Dañsal a ran gant an diaoul ha para ?

Entan ha taras, entan jabadao ha taras
Trid' a ra ar c’hoad ouzh stok' ar fulenn a-bilpaz
He hud dudius a bign betek penn ar qwez bras

Oc'h ober fae deus ar fall loened e tañsan
Me bak an tan en o lagad leun a droukc’hoant
Ha da dreiñ 'n'añ en ur c'han da gan' a-unvan

Dispont 'kreiz an digoadell e tans ar fulenn
Trein ha distreiñ en-dro de'i eneoù dichedenn (bis)

Lalalalalalaleno lalelalo

Dañsal a ran gant an diaoul ha para ?
Ga' 'n diaoul e tañsan
Dañsal a ra gant an diaoul ha para ?

Dispont 'kreiz an digoadenn e tañs ar fulenn

Last edited by a moderator:

Looren

Veteran
He has a pretty pleasant voice though, his music is a bit too on the cheesy for me though, none of these songs are bad per se but it's a bit too Ed Sheeran for my taste. If he'd go more into the territory of Ben Howard (which I think his voice would fit), it'd be more interesting.

Yes maybe, but well I love cheesy songs so it's perfect for my taste :lol:

harey

Do you think that we will have contestants who already took part in our NF? And would you like it?

I enjoy the fact we got "fresh blood" each year and not always the same people all over again like in melfest but I really enjoyed some former contestant (for example Emmy Liyanna). So I wonder if one of them could pop in next year's line up.

A-lister

Veteran
I think Indila's most support comes from foreign countries. When I came to this forum I was amazed by the number of times people asked for her :lol: Don't get me wrong, she isn't unknown, her song Dernière Danse was spammed a lot when it was released, but she is not that popular. You just have to take a look at her YT comments : almost only English. Meanwhile nationally popular French artists have almost no drop of English in their comments.

Still her album peaked at #1 in France and Wallonia and has a "Diamond"-certificate in France, not too shabby for being "not that popular" if you ask me. I think her main issue is that it's been over 7 years since she released her so far only album, and in the world of contemporary music that is a lifetime that can really harm someone's career. I wonder what's taking her so long to follow up?

But, let's say she's more popular abroad, it isn't a problem considering France can't vote for their own entry but rest of Europe can.

Flamenkax

In the swimming pool, always stayin' cool
I'm really really curious to see what we'll had in store for next year. Seeing Voilà's second place plus the really good streaming results for most of the acts this year can really help singers and composers going in the ESC hype. Yeah, sure, a lot of french are still saying "FTV just wanna make sure they don't organise next year" or "this is just a place for people who wanna lose their careers" but already since Amir it tended to change, and with 2021, i think this era is gone for good for still a lot of people so that's good in any ways.
This selection will be really interesting to see, that will show if the delegation succeeded to perpetuate the ESC trademark they're trying to do.

I just hope France TV will be bold for once for its selection. As much as a like Voilà and its staging, the overall NF was not really bad but quite average and "normative", it lacked of fun and of alternatives. We have an awesome alternative and independant pop scene in France and it would be really cool to see these kind of artists going into this (Bonnie Banane, Ricky Hollywood, David Numwami... yeah Numwami is belgian whatevs). Yeah, call me a music snob and maybe we'd flop with this kind of artists but i have a gut feeling that this is also this kind of "french touch" foreign people are looking from us.
An upbeat track would be great also for sure (and for once) but i'm going in the same way : the ones chosen by FTV seem too outdated and simple, when we need something fresh and actual. The closest bop we've had this year was Pony X, which sound like a reject from the Tecktonik era... We have A LOT of composers who can build up some awesome bops, why not Vladimir Cauchemar ? So yeah in the end i really hope we'll have a fresh and young selection of artists, and not a bland selection made by 40+ year old so called "music experts"... As long as they won't try to make some copycats of Måneskin or Voilà i'll be ok with that.

Just don't wait for too big artists (like Aya Nakamura for example), because they aren't just interested for ESC mostly.

Zeus

This screams a Eurovision winner to me.

Not easy to produce such a song again ofc.

• Like It
Reactions: aef

EscUKFan

Oh god France has SO many options.

I doubt ANY of these would be interested, particularly if a national final is involved but any of.. Marie-Flore, Yseult, Clara Luciani, Bon Entendeur, Indila, Suzane, Nathalie Cardone, Therapie TAXI, Pomme or Voyou please! :D

Flamenkax

In the swimming pool, always stayin' cool
I doubt ANY of these would be interested, particularly if a national final is involved but any of.. Marie-Flore, Yseult, Clara Luciani, Bon Entendeur, Indila, Suzane, Nathalie Cardone, Therapie TAXI, Pomme or Voyou please! :D

Yseult would be SO great, she's such a great composer and singer. Also she has already some ties with ESC since she was in the french jury in 2015, so i wouldn't rule out this possibility. Voyou is great too ! As an upcoming and not really known artist he could really fit in there.
Indila is such a weird case because, at least from my point of view, here she is lost and forgotten. So maybe why not seeing her back in a blast. I heard she knows how Eurofans love her, so why not ! (same for Nathalie Cardone)

Luciani, Bon Entendeur, Suzane and Pomme : i doubt they would be interested sadly. These are now quite established artists. But, of we had to host the contest in the coming years, Bon Entendeur would be awesome for a grand final opening. Also, Thérapie Taxi disbanded a few months ago. But i think their singer would like to start a solo career, so why not !

Here's some shortlist of artists (or their kind) i wanna see competing :

Thérèse (in addition, a collab with her and Vladimir Cauchemar would be FIRE)

Taur

Ricky Hollywood (here featuring Juliette Armanet)

More on the rock'n'roll side, Lulu Von Trapp is also quite great

On a more urban pop/ r'n'b/rap side, Ichon is a bit more trendy but i wanna see him there so much, his latest album is lit (also Yseult makes an appearance in the video)

Last but not least, Saint DX has a big funky side i really dig.

Last edited:

aef

This screams a Eurovision winner to me.

Not easy to produce such a song again ofc.
Thanks for showing me this indeed very interesting song! I googled them, they are a :ch: band though aren't they? Would be a nice choice for :ch: next year then... But I get what you mean with "you can't produce it again"...

aef

The :fr: superstars I am waiting for at Eurovision are Jain and Kendji Girac! I guess it will never happen though... :ROFLMAO:

FRFanESC

I've just discovered this song a few minutes ago from Masoe (DE2018), lyrics and the song in general are very boring (few lyrics and very repetitive) but it sounds beautiful and his voice is beautiful as well. I'd appreciate a contemporary french ballad à la "Tout l'univers" for my country. Though for 2022, I just want a bop from Barbara+Igit, lmao.

nudiecrudi

Now that France missed a (deserved) win by barely 25 points.
A bit of provocation: after the huge success Maneskin are having around the world, do you still think we didn't deserve to win?
If you have a look at my rankings I've put Voila very high so don't misunderstand me. I love the song, but maybe you have forgotten that in 2019 Italy lost for some 27 miserable points too, Arcade won but Mahmood had a huge success around Europe. Even Arcade to be honest.
The same thing isn't happening this year.
If you look at the numbers they are really far from each others.
As I said at the beginning it is just a provocation not an attack
❤️❤️❤️

harey

Yseult or I riot.

More seriously, I didn't know half of the artists listed by @Flamenkax but it sounds great!

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Yseult would be SO great, she's such a great composer and singer. Also she has already some ties with ESC since she was in the french jury in 2015, so i wouldn't rule out this possibility. Voyou is great too ! As an upcoming and not really known artist he could really fit in there.
Indila is such a weird case because, at least from my point of view, here she is lost and forgotten. So maybe why not seeing her back in a blast. I heard she knows how Eurofans love her, so why not ! (same for Nathalie Cardone)

Luciani, Bon Entendeur, Suzane and Pomme : i doubt they would be interested sadly. These are now quite established artists. But, of we had to host the contest in the coming years, Bon Entendeur would be awesome for a grand final opening. Also, Thérapie Taxi disbanded a few months ago. But i think their singer would like to start a solo career, so why not !

Here's some shortlist of artists (or their kind) i wanna see competing :

Thérèse (in addition, a collab with her and Vladimir Cauchemar would be FIRE)

Taur

Ricky Hollywood (here featuring Juliette Armanet)

More on the rock'n'roll side, Lulu Von Trapp is also quite great

On a more urban pop/ r'n'b/rap side, Ichon is a bit more trendy but i wanna see him there so much, his latest album is lit (also Yseult makes an appearance in the video)

Last but not least, Saint DX has a big funky side i really dig.

Yseult or I riot.

More seriously, I didn't know half of the artists listed by @Flamenkax but it sounds great!

Same here, I literally never heard of any of them, thank you for the suggestions I'm gonna take a look at their work !

John1

A bit of provocation: after the huge success Maneskin are having around the world, do you still think we didn't deserve to win?
If you have a look at my rankings I've put Voila very high so don't misunderstand me. I love the song, but maybe you have forgotten that in 2019 Italy lost for some 27 miserable points too, Arcade won but Mahmood had a huge success around Europe. Even Arcade to be honest.
The same thing isn't happening this year.
If you look at the numbers they are really far from each others.
As I said at the beginning it is just a provocation not an attack
❤️❤️❤️
????????????????????

i was so delighted and relieved that italy won after so many unfortunate attempts. like, i was obviously gutted, since the gap between our last victory and today amounts to... well, approximately ~46 years.

spread love xheart

esc87fan

Thanks for showing me this indeed very interesting song! I googled them, they are a :ch: band though aren't they? Would be a nice choice for :ch: next year then... But I get what you mean with "you can't produce it again"...
They are Swiss, I sent that song to WorldVision way back

nekoisneko

Given the best result in the last decade, I really hope that :fr: will be back stronger next year. Voilà was magnifique and I cried watching Barbara's performance.
I do not want to hope that :fr: will send big names, but I really wish that :fr: will put the best effort again.
This year NF was interesting and offered different styles and genres. So I hope the selection next year will stay like the last NF.

Top Bottom