19 6.5%

11 3.8%

6 2.1%

8 2.7%

2 0.7%

19 6.5%

• Total voters

John1

Here's their performance at the Wiwi Jam (the party hosted by Wiwibloggs)

It seems that :fr: is aiming at achieving a way better result than Amir. Everyone is on fire, when someone said their name to the crowd. xheat

DanielLuis

Really interested how the hand movement towards the end will look like on TV, with the audience probably joining in. For now it seemed a bit weird to me.

It seems very weird on an empty arena, but I'm sure it'll look great when the arena is filled with people doing the gesture. It's something that will really stand out in viewer's minds if the chosen camera angles capture it well.

Antho

I really hope they'll do great during the finals. Their performances are so impactful.

esc87fan

Looking forward to seeing their preview today. If it's as magical as Eurovoix says, I have no doubt it's going to look fantastic on Saturday

popavapeur

I have to say that I felt the hand gesture - the first time I saw it - very weird and so out of place, I was like "what is it ? a new cult ?" I was uncomfortable and it seemed so ridiculous. I still find the hand gesture weird AF but I realize now...this hand gesture is what makes the song pop out and create a moment, and if they achieve a great result on saturday it's because everybody is doing it.

Gordon_Shumway

It seems that :fr: is aiming at achieving a way better result than Amir. Everyone is on fire, when someone said their name to the crowd. xheat

I LOVE that moment at 2:10 when she realizes that the crowd knows the lyrics and is singing along from the very beginning. That's so cute, somehow.

A-lister

Veteran
I LOVE that moment at 2:10 when she realizes that the crowd knows the lyrics and is singing along from the very beginning. That's so cute, somehow.

Cute :)

I feel like they are the type of artists that first didn't really know what to expect from entering something like Eurovision since it's probably not their "scene" normally, but I can see that they totally embraced it and the love they receive. I got only good vibes from these two from the things I've seen in interviews etc.

As far as entry goes, it would be a worthy winner, I can also see this as the first time in a long time a native language song COULD potentially cross-over after Eurovision, it may not scream "hit hit hit", but it's actually a very radio friendly song, nice memorable and catchy melody and yet very classy with a sound that is contemporary enough. Somehow I think EBU would be very happy bringing ESC back to a "big" country as well, the only thing I'd worry about is safety if ESC would go to Paris next year, because France is really not a very safe country any longer.

ory26

A-lister;1813821 the only thing I'd worry about is safety if ESC would go to Paris next year said:
:lol:

Seriously you comment is pretty stupid !! you risk nothing in Paris, is not like if we did not have welcomed tons of event since 2015 and nothing happened, so stop your bullshit and if, big if, eurovision return in Paris, enjoy it !!

popavapeur

:lol:

Seriously you comment is pretty stupid !! you risk nothing in Paris, is not like if we did not have welcomed tons of event since 2015 and nothing happened, so stop your bullshit and if, big if, eurovision return in Paris, enjoy it !!

that wasn't necessary to answer to him the way you did, Sorry [MENTION=4544]A-lister[/MENTION] for my fellow countryman (?). He obviously doesn't know what is France like in the everyday life and the only thing you can see with the medias is a country that was attacked many times by terrorist attacks, is actually living a migrant crisis and has to deal with bigger forces such as Russia and the USA (dumb cheeto) and he's totally right to think that the contest could be a target.

I can tell you that everyday life is pretty safe, I can cross the way of police men and women, military forces in the streets/ big points of interest everyday and we all live quite normally. If the contest is going to France next year, I think France has the power to ensure the safety of thousands of people and they won't be light on safety as it's surely the most important thing that is going to be in their mind.

esc87fan

Guys, I have a good feeling about this! The clip looked amazing, the crowd went ballistic when Émilie sang "Amar pelos dois" in French, and they were still doing the hand motion after the preview!

I think France could really win the whole thing on Saturday!

Preuss

The deal about this song is when they sing "Mercy" I always think it's the word "Merci" in French which makes it confusing for me
but song is good and staging looked good so
but do I believe it's gonna do as good as the odds? No, sadly.

QwaarJet

ESC Moderator
Top Bottom