2 0.7%

19 6.5%

• Total voters

Trece

Han Hazretleri
Staff member
No stage and awful costumes made it. Song is awesome

Marvelous

Sorry for these double posts. I only need to point out that you were all right: :fr: biggest flaw is the staging. I didn't want to become aware of it, but I did when I watched the performance of MM, which was suprisingly bland and weak.

Thanks.

Told ya' ;)
Madame Monsieur shouldn't be ashamed of themselves though. The delegation let them down.

John1

Oh You didn't like it? :eek: Do you want us to get back to internal selection?

Holding a NF without barely any top 10 contenders would be a huge waste of time. As of today, Edoardo won't question himself. It doesn't matter whether we're competing with a bop or not, as they ruin up the staging every single year. Period. :(

cegs5

I don't get why they changed their outfit, it looked ridiculous while in the NF was chic and genuine.
But the most important thing is that the power of the song is in the lyrics, unfortunately the message/story couldn't be understood by that staging.

ory26

Mixed feelings. I wanted us to do another top 10, and of course wished for a win, but after MM finish their song tonight, i was certain to see them finish in the bottom 5.

Happy to see them 13th :) i think the error was to show the hand gesture in the recap.The first chorus would have be better.

tuorem

Holding a NF without barely any top 10 contenders would be a huge waste of time. As of today, Edoardo won't question himself. It doesn't matter whether we're competing with a bop or not, as they ruin up the staging every single year. Period. :(

The issue this year is that MM had no real staging right from the start. And indeed our team sucks at creating presentations that fit.
We had a tricky song to stage, and it seems Italians succeeded in doing so with theirs, so it's really Edoardo's fault if our chances weren't maximised (once again). I wonder what kind of bs he'll think of to explain our result.

Emmy and Igit had decent staging ideas in Destination Eurovision for instance, they should try harder and stop thinking the song will do all the work. I think it's good that we have a say in our song selection tbh, and more options to choose from.

John1

The issue this year is that MM had no real staging right from the start. And indeed our team sucks at creating presentations that fit.
We had a tricky song to stage, and it seems Italians succeeded in doing so with theirs, so it's really Edoardo's fault if our chances weren't maximised (once again). I wonder what kind of bs he'll think of to explain our result.

Emmy and Igit had decent staging ideas in Destination Eurovision for instance, they should try harder and stop thinking the song will do all the work. I think it's good that we have a say in our song selection tbh, and more options to choose from.

Can't we just tell and remind him that he REALLY needs to change his state of mind? I mean, there must be a way to do so.

tuorem

Can't we just tell and remind him that he REALLY needs to change his state of mind? I mean, there must be a way to do so.

No, he blocks people who leave negative comments on his twitter account. And unless someone stumbles on him in the streets (like I did two years ago), I'm not sure there is a way to bring constructive criticism. :?

Mrm

Veteran
Netta doing the “Mercy hand move” after receiving 12 from French jury was the highlight of the evening, it pumped so much life into me! xlove xheart

John1

No, he blocks people who leave negative comments on his twitter account. And unless someone stumbles on him in the streets (like I did two years ago), I'm not sure there is a way to bring constructive criticism. :?

This is such a childish attitude. :?

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

Probably get you arrested and exiled. xrollinglol

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
13th is by no means a flop and is actually a result to be proud of. It did a bit better than I envisioned it doing but performed below fan expectations, which I always believed were set way, way too high. It's a song with a message that doesn't do a lot to get that message to you, and so you're just left with a slick, minimalist electronic pop track, and how are you gonna sell that to people? You did a decent job, all things considered. It obviously did connect with some people as it did ok overall, and it was a fan favourite. I knew the songs appeal to the wider public was limited though.

Please come back with an NF again for 2019. So much effort went into your selection this year. Your were on the right track. Keep going France.

Mrm

Veteran
Mercy, Mercy [MENTION=9441]RainyWoods[/MENTION] Mercy!
Mercy, Mercy, RainyWoods, Mercy!

:doing Mercy hand move:

xlove xheart

esc87fan

I was absolutely stunned that they scored so low in the televote, I thought they deserved so much better than what they got. Nonetheless, France got to the left side of the scoreboard for the third consecutive year and was top 10 with the juries, that's quite a great achievement (yes, MM was one place lower than Alma, but they got more points than her) for a contest that was so strong and wide open right to the very end. Heck, they even got the first 12 of the night!

As I said before, no matter what the result, "Mercy" will always be my winner this year as it has really touched my heart. I wish Madame Monsieur every success with their career going forward

Mrm

Veteran
Please, I wanted to be nice. Don't remind me of the hook and the hand movements.

But Netta Barzilai doing that made me collapse and faint! xfaint xlove xheart

A-lister

Veteran
I still think this was one of the best entries this year and would have been a worthy singer, but when I saw it live yesterday I had to draw the conclusion that the staging wasn't well thought-through, the vocals were shaky and thin on-and-off and the whole "hand thing" (that more looked like a political protest movement) didn't look good either, in fact it made it look a bit messy and didn't do the sensitivity and melancholy of the song any justice. I still think France deserved a better outcome, but I can't say I was shocked based on the performance they did.

Mrm

Veteran
France got the most points from Ukraine..19.. hmm interesting..

Top Bottom