Dañsal a ran gant an diaoul ha para ?

Entan ha taras, entan jabadao ha taras
Trid' a ra ar c’hoad ouzh stok' ar fulenn a-bilpaz
He hud dudius a bign betek penn ar qwez bras

Oc'h ober fae deus ar fall loened e tañsan
Me bak an tan en o lagad leun a droukc’hoant
Ha da dreiñ 'n'añ en ur c'han da gan' a-unvan

Dispont 'kreiz an digoadell e tans ar fulenn
Trein ha distreiñ en-dro de'i eneoù dichedenn (bis)

Lalalalalalaleno lalelalo

Dañsal a ran gant an diaoul ha para ?
Ga' 'n diaoul e tañsan
Dañsal a ra gant an diaoul ha para ?

Dispont 'kreiz an digoadenn e tañs ar fulenn

Last edited by a moderator:

FRFanESC

She's going to turn 16 this year. I hope that she'll be going to ESC next year. xheart
I've always thought she would be too young in 2022 but the fact that she's given the points from the french jury lets me think that she's still linked to Barbara and the contest in general, and that we might see her next year in the NF. It would be so cool, and even cooler to have her as our representative, and even better with a french bop from Barbara.

FRFanESC

Despite being really happy with our 2nd place, I don't think that this year's lineup for our NF was that strong (aside from Barbara and Juliette Moraine). Other songs were screaming bottom 5 for me.

However, our HoD was only in charge of this NF for the first time ever, so it comes across usual to have a weaker lineup from the get-go. I'll give her the benefit of the doubt.
I agree that Barbara, seen all the songs this year now that the contest is over, "Voilà" was the only choice for this year. But for another year with less bops sung by women, I think LMK could have make it to the top 10 with a killer staging, she nailed it in the NF.

John1

I don't disagree, I think the two ballads were the strongest options this year; next year can be different. Variety of choice is what matters...

I only meant I really don't want another internal selected Tom Leeb, where the delegation convinces itself it's the best song ever warranting dropping everything else...
And that's what astounded me the most when they reverted back to selecting our entrant through a national final. Our HoD was so stubborn last year, saying that TBIM made everyone forget about all songs listened before and after it "aired" during the selection committee.

I was pleasantly surprised to see that our HoD learnt from her mistakes and managed to win jESC and place #2 at this year's ESC. I just hope that our successful results will encourage more talented artists to take part at our NF.

Loindici

Veteran
And that's what astounded me the most when they reverted back to selecting our entrant through a national final. Our HoD was so stubborn last year, saying that TBIM made everyone forget about all songs listened before and after it "aired" during the selection committee.

I was pleasantly surprised to see that our HoD learnt from her mistakes and managed to win jESC and place #2 at this year's ESC. I just hope that our successful results will encourage more talented artists to take part at our NF.

Surprisingly, EF is pretty solid for its first year. I believe she took fans' suggestion very seriously and learned quickly to find a 'very French' entry after seeing Angelina won as well. Even if we can't have Igit-Pravi every year, I'm positive she's gonna do it right and find an interesting song.

John1

Surprisingly, EF is pretty solid for its first year. I believe she took fans' suggestion very seriously and learned quickly to find a 'very French' entry after seeing Angelina won as well. Even if we can't have Igit-Pravi every year, I'm positive she's gonna do it right and find an interesting song.
Let's say that Tom Leeb was an aborted attempt... xqueenbitch

Loindici

Veteran

A-lister

Veteran
Seeing that France will go down the NF route again, I think we're in for a hit-or-miss.

"Mercy" in 2018 is one of the best entries France sent to the contest period (although the live execution of it was so so), "Roi" on the other hand was very meh... "Voilà" wasn't my cup of tea, but I can see the appeal, so will they slip down again or send another strong entry? I feel like France really wants to win, but I am not sure an NF is the right thing for France (although there were some good stuff in the NFs and it did bring them two strong entries in the past years so maybe).

I would have loved to see Indila take part, but an NF takes away that possibility imho. If she would even consider Eurovision (which I doubt, even if she'd be approached to be picked internally), I think France could get the victory they so want.

Another thing I would love to see is an entry penned by Farmer/Boutonnat, maybe with their current protegé Julia, but yeah I also highly doubt that would happen.

crashworld

Veteran
Tom Leeb is busy acting and perhaps he should stay that way. Saw that he bare his rear in the series he was in. Maybe if he keeps doing more acting gigs, we may see more of him (if you know what I mean). Lol.

A-lister

Veteran
Tom Leeb is busy acting and perhaps he should stay that way. Saw that he bare his rear in the series he was in. Maybe if he keeps doing more acting gigs, we may see more of him (if you know what I mean). Lol.

I hope he cross-over to more "interesting acting" then xheat

Last edited:

Looren

Veteran
I wouldn't mind to have him in just to have eye-candy....

But for the sake of France, the entry would have to be something completely different.

He's really a great singer, his songs "Run Away", "Distance Is A Thing" and "You and I" are really beautiful, here are the links if you want to check

ory26

His main role is a lover of a married woman in a tv series, and so it's mainly sex scenes and just to be shirtless !! i know it's suffisant for many, he is not really my taste, but i will not call what he does "acting". :cool:

And for next year, it's seem, but it's the euphory of the 2nd place "famous" names are more open to participate at the contest. If it's like last year, submissions will start at the end of june.

To A-lister : Julia is possible, could be help her on her carreer as she is not really famous.
Indila, would be great, but the song your post have been a flop in french charts. But now she have a big succes with her duet with Amir. Anyway she say many times she wasn't interrested.

The 2021 NF was too much about "the cultural diversity of France in languages and styles" than find a winning entry, nothing wrong with that of course, but the delagation need to put more emphasis on the songs, if they really want France to win. And thanks god Barbara finally accepted to participated (she refuse to take part a the 2018 and 2019 NF) because i could not see any of the others of the songs doing better than a low top 15.

Last edited:

A-lister

Veteran
He's really a great singer, his songs "Run Away", "Distance Is A Thing" and "You and I" are really beautiful, here are the links if you want to check

He has a pretty pleasant voice though, his music is a bit too on the cheesy for me though, none of these songs are bad per se but it's a bit too Ed Sheeran for my taste. If he'd go more into the territory of Ben Howard (which I think his voice would fit), it'd be more interesting.

A-lister

Veteran
His main role is a lover of married women in a tv series, and so it's mainly sex scenes and just to be shirtless !! i know it's suffisant for many, he is not really my taste, but i will not call what he does "acting". :cool:
I'd be fine with that "acting" xheat
And for next year, it's seem, but it's the euphory of the 2nd place "famous" names seem more open to participate at the contest, if it's like last year, submissions will start at the end of june.
Interesting to see what will come out from this, I have a feeling France wants to win this and the #2 in 2021 might be the kick in the right direction to really go all in.
To A-lister : Julia is possible, could be help her on her carreer as she is not really famous.
Indila, would be great, but the song your post have been a flop in french charts. But now she have a big succes with her duet with Amir. Anyway she say many times she wasn't interrested.
So you think there's a chance for that? But for me Julia alone isn't enough, it's the Farmer/Boutonnat compositions I'm mostly after (and she'd be a logical pick), so question is would Farmer/Boutonnat be up for it?

I think it peaked at #2 though (at least according to wiki), so hardly a flop? If a flop though, I don't get why, the song is a total BOP! Maybe for the French public it didn't work, but a song like that would win Eurovision I think, but yeah I doubt she's interested anyways, the duet with Amir is also very nice though. I mean Indila is just generally magical so I've yet to hear anything bad from her (although her back-catalog isn't big enough to truly judge on)
The 2021 NF was too much about "the cultural diversity of France in languages and styles" than find a winning entry, nothing wrong with that of course, but the delagneed more emphasis on the song, if they really want France to win. And thanks god Barbara finally accepted to participated (she refuse to take part a the 2018 and 2019 NF) because i can not see any of the others of the songs doing better than a low top 15.
That's interesting, never thought of the NF that way but now when you say it totally makes sense.

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
I think it peaked at #2 though (at least according to wiki), so hardly a flop? If a flop though, I don't get why, the song is a total BOP! Maybe for the French public it didn't work, but a song like that would win Eurovision I think, but yeah I doubt she's interested anyways, the duet with Amir is also very nice though. I mean Indila is just generally magical so I've yet to hear anything bad from her (although her back-catalog isn't big enough to truly judge on)
I think Indila's most support comes from foreign countries. When I came to this forum I was amazed by the number of times people asked for her :lol: Don't get me wrong, she isn't unknown, her song Dernière Danse was spammed a lot when it was released, but she is not that popular. You just have to take a look at her YT comments : almost only English. Meanwhile nationally popular French artists have almost no drop of English in their comments.

crashworld

Veteran
His main role is a lover of a married woman in a tv series, and so it's mainly sex scenes and just to be shirtless !! i know it's suffisant for many, he is not really my taste, but i will not call what he does "acting". :cool:

LOL! That's enough for some you know. I don't mind meself. xheat

Top Bottom