14 5.4%

11 4.3%

8 3.1%

8 3.1%

17 6.6%

41 16.0%

• Total voters

AdelAdel

Yes it's the answer to your question. Since French is the official language of the EBU/ESC, countries can decide wether they choose to announce their points in English or French. Belgium, Switzerland, Spain, San Marino, Albania, Andorra etc... did so in the past or continue to do so.

Well, considering that France was the ONLY country this year to announce their votes in French, I kind of understand Grinch's question.
And if you're fine with the whole Europe not understanding France when speaking, then it's fine as well. She delivered a very long speech tonight, but I didn't understand a thing.

Mrm

Veteran
I'm always realistic, they were my faves, but weren't that good on the big stage, performance was cool, but vocal skills were poor! :(

They are maybe not for a big stage, but for some smaller cosy places and atmosphere.. :)

2 points is really small..that is a crime.. :( xcry

Happiness

I'm ok for that point. She just said thanks for everyone who made the ESC possible etc... Nothing important.

Nothing can be important anything when you reveal your votes but votes. That's just rude to have such long talk when you're not in common language. Would you say the same if all European languages were official languages of EBU and each country use their own language? What a mess...

QwaarJet

ESC Moderator
France really need to decide what to do about Eurovision. Take it seriously or leave. Because that display tonight was an embarrassment.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Frances first last place! Probably deserved as well. And ditto to what Qwaarjet said.

SRBIJA

Banned
This wasn't the worst song in this final but I kinda saw it coming after the performance too yeah.

cassio

I voted for france it was a very funny and silly song ......... the only words I understood was I want a mustache ...... well if a song with a title Alcohol is free can end up in top 10 so should a song with the title mustache........ :D

Yepp. France, failed to to well with their typical Ballads sung by a beautiful girl in a dress. Decides to ridicule the entire thing (for good reasons), sending some really crappy shite for the full purpose of sending a message "we don't give a ****". Ends up being last. Gaining no sympathies at all in the process.

France, please, give us the ladies back. We don't want this. At least..... try?

Skymnos

Well, I found this pretty cool and different and I was supporting France this year.
I turned out to be even worse score-wise then I had anticipated. I mean 2 points? wtf?
Sooo underrated!

12Points

No offense but their "When i said TWIN TWIN you said oh yeah" thing is embarassing :?

Now what France would be like this year if they sent Joanna instead? :)

LalehForWD

I liked the song and I think it is very contemporary French. But I'm by far no expert on French music though. :D It just agrees with my perception of how a typical good French Eurovision contribution should be like.

But it failed and I think there are 2 major faults here:
1) France needs to be performing in the semifinals.
- You need the act polishing process through the rehearsals, the extra exposure and the pressure to qualify.
2) A professional choreographer for the act.
- Although there were a great theme, the Twin Twin act was terrible, confusing and sloppy.

Someone said during ESC preparations that the French act is cool, but the guys needs to be careful not come across as arrogant and as mocking with the event. I think they succeeded to avoid that very well and showed a happy and fun attitude throughout.

I think the last place was not deserved at all and I hope the guys and France take the result for what it is.

revallsay

I liked the performance! France didn't deserve to be last! That's a daylight robbery!

toinou03

We have the ratings...

And this year Eurovision was... 4th xfacepalm
2 570 000 viewers, 13,6% This is quite the same as last year... (only 100 000 persons less) Though The Voice is way lower than last year as people are fed up with it.

Obviously, people and websites call for us to withdraw as it has this low interest...

France 3 answers that it is cheaper than a movie... (Obviously, with their zero investment... xfacepalm )
They have completely given up. They say that the purpose of Eurovision is to send anyone who wants to have some exposition => We're back in 2005-2006 :(

And don't expect better next year... We are left for ten years like that !

LakZaNokte

i actually enjoyed live much more than studio version but the entire thing was kinda out of place.

and i wouldn't say france isn't showing any effort
last year i loved your song but live wasn't really good sadly and that's why it didn't do well
i don't understand why u didn't continue in that direction, with songs in that style or something xshrug

focus focus focus xbow

Sammy

Veteran
Whenever France is sending something "funny", it fails (same with the Fatal Picards). Obviously Europe is not getting the french humor. I wasn't to fond of the song, but the last place is undeserved....

Top Bottom