Tout c'que j'ai est ici, c'est ma gueule c'est mon cri
Me voilà, me voilà, me voilà
Voilà, voilà, voilà, voilà
Voilà​

Last edited by a moderator:

Edweis

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
I must admit, on repeated listens it is a little less impressive. I do think that it's because I don't speak french so cannot connect with the lyrics. Her passion, the rhythm and the staging are very impressive on first watch, and that's what counts so I still think it has massive potential.
Well tbh the lyrics aren't that complex, but the sounds are interesting.
Here's a translation

Well tbh the lyrics aren't that complex, but the sounds are interesting.
Here's a translation
I'm one of those who think this might do well because this entry does everything right (by now). Barbara leaves an impactful first impression with her performance, her song has a growing fan-following, and the song is accessible because the song-structure is easy/enjoyable to follow even if this song is distinctly French.

I think the main problem is the number of competitive ballads we might end up with. Will Voila truly stand out when Gjon releases his' song? That will be an issue when the running order is decided when someone else with better possibilities with hosting will get the sweet spot (this is probably why Australia is the jury favorite almost every year because EBU can cherrypick the hosting nation after an Aussie victory).

All we can hope for now is how much the show/performance will be polished in May and lots of luck.

GianlucaTomoe

Banned
the real winner

It's a shame that both this and "Voilà" had to compete in a NF in the same year :( I wish this could've represented France in ESC 2019 or 2016

Loindici

Veteran
I must admit, on repeated listens it is a little less impressive. I do think that it's because I don't speak french so cannot connect with the lyrics. Her passion, the rhythm and the staging are very impressive on first watch, and that's what counts so I still think it has massive potential.

I think Voila is one of those songs that you really have to focus on in order to enjoy every single second of it. I got the same case with you all when I'm listening to my songs casually, but it's gonna be way more enjoyable if I intentionally pick Voila to listen to.

FRFanESC

So proud that juries gave her lots of points. To be honest, as much as I loved the song, I didn't even think she would make it to the top 8, but it was deserved. Even André Manoukian gave her 10pts, the guy who literally only swears by classical music.

It seems that the live performances of EF will remain on youtube, which is perfect. France 2 learnt so much in a single year. Can't wait for a full show in an Arena (if covid isn't here anymore next year) in 2022. It's obvious the show will have a new edition, our HoD was very satisfied with the ratings and Barbara will likely end up high in may, I feel like the song is very appreciated by the large public here in France (for a Eurovision song, obviously because there are still lots of people that will never be staisfied no matter what the song we send is), it will likely be another rating success.

One last thing, Marseille, 3rd city of France, had inquired to organize Eurovision France but France 2 was asking too much money (500k€). In december 2019, Marseille (who was the host the host city) spent less than 200k€ for the organization of Miss France, iirc. They probably wanted to make something really huge, I hope their plans will go as it was planned for this year, lmao.

Last edited:

lacrymea

I know we're only 5 songs into the competition. But I doubt any song can top this one in my heart. Every little thing is perfection, I was obsessed after the first listen, which only happened yesterday. Well done, France.

grazy2266

I am very impressed with the French entry this year, normally I don't take to the French entries, but this has a lovely meaningful vocal and the control is amazing. Nice one France. 8 points from me.

Journalist

This song is excellent! 😃
Well done for France and Barbara. I think they made good choice. This is pure 'french song' and I appreciate it very much.
Best of luck!

Il conte di Montecristo

Finally France has come back to believe in its unique way of making music. The choice of French language is wonderful. Why sing in English when you have such an elegant language? Barbara Pravi's interpretation is a "consummate artist". The song instead is not the usual song but "a voice that breaks the silence" and is very deep. I got excited. Up until now I have been very cautious about giving low or high grades. It takes time to assimilate the songs and you have to have all the songs competing to draw up a ranking but, I feel like giving 12. This song could win following the same trail as Sobral, a trail of intense feeling.

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member
It was the best song in their NF I thought but even so not as good as it could have been. It's a nice song but feels like she is attempting an Edith Piaf which I only think partially works. Nothing even close imo to the truly great French ballads in Eurovision say in 2001 (a masterpiece which should have won the contest) and 2002 (almost as good as their 2001-entry). Still, it's a nice ballad and I give it 6p for now.

Brandt

This is probably going to end up being the biggest improvement from 2020 to 2021. Among all the songs that have been revealed so far, France is the only one I like so far.

crashworld

Veteran
Downgrading the song to a 5. Because I realize the song is just there for me and there are songs that I prefer (which I am not impressed) but I gave them 5.

Iker

Veteran
Wow, a classic chanson from France after a longer while!

And not a musty one, fortunately.

Dessi

I like this song and I love her voice but it isn't really much difference from so many other songs.
First I kind of loved it because it was in French...
Then I loved it cause she had a little of a Mireille Mathieu-thing going on...
..and so I continued...

But now I don't have any excuses left... I don't love this as much as I thought I did... I do LIKE it, but I don't LOVE it... Sorry, France.

Ianp16

I like this song and I love her voice but it isn't really much difference from so many other songs.
First I kind of loved it because it was in French...
Then I loved it cause she had a little of a Mireille Mathieu-thing going on...
..and so I continued...

But now I don't have any excuses left... I don't love this as much as I thought I did... I do LIKE it, but I don't LOVE it... Sorry, France.

I kinda agree. It's impactful on first listen but then it isn't something I want to keep going back to.

BorisBubbles

Veteran
Yeah the staging we saw in the NF is rly what the song needed, so it is wise to retain it. Polish it up around the edges maybe (ie: experiment with different clothes/camera angles and see which ones work best), and they may grab themselves their best result since Amir.

Top Bottom