Me voilà dans le bruit et dans la fureur aussi
Regardez moi enfin et mes yeux et mes mains
Tout c'que j'ai est ici, c'est ma gueule c'est mon cri
Me voilà, me voilà, me voilà
Voilà, voilà, voilà, voilà
Voilà​

Last edited by a moderator:

VikingTiger

This year the big 5 can be covering both the two first and the two last positions. France and Italy being the winner and the runner-up. Germany, the UK and Spain may all be fighting for the last places...

GermanBango

I think I am the only one who has issues with the way she is singing. It feels like she is forcing herself to sing aggressively.
She didn't sound that pleasant (at least, to me).
This! It`s also rather uncomfortable to watch imo (not even wanting to start with these wacky camera movements)

Preuss

I don't like that they've removed the "snow" moment from the national performance, that was good

Geborgenheit

Is she still number 1, according to bookies? I wonder also about her dress, will she sing only wearing a soutien-gorge as in the semi-final presentation?

Flamenkax

In the swimming pool, always stayin' cool
I have to say, as a french, that i'm feeling a bit less confident about a victory than i was before.

It saddens me a bit honestly, not really because i WANT my country to win (i'm not patriotic AT ALL ,and Voilà is not even my favourite favourite song, in my personal taste i would equally be happier with an Italian or Icelandic win) but because i want my country to be interested in ESC. Y'know, french people are weird : for example, when we lose the football world cup, the french team is only made of spoiled, overpaid delinquants (even when we come to the final) but when we win, EVERYONE likes football.
A victory would maybe helped french people to see what is Eurovision's really made of, like not the outdated show they tend to believe it is. For example i know that a lot will only come just for the results and not even would care about the actual songs. (Yeah, maybe also for Flo Rida this year, he's been trending on french Twitter during the SF, i was quite suprised)
Also it would maybe help more established artists to come to this stage... maybe even Indila (even i still don't understand what's the deal with her tbh lol)

Nonetheless, a top-5 would already be delightful. Last time we've ever been there, Spiderman had Tobey Maguire's face. Once.

popavapeur

I have to say, as a french, that i'm feeling a bit less confident about a victory than i was before.

It saddens me a bit honestly, not really because i WANT my country to win (i'm not patriotic AT ALL ,and Voilà is not even my favourite favourite song, in my personal taste i would equally be happier with an Italian or Icelandic win) but because i want my country to be interested in ESC. Y'know, french people are weird : for example, when we lose the football world cup, the french team is only made of spoiled, overpaid delinquants (even when we come to the final) but when we win, EVERYONE likes football.
A victory would maybe helped french people to see what is Eurovision's really made of, like not the outdated show they tend to believe it is. For example i know that a lot will only come just for the results and not even would care about the actual songs. (Yeah, maybe also for Flo Rida this year, he's been trending on french Twitter during the SF, i was quite suprised)
Also it would maybe help more established artists to come to this stage... maybe even Indila (even i still don't understand what's the deal with her tbh lol)

Nonetheless, a top-5 would already be delightful. Last time we've ever been there, Spiderman had Tobey Maguire's face. Once.

I do agree with everything you said. I'd like to win (just because..well it's great to win lol) even if Voilà is not my favorite song this year (and it's pretty low in my own ranking) and I'd rather take Iceland, Ukraine, San Marino or Italy as a winner (I mean everything but Malta lmao) based on my personal taste.
I hope we'll get a good result tho as people are asking us to be "french" (and now we are french, we're too french, I guess we can't please everybody). Let's just not be too cocky and trust Barbara and support her whatever the outcome is ! And if this is winning, I hope French people will be proud and be interested in the ESC again.

Thank you Barbara ! I dislike the song but I like your staging and the passion you have to represent us well. Good luck sis.

Storm

I looove France's staging this year, they really created something magical there in my opinion. Every camera shot looks stunning and the ending is beautiful. I don't think she will win though, I'm not sure it's the right song for the year. I'm not saying this is similar to Arcade but we just had a winner, alone on stage, singing in the dark, playing with the light. I feel like Eurovision is probably going into a different direction today, but she deserves a Top 5 finish at least!

harey

I don't believe in a victory and I am not a fan of the song but I would be so happy if France achieve a top 10 because it's not something I am used to. 😂 It must be so boring being Swedish and to assume each year to get a great result (as a football fan, I feel the same about PSG: all they get is disappointment for bad results and once in a while they perform well in CL while they can't understand how extatic I was when the team I'm a fan won national cup).

I just listened to news on the radio and the commentator told "music lovers hate it but if you love kitsch you will be happy because eurovision is tonight". Yeah, that's how eurovision is commonly described (but I believe less with young people because I feel there are many young esc fans in France).

John1

the bookmakers must be on to something, since Voilà has been at the top of the odds throughout the ESC season. Never ever was Italy or Malta in the same situation

A-lister

Veteran
I don't believe in a victory and I am not a fan of the song but I would be so happy if France achieve a top 10 because it's not something I am used to. 😂 It must be so boring being Swedish and to assume each year to get a great result (as a football fan, I feel the same about PSG: all they get is disappointment for bad results and once in a while they perform well in CL while they can't understand how extatic I was when the team I'm a fan won national cup).

I just listened to news on the radio and the commentator told "music lovers hate it but if you love kitsch you will be happy because eurovision is tonight". Yeah, that's how eurovision is commonly described (but I believe less with young people because I feel there are many young esc fans in France).

Although not in my personal top. 10, I agree a top. 10 would be well deserved but I really struggle with the idea of this winning, I don't think it would do the contest any good.

I hear you with the comment on being a Swedish fan, it's really boring, especially when you're not even very happy about our choices to see that it always gets a "special treatment" in ESC (because we kinda need to flop for us to change things up, so if Europe really want to see us doing something different, please help us flop xpray :lol:).

I really hate this notion that this is "real music" and everything that is fun or different is "kitsch", to be honest I find this a bit more kitschy with living up to all the French clichés and sound like an entry that could win Eurovision in 1960s :lol:

Flamenkax

In the swimming pool, always stayin' cool
Let's just not be too cocky and trust Barbara and support her whatever the outcome is ! And if this is winning, I hope French people will be proud and be interested in the ESC again.

Thank you Barbara ! I dislike the song but I like your staging and the passion you have to represent us well. Good luck sis.

Yes. I have that feeling that whatever the outcome we'll be quite proud.

But just like everybody else in a sense.
The teams, the dutch production, the delegations involved in this grand final will make everyone proud, whatever the country, competition aside. And that wil be a great feeling. Especially in these pandemic times.

popavapeur

I really hate this notion that this is "real music" and everything that is fun or different is "kitsch", to be honest I find this a bit more kitschy with living up to all the French clichés and sound like an entry that could win Eurovision in 1960s :lol:

To be honest I never seen anybody doing this kind of comparison but you. Like you were the first to call it "real music" cause you said it sounded like Portugal (and Portugal was indeed called real music, you're right for this one). But in all honesty, I never heard people calling "Voilà" "real music" unlike Portugal 2017 (even Barbara herself that gave her 12pts to Iceland and 8 to Italy - opposed to fun entries). Then you had an argument out of nowhere with some people that never said it either lmao and rumbling about the kitsch, fun and daring side of things but people already agreed with you but you weren't listening and keep saying people called it real music to keep having that argument.

It looks like a self fulfilling prophecy imho. Not trying to drag you into the mud but everybody here is hyping Ukraine which is daring, Italy which is different, San Marino which is fun, Switzerland which is arty, Malta which is pure pop and fun and France is barely considered a winner besides the bookmakers so I'm having a hard time finding those arguments about the real music nonsense that nobody said. People that want France to win just want it to win based on the staging that they found great with "winning vibes/moment" and that's it, like we all agree here that it's stereotypical, kitsch in a sense and a throwback to old chanson française.

A-lister

Veteran
To be honest I never seen anybody doing this kind of comparison but you. Like you were the first to call it "real music" cause you said it sounded like Portugal (and Portugal was indeed called real music, you're right for this one). But in all honesty, I never heard people calling "Voilà" "real music" unlike Portugal 2017 (even Barbara herself that gave her 12pts to Iceland and 8 to Italy - opposed to fun entries). Then you had an argument out of nowhere with some people that never said it either lmao and rumbling about the kitsch, fun and daring side of things but people already agreed with you but you weren't listening and keep saying people called it real music to keep having that argument.

It looks like a self fulfilling prophecy imho. Not trying to drag you into the mud but everybody here is hyping Ukraine which is daring, Italy which is different, San Marino which is fun, Switzerland which is arty, Malta which is pure pop and fun and France is barely considered a winner besides the bookmakers so I'm having a hard time finding those arguments about the real music nonsense that nobody said. People that want France to win just want it to win based on the staging that they found great with "winning vibes/moment" and that's it, like we all agree here that it's stereotypical, kitsch in a sense and a throwback to old chanson française.

Huh? I'm not fully following this response? I didn't call it "real" (or "unreal" either for that matter), most music is "real" I think xshrug

My comment was a response to those radio programmers @harey mentioned in his/her post that basically dissed Eurovision and made it sound like it has to sound like the French entry to be "proper/real music". Did you even read the context I was replying to? I didn't refer to people on this forum, more to people in general who have this view on the contest xshrug

With all due respect, but please read my reply in the context it was written.

mauve

Veteran
Is she still number 1, according to bookies? I wonder also about her dress, will she sing only wearing a soutien-gorge as in the semi-final presentation?
No, Italy has been for a while now. Now according to the bookies, Italy's winning chances are 27%, France being second with 19%.

Sabrewulf238

"music lovers hate it but if you love kitsch you will be happy because eurovision is tonight". Yeah, that's how eurovision is commonly described (but I believe less with young people because I feel there are many young esc fans in France).

I don't really get this mindset anymore. This might have been true around 8 or so years ago but the entries have been progressively getting more serious in recent years, it's definitely a noticeable trend.

I mean "I don't feel hate" is silly but it doesn't exactly compare to Verka or the Russian grannies.

A-lister

Veteran
I don't really get this mindset anymore. This might have been true around 8 or so years ago but the entries have been progressively getting more serious in recent years, it's definitely a noticeable trend.

I mean "I don't feel hate" is silly but it doesn't exactly compare to Verka or the Russian grannies.

Verka & Russian grannies are iconic, please don't compare them to the utter sh*t that "I don't feel hate" is, it's simply not fair.

harey

@Sabrewulf238 Yeah but people who dislike eurovision just keep speaking about esc that way, even if it isn't. A lot of French people speak about eurovision being trash and that we will never win because we send songs in French, etc. People are surprised when they discover that I'm an esc fan and they only tell me about eurodance and jokes entries because it's what they think is esc.

To be honest the man on the radio told that just before interviewing Marianne James who told that on the contrary she feels that eurovision is becoming too serious for her taste. It's just that he had no idea what he was talking about. 😁
____
Speaking of jokes entries: I like I don't feel hate because it makes me happy. But I don't want eurovision to be only these kinds of songs, as I don't want eurovision to be too "serious" and just giving us well produced middle of the road songs. I love the fact that every song CAN BE an eurovision song. And I'm tired when I read "this was too good for eurovision".

Juliette

I want to like this song (love Piaf, Brel and the like), but this feels like too much effort and little else :( Who knows, maybe I'll be left mesmerised by the final performance?

Ladynoir

Imagine being French AND supporting PSG. My struggle is real, lol.

I'm confident about tonight because there is no use in being stressed out and feeling down because "we may do lesser than expected". It's all fun, I'm going to believe it until the end because whether or not we win, at least I will be able to say that I enjoyed the ride while I could :LOL: and the result will make me happy even if it's not a victory.

Top Bottom