• Total voters

Mrm

Veteran

Moment 02:41 gives me life! xheat xbow

I so wish to do the hand move to "Mercy" together with that lady! xlove xheart

Pity it wont be the same in the final! :(

Mrm

Veteran
Some elements of this entry remind me A LOT of 2012 MF entry - Lisa Miskovsky - "Why start a fire"..

esc87fan

I just want to say with less than 24 hours before a new winner is crowned that I have never felt this strongly about a Eurovision entry until I heard the initial snippet of "Mercy" during the French selection process. Right then and there, I knew it was something special and could potentially win the whole thing if it won DE

Hearing about all the positive feedback from the press and the fans, and seeing the crowd response during the preview clip at the second semifinal and the Twitter clip in the arena a few hours ago really makes me believe it can go all the way tomorrow, it will be a special moment to see the entire audience doing that hand motion at the end of the song. Press polls, fan polls and bookies' odds only say so much, but if France can get a top 5 with the juries and then really smash it in the televote they can certainly do it.

Regardless of the outcome, "Mercy" will always be my winner this year and I can't wait to see what will be in store for Madame Monsieur after the contest

mauve

Veteran
Please, please win! I don't want to see a bland song like Cyprus taking the trophy home!

Gordon_Shumway

I am currently listening to Madame Monsieur's album "Vu d'ici" on Spotify, and it's remarkably good. "Mercy" seems to be not only a "one hit wonder".

esc87fan

Another accolade for Madame Monsieur - they handed out the Marcel Bezençon Awards just now and MM won the Press Award for the best song in the final as voted on by members of the accredited media!

DdBAKYnX4AAcsYY.jpg

toinou03

We flopped big time, but deservedly. The performance wasn't memorable at all and way too simple...
There was way better to do with Mercy than just arm waving...

John1

I hope that they won't hold a NF again. Just stick to internal selection like :at:. I'm so proud of MM and our representatives, but Edoardo needs to do something in order to bring us back to the top of the scoreboard.

THAT'S IT. I'm disappointed and I think that :il: 2018 will remain one of the worst ESC winners ever. I ain't hating on :il:, but let's face it: the entry wasn't as good as a lot of previous winners. Nothing great, nothing new. Even :az: deserved to win in 2011.

John1

Sorry for these double posts. I only need to point out that you were all right: :fr: biggest flaw is the staging. I didn't want to become aware of it, but I did when I watched the performance of MM, which was suprisingly bland and weak.

Thanks.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
And this is why you wont ever fully succeed when your HoD is deluded in thinking staging means nothing. AGAIN it's what let you down. France could have done so so much more with this but it just didn't work. Italy monopolised that effect much better.

mauve

Veteran
Sad about it. Great song, but the staging was way too simple. But thought that France would at least be in top 10 ...

tuorem

OMG I've just realised MM is one place lower than Alma :eek:

Well, I never saw the broad appeal of "Mercy" but started believing in the hype surrounding us and thought we would do better with voters. Nevermind, that remains a respectable result, even though it might be disappointing for a favourite.

I hope Destination Eurovision will stay and we'll have stronger entries next year. :) I wonder how "OK ou KO" would have fared.

John1

And this is why you wont ever fully succeed when your HoD is deluded in thinking staging means nothing. AGAIN it's what let you down. France could have done so so much more with this but it just didn't work. Italy monopolised that effect much better.

He'll hopefully stop being such obsessed with these simple stagings, which """"are doing so well at the ESC""""". :lol:

OMG I've just realised MM is one place lower than Alma :eek:

Well, I never saw the broad appeal of "Mercy" but started believing in the hype surrounding us and thought we would do better with voters. Nevermind, that remains a respectable result, even though it might be disappointing for a favourite.

I hope Destination Eurovision will stay and we'll have stronger entries next year. :) I wonder how "OK ou KO" would have fared.

OMG please no. xcry

Top Bottom