think it is unfair to compare this to barbara, as these are different styles of music. I like Barbara more, but I cannot deny that this song has been stuck in my head the entire day. I think it could use a little bit more power in the last chorus, something with the instrumentation, but I can say the same thing about Norway. Overall, I really hope that people see the artistry in this and that it does well.

Ajeje Brazorf

I like it, but it is a no brainer for me since France has been very high on my rankings in the past few years... Evidemment isn't an exception: I give it a :10: and my actual 3rd place...

Top Bottom