Dañsal a ran gant an diaoul ha para ?

Entan ha taras, entan jabadao ha taras
Trid' a ra ar c’hoad ouzh stok' ar fulenn a-bilpaz
He hud dudius a bign betek penn ar qwez bras

Oc'h ober fae deus ar fall loened e tañsan
Me bak an tan en o lagad leun a droukc’hoant
Ha da dreiñ 'n'añ en ur c'han da gan' a-unvan

Dispont 'kreiz an digoadell e tans ar fulenn
Trein ha distreiñ en-dro de'i eneoù dichedenn (bis)

Lalalalalalaleno lalelalo

Dañsal a ran gant an diaoul ha para ?
Ga' 'n diaoul e tañsan
Dañsal a ra gant an diaoul ha para ?

Dispont 'kreiz an digoadenn e tañs ar fulenn

Last edited by a moderator:

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
The camerawork is all over the place, as for everyone this year, however the way Ahez move slowly at 0:48-0:50 truly makes them look like sirens.
Ahez's lead singer at 1:02-1:13 doesn't sound that confident, especially when you compare it to the NF. Overall though, I think that performance is solid, and the green staging is fire (pun totally intended).

Bobjan FR

Why there is no audience in our rehearsal but yes on the italian one ??

I'm ready for the flop now. The probability to get a spot very early is high, we fall in the odds, nobody notices the song after the short clip of yesterday......

popavapeur

Why there is no audience in our rehearsal but yes on the italian one ??

I'm ready for the flop now. The probability to get a spot very early is high, we fall in the odds, nobody notices the song after the short clip of yesterday......
maybe because it's held... in Italy ?

You see signs where there's nothing to see. It doesn't look great for France (1st half with big competitors) but it doesn't look bad either. I mean at this point if you're not Ukraine, it looks bad. They have a 50% chances of winning if we look at the bookies which is very high.

They did the best they could, their vocals are better, the staging is grand and enhanced, any placement we'll get, we can say it was deserved cause we couldn't have done better. We can still have a bad draw in the running order but in the eyes of the producers it means we didn't stand any chance and the running order is not really about the final ranking but who can win.

Let's hope for the best ! We'll know tomorrow night if RAI and the EBU think we stand a chance ! fingers crossed

crashworld

Veteran
The camera work needs to be tighter because it's making the performance looks really messy. I mean you have the dancer doing her dance, Alvan doing his own hyperactive jumps then Ahez doing their own thing in a slow-motion. Still doesn't look very cohesive as a package. And they shouldn't have the dancer dance directly infront of Alvan, it looks clunky.

The girls definitely sound much better. I love the aerial shots to show the LED motifs, very pretty. And bonus with all the close-ups of Alvan. They know he is the main attraction. Hehehe.

popavapeur

The camera work needs to be tighter because it's making the performance looks really messy. I mean you have the dancer doing her dance, Alvan doing his own hyperactive jumps then Ahez doing their own thing in a slow-motion. Still doesn't look very cohesive as a package. And they shouldn't have the dancer dance directly infront of Alvan, it looks clunky.

The girls definitely sound much better. I love the aerial shots to show the LED motifs, very pretty. And bonus with all the close-ups of Alvan. They know he is the main attraction. Hehehe.
I "heard" (don't quote me on that) that some shots were messy on purpose to have not one focus point but multiple. It was important for them to keep that spontaneous feeling and... so that's what we have now and that's not really what the fandom wanted (that was the first critique they had : the stage show and camera work being real messy). I heard that some months ago from someone working at FranceTV, they wanted to break the overall feeling of ESC stages being pitch perfect rehearsed.

That doesn't change the feeling of it being clunky but I don't know which part is clunky and which one is intended to be like that

midnightsun

Veteran
The NF was too messy for my taste in terms of camera switching but at least they followed a certain path that made it look like a folklore dance (which it is supposed to be after all), Alvan & the girls taking turns jumping around, a perfect symbiosis of a ritual dance.

On the semi yesterday I got the feeling there were only random shots with no structure.

It's a pity because I want them to do well, I love the song! Hope it is well received anyway.

ory26

After watched the full performance, well... the whole thing looks amateurish, the empty arena not helping (I read in a french forum that the french delegation did not choose the jury rehearsal like Italy because the camera work was even worse than in the video we have... ).
The second part of the song is much better, their voices are better than ever, even if Marine (the main singer) was a little weaker on the video.
The song is easy to remember and the great and green staging will help that even more, but the more than likely 1st position in the finale will make the whole thing ineffective.
For me, France will be around 15th with the televoting and certainly in the bottom 5, maybe even last with the jury, to end up 19th or 20th.

LoveHate

I feel like this is massively underrated in the odds. For a top-10 you can get as much as 4.1 back. For me this is a lock to make the top-10, but maybe I’m just weird...

Zeus

Yeah I don't get where the hype for this is. Unique song, great staging.. Running order hurt them a bit, but still. Why wouldn't this be top 5 with the televotes?

midnightsun

Veteran
In another year yes, this year… not sure. Especially now that Norway is performing right after them, they probably steal all the telephone votes. I love both songs and it’s really really sad they both start back to back.

DirtyFalcon

Let's be honest, as a french i'm quite worried now for our result seeing how much we dropped in the betting odds. I've even seen one website putting us behind countries like Belgium, Romania or Germany in the odds (absolutely nothing against these countries of course they're not considered by the fandom as much better as France). I don't get why because for me the performance is really well done, visually stunning and one of the best of the season, the song really stands out by his own, the chorus is striking and you have this great moment with the shot on the LED Floor and where the flame explodes.

I dont wan't to believe people are downgrading us in the betting odds only because of the camera shots.
Maybe if we had choosed a better clip during the 1st semi-final, it would not be as terrible i dont know.

A-lister

Veteran
I really hope this will do good as it's one of the best and most interesting entries of the season, but as per usual juries will kill the chances (because they hate anything with character), and also with Norway coming after it's a bit of an unfortunate running order. Although coming after that generic bore of a Swiss entry (that shouldn't even be in the final in the first place), maybe it would still work in its favor, hard to tell but overall I think the producers kinda put France in a bad spot :(

The problem is though, besides the running order and the juries being useless, that they seem to have kept that kinda messy, mid 00's ESC stereotype, staging from the National selections which is a bit of a misstep.

DirtyFalcon

I really hope this will do good as it's one of the best and most interesting entries of the season, but as per usual juries will kill the chances (because they hate anything with character), and also with Norway coming after it's a bit of an unfortunate running order. Although coming after that generic bore of a Swiss entry (that shouldn't even be in the final in the first place), maybe it would still work in its favor, hard to tell but overall I think the producers kinda put France in a bad spot :(

The problem is though, besides the running order and the juries being useless, that they seem to have kept that kinda messy, mid 00's ESC stereotype, staging from the National selections which is a bit of a misstep.

I hope too. The thing i don't get is that only 1 week ago, the song was quite popular. It was doing very well on the polls and everything and suddenly, since the first semi-final, we are now considered as a borderline Top 20 with a more polished performance, when we were used to be considered as potential left hand side of the scoreboard finisher, with a little chance to end Top 10.

It's really disappointing (and a bit depressing from a french point of view).

Zeus

I guess that when talking about the big 5, UK and Spain have a really big hype at the moment. France suffers a bit from that. But when I watch the performance clips, I am most impressed by the staging and energy from France. But maybe that's just me.

And yeah the running order.. Imagine if they had Moldova's place, after all these slower songs. But now they are followed up by Norway, Spain isn't long after them.. Sucks a bit.

Top Bottom