19 6.5%

11 3.8%

6 2.1%

8 2.7%

2 0.7%

19 6.5%

• Total voters

John1

France got the most points from Ukraine..19.. hmm interesting..

They promoted Mercy there during Vidbir.

John1

[MENTION=9195]tuorem[/MENTION] : I wanted you to ask you a question before all of this mess happened, but I totally forgot to do so... :lol: :lol: Do you think that we would have done better with any other entries in Destination Eurovision? If you think so, which one of them?

Alaska49

i thought and wish this would have done better but my initial impression that this was too french to take europe by storm ended up being correct. i hope france2 isn't disheartened by this result.

tuorem

[MENTION=9195]tuorem[/MENTION] : I wanted you to ask you a question before all of this mess happened, but I totally forgot to do so... :lol: :lol: Do you think that we would have done better with any other entries in Destination Eurovision? If you think so, which one of them?

In hindsight, I'm not sure we could have done significantly better with any other song.

"Eva" would probably have been overrated by juries and ignored by people because it's too Swedish-like and by the numbers, so a 10th-11th place might have been doable. But honestly, I prefer to flop with a different-sounding song than do well with a completely manufactured one.

As for "OK ou KO" (my initial choice), I guess it would have landed around 17th-18th places or lower because of Emmy's lack of charisma on stage (even if she had a nice staging).

The rest was not good enough or out of place imo. What about you? :)

By the way, Delphine Ernotte, the current president of France Télévisions was interviewed today:

-she said she was disappointed by our result, yet they wish MM good luck for their musical career.
-she was happy that Israel won with a message about female empowerment and that our jury gave them 12 points.
-she reiterated she would love to organise Eurovision and plans to travel to Israel for Eurovision next year (like she did this year).
-she explained they should reflect more on what kind of music could appeal to Europeans, not just the French, and that they should emphasise the scenography to make non-French speakers understand our song. Amen! :D
-Destination Eurovision will continue next year and France will take part in Eurovision Junior.

Source: here/

John1

In hindsight, I'm not sure we could have done significantly better with any other song.

"Eva" would probably have been overrated by juries and ignored by people because it's too Swedish-like and by the numbers, so a 10th-11th place might have been doable. But honestly, I prefer to flop with a different-sounding song than do well with a completely manufactured one.

As for "OK ou KO" (my initial choice), I guess it would have landed between around 17th-18th places or lower because of Emmy's lack of charisma on stage (even if she had a nice staging).

The rest was not gThe ood enough or out of place imo. What about you? :)

By the way, Delphine Ernotte, the current president of France Télévisions was interviewed today:

-she said she was disappointed by our result, yet they wish MM good luck for their musical career.
-she was happy that Israel won with a message about female empowerment and that our jury gave them 12 points.
-she reiterated she would love to organise Eurovision and plans to travel to Israel for Eurovision next year (like she did this year).
-she explained they should reflect more on what kind of music could appeal to Europeans, not just the French, and that they should emphasise the scenography to make non-French speakers understand our song. Amen! :D
-Destination Eurovision will continue next year and France will take part in Eurovision Junior.

Source: here/

I didn't have any opinion about this issue to be honest. :lol:

esc87fan

I really enjoyed following Destination Eurovision, and I was glad it got to air on TV5 here in Canada - it was the first time any Eurovision national selection process was broadcast in my country. And as long as people enjoyed "Mercy" the result really doesn't matter, MM's mission was to spread a message of hope and humanity to a wider audience and I believe wholeheartedly that they succeeded in that mission

Sammy

Veteran
one of my few disappointments yesterday. They should have been at least top 10

John1

Can the reason why they didn't end up in the top 10 at least be that Emilie's performance was a bit weak yesterday along with less powerful vocals?

crashworld

Veteran
I think the staging has definitely let this song down. They could have done much more with the stage, something like what Germany did with a projector would have been a nice touch. I am genuinely surprised it did not do as well in both the juries and televoters.
But I think France should be proud of this entry and they have been sending great entries since 2016.

Marvelous

Can the reason why they didn't end up in the top 10 at least be that Emilie's performance was a bit weak yesterday along with less powerful vocals?

The problem was the lack of emotion.
Just look at the live performance from the first semi-final of Destination Eurovision and compare it to yesterday's performance. There was clearly something missing. It looked too manufactured in Lisbon. Almost too rehearsed ?

But apart from this, the staging was pretty bad and it didn't leave much of an impact. There was nothing they could do.

mauve

Veteran
The problem was the lack of emotion.
Just look at the live performance from the first semi-final of Destination Eurovision and compare it to yesterday's performance. There was clearly something missing. It looked too manufactured in Lisbon. Almost too rehearsed ?

There could be some kind of truth in it. Maybe too over-rehearsed. The freshness was missing. And I had the feeling that they trusted too much in the arms-moves-thing. It was not enough to connect with the people.

John1

How on the Earth could Edoardo finally become aware of the fact that :fr: should rather work on staging stuff than promoting their entry?

Antho

How on the Earth could Edoardo finally become aware of the fact that :fr: should rather work on staging stuff than promoting their entry?
We have to work on staging of course, but promotion is also very important, it allows to build hype around a country, to prepare for the contest, to create links with other contestants, delegations and even sometimes, it allows to earn some points. Since we're performing at Vidibir, Ukraine is always giving us a lot of points. Just take a look at this year.

toinou03

We have to work on staging of course, but promotion is also very important, it allows to build hype around a country, to prepare for the contest, to create links with other contestants, delegations and even sometimes, it allows to earn some points. Since we're performing at Vidibir, Ukraine is always giving us a lot of points. Just take a look at this year.

Yes. :ua: is the point that it's more important to appear in other selections than in preparties...

Kairit

Still commemorating this masterpiece that the French nearly sent to Eurovision xpray Not saying it would've done better, but I do think it has a bit more immediacy/memorability. MM was eventually my 3rd in the Eurovision season, but it took time and clear understanding of the lyrics for me to love it. But these two songs were still undoubtedly my two favourites from the NF season & ugh... I desperately want this NF to continue, in the end the quality was very high.

Nicfedy

Watched the contest in a small group with a older French lady. Every time in the voting playback, she was screaming ok ok de rien, no more.

Marvelous

Still commemorating this masterpiece that the French nearly sent to Eurovision xpray Not saying it would've done better, but I do think it has a bit more immediacy/memorability. MM was eventually my 3rd in the Eurovision season, but it took time and clear understanding of the lyrics for me to love it. But these two songs were still undoubtedly my two favourites from the NF season & ugh... I desperately want this NF to continue, in the end the quality was very high.

France Televisions confirmed today it will come back.

Top Bottom